06-03-2020
    Country
    This is Pounder's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Gang

It's been a while. Just stopping by to say hello. I can't believe this place is a ghost town. Curious if any vets are still around? Hope everyone is safe and well. Aloha!

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    07-08-2020
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Hey Gang

Hello. It looks like you were active here long before my time. Wow, 17 years since you joined. I feel like we just opened a time capsule. So you played FH1 or BF1942? I only started at WaW when they adopted FH2. Ha. FH2 just had an update... a labor of love, but I expect a few hundred in the world still play it. A mod has put ships back in, and Pacific theatre (many map conversions from FH1).
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    06-18-2020
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Wir3tap's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heya Pounder!!!!!!!!!!!! We all lurk around

Last Online
    06-03-2020
    Country
    This is Pounder's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! Nice to meet you Melvin. I started playing on BF-1942 back in the 2nd campaign. Sergeant in Fox Co. Allied 5th. Omaha beach and Wake Island were memorable battles. Captain of Lancer Company British 12th. Made some great friends with that unit. General Soviet 16th. Great battles against the Axis forces. We opened my "sister" Olga's Tavern back then where the boys would hang out and talk story lol. WaW was hands down the most fun I ever had with a big group online. I have a lot of great memories and made some great friends back then. Then life took a turn, I got married, had kids and started a career and then a business. Now my kids are grown up, my business is meh with all the crap going on, and I have more "time" on my hands so I was inspired to build another gaming rig and get back online. This was a great community and I was hoping to see more people around. Sad to see this place seems to have been forgotten. Wir3tap is one of the old school guys we recently started chatting again. Good to see people are still lurking around.

So what's going on around here? Is MFOTS still running this joint? Is this community just hanging by a thread? What's going on?

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    07-08-2020
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I joined WaW a dozen years ago and everyone was very friendly and helpful to get me started, (as with any new member). The organization and teamwork was why I stayed. I had Pubbied before that, but WaW was what made the game for me. As a gear-head, I really liked that there were smart dudes that made maps and that coded for map features as well as coding tools to support map development and training sessions. And, I couldn't get enough of battle days. We had 12 hour battle days and I lasted the whole day. WaW had the best dedicated members. Great leaders for the game at all levels; squad to division. I missed knowing MFOTS; I joined after he was long gone.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA