07-14-2019
    Country
    This is Ayrton's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are we going to do?

I am wondering where we are going from this point forward.

The tournament started off for WAW 32 at one time with 2 teams and an apparent intent to go to a tournament style competition between the two sides.

Then - because of low attendance at the appointed battle times - a special meeting was held where the determination was made that it would be best to hold Friday and Saturday public play events for an indeterminate period of time.

This was not really publicized very much. I for one needed to piece it together.

Those special Fridays and Saturdays have gone on for the last few weeks.

I will state that I was not able to tend to each and every time frame those weekends because I had to leave home to deal with a family matter plus my desktop burnt out at the same time so I haven't been entirely up to date on what might have been developing or decided.

With the time I had available - and using my laptop - I did try to attend a couple of the last few Saturday sessions.

What I experienced was this:

1. I could not get into a game because our NA WAW server was full with a +5 waiting list on average. I couldn't afford the wait, so I quit waiting.

2. The training servers - being open to all - were a free for all with outsiders usually (not always) being predatory dickheads, destroying vehicles in place or seeking me out to kill for fun or practice. This was often unpleasant and frustrating.

3. Last Saturday - September 29 - I hung out on a NA WAW server with Squarebasher and we apparently "seeded" the server to the effect that after some time, it reached the 80+5 status I had seen before. I had to leave before things developed to 30 vs 30 or so. Later in the day, I saw it was literally the #1 server in the list for number of players being around 80+5. Again, I couldn't wait around long enough to get in at that late time.

I feel as though I'm being denied the chance to play or compete on my group's very own server.

When will we resume the team vs. team framework?
    Last edited by Ayrton; 10-03-2018 at 04:31 AM.

M. Wittman and Bobby Woll

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    11-14-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD*|Lorden's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Where are we going to do?

1. Unfortunately since the only way we can fully populate a server is with pubbies, the only solution I can see to speed up member's access to the server is adding them to the 'reserved' slot role in the admin list. Something I'm happy to do, just hit me up on discord/steam and I'll take care of you for it.\

2. Two solutions available for this issue: Either adding in more members as admins to these specific servers so people who play there can be regulated, or passwording one of the two training servers so it is members-only. (Confirmation from Wiretap would be needed in order to password the servers, because Training Servers run under specific rulesets from PS devs).

3. See point 1. Seeding the servers is the number one thing you can do to help us get the word out to new players about the tournament. The sooner we have a stable active community, the sooner we can start actual members-only events again.

4. See point 3. We're waiting on a few things right now: One is the forum migration, and the other is the release of the US faction for the game. The overall active population of Post Scriptum has dropped off drastically since release, and they are putting a lot of faith in the US faction bringing people back. We can't run team vs team events (scrims, battles) if we've only got 10-15 allies and 20-25 axis showing up. We either need to rekindle interest from old members, or bring new blood in. We've also discussed bringing streamers on board and things like that, but I don't have the contacts or time to make that happen. If anyone can help with that, let a tournament admin know.

As for the forum migration itself, Dev work has begun on the last addons we needed to make it happen, financials have been sorted out and we're looking to migrate by November or so, with the whole project (including phase 3) wrapping up before the end of 2018.

The first layers of the Arnhem map should be released by the PS devs this week, and the US faction should enter beta testing shortly after that. We will likely repurpose our Community Server #2 to help out with testing the US faction, since it's not being used for anything else right now.
    Mz!@&*[J35]^|Lorden
    Gw[Gj37]^^^|Lorden
    FpA/ Nerion
    BsF~ Lorden
    I'm so sexy it burns when I pee...

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    07-06-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Wir3tap's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we have to move into giving priority spots to our own members, We will need steam ID's to add. So that you guys are whitelisted to the front.

World at War
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    11-14-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideally the way I'll do it is getting people's steam IDs directly from BattleMetrics when they are on the server. So like next Saturday or whenever people can jump on the server I can add them in a batch.
    Mz!@&*[J35]^|Lorden
    Gw[Gj37]^^^|Lorden
    FpA/ Nerion
    BsF~ Lorden

World at War
    German Company Officer
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country
    This is Ayrton's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it's the name, Steam ID = Ayrton

M. Wittman and Bobby Woll

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Obergrenadier
    Last Online
    05-20-2019
    Country
    This is 2WD/|zerokiller's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steam Id : zerokiller30

World at War
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    11-14-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayrton and zerokiller have been added to the reserved list for all 4 servers.
    Mz!@&*[J35]^|Lorden
    Gw[Gj37]^^^|Lorden
    FpA/ Nerion
    BsF~ Lorden

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    10-28-2018
    Country
    This is 1ABa|Pvt. Michet's Country Flag