Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FOOTBALL in general

OK, I will understand if college doesn't play, they aren't allowed to buy alcohol so why should they take the risk even if its very small. Alcohol played a large part in my life at the age they are LOL.

THE NFL ON THE OTHER HAND, they are pros, I'm a professional worker LOL. If I can go through this whole damn thing working they can play football. WE NEED FOOTBALL, more than we need damn near every thing except a spiritual awakening and a return to old fashion values. <-- someones not going to like that last part, probably several someones.

Fing politics has over shadowed every thing, the reason it has is no sports until baseball and the NBA came back but they will be gone soon. America needs it ACTUAL Fing pastime which is football. It distracts us from how much we many times/much hate each other.

I've said it before and I will say it again, the main reason the south doesn't fight about race as much is football. Its hard to love the Tide, the Hogs, the BullDogs if you hate the players playing for the team, so you just get over that, plus many of the black necks in the south are awful damn red just like the white necks. In the south the game is a damn religion black, white whatever, the SEC doesn't dominate if its not. Who are the other teams that are badass (most of the time) not in the SEC, Clemson, Florida State and Texas, IN THE SOUTH. Some other teams I left out probably.

WE NEED FOOTBALL
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve. LOL I was actually on the other side in a tournament against Forgotten Honor or whatever they were called. I think they/I won but I don't remember that. I WAS A TANKER FOR THEM LOL.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: FOOTBALL in general

I hate to say it but Drew Brees is done. They may as well put Hill in the game and let him get going now. Jameis Winston they say got passed by Hill in practice.

Brees played a long time, very well, won a super bowl and he made it back from a bad shoulder injury early in his career. They got TV spot waiting on him.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 10-13-2020 at 01:32 AM.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve. LOL I was actually on the other side in a tournament against Forgotten Honor or whatever they were called. I think they/I won but I don't remember that. I WAS A TANKER FOR THEM LOL.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vikings won 36-28 after leading 29-0. To lose that game would have been the most Vikings thing ever. Steelers didn't do squat for 2 1/3 quarters and still nearly came all the way back. Woulda been a waste of Cook's 200 yard rushing performance and after he worked his butt of to come back from his shoulder injury.

nfl-meme-when-gardner-minshew-was-born-he-drove-his-mom-home-from-the-hospital.jpg

87000772.jpg

614e82e5cc2cd.jpeg
    how-oakland-raiders-fans-would-walkinto-work-today-nfl-memes-6352774.png

How-Many-Detroit-Lions.jpg

Tony-Romo-Meme.jpg
    Tony been retired awhile but he was kinda fragile when he played.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 12-10-2021 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Needed some NFL memes in this post

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    09-01-2022
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE APOCALYPSE IS NEAR
    BELICHICK APOLOGIZED
    TO THE MEDIA

The media seemed surprised since he wasn't that rough on them after the loss, he's been much meaner to them in the past LOL

So you know the end is near now, can't be much longer

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder sometimes if Cowboy fans are surprised by their problems. The problem being the owner thinking he knows how to pick players and make trades worth a crap. Okay they think Jerry is still there and we won super bowls when he was owner in the 90's. We won one with Barry as coach, I wonder if they understand Barry won that with Jimmy's players and the next year when of course the Jerry effect had happened, they didn't win and haven't since Jimmy stopped being the big boss of the team.

Jerry can run a franchise and make money with it but he is no general manager.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya know, after today, I really have no clue who to bet on. To be fair, I really had clue before today either . If Stafford manages to beat Brady tomorrow, I would not be surprised at all. I would be surprised if Mahomes loses so I would take whatever number they put on that. KC will win IMO. Mahomes is just too smart IMO. UNLESS, he goes with how his arm feels, feel aint everything.. He needs to talk to his father, IMO, a modern day relief pitcher. Sometimes Patrick throws too much side arm cause it feels good.

Although I agree with Rogers on the whole virus/vax thing theirs just something about him that says, NO, do not bet on him. Farve back in da day, yeah bet on wild *** Farve but not Rodgers. With Farve, back then, hell everything was 50/50 which IMO is better than Rodgers now. He just don't have it in BIG games although he has more arm talent than any besides me and I'm talking me at 16-20. Man could I throw a ball back then.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chiefs v Bills, greatest playoff game since the Miami v San Diego game in 81. That one went 2 overtimes, blocked field goals in overtime, the Dolphins came back from 24 down to get there using the backup quarterback cause Shula chose the wrong QB. I'm sure David Woodley is a fine human but he was not a professional quarterback.

The GOAT may retire after losing to the Rams, it was a game that Rams tried to give away many times but somehow still won.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be just a couple of months till the anniversary of the greatest game I ever played in. They were the number 2 ranked team in our classification and we were God only knows.

The field the we played on was brand new, their old field had a crown in so severe that when you cut back it was like running up a mountain. Apparently school board members and others kept coming by and saying "LOWER" that the damn field ended up being a mudhole the night we played on it, it had rained all day.

Coach wasn't much for pre game speeches and he didn't do one that night but he did no one thing he never did. He said "put your helmets on" before we went on the field. He never had us put our helmets on before warm up until that night.

Their were two paths to walk down to that field on, one right behind those new bleachers and another where you did not walk behind them, Coach put on a baseball cap (which he never wore) and he had us with our helmets on..

If they had spit on our bear heads we'd have gone into the crowd so he had our helmets on., he knew to do that. So he walked us behind those bleachers and we got spit on, all kinds of things said about us and some of those people were supposed to be adults.

I saw spit hit that old mans shoulder and you couldn't have made me any madder. We didn't get along much of the time but hell no, you didn't spit on that old man. I and I think the rest of the team were as mad as we could be, maddest group of teenagers that ever walked on a football field. Yeah we weren't much of a football team but we could hurt your asses.

We fought asses off that night and lost 10-0, I broke one kids arm and anothers ribs for diving at my ankles. I wasn't a great player but I could not be blocked strait up and did not tolerate that ankle diving crap.

Our superintendent came in the locker room after the game and it was only the 2nd time I ever saw tears in that old mans eyes. He said "Boys.,,,,,,, thats as hard as I ever saw one of our teams play" then he left cause he was starting to tear up, the other time was when a child of a close family friend died in a motorcycle accident when the kid was like 15.

All the laughing and and making fun us was done when we left that field, no one said a damn word when we left and a couple of their girls were on our bus though they of course got off before we were gone, in more ways than one

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FIRST GAME TODAY!!!!!!!!

I don't know whats gonna happen, Cincy was good last year but their line could not handle Bama's, they've improved the O line so we'll see. I get the feeling the Hogs are gonna pull away at the end. People just don't understand how much of a difference have big strong offensive and defensive line is. SEC linemen.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Up 14-0 at half but if it weren't for mistakes, missed assignments and penalties it would be twice that many for the Hogs. Now, Cincinnati QB getting picked off has messed with his mind. He's had two dudes wide open deep and over thrown both, he isn't getting any pass where it might have a chance to get picked off close, over throws and under throws on those and others.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some were saying, before the game, the defensive backs were the strength of this team but it turned out the D line did more to hold them down. The D backs seemed to play better after 3 of them got hurt, they kept letting guys get behind them till then.

If their quarterback was worth a crap we'd have lost. But the Hogs won, running the 4 minute drill at the end playing keep away so Cincy didn't get the ball back with a chance to tie it up. I think the offense will get better, it better, cause you cannot count on the other kicker to miss 2 field goals and the coach not having enough confidence to let him kick another till he got real close.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG Texas has the lead on Bama, I never root for Texas but this would be funny.

Hogs are playing keep away with South Carolina but so far their defense is not wearing out like I thought it would. Should win but they aint got no quit in them.

KJ is running the ball too much IMO but some of that is him deciding to keep it.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AHHH DAMN Poo Paul had his knee on the ground when he picked up the fumble or we woulda hung half a hunerd on them but we won so whatever, screw it I'm counting it in my personal stats as a touchdown for Poo Paul LOL

McGlothern got an interception, Edit, he did not cause the fumble that put the Hogs up 14

They ran all over them, threw when they wanted to. Thats the thing, they don't try to score as much as they could score. Keep the ball, run the clock, watch them burn time outs. I'm not talking about running up the score I'm just talking about they play it safe unless they have to.

Now, I think you should practice hurrying to score sometimes like its the most important thing in the world to do it right then but they didn't hire me. Why? I don't know, who wouldn't hire an old broke down plant worker who never coached when he's available?????????????? I aint doin nothing right now, my play calls while drinking might be well outside the box but whatever.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 09-10-2022 at 08:23 PM.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two great other things happened today in college football. Okay Texas lost to Alabama but it was a game where no one was happy at the end, not Bama, you can bet Nick is mad as hell and Texas lost and thats always wonderful.

Then Appalachian State beats Texas A&M. HELL YESSSS. Bot the hated Texas schools lose on the same day and Bama wins but is not happy. Jimbo kinda looked beside himself at the end. The refs helped him out actually, calling roughing the passer on a play where the App st. guy barely touched him, giving them a first down. They have no kicker though, he kicked the sorriest looking kick I ever saw to try to tie the game.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching some game a little bit ago, ref calls penalty, crowd/sideline mics are better than ever. Some dude is screaming "THATS NOT A FACEMASK" over and over, player maybe most likely a coach, ref calls facemask, replay comes up, its not just a little facemask, the guy has his entire hand grasping basically the whole facemask. I'm going, what an idiot, you don't gripe over obvious calls, now they won't listen to a word you say the entire game.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bobby Petrino taught the Hogs and their defensive coordinator many expensive lesson last night. He beat them as much as he could with inferior players, skill wise, not saying those kids didn't play their butts off cause they did. Expensive cause of course Missouri state got paid to come here and also expensive cause of the how hard the lessons that were taught were to learn.

Bobby use to be the head coach here and their were people wearing neck braces in the crowd cause thats the last we saw of Bobby. He IMO got his butt kicked by the swim coach cause Bobby was screwing his fiance and then theirs the official story where Bobby had a motorcycle wreck.

Anyway the offensive coordinator should have also learned some lessons. That SOB treated KJ Jefferson like he was one of our old quarterbacks who couldn't throw. So on two series in a row they ran the ball twice WITH THE BOX PACKED FULL OF PLAYERS and then threw on 3rd down. KJ threw for 385 and he could have thrown for 500 yards or more but the O guy did not have the confidence in him. Then we have the play where Pittman decided to go for it on 4th down and 9, and our Offensive coordinator had the team run the ball ON 4TH AND 9!!!!!.

Sam Pittman (the head coach) doesn't get too involved with the play calling but maybe he needs to get more involved. He did so a couple of times last year. Kendall Briles is great but he's an idiot at times. 4TH AND NINE IS NOT THE TIME TO TRY TO SURPRISE THEM WITH A RUN.

Sam changed the culture of the team, and he usually leaves the play calling to his coordinators since he was an offensive line coach before. Well a new culture needs to be introduced to the the offensive coordinator for damn sure., As for the defense, well he is I am sure going to learn from what Bobby did to him last night.

Bobby is an A hole and has always been one but that guy knows how to design and call plays

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first ever Monday Night Football Game. Don Meredith, Keith Jackson and Howard Cosell. Hey, you'll get to see cigarette commercials, mostly Marlboro and some of what I assume are cheap wine ads. OH AND JOE NAMATH. Its the Jets and the Browns. Picture stinks cause its a tape from 1970 but it looks like tv did to me. I got it embedded below but sometimes if its NFL property you have to go to you tube to watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zPj6lFuzL4

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The southwest classic otherwise known as the A&M game. I have high hopes the team will play better than last week. The D gets back one of its key defensive backs, Slusher, so he can line them up correctly. Last week Bumper Pool was trying to do it from the linebacker position and he has enough to do with lining up the front 6 or 7 so he was at times out of position.

Jalen Catalon is out for the year, he was a top line safety who'd have been drafted last year if he hadn't gotten hurt and now he's hurt his shoulder again and his out for the year.

The offense will be fine, they can run and throw on anyone IMO but they have a hard time stopping the other team. It helps a lot that they rush the QB as well as they do, plenty of sacks.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New jerseys always make me nervous, never saw the Hogs in all white including helmets. I remember some bad damn games in new jerseys but things seem okay. I know I've never seen the all white helmet with all white jerseys.

Achain is really really fast and he got them down there to score so only up 14-7

RB Johnson got in the game, he was out with an ACL tear late last year, its been said it was mostly in his head that he hadn't played until now. Someone said when you young and have that surgery you have a hard time trusting the knee.

Now we fumble on the goal line, they lateral and score, I'll be damned. Son of betch.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 09-25-2022 at 12:23 AM.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya know I always hear fans shouldn't call plays from sports commentators. Screw those people. The Hogs dd not totally lose cause of bad play calling but it played a bigger hand than usual.

Our backup quarterback is one of the fastest men in college football. NO DAMN DOUBT. So they put him in the game now and then, thing is they run plays just for him. EVERYONE KNOWS A PLAY IS COMING JUST FOR HIM. They would be better served to just put him in and run a play or plays and if he's open then throw it to him or hand it to him or whatever. Tonight they spent an entire possession on him and then punted. We lost by 2, not blaming him, he did not choose those plays.

Anyway, Hogs lost and it was likely was a good thing overall, they got that crap out of their head and maybe taught some coaches some lessons. OUR HEAD COACH, needs to learn he is the head coach and not just the O line coach which he has spent more than half his life being. Maybe tell the offensive coordinator I want to do this or that, ITS YOUR DAMN JOB ON THE LINE BY THE WAY.

He did that a couple of times last season and he may have to interject himself this year again to a greater extent than he has.