03-29-2019
    Country
    This is Garnier's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how are you people!

It was a dark and stormy March morning in the redwood forest. Hail and thunder crashed around Garnier as he dashed through icy puddles to the outhouse. Crisis relieved, he was starting a fire in the cabin, when from somewhere a burst of nostalgia for WAW flashed through his mind. He opened his computer and typed in bfewaw.com...

~ ~ ~

Once upon a time I was sitting at my computer table where I spent a good 8 years of my life, battling away on an FH1 pubby. Someone mentioned WAW. I had just turned 16 years old. Next thing I knew I was rolling with Gp in campaign 13. I can still recall the voices of so many fellow Gpers and my later FH2 comrades, and so many shenanigans.

In 2013 I moved to silicon valley and had a little career working on a search engine. I imagine what I learned about teamwork and communication in WAW helped me a lot there.

In 2015 I got rid of my gaming computer and started venturing into the real world.

In 2017 I quit my job and started wandering about and ended up living in the forest, gardening and hunting mushrooms and eating all kinds of plants. My life now revolves around growing, foraging, cooking, preserving, eating, and sharing food. What can I say, I like food. I'm also trying to do what I can to protect the forest since it's all getting killed off these days.

How's everybody doing out there? I doubt anybody comes by here much, but just in case -- hey!
    "Low on numbers, low on morale, Garnier stepped up as a player for Gp during Machete. He manned the Chi-Ha for hours without hault and took out grasshoppers"

Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: how are you people!

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    It was a dark and stormy March morning in the redwood forest. Hail and thunder crashed around Garnier as he dashed through icy puddles to the outhouse. Crisis relieved, he was starting a fire in the cabin, when from somewhere a burst of nostalgia for WAW flashed through his mind. He opened his computer and typed in bfewaw.com...

~ ~ ~

Once upon a time I was sitting at my computer table where I spent a good 8 years of my life, battling away on an FH1 pubby. Someone mentioned WAW. I had just turned 16 years old. Next thing I knew I was rolling with Gp in campaign 13. I can still recall the voices of so many fellow Gpers and my later FH2 comrades, and so many shenanigans.

In 2013 I moved to silicon valley and had a little career working on a search engine. I imagine what I learned about teamwork and communication in WAW helped me a lot there.

In 2015 I got rid of my gaming computer and started venturing into the real world.

In 2017 I quit my job and started wandering about and ended up living in the forest, gardening and hunting mushrooms and eating all kinds of plants. My life now revolves around growing, foraging, cooking, preserving, eating, and sharing food. What can I say, I like food. I'm also trying to do what I can to protect the forest since it's all getting killed off these days.

How's everybody doing out there? I doubt anybody comes by here much, but just in case -- hey!
    Its just me here now. Nah Melvin comes by and responds to me now and then. Then someone like you remembers the old times and posts. Spend most of my time online on FJ. No, you don't want to go there.

https://discordapp.com/channels/2600...98578348359680
    Here is where you are more likely to talk to more people, if you want to. Some old, some new. I don't have the voice chat part hooked up but you can send text chat, how many will see it I don't know cause I really don't do anything there. I too like eating and I even enter a forest now and again.

I remember your name, Melvin will see this so come back, I'm sure he remembers you better, I drink a bit so I forget. I can almost assure you no one else will see this aside from me and Melvin.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: how are you people!

Hi, Garnier. You tanked allot, right? I'm doing well. Last year I had to move out of southern California to escape the money drain of living there; among other reasons.

Where is your forest living? Still in California? In the hippy forests of northern California? Or to the east in the Sierras? Or maybe the coastal hills, west of Silicon Valley? In my younger days I spent time in the Sierras, but never got used to the Black Bears taking my food. I had a friend who raised his kids in Ben Lomond among the coastal redwoods (sequoia sempervirens). Beautiful hiking in the parks just north of there. I only briefly visited the northern forests, but a very, very lovely area.

I had hoped to move back to the northern Colorado Rockies where I was raised but instead I ended up in mostly flat Texas. Out of necessity, since I'm not as spry and strong as I was so many decades ago. Living in the wilds now would probably ended in a less that desired way. I may be surrounded by farm fields here, but I live in a very suburban sort of house. Had to since I could not live without a high bandwidth, low latency internet connection.

Food you take from the land? That sounds great if there is enough. Do you have a plot of land to supplement? In Colorado, we would go on many days backpacks with little food carried. We would fish and forage; perhaps as you do. Lots of berries but the best was when my friend would pick mushrooms (I didn't trust myself) and we would fish. King Boletus (according to my friend) mushrooms and trout was common. I did pick Amanita Muscaria mushrooms, but only to be consumed back at the cabin. Kids, don't try those if you don't know what you're doing.

Hey, Bailing. I'm really a bot and I respond to every post unless you get there before me. But yes, not much posting here. I think only a few individuals posted this month of March. Although, about 30 members were lurking this month.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA