Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: College Football

Bama again proved to much like a professional team against Ohio St. Watched a little of it, watched the sky cam behind the offense. I used to play O line and D line in HS so I am interested in them. When Bama does a running play, it looks just like it was drawn on the chalkboard, thats where they all go and they block the defense just like it was drawn up almost every time. Yeah I know they likely don't used chalkboards anymore. No one can blast through them to make a play behind the line and the blocks usually always work just like drawn up.

Quite boring actually if you aren't a fan of Alabama. Most of the rest of them are playing to win 8 to 10 and get a good bowl. Thats fine and the games are better so I can skip watching Bama and usually Clemson, the very top teams unless it might be close. They won't do it but the SEC should move all non CBS games Bama plays to the 11 am kickoff.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Brady, I just did not think he would make so much difference that Tampa could get to the Super Bowl. Still the Chiefs are gonna win.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was wrong bout dat now wasn't I.

Anyway: Our athletic director gets kicked in the nose cause he was too close to football practice the other day, got stitches. I hope its not a sign of things to come.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs are going 7 and 5 this year, as long as KJ relaxes and they let him do his thing most of the time.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs should beat Rice but who the hell knows. I'm good an drunk right now so I only have faith in God LOL

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs down 10-7 to Rice at halftime. I never heard so much bad play and penalties.

Coach is gonna walk into locker room and and scream WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs won 38-17 after going down 7-17. They made all their stupid mistakes in the first half.

We had the return of the old Southwest Conference referees in the first 3 quarters. Until Rice got down they got call after call, after that suddenly the penalties went away. In the old conference the Hogs and Rice used to be in, the teams all were from Texas except us, we didn't get many calls go our way. Their was one ref who Broyles would not allow to call another Razorback game and he never did after I think the 69 shootout.

KJ threw the ball too hard at the start, all hyped up for his first home start, he and the offense got their shet in one bag in the 2nd half and he went 12 for 17 on his last 17 passes after going 0 for 4 with an interception. If it hadn't been for the defense Rice would have been up at least 30 to 7 before they got it together.

Time to drink and cook some steak and listen to the post game show.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ITS TEXAS WEEK!!!
    It means nothing to Texas and everything here in Arkansas. The younger ones do have to be taught what it means and that if we lose, its the end of the damn world and if we win well we've won some sort of championship. Even the sports show in the afternoon that usually talks little about sports is all about Texas week. Hogs are gonna win

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs up 16-0 at half, defense is kickin butt, TEXAS SUCKS

Aryton must be very happy, Oregon beat Ohio St. and even though he didn't have the yards the other guy did I kept saying DAMN Oregon's QB is great. Nothing seemed to bother him and they won.

Hogs need to start getting touchdowns, this game would be over if a couple of those field goals were touchdowns but the offense is a work in progress. They do not fumble or throw picks though and that keeps your defense fresh. Texas didn't know we had a D line like this, playing just 3 d lineman and they are occupying all the linemen and the linebackers are getting into the backfield.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40-21 HOGS

Our 5th string running back was in at the end, 2nd string QB, got down to the 7, coulda scored but coach thought it was sweeter to do the kneel down on the Texas 7. 5th freaking string RB, we got 5 of them. 333 yards rushing.

Defense was awesome, their 2nd QB was good and scored but Hogs did not prepare for him and he's a running QB. He will be the starter for Texas in their next game IMO.

KJ needs to improve some, so that the coach trusts him a bit more to do what I know he can. He did throw a pick but I don't think anyone knew that guy could jump that high.

Texas is gonna have to get bigger linemen to play in the SEC when they get here. Hogs finally have them, likely not as good as Alabama or Georgia but maybe they can play with them.

Thats was the thing with the last coach, he was recruiting smaller linemen cause they were quicker, especially the O line. Our 335 pound noseguard sacked the QB tonight, fast as he can be at that size, kinda like the giants Alabama recruits. YOU GOT TO HAVE BIG GUYS IN THE SEC.

The fans went on the field and I was against it before the game but afterwards I was for it, they played a part in the win, a big part. Security could not stop them but they formed a line that allowed Texas to go to their fans and then get off the field.

Seeing that score show up on the bottom line on espn was damn sure sweet. Hogs aint in the top 25 so usually our score is later but Texas was in the top 25,,,,,,,,,, WAS
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 09-12-2021 at 02:59 AM.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually the Mexican folks (and we have many many Mexican folks) in the state do not call in on the postgame show but tonight, one called in from a party (you could hear the party in the background) and and said "our kicker was nuclear tonight" and he was, usually our kickers stink but tonight he went 4 for 4 and hit all the extra points. Kicker is not Mexican by the way but the Arkie Mexican folks just adore great kicking.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    11-27-2021
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Congrats to the Hogs. After the score got to 33-7, I changed the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
    ...Texas is gonna have to get bigger linemen to play in the SEC when they get here. ...
    Well, I've been down to Austin lately and I saw more man-buns in one place than I had seen in California. Good luck with the lineman search.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
    ... Kicker is not Mexican by the way but the Arkie Mexican folks just adore great kicking.
    That's because the kickers come from soccer leagues.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I celebrated too much, got to cut down LOL or I won't make it through the season

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ, was pitching the ball on his long passes today, first half, most of them over throws, it was like he was using 5 iron when he coulda used an 8 iron. He actually should have just thrown the ball. Till the 2nd half. He got his *** chewed at halftime and even though he didn't throw that many passes HE THREW THEW ****ING BALL. The dude has an arm and and half but he got picked off once against Texas and started these PITCHES and over threw them all to make sure he got them over the linebackers. He has a gun on his shoulder, not as accurate as we'd all like but its pretty damn good and it will get better.

I'd rather have KJ than most QB's in college football, cause well, if KJ decides the pass won't work he can still take off and make you pay.

I'm such a KJ kiss ***, I hate myself, but I love the big SOB and I can't help myself.

Coach was mad at halftime, some asses got chewed and KJ THREW the ball and didn't pitch it like he was trying to hit the green from 60 yards with a club meant to go 90 yards in the 2ne half
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 09-19-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aint seen A&M play this year but I'm guessing this should be a good match up with them. KJ has to keep throwing like he did after the butt chewing, then he should be okay.

If the linemen keep playing the way they have, should be damn good and close or a big win. Think we lost one offensive linemen. On defense its just the way I was taught, keep the their linemen off of our linebackers. You will still get your tackles now and then but the linebackers have to run free like they've been doing

The thing bothering me is, they've been letting WR get behind them, quite a bit. It helped we played 3 teams that the QB couldn't throw long passes worth a crap but thats usually not a problem A&M has.

I think I've now counted 7 RB's on Arkansas that have played this year, it may be 8. I haven't seen one that sucked yet. I'd like to go back to be being Running Back U LOL

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Up 17-0 in 2nd, A&M seems to have nothing for them. Aint over yet cause something crazy always happens in this game with them.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the crap has started, they hit KJ out of bounds, no call, he's hurt but won't come out, can't run good. Then kick catch interference give them a break.

He kept trying to play but he can't even do a roll out right so they pulled him and Malik Hornsby is in. They aint ever faced anyone as fast as he is. Not much of a thrower but they can run that option they do now till it hurts.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 09-25-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They hold them to 10 points, even with KJ hurt he still came back with the punt landing inside the 20 cause Mailk still has his problems with deciding to keep it or handing it off and sometimes the ball ends up on the ground. So he came in and got a couple of first downs, one on a throw. Hogs punted and A&M got it back but couldn't do anything, then the Hogs ran out the clock.

4-0 BABY AINT BEEN 4-0 SINCE 2003 AND TWO OF THE TEAMS WERE RANKED.

Gotta go play Georgia. We got offensive and defensive linemen now, should be close, hopefully anyway. Right now Sam is coach of the year, if not then I don't know who is. A real team win when you gotta have the backup QB come when he aint ready and still get a field goal with him in.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

beat georgia dammit, MAN I hate how this thing un-capitalizes my writing

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to play a fully functional quarterback this week, last 4 have had many problems, this one not so much.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 hours before we find out if the Hogs are as good as we think and hope they are.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And it turns out they are not as good as we hoped. Brushed my teeth at halftime to get the taste of that half out of my mouth. Oh well, still got a chance at a good season.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the radio they want to give a name to the Ole Miss game. I just want to win it.

Coach is, everyone thinks, moving the backup tackles to guard, they are huge, I haven't noticed if they can move good or not but opponents shouldn't be able to get much push up the middle.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't change guards, didn't matter, we ran the ball all we wanted to, passed the ball all we wanted, more yards in both than Ole Miss but still lost.

I enjoyed it until the end, the end sucked. I don't blame coach for going for 2 and the win. I thought they would run an option play, its only 2 and a half yards, KJ had already jumped 5 yards for a TD earlier but they chose to go with a rollout pass, everyone and his brother just follows KJ as he runs, no one open.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing in state FCS team, UAPB, the UA school in Pine Bluff. Now I cannot be sure of this but I think coach Pittman told the refs not to call penalties on Pine Bluff cause I saw a face mask, our play by play guys have seen numerous other fouls by UAPB but they aren't being called. Its still 24 nothing even with the Hogs kinda being called for everything they do. Not counting illegal formations, false starts and stuff like that, thats before the play.

They are keeping the starters in too long IMO but they do have a bye week next week.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOOOOO PIG SOOOIEE RAZORBACKS

The teams with the last 2 coaches would not have drove the ball down the field needing a touchdown to win and gotten it. Today, with the coaches we got they can do it. KJ didn't throw or run for that many yards (19/23 for 191 yards) but, no mistakes, hit the guys short if they can't get open long. He's actually better at throwing the long pass but he hit the short ones today better than ever. Meaning: He didn't gun it into a guy who is not that far from him or throw it over his head. Only missing on 4 passes, 2 of them on purpose misses so excellent.

Dominique Johnson, 107 yards on 17 carries, coach wanted him to get more carries. Coach is a former O line coach and he can see Johnson follows blocks better than the others, he's bigger and faster than the others, we got like 5 damn good running backs, IMO they should all get at least a couple a years in the NFL.

Miss St. brought in the backup kicker to try to tie it at the end, actually they go back and forth with the hot leg and he misses. Our kicker, Cam Little went and comforted him after the game when he line drives the kick to the left. Hog fans know how it feels when you can't count on the kicker.

BOWL ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 16

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs beat LSU, its fun watching the players run for that Boot trophy as soon as the clock runs out, people say those regular season trophy's don't mean anything but to the players they do.

LSU fans kept leaving, kinda strange to me, the game was close, but in the 2nd half Rick Shaffer said the stands were only 35% full at the end and he game was tied.

The team seems to get more calm, cool and collected as the season goes on, they haven't been that in years. Now going to Bama, gonna be loud, may not stay calm, I hope they do.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially late in the year in the SEC, you do not get a damn call in a game against one of the teams that is in the top 4. Bama is getting extra yards on spots, the refs are not giving us touchdowns that are obvious. 17-14 Bama right now.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fellers in Birmingham helped out the Tide again, TOUCHDOWN BAMA. He did not have control in the end zone and went out of bounds but whatever gotta keep bama in the top 4. Down 14 again.