Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NCAA Baseball and the Arkansas Razorbacks

LSU pitching is falling apart, I think 50 runs in the last 5 games including tonight. Hogs haven't beaten them in a series in years. LSU defense kinda sounds like early season defense, boots and bad throws, I'm not watching it but thats what I've been hearing on the radio.

Ok Hogs won, 11-6, LSU scored 3 runs off the freshman reliever in the top of 9th then Dave said hell with it and brought in the closer Cronin, Cronin actually threw a slider. He has a good curve when his head is right and decent slider but usually all you get is fastballs from him. We always have a closer with some sort of brain block or some other brain problem on certain things so he's just more of the same.

Zach Jackson, when he was freshman, hit guys, sometimes 2 or more in an inning, walked guys and would sometimes strike out the side as well, allowing 2 or less runs. Then when he got to be the closer as a sophomore and then a junior, did the same damn thing, usually less runs allowed. Usually though, when he was older, he didn't allow a run. He is the most dangerous pitcher, for both teams, I ever saw pitch, college or pro. I listened to games where he hit two batters, walked another, then struck out the other 3, didn't give up a run. With just 1 or 2 run leads Dave would leave him out there, bases loaded, nobody out and Zach was the one who loaded them.

He hasn't made it to the majors yet and after 3 years in the minors he's not likely to, even though his hit batsmen is way down from college, his walks per 9 innings is still up too high. Dave Van Horn could never make a starter out of him in college and in the minors they haven't even tried.

Tomorrow Hogs go for the sweep. This team has a bit less pitching then last years team but it scores more run even though they've hit less home runs.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: NCAA Baseball and the Arkansas Razorbacks

Damn didn't get the sweep, Hogs looked tired from running around the bases so much the 2 nights before Actually it was they had a bad day after winning so much in the past 2 weeks. You can't keep that up but for so long. No timely hits although they had more hits and base on ball.

Next week is A and M, win one or two there at their place then the SEC tournament and onto hosting a regional and hopefully winning that and then a super regional. Hopefully another trip to Omaha.

Football is still everything in this state, basketball is 2nd but the baseball team wins. Along with track but no one pays any attention to them or golf or softball, they win but ya know, FOOTBALL!!!
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs advance to the regional finals with 3-1 win over TCU. Decent hitting game, excellent pitching for the Hogs. Dave Van Horn left Campbell out for the 8th. I think its cause he cannot trust the middle relief to hold a small lead, Hogs have not done well in low scoring games. The hitting with runners in scoring position or just men on base continues to su/k. All damn year they did this great but not now in the last 8 games they haven't. So you have to leave Campbell in as long as possible especially in the 2nd game after winning the first. The middle relief is good but its not total shut down good. Tomorrow Dave may go all out to win, using all relievers he has available to win in the third game if he gets any lead at all. Cronin may pitch 2 innings instead of his usual 1 to close.

Cronin, he has a curve ball that Dave forces him to throw now and then, he threw it once tonight. The coach can call pitches through the head set of the catcher but Dave usually don't. Cronin's going pro next year so he better have a 2nd pitch. Zack Jackson would throw all his pitches, he might walk you, he might hit you with any of them but you never knew what he was going to throw so he could throw 2 innings. Cronin needs to do that tomorrow if Hohs don't have a big lead.

Fusking NCAA is going to make tomorrows game an 8pm start so I will be at work when it finishes. Its not even supposed to be a tv game so why the hell its an 8pm start I don't know.

Dave knows this team is not as good as last years, so he's managing it that way. Get to Omaha, get the new stuff built, that will attract players. He already has the best stadium and soon the best baseball training facilities.

The super regional is the goal now, get there, Campbell wins you one, throw everything at the 2nd and you're in.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 06-02-2019 at 05:35 AM.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs got screwed with no night games during the super regional but they won 11 to 2 cause starting at 11 am is harder on the road team and we have Campbell. I mean WTF were they thinking, if you give the Hogs night games there will be 12 thousand, maybe more in the stands, it was 10.5 thousand with the 11 am start. In the 8th inning, Arkies start lining up to get in line for tomorrows game at 3 pm, Hogs were that far ahead. They leave the stands and the Hog Pen out past left field to get in line so they can get in and basically camp out, get drunk, cook ribs and then the game tomorrow. The 3pm game, in the Hog Pen, the only place near the stadium you can bring your ice chest in without inspection will be a drunken food fest by 3 pm tomorrow. Its technically inside the stadium since they do sell that area but its also technically not inside so they can let the fans do what they want to a great extent. I don't know of any other baseball stadium college or pro that allows cooking in areas they sell space. No seats there so they get around the SEC ban on alcohol inside and the school doesn't sell it.

Arkansas catcher Casey Opitz threw out a guy trying to steal so bad the short stop had to wait at least 1 second, probably 1.5, for the runner to get there to tag him out. He gets the ball out of his hand so fast.

Some of the toughest teams are down, in the supers. Vanderbilt, is down to Duke, UCLA is down to Michigan, LSU is down to whoever they are playing. Vandy and LSU are the teams the Razorbacks would be better off without having to see in Omaha, also UCLA. Sure the Hogs beat LSU this year but its always tough as hell to beat them. Yeah I am hoping to set the Hogs up for an easier College World Series. It won't be easy, I've watched Michigan play lately, they are freaking good. If Duke starts hitting, THEY DON'T FREAKING STOP!

If the Hogs don't win it all I am hoping Florida State wins, Mike Martin is retiring at 75 and he's been to Omaha 16 times without winning that he is still probably the greatest college baseball coach of all time (winning it all or not) its just that that damn thing is so hard to win. Getting there that much is amazing. He's been in the college baseball hall of fame for 12 years already LOL.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 06-09-2019 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Mike Martin

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an *** beating the Hogs received. They kicked the ball around without getting errors somehow, Kirstad kept swinging at that damn slider he cannot hit since its by his feet by the time it gets there, Walks, it was horrible.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMAHOGS!!!

Every thing they did wrong yesterday they did right today, plus the knocked the hell out of the ball. Playing Ole Miss 3 more times may have fixed the hitting. They knew how to pitch them but today it did not work, except for Martin.

Now they got to play Mike Martin and Florida State who are on some magical retirement run for him.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goddamn mother****ing son of a *****, 1 ****ing nothing, Jesus H Christ, I knew we didn't want to play Martin's in the first game. ****. Suddenly they are the greatest pitching team in the world, ****ing hell.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bailing, I sense that you are upset. Well here's a big F for the world!

WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes 0 and 2 and bar b que sucks asz.

ITS ONTO FOOTBALL SEASON.

Hello darkness my old friend, its football season soon again. If we get 6 wins I'll be damn surprised.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Futbal?

Neither of the NCAA teams I have connection are in the pre-season top 25 for Sportsnews or CBS Sports... or anyone else I guess... I will refrain from mentioning them since people would laugh and point. (cough cough... U of Colorado and Baylor)

So I will go back to watching the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup. Rooting for #1 ranked USA, of course. And Wimbleton starts Monday.
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im drunk melvin and my internet on my pc has quit. It may be my pc but I got the phone company sending me a new modem. Since I was still using one of theirs made in like 2006 or earler. Westell 6100. Its hard to type this on a smart phone thats way smarter than me. Allright the simon and garfunkel reference is what was played on local sports radio after the hogs lost the second game. Someone in my head, meaning ME suggested it should be played now that football season is what hog fans are looking forward to. The women shoul win it all but sine the hogs are playing Colorado st the buffs are out luck LOL. I hope Baylor gets past its old coach. This is too hard to do on a phone drunk or sober so goodbye till my internet is fixed

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hope the modem fixes it.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was another problem (I knew something was going on) but I fixed that by using Tweaking dot coms software which I already had. I could not even connect to see the settings of the old modem or the wireless router. Once I used the tweaking repair stuff it fixed that. The modem was there, I could read its home page but it could no longer be configured to do anything.

Kirk: "Bones, check on Westell 6100"

Bones: "its dead Jim"

I figure whatever went wrong with the modem somehow messed up the computer or vice versa. I will soon find out. According to Amazon it has been shipping the 6100 since 2004, so it was made before that. It no longer has any new ones available. It is selling an old used one for 51 dollars.

I got a new fancy modem now Jed.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

New is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
    ... I got a new fancy modem now Jed.
    That statement above reminded me of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzLSaXjKeE4
    http://artsites.ucsc.edu/GDead/agdl/tjed.html

... You know you bound to wind up dead
    if you don't head back to Tennessee, Jed ...

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Dead, not a song I expected from them, I was never a Dead Head, I listened to them some. Still its a pretty damn good song, even better when you post the lyrics for the damn near deaf like me.

Taking the grandkids to Florida tomorrow evening so I will not be posting my wonderful stuff for a week or more . That is if I don't post some tonight or tomorrow.

Taking them when they young they gonna wanna go when they get to be teens and I don't know that we will be able to handle them when we get that old. Two 60 somethings trying to keep up with teenagers seems alarming when I think about it. They may not want to go then though, you never know about kids.