Yesterday
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

College Football

I am right now watching the ARK v Tenn game from 1998 and I know what is going to happen. Stoener is going to fumble and we are going to lose. Basically its number 1 v number 2 and we had that mother****er. My brother always blames Sterner and calls him stoner but I know, we were never meant to win that SOB even with more and better skill players. WE WERE NEVER GOING TO WIN IT. I don't know why but it could never happen.

Ok I blame Broyles, he got rid of Holtz when he became too popular, he was too hard on Ken Hatfield and he probably screwed up Houston Nutt. He was the be all and end all at this school and he didn't want anybody to get better than him since he won it all in 64.

This new coach don't have that problem, everybody is gone now, we will win it all, as long as he don't leave, in the next 5 years.

So this is my first post in the new college football thread and it is full of basically a damn conspiracy from the long ago past.

THATS COLLEGE FOOTBALL BABY
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: College Football

If you want to watch an SEC team (The Hogs) lose to Portland State, put it on the SEC network right now.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok they held on, Rakim Boyd, great, when isn't he great, the 3 freshmen receivers, good, the defense ok. The rest of it a mess. They put the 2 and 3's in on D, they allowed a bunch of yards, committed numerous penalties, then they had to put the 1's back in after they had sit awhile and they allowed a score.

At least we aint Tennessee, they lost to Georgia St. Memphis beat Ole Miss, my brother will be so happy. I was supposed to be down there but my hands hurt too much to drive that far. We might have gone to the game if the tickets came through but that guy was drunk so it probably would not have worked out.

Oregon, Aryton, is back, maybe they don't win this game but they are back.

Hogs wore out Boyd last year, coach took him out awhile today, put him back to use a little clock but still under 25 touches. The receivers, need to get the ball more, they are very very skilled but young. QB, ok, they started Hicks, everyone was wanting Starkle, THE ARM THE ARM, he goes in and throws a pic, coach does not put him back in despite Hicks not being real good. Starkle goes in throws another pic, we lose.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Louisville, has a defense, If Bobby had allowed his coaches to recruit defenders or allowed his D coaches to have more time to coach instead of being all offense all the time, he might still have a job.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notre Dame, going by this, even if they win aint making the final 4 like everyone was saying. Hell I'm drunk, I'm gonna play some ARMA or get into a fight with some of the poisoness people on funnyjunk. I wish I was in 1984 just a for 6 hours. I'm too tired to do longer than that.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I swear, the people on the radio have no clue whats going on and neither do I. Was that vanilla? Is that why we stunk on offense? Was it a combo of that and the Portland St. coaches knowing how to confuse the Arkansas QB especially if were going to stay in vanilla offense and he couldn't make certain calls to make them show the real defense?

Did anyone see Jalen Hurtz play, DAAAAMMMNN. When you add a QB who can run to basically the same offense the Hogs run it makes a huge difference.
    Basically it makes it the triple option only with a pass option instead of the fullback dive. No schools history is more about the triple option than Oklahomas. Its like when the RPO came out it was made for them.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs man, this sucks. Maybe change QB's at half. If we have one of the freshmen who can run play him. I swear, Ben Hicks ran the ball once and I said ****, on one of my good days I can run faster than that, it was awful. Plus he's missing too many receivers, then one fell down when he could have scored.

I was rooting like hell for ARMY, they almost beat Michigan.

Damn is LSU good. On gameday, Corso put on the Tiger hat and pissed off the Longhorn fans and Mathew McGonehay who took it off Corso's head and threw it into the crowd. Looks like Coach Corso is going to get this pick right.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bobby Petrino seems to spend much time in the state. My theory is, he is waiting and those who keep inviting him back are keeping him close in case the current coach fails. 5 or 6 wins this year and Chad Morris stays, 4 its iffy, 2 or 3, he's gone.

Bobby is an Ahole and I do not think players like playing for him anymore since is rep is now far and wide.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pitt, they're doing some different stuff to keep up with Penn St. Little running back lines up at left tackle, for a second Penn St was kinda bothered by it then they noticed the left tackle had just moved to the right side. The back though was uncovered, went out for a pass and caught it for a 1rst down.

Just running enough to keep State honest but now and then it works, their QB is good and getting used to the intensity of playing state in Happy Valley.

10-10 at half.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs may not stop anyone but bygod Starkle can go down the field and score.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn coach is holding Starkle back. He got cautious, with a 7 point lead and didn't let him go and now we've give it back to them tied.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chad Morris, he cannot hold Starkle back and play cautious. He has Starkle, a trio of running backs and the best group of freshman wideouts this school has ever had, plus the tight ends. He has little defense, HE HAS TO F ING SCORE ALL THE DAMN TIME. They won but it he almost blew it. Bobby is waiting and those who want Bobby are waiting for him to fail.

The defense stopped Colorado state at the end cause they hit the starting QB and knocked him out, got called for a late hit on that but the guy who hit him was blocked and stumbled into him, it wasn't on purpose. **** happens.

You cannot count on knocking the starter out to win. The defense, man, they got tired of getting beat up the middle last year so we are toooo much in the middle and now no one is on the edge and now we are getting beat there. They caused some turnovers, good but they got to get better.

BOBBY IS WAITING CHAD AND THOSE WHO WANT HIM ARE WAITING, FOR YOU TO FAIL.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
    Pitt, they're doing some different stuff to keep up with Penn St. Little running back lines up at left tackle, for a second Penn St was kinda bothered by it then they noticed the left tackle had just moved to the right side. The back though was uncovered, went out for a pass and caught it for a 1rst down.

Just running enough to keep State honest but now and then it works, their QB is good and getting used to the intensity of playing state in Happy Valley.

10-10 at half.
    Pitt should have won, I hated to see Tony Dorsett watch them fail, one of the greatest running backs in college or the NFL ever. Tony will be alright though. I hope those players don't give up, they can get to a good bowl game this year.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not college ball but I wonder if Ben Roethlisberger's injury to his elbow is the same as Terry Bradshaw's back in the early 80's. Be weird if the same elbow injury took out 2 HOF QB's who played for the same team. Knee injuries sure, those happen all of the time but elbows going out don't usually happen to anyone in football not even to QB's even though they do use them more than any other player on the field.

Big Ben might not be gone for good, Bradshaw's injury happened way back then and it was "fixed" back then but it didn't last. Maybe now it cn be fixed to last. His last pass was a TD pass though and he felt the pop that ended his career as he threw it, I saw it on tv and saw him run off holding his elbow. Bradshaw and Ben do not get along with each other, something about Bradshaw not liking how Ben has treated women in the past and Ben not liking that Bradshaw said anything about it.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonight showed what over confidence can do to a team. Hogs lost to an inferior team 31-24. Last week they had club dub after beating Colorado St. Tonight they had club stub after stubbing their toe on San Jose St. Starkle over threw the ball a bunch and had 5 picks. You do that against a good opponent and you lose 69-14 They got lucky they had a chance to win even if they didn't. I wanted to say that all week on the radio but I didn't cause I woulda got killed for saying it and I will get killed tonight for saying it on the radio. I shoulda did it during the week.

Notre Dame is better than I thought, they only lost by a touchdown to Georgia. Army, if they can win out will end up in the top 10. So will California. Oregon won again but they have so many games to play against good teams Aryton I don't think they will end up in the top 10. Herm Edwards will end up in the top 10 at Arizona St. maybe just cause I love him. When he told those damn rookies "one gold chain, you don't need the Mr. T starter set, one house, you do not need 3 houses, 2 cars, you do not need a fleet of vehicles". He is teaching his team right. They may lose tonight though and I will be hurt if that happens. He's a good man.

Fixing the Hogs. The D needs to change somehow, Starkle is not the be all end all. He's great but the other team can figure the calls out. He got all up and then found out, I cannot throw the ball like no one else can catch it tonight. You have to have the Defense. San Jose, figured it out. Our coach doesn't do that. He's learning and we need to keep him but he will get fired if we win less than 5 games. Bobby is waiting in the wings. It will be a mistake to hire him.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave up on calling in tonight, too many calls, they basically are all wanting Bobby back. Mistake.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason A&M is the team we can play run defense against and can cover the receivers to a certain extent. Lose Starkle to injury, suddenly Hicks remembers how to throw the damn ball and we lead.

ITS A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD!!

Trying to get the new computer together, they hid the wires to hook up more hard drives and fans. I have found them.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If if if, the best field goal kicker we've had in a decade hadn't missed one early in the game, he would have had a kick to win it at the end but even though we won every damn stat except punting, we lost by 4. If bet the Hogs and took the points though you'd have raked in the cash.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If if if... Woulda' coulda' shoulda'

Go Aggies!

Sorry, I live in Texas now so I must treat this as a partisan issue. Afterall, this IS football.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]CA|Melvin View Post
    If if if... Woulda' coulda' shoulda'

Go Aggies!

Sorry, I live in Texas now so I must treat this as a partisan issue. Afterall, this IS football.
    Aszhole

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Indeed.

Just yesterday, I drove by my Dad's school Waco, home of the Baylor Bears while traveling to personal business in Austin. Ha, Texas Longhorns is the school of another of my relatives. Woah, Austin; most number of man-buns I've seen in one place.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeeeminies, this year is shaping up to be awesome (not for the Hogs).

Did any of you see the hit the Steelers QB Rudolph took? His lineman, I think, thought he was dead, anyway the way they acted made Ju Ju Smith Schuster start crying on the field, maybe he thought he was dead because of the way the linemen acted. The backup came in, 3rd sting undrafted, played ok but they still lost in OT. Rudolph was walked off the field, being held up, because the cart quit part way out and had to be pushed off the field. His eyes man, they looked like those of a man who had no idea where he was or why he was there.

Michigan's coach, Harbaugh was coaching for his job and managed to be beat Iowa, he's still has Michigan St, Ohio St and Wisconsin, I think he's a dead man walking. Army should have beat them.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mahomes, the little SOB is amazing.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs up 10 zip, Kentucky has a wide receiver at QB, he is amazingly fast and smart but Hogs are just playing inside out defense on him, one guy on each side is responsible for him instead of a spy. The middle is being clogged up so he can't go there. Rakim Boyd has already run for 100 yards in one quarter, got 74 on one play. Offense is not moving as well in the passing game cause Starkle has been told to be careful with the ball, he may be being too careful. He has to be, he's been a bit too loose with it lately, cost them a game. He has thrown at least 3 picks because he was not looking where he threw it, thats my opinion anyway though no one else, on the radio anyway, has said that.

They've changed up the offense, now they have Bowdin run or pitch it to the outside like the old option only its not triple cause he's not much of a thrower. That up the middle stuff wasn't going to work unless they had another outside threat besides Bowdin

It is Jared Lorenzen day at Kentucky, THE HEFTY LEFTY, he was pretty damn good and it is damn sad he died before he even got to 40.

ITS IS UNBELIEVABLE THAT SOUTH CAROLINA BEAT GEORGIA.

They sucked kinda in what I've seen of them but today the defense got it done.

I missed the Red River Shootout, been years since I haven't seen at least part of it, the pre game is usually great because of all the deep fried food they show at the state fair. I want to go to that one year, just to eat LOL. Maybe next year, Buzz, Texas can get them but I do not root for either of them.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starkle can't hit the broad side of a barn tonight, the interceptions have gone to his head and his footwork sucks. So its Ben Hicks into the game.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jebus we lost and should not have, oh well I got over it, UNTIL MONDAY. Thing is, Starkle was supposed to be the dude, he's got the arm but apparently not the brain. Had to bring in the guy he replaced (Hicks) who has the brain but not the arm and still lost.

Wisconsin............ that is the team to beat right now in the national championship chase. Bama, they are always the team to beat but the Badgers are one of the teams that can surprise,,,,,,, MAYBE. Georgia, hummmmmmmmmmmmm, how the **** do you lose to South Carolina if you so good?

Too drunk to do my final 4.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arkansas knows that BOBBYYYYYYY'S ON HIS WAY AND HE'S BRINGING HIS CRAPPY OLD ATTITUDE ON HIS SLEIGH.

Its like Bob Dole said when he switched to Trump from Ted Cruz, "people don't like Ted". When you're a 100 years old the truth just flies out of your mouth before you can stop it and say something political. Players don't like Bobby Petrino. He's an aszhole all day long every damn day.

The coach should play the quarterback he freaking recruited, K J Jefferson. He will likely never get to see him play next year cause coach won't be here unless he wins at least 2 more games and that may not do it and less than that will not do it. People think he's going to play Jerry Jones grandson instead, it is said he can run a bit, we need a qb who can run but I doubt he has the arm.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kansas at Texas is shaping up for the Mad Hatter to go to 2 if they can get a score.

God no I'm not talking about the Razorback game.

Illinois, beats Wisconsin, they, Illinois, always seem like they are on the verge of being good but they usually don't beat anybody, guess today was different.

Miami coaches seat got hot as hell.

My favorite old old coaches lost today, Herman Edwards team had no offense and Mach Brown's field goal kicker lost them the game.

My brother will be happy both Navy and Memphis St. won.

They scored and Miles is being lobbied by his coaches and players to go for two. I can't believe he has to be lobbied, usually this is a thing he always goes for, he went for it and they made it. 1:09 left for Texas to comeback and kick a field goal for the win.

Texas (as much as I hate the idea of the Texas Longhorns) played it real smart and the kicker made it and they won. Les Miles is getting Kansas better though.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 10-20-2019 at 04:04 AM.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pick 6 Starkle just threw should be his last pass in college football this year. I would play an offensive linemen at QB before I would play him this year, something is going on in his head and it is not good.

They are going to want to switch coaches this year, it would be a mistake IMO. Every former big time team you see lately switching coaches every 2 or 3 years is still stuck in something around mediocrity. Tennessee, stuck below, USC stuck below, UCLA stuck below, Texas, ok they are better the mediocre but not what they were, Miami, meh, Texas A&M, better than mediocre but no matter how much money they throw at a coach and all those high star recruits, thats as far as they go is a bit better then mediocre.

Michigan v the Irish, Michigan is up and since I don't like either team I am hoping they put a beat down on Notre Dame and take them out of the playoff picture.

Ayrton, everything since the loss to Auburn is working out ok for Oregon, the right teams are losing, well maybe having Auburn win today would have been better but its 6 one and half dozen the other IMO cause Ohio St. is going to win out most likely. Then its going to be LSU or Alabama in the SEC championship game v Georgia or Florida and since Georgia already has a loss even if they win out but then lose the SEC Champ game they won't go. A Florida loss to Georgia knocks them out. Oklahoma, knocked out most likely with a loss to K St. today.

That leaves Penn St. and Ohio St. who I think will beat Penn St. and finish them off.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Steven Jones at QB, Jerry's grandson, just drove the Hogs down for a score and threw his first touchdown pass. He has no redshirt to save and he has something the first two QB's do not. He can ride the back, with a threat to either hand it off, follow the back, throw it or go out the back door on a run the other way. The first two cannot run and it takes two options away from this offense which if you are in the SEC better have 3 or 4 options. It is what has made Oklahoma's offense so good, yeah I know they lost today but that was a lack of defense.