12-07-2019
    Country
    This is Ayrton's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: College Football

Thing about Oregon is that they are still learning. Currently the Ducks are inconsistent. They have a good - perhaps great - offensive line, a very good, consistent quarterback and a defense that can stifle an opponent - if that defense shows up.

If they put both sides of a game together, they are hard to deal with.

A big thing for them is that they are basically healthy. They lost one great receiver for the season, but two very good ones (one of them - Mycah Pittman - potentially great) are healed and are on their way back to being full strength. Everyone else is pretty much in good health.

Oregon has to beat USC at USC this weekend and close out the regular season vs weaker teams. Then they'll likely play Utah for the Pac 12 championship.

I figure if they win all those games - and look good or at least clutch doing it - they have a shot at being selected for the Playoffs. Whether they get in or not depends on whether the big time teams win or not. Not all of them can win all their remaining games.

It starts with LSU vs Alabama after their byes, then Ohio State vs Penn State, Ohio State at Michigan, Alabama at Auburn, the conference championships and what Clemson does, though it's not likely Clemson will lose, given their weak schedule.

I think the press will pull for the Ducks if the Ducks do well and the choice is between them and putting a second SEC team with a loss in the final four.

Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It gets complicated with this many teams with 0 or 1 loss. LSU is going to be the rock in the gears for Bama IMO. If LSU wins out and beats either Georgia or Florida in the championship game I don't think any other SEC teams gets in IF enough other teams end up undefeated. I don't see Auburn beating Bama, the offense is to up and down. Oh if the Tua's leg doesn't heal up right then their defense can win the game. I just see LSU taking them all out, they can score and the defense is always good even if its not close to some of their other past defenses this year. Bama's D is not as good as usual.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

World at War
    German Company Officer
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    12-07-2019
    Country
    This is Ayrton's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auburn didn't exactly get whipped at LSU and Alabama has to go to Auburn this year.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
    Auburn didn't exactly get whipped at LSU and Alabama has to go to Auburn this year.

No, its the offense of Auburn that causes its problems, when its rolling its great but its not often. Its D keeps it in the games. They will be in both games but I just think their offense will let them down.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we found out who the quarterback should have been, K.J. JEFFERSON should have been the QB. I said many bad things about Houston Nutt but he recognized talent and played him no matter what his age was. The conspiracy theory on the post game call in show is that Morris didn't want to play Jefferson because his son is coming here next year and if Jefferson was established, well his son wouldn't get on the field or his son was coming anyway. He won't come here if his dad gets fired. I don't know if I agree with the theory but I do know Morris, unless he wins the next 3 won't be here next year. The fans and donors will not put up with it, billionaires and seat license holders pay the coach, not the state, 3 wins would mean they beat LSU also, without 3 wins he is gone. Ok maybe if Jefferson lights up the other 2 teams and we win bot, MAYBE HE STAYS.

Tennessee putS butts in the seats with a crappy team, its a team that seems to have a chance in games though is why I guess. They had 100 grand in the seats the last time I watched them play and they suck, not as bad as the Hogs do now but they suck. Razorback Stadium looked like a game I saw at Brown University on tv a couple of weeks ago, not many in the stands at that Brown v Yale or whoever game. It was a 2 camera only game.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot about the buyout, they are already in a dispute with the former coach about his and are not paying him because he is working in football and they don't know if the Patriots are paying him or how much. Their has been talk that the Hogs might not allow Patriot scouts on campus if they don't start talking. Morris's buyout is more than 9 million, the rich folks may decide to give him another year. That would change if Hicks is trotted out as the starter next week and not Jefferson.

Edit, ok he decided while I was asleep that it will be Jones and Jefferson as the QB's now. Fair enough, Jones also moves the ball and scores, he's still not Jefferson.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs get an *** kicking from Western Kentucky. Our old QB is at the helm, he plays well, kicks Hogs ***.

KJ Jefferson gets hurt, they take him out, he goes back in and keeps on playing. He don't give a shet if they are trying to take him out, he waves them off even though he is holding his left arm at his side. I don't know if KJ and the wide recievers, who were also hurt are trying to prove they don't quit to their next team, they kept playing. Lovem. The transfer portal is always active.

If KJ stays he will be an Arkansas legend, to me anyway. Rakim Boyd should have his name in the U of A Hall of Fame. The best running back on one or two of the ****tiest Arkansas teams ever. Had two runs of over 70 yards today. I learnt his entire name just for this post, I used to just call him 5 which is a traditional number of the U of A's great running backs. Rakim will rank among them. Darren McFadden is always on the sideline and is always calling out Rakim, cause he knows what its like to be the best player on the field of the U of A. If he thinks Rakim is hurt he just yells out to him
    "5 you OK" Rakim always just says "I'm Ok". Darren knows what its like to be the best player on the field on a bad team or one of the best players. Darren also knows Rakim isn't always telling the truth. He might be hurt but even though Arkansas isn't his original team he will keep on playing. NO MATTER WHAT. Darren played with Matt Jones and Matt has to live up to a bunch of **** that Darren doesn't have to since Matt was the QB. A QB who was most famous for his passes even though Matt didn't have much of an arm, his throws were his most famous plays.

Its something to be a Hog, its like nothing else, you don't come from here, but suddenly you understand the Arkansas Razorbacks inferiority complex. We are the greatest but really, we ain't, and we all ****in know it. I wasn't born here, but I have it, it hurts a little bit, actually it hurts a *** load. Rakim knows it even though he wasn't here the entire time.

Rakim will always be in the Hall Of Fame of Many of our Minds.

K J should have been playing the entire year, by now most of the mistakes he made today would have been gone. He threw it too hard to some receivers and threw it ahead or behind others. Chad Morris, who will not be coach next year, should have seen the talent and played it.

I don't know who we will get, I keep thinking it will be Bobby but I don't know. Shet Houston Nutt has been out here saying "I Will Run the Spread". Thing about Houston is he has personality problems but so does Bobby Petrino. Houston always played talent though. Bobby has always been an aszhole, no one likes him. People get mad at Houston cause he's an asxhole. I get the feelng out of the 2, if its one of them it will be Houston, cause Bobby is such and Aszhole. Houston IMO can do a modern offense even though Bobby is more attuned to it.

Houston is from here and knows US but I don't really think it will be either.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 11-10-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coach is gone, interim coach named. If Frank was still alive the AD, he would have been fired after the game but the next day is good enough.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG Ayrton, they can't lose to Arizona state, they have a chance at the final 4 still.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Hogs looked different tonight, I know they lost by 36, looks bad and it was. Still they had no quit in them tonight, something about the last coach inspired no confidence and it showed. He didn't play the best QB and you could tell every player knew it was Jefferson. By now, had he played earlier many of his mistakes would have already been made and taken care of.

Tonight, he made many mistakes but none led to turnovers and they pulled him out in the 3rd, likely because of his left shoulder, he tends to run the ball like he's still in high school. The problem with that is the corners and safeties on most college teams and damn sure in the SEC are as big as he is and driving that shoulder into them can hurt more than in high school. He slid too early, he ran out of bounds too early and stuff like that and he is throwing the ball behind receivers on the crossing patterns. I hope that last one doesn't show he can't throw the damn things. He did not notice the big orange thing they leave there on the sideline to show where the 1rst down is.

Jack Lindsey, Jr, 4th string QB came in and led the hogs to two touchdowns at the end which totally blew the the bets of many who took LSU and the points. Lindsey usually only holds for field goals. He's related to the rich Lindseys here in the state so he doesn't take up a scholarship and he was good enough to make the team. He's smart, you can tell that much when you watch him, he doesn't have the talent of the others but his brain made up for much of that tonight.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got drunk as hell tonight and got on the radio, none of the hosts of the post game show thought I was right in saying we need to keep Barry Lunney as the coach. EVERYONE and his brother has said we need an Arkansas guy as the next coach and I agree with that, thing is Barry is the only Arkansas guy who is a coach right now. They want someone loyal to this program, okay thats Barry but they want someone who is experienced and no Arkansas guy has that except for Barry but he doesn't have the kind of experience they want. Yes he's been here for decades because he's a recruiter and a former Razorback QB who went to the SEC championship game but he's not good enough for certain people.

****em all I want Barry Lunney, he's an Arkansas guy, he gives a crap about Arkansas, he knows how nuts we are and how nuts we are is important. I AM RIGHT AND THEY ARE WRONG NO MATTER HOW DRUNK I AM.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There it is, they and I agree about we need a guy who is an Arkie and when I say an Arkie I mean an Arkie with all the ******** that comes with being one of us. You have to hate Texas, you have believe the whole ****ing world is out to get you and rip you off. You must have that ****ing inferiority complex that makes you unreasonable about certain things, some of which make no sense at all. You cannot be the head coach of this little states ****ing football team and not have that. Frank Broyles was not an Arkie, but he had it, he was from Georgia but when he got to here he was an Arkie AND STAYED ONE TILL HE DIED. You gots to have that, you can't be looking for another job. As much as people say Lou Holtz wasn't an Arkie, I and no one else felt he was out for another job while he was here. Lou still feels he should have won the national Championship when he beat the Sooners in the 78 Orange Bowl as coach of the Razorbacks.

THERE IS A CERTAIN MENTALITY YOU MUST HAVE HERE AND IT IS NOT EASY TO REPLICATE.

Yeah, ok, you aren't going to win that much but your *** better believe you are going to win them all and you better convince US you believe that.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL Well put, Bailing_Out. Urh, I think so, anyway. I hope you understand that your liver is paying a high price for these great rants. But it's the art that counts!

(Damn, it's hard to use the editing features when most of the icons don't show up.)
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]CA|Melvin View Post
    LOL Well put, Bailing_Out. Urh, I think so, anyway. I hope you understand that your liver is paying a high price for these great rants. But it's the art that counts!

(Damn, it's hard to use the editing features when most of the icons don't show up.)
    Yeah things disappear around here.

My liver used to pay twice a week now it only pays once a week. I got old. Also, I drink some weak *** wine now (6%), not beer or tequila.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife, who pays very little attention to football, noticed something yesterday during the Hogs loss to Missouri. it takes them forever to run a play. Supposed to be a fast paced offense but it damn sure isn't. Missouri could go to the line and just run plays as fast as the officials could get the ball placed. With the Hogs the officials had all day. I guess they didn't cut down the offense after they fired the coach. I bitched and went about the damn play clock running out sometimes but for some reason I hadn't noticed that it was most plays that it took them forever to run a play.

IMO, you need 4 formations and at most 30 plays in a game. Practice those over and over and you go to the line and can run them. They are running the RPO offense, any play should have at least 2 if not 3 option to it anyway. Also they seemed to change personnel every 2nd or third play which means the defense gets to substitute and you have to wait. Sometimes there would 8 seconds on the play clock before the ref moved away from the ball and then some coach is trying to signal in some change because of the defenses change in personnel. That **** won't get it.

I can't remember who said it, it was some old coach recently, he said "you aren't going to out scheme big time college football teams, you have to out execute them, sure now and then you'll fool someone but mostly it execution."

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have hired Sam Pittman as coach. Everyone wanted him back to coach the linemen and recruit the linemen. I'm guessing the others they were looking at came with too much baggage or could not be gotten. It was said they did not even offer Lane Kiffen after talking to him and he went to Ole Miss.

If he can get the linemen he got before and coach them like he did before we will at least be able to gain yards running.