Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woooo pig soooooie razorbacks

Hogs win the overall SC championship. Okay lots of players played well but in the end Charlie Welch, THE BEST PINCH HITTER IN COLLEGE BASEBALL, comes in in the bottom of the 9th and drives in Casey Opitz, the catcher, who hit a double and got to third on an error to win the game off of Jack Leftwich one of the better relievers in the college game (NOT AS GOOD AS KEVIN KOPPS).

Kopps had come in after the Hogs tied the game in the 8th on Moores homer. As soon as the game was tied Van Horn brings in Kopps. Kopps who seems to pitch too much but tells everyone he wants to pitch every day just blew them away after the Hogs tied it. Van Horn still won't allow him to go 3 or 4 innings 2 days in a row. When that happens well someone else has to try to close the game.

Charlie Welch? He doesn't play the field unless its a midweek game and not that much even then but he can hit. Batting 438 overall and 6 for 10 in SEC games. Gets on base most of the time even if he doesn't get a hit
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Woooo pig soooooie razorbacks

People like to talk, some of them were saying the ACTUAL number one team was Vanderbilt, tonight they found out different.

Okay, tonight the Hogs faced Vanderbilt, plus it was Kumar Rocker. Who will make millions of dollars one day. To me he will do better against major league hitters cause all they do is swing for the fence, they chase that slider into the dirt. Hogs, mostly, they won't chase it. Matt Goodheart has been in a slump out the azz but after Van Horn yelled out to him "SEE THE BALL UP", during his at bat, he hits a 3 run double off of Rocker. This is after Rocker hit him in the head earlier, hit the bill of the helmet so he was okay.

Rocker has a bump, in his slider, it moves up, a little, when it comes out of his hand, its not much but they can see it and Bubba Carpenter our color analyst saw it and I'm sure Dave Van Horn and the rest of the coaching staff saw it and if that bump is too low, the pitch will be in the dirt or too low. They will have to teach that bump out of his slider. You can make people chase dirt balls if not for that bump. If they didn't see it then Bubba told them.

Anyway the Hogs beat him, got him out of the game, his earliest exit from a game, and then beat the rest of them in the end 6 to 4.

Kopps, no one thought he'd pitch much in the tournament, damn sure not 3 innings in one game. I think Dave decided "THIS GAME DOESN'T REALLY MATTER BUT SOME PEOPLE NEED TO SHUT UP", so he pitched Kopps for 3 innings to close it out. We were already gonna be the number 1 overall seed in the NCAA but some people need to shut up.

Kopps line, its basically his usual line anytime he pitches

3 IP 0 hits, 0 runs, 5 K's
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 05-28-2021 at 05:24 AM.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOG WIN BOTH SEC TITLES, REGULAR SEASON AND THE STUPID TOURNAMENT. Dave throws Kopps again, 3 innings today. Battles, damn Battles played lights out in the field and at the plate. Christian Franklin, didn't really get pitched to, probably the best player on the team but no one wants to pitch to him, bunch of walks in the tournament.

Bad things, we lose two pitchers to elbow stuff in the last two week and we lose Slavins, our first baseman to a sprained ankle, make it to Omaha, should be back.

Good things, we find two pitchers, Conner Noland makes a comeback from his early in the year injury and Toles, a freshman shows he can pitch.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dave stuck Kopps into the game to pitch in the 3rd, not done this early all year. I guess hoping it jumps starts the offense and of course to stop Nebraska. I think he may have played that hand one too many times, yes it almost always gets the offense going when he comes in but its going to fail sooner later and I doubt even Kopps can pitch the rest of the game without giving up a run or two. I know its weird you use a guy who doesn't bat to jump start the offense but it has worked.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kopps pitches the rest of the game, 7 inning, 3 hits, no walks, one hit batter, no runs allowed, lowers his ERA to .68 LOL. Boy I am glad to be wrong bout that.

Charlie Welch had been starting cause Slavens was hurt but even though Slavens timing is way off, he got the start but he got no hits. Welch came in to pinch hit after a wild pitch brought in Franklin for the lead run, Welch hits a 3 run homer to put it out of reach, 6 to 2. Welch should never start, he just hits hell out of it when coming off the bench. People were jumping up and down on top of the Arkansas dugout as soon as Charlie hit it, IT WAS GONE BABY IT WAS GONE. I mean the first guy jumped up there on the dugout as Charlie was swinging.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well tonight, they just beat hell out of North Carolina State, NC state kept all their good relievers in the bull pen, so tomorrow Hogs have to beat good pitchers again. We could run out of hits and runs, since they scored 21 runs tonight but I just get the feeling thats not going to happen.

Christian Franklin had or has the strep throat which means we were missing our badazz center fielder who has robbed many teams of runs. He is supposedly over it but it was hot today, its gonna be hot tomorrow so I don't see him playing unless its Sunday or he might pinch hit. Teams have also found the hole in his swing so playing him now might not be a priority unless its as a defensive replacement late in the game with a lead.

Didn't need Kopps today, so if we get a lead tomorrow, he could go 5, 6, 7 innings.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this is depressing, Hogs lose their first 3 game series of the season and will not be going to college world series. It seems from what I could see, the other teams figured out, do not walk them and also they figured out the holes in the Hogs swings so they didn't hit much in the next two games. Thats been every team late in the year, do that and you got a good chance. They were not beating the hell out of teams late in the year like they had been earlier.

Kopps loses his first game of the year, some will say Van Horn should not have started him but its likely he's facing Torres in the 8th inning anyway. Torres hit the game winning home run. Kopps gave up 3 runs in 8 innings, none of the other pitchers would have done that. They needed to hit and they just didn't.

They got many runs earlier in the year off of walks and then home runs, well you got to get hits and not count on the walks and home runs.