09-19-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB|LCpl. cb99's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never seen such effort to discredit a game as PS on Steam at the moment,

Never seen such effort to discredit a game as PS on Steam at the moment.
    Review from 10 min game-play, garbage posts by some over and over that do not even own the game (no mouse icon beside name).
    Is it from competition worrying to lose head-start or is the trolling just super-bad?
    Also some maybe "sad" that it actually got released 9/8 as promised when the "did bet" on years from now.

Really disheartening to see.

-cb99

[Bring 'em on!]

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    11-14-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD*|Lorden's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Never seen such effort to discredit a game as PS on Steam at the moment,

Welp, gave it a mostly positive review. Review bombing sucks, it deserves better.
    Mz!@&*[J35]^|Lorden
    Gw[Gj37]^^^|Lorden
    FpA/ Nerion
    BsF~ Lorden
    I'm so sexy it burns when I pee...

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Lancecorporal
    Last Online
    09-19-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Open letter from Periscope Games
    10 augusti - =BoB=BreizhoO
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/736...02719235621267

Personally I probably followed the game getting info. and have enjoyed it to much to notice what they address here.

But is it not so like no. maps and variants that IMO is an important part is more than on the steam page?
    And most/all is coming if not in right now?

Regarding Map game/info. and purchase upgrade,
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/73622...5977596854149/

Anyhow,
    For me they really hit the nail on the head with this title and I do hope for a good future for it.

-cb99

[Bring 'em on!]

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    10-10-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB|Maj.Steevo's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game is good because the gameplay foundations just work out well, and it will get more and more positive rep over time especially when more content is released later on.

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Grenadier
    Last Online
    10-13-2019
    Country
    This is 2WD|Spiff's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I refunded a while ago and am not surprised at all with the backlash the game is receiving. It's not trolling. There are valid criticisms to be had with the game.
    If people are unhappy with the game and want it to be better they should be voicing their opinions instead of staying silent and letting the game fall in to obscurity.

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Lancecorporal
    Last Online
    09-19-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2WD*|Lorden View Post
    Welp, gave it a mostly positive review. Review bombing sucks, it deserves better.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AB|Maj.Steevo View Post
    The game is good because the gameplay foundations just work out well, and it will get more and more positive rep over time especially when more content is released later on.
    I really hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by 2WD|Spiff View Post
    I refunded a while ago and am not surprised at all with the backlash the game is receiving. It's not trolling. There are valid criticisms to be had with the game.
    If people are unhappy with the game and want it to be better they should be voicing their opinions instead of staying silent and letting the game fall in to obscurity.
    To bad PS did not suit you and I could not agree more with you on constructive criticism.
    BUT there are IMO a bunch that just obsessive posts in every thread again and again, and that will not help the future one bit of this game or come close to actually describe reality, launch is a critical time for a game.

Periscope Games do now have a refund next week until Friday 17/8, and IMO a more normal behaviour would be state a point or three and try to be constructive refund and maybe come back later, not crap all over the forum/game and as I see it just doing there best to halt the game in it's track and scaring away potential players.
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/736...02719235621267
    ..............we will be asking Valve to open up refunds for the game to any customer regardless of hours played for the next week. (Until Friday 17th).....more
    The target group for a game that actually requires a attention-span of more than 10seconds and requires time/tactic these days are not to big, and myself at least would very much like this title and similar game to have a future.

And if you do not read the forums I give you this guy as a sample with probably after a quick look done +150 posts since yesterday to contemplate over, just hit reload of the page if it does not load if you have the strength to wade trough it and look on some pages back, and yes crap like this do unfortunately work,
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/stopst...r/posthistory/

-cb99
    Last edited by 1AB|LCpl. cb99; 08-11-2018 at 06:25 PM. Reason: More text.

[Bring 'em on!]

World at War
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    11-14-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD*|Lorden's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this mean you will not be participating in the campaign? I would have appreciated a heads up.
    Mz!@&*[J35]^|Lorden
    Gw[Gj37]^^^|Lorden
    FpA/ Nerion
    BsF~ Lorden
    I'm so sexy it burns when I pee...

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Grenadier
    Last Online
    10-13-2019
    Country
    This is 2WD|Spiff's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be participating. I'm the towel boy.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some recent disappointing games have caused some people to jump the gun thinking that the game will never be like its supposed to be. They apparently do not understand the people behind PS. They worked on Project Reality until it was done, even past when that was not really a going on thing. Remember I never criticized how well Project Reality was done, I just would have done some things differently.

I don't own PS cause I cannot yet play so I cannot put that in a review. One of you needs to do so to remind people who is making this game.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Lancecorporal
    Last Online
    09-19-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
    Some recent disappointing games have caused some people to jump the gun thinking that the game will never be like its supposed to be. They apparently do not understand the people behind PS. They worked on Project Reality until it was done, even past when that was not really a going on thing. Remember I never criticized how well Project Reality was done, I just would have done some things differently.

I don't own PS cause I cannot yet play so I cannot put that in a review. One of you needs to do so to remind people who is making this game.
    You have a very good point there IMO.

Who Are We?
    http://postscriptumgame.com/the-team/
    “Periscope Games” is a game development studio that came to exist from the merging between PR:WW2 (an add-on crew from the Battlefield 2 mod Project Reality) and Liberty’s Highway (a modding team from SQUAD).............more
    I was going to make a post with Kudoz to you but then I realized that personally I only have experience from the pure PR mod for BF2 which was amazing, but I never did see or play PR:WW2 so I could not really reference to that my self, but maybe someone else have a opinion because it sure sounds like a good point in all this.

-cb99
    Last edited by 1AB|LCpl. cb99; 08-12-2018 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Realization.

[Bring 'em on!]

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no experience with them except for PR which was well done. Yeah I think terrorist could drive a hummer and use American kits but you couldn't do that in the game. I still killed *** loads of people with bombs. Killed or finished off a buttload of armored vehicles with bombs and the reason I may never play PS is cause I may not be able to get a kit with a bomb and a faust or bazooka with a bomb, I GOTS TO HAVE MY BOMB!
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Lancecorporal
    Last Online
    09-19-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Re: Never seen such effort to discredit a game as PS on Steam at the moment,

I should really know better by my age, but I got so super-fedup with this now +200 post guy on steam nagging on so I made a post to point out how ridicules it is.

"Thanks" for that I now got a warning from admin and a victim post from the guy, so if they want to get kicked and abused as I see it, why on earth should I bother to try and stand up for Periscope Games?

So that is it for me ever to take a stand for that company again.

-cb99

---

The actual Steam post/quotes,
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/73622...9130471944467/

Quote Originally Posted by 2.FJgSnazzyDuckling-ENG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cb99 View Post
    You and a select few have really craped all over this forum the last 30 hours.
    Yourself with some 200? posts not even owning the game and working real hard to stop it in it's tracks.
    Just press click update F5 if the page does not load and go back like 10! pages of this guy's posting history and see for your self,
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/stopst...r/posthistory/

Personally I hope for some instant karma for you my man, because this is no normal behavior it's some kind of sick quest.

Seams like Squad is close at heart so why not take your refund that you got and as normal people do give some normal amount of creative criticism posts and check back in some month instead of obsess 24/7 on this game and working your hardest to destroy it's future.

-cb99
    Anyone is allowed on our forum as long as they follow our guidelines. Owners or not.
    Some may have just refunded the game for variety of reasons but still want to engage in the conversation.
    Ok,
    If you do not feel the need, I will not bother either or post anything more here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maschinengewehr View Post
    I still care about this game. It just wasnt to an acceptable level for me yet, so I refunded it. Is that a crime?

Sorry for the derailment OP. That cb99 has got it in for me for some petty reason.
    Carry on.

-cb99

[Bring 'em on!]

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    09-02-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB|pvt.gmerpyleusmc's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. The developers need feedback, both positive and negative, in order to make improvements.

Tking like FlyGuy since WaW #16 / In Tanks since WaW #17

Last Online
    11-12-2018
    Country
    This is KGW-Panzerlang's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a dedicated tanker I feel royally screwed by the devs and in my opinion they've included the tanks as nothing more than fun-fodder for the infantry players (their cash-cow) and absurdly OP AT weapons. I've read one vague mention from the devs how they 'intend' to implement more detailed damage models for the armour, with proper ballistic/armour values but zero mention of anything in their roadmap.

As the game stands the tanks are atrociously arcade and that's not even to mention the buggy mess they are in regards basic coding (driving most of them is an exercise in frustration).

As such I gave the game a negative review and deservedly so. I paid the same price as infantry-centric players and don't take kindly to getting the high hat from the devs.

Maybe they'll sort it all out in time but from long experience, where 'waiting for the next patch' is pretty much a cliche, I'm not going to hold my breath. Even with the best of intentions the game is so buggy and broken I think it'll be months just fixing that, never mind improving the mechanics, features and etc.

Shame, it seemed to have potential.

World at War
    German Company Officer
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    12-07-2019
    Country
    This is Ayrton's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel frustrated about the armor component but not enough to give up hope for it.

The devs over reached, probably. It's likely vehicle implementation didn't work out like they projected. They are ambitious though and give me the impression they are dedicated.

When Squad first came out it didn't even have trucks. Soldiers had to walk everywhere. Now they are building step by step to a better and better product. I'm betting PS will do the same.

It looks to me like some of the PS tanks are better than others, so it appears devs are chipping away at refining the details. I too am hoping the vehicles and esp the tank models are implemented with proper armor/ballistic values.

I will note that the trucks seem to move well over lots of terrain types and are better performers than the armored cars and the tanks in that regard. Maybe some the coding should be cross implemented. But I don't know what all is involved in that kind of thing.

Even with all the flaws I haven't seen any modern product for a WWII fps that has more promise. Hell Let Loose might be it, but we don't know that yet.

BF5 is coming out before too long, probably, and maybe it'll surprise me, but from what I've seen so far, I don't believe it will.

Since I think it'll get to a satisfying and gratifying point of development, I'm going to continue to support PS, participate in it and hope for the best. I think it's great to be in on the ground floor and be part of the progress.

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the way trucks and jeeps work better over terrain seems to have to do with higher speed to "power through" rough terrain. I only see to get stuck driving wheeled vehicles when my speed gets reduced (usually ping ponging off trees trying to read my map and drive)