12-06-2019
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The start of Bailing's new computer

Ok going to try to build one myself, although I do not see much of a discount in price so far,. I will be reusing this case, ITS ALREADY GOT THE DAMN HOLE IN THE TOP I CUT! May reuse the power supply for awhile but who knows
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The start of Bailing's new computer

Went looking for the thread I started more almost 10 years ago about this damn thing. Here it is https://www.bfewaw.com/showthread.php?t=272213

This computer is almost 10 years old. I did a good job with what I picked out back then I hope I do that good this time. Yeah I know I didn't play a bunch of games that would have overwhelmed this thing but still its been good. ARMA 3 shoulda done it in.

It hurt to see all the people who aint here no more as I searched. It hurt bad, even the ones I didn't get along with, even ****ing Adder.

In the spoiler, this computer as I bought it back then, almost 10 years ago. I've added to it since then of course. The Big Typhoon is still cooling the cpu though. I had to buy a replacement for the mount from some guy in Israel who had 20 of them, NO ONE ELSE HAD THEM. That was when the thermal paste wore out. That mouse has never been used, it was a piece of crap and I don't know where it is. The ram has been replaced with 16 gigs worth. I did get DX 11 support with this SOB's video card which I don't think was common back then. Its 12 now I think, more than 9 years with the same version. LOL the hard drive has been trashed, replaced with several others. Perfect back then when I paid 1300 for it. Yeah that price is BS.

Last edited by Bailing_Out; 04-14-2019 at 11:29 AM.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The start of Bailing's new computer

This so far, no I aint decided yet

ASRock X299 Taichi LGA 2066 Intel X299 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

Sapphire Video Card 11265-01-20G NITRO+ RX 580 8GB GDDR5 PCI Express HDMI/DisplayPort/DL-DVI-D with Backplate

Intel Core i5-7640X Kaby Lake-X Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 2066 112W BX80677I57640X Desktop Processor

Going to get the 2066, so I don't have to upgrade MB for awhile. Probably the I5 to go with it, can get better later, the I9's will go down in price sooner or later. The video card can be upgraded later. One SSD and 16 gigs or ram