Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK and Texas to join SEC

That came out during SEC media days today in Hoover, it came out right before Jim Bo Fisher went up on stage so we know it was a Texas alum leaked it before the story was published.

Questions that were asked about the conference realignment were met with no comment or non denial denials.

Some in Arkansas were saying "well now it makes it even harder for the Hogs to rise back up" and I thought, Texas and Oklahoma are easier to beat than Alabama and Auburn who will most likely be moving to the eastern division if this happens. It will be harder to recruit Texas and Oklahoma is the thing.

Now the Oklahoma politicians could throw a wrench into this, they may say you cannot go unless Oklahoma state goes with you but this may be enough money to where they can't stop it. Estimated payday for each team would go up to 60 or 70 million a year instead of the 45 each team in the SEC gets now. Then theirs the money the two schools would have to pay to leave the Big 12 but if the conference dissolves as soon as they leave then they wouldn't have to pay anything.

Which to me means the Big 12 would hang on until they got the money LOL. Plenty of money people to pay this off for both schools so if and its damn likely, it happens, they will be gone to the SEC.

Ahh but what if they insist Oklahoma St. has to go with Oklahoma, who the hell gets kicked out of the SEC? Arkansas, Missouri are the two obvious ones, South Carolina is the next but less likely even though they are a better fit for the ACC. Vanderbilt is not going cause they keep the conference GPA up.

Theirs other things involved, the other big conferences would swallow up new teams to get to 16. Texas Tech, Baylor and BYU would getting offers.

Then the talk went into just saying F the NCAA, their will be 4 big conferences with all the big teams and they won't want to listen to them anymore What will happen to the other conferences and teams, will they make some sort of association with what will be the big 4?

Anyway I had that on my mind, no one is here to talk to so I had to write this.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: OK and Texas to join SEC

Paul Finebaum show. Someone brought up and Paul kind of agreed that once some schools have highly paid players, hell Alabama might have 1rst and 2nd stringers all with NIL agreements some of the schools are going to say hell with it, we're going back to the old old student athlete thing. Thing is some of them will be in the SEC and other super conferences that have yet to be created. Then you basically have division 2 schools inside the super conferences. I mean is Vanderbilt, in football, gonna be able to compete at all with Bama?, hell will Arkansas be able to?

Sure you may have 3 or 4 guys with NIL's but who is going to want to block for them? The have and have nots of college football we have already it will get really bad once all of the super conference stuff and NIL gets going.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.