Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a waw member

Being a member here is special, in a way. We only give a crap about 2 things, 1rst, doing your damndest to win. 2nd, not going beyond that to win,. In other words not cheating to win. Along with 1rst comes this, being a good team mate, that also comes along with coming in 2nd/last. Also loving the fight, the fight means more than anything. Fighting your *** off to win.

Old members are going, WE KNOW THIS BAILING.

Sure they do but sometimes I've seen us all forget the the fight means more than anything. I seen teams/sides get they *** kicked in the first battle or 2 or 3, I mean a bad loss and losses, yet come back to win it all.

Fighting to win, living to fight, in a good way, is what WAW is.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Being a waw member

My brother just got online with me an said "well thats not all, you have to do everything to win. Yeah sure but I thought what I said was good enough cause Joe is an ******* but according to him it isn't. You have to go to the edge of the rules to win. FINE! You have to the edge to win. BUT NOT BEYOND IT. Joe would go beyond it cause he's an *******.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    09-18-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB|Maj.Steevo's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a WaW member seems to be more about signing up 10 years ago and still wondering why the hell you keep coming back and being amazed it's still the same crowd.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1AB|Maj.Steevo View Post
    Being a WaW member seems to be more about signing up 10 years ago and still wondering why the hell you keep coming back and being amazed it's still the same crowd.
    OMG, you Steevo, you may be a bigger A hole than me. You been here longer, for sure, kinda. I aint seen you in awhile so the been here longer thing kinda works in my favor, the join date works in yours.

Anyway when I get a computer to play the newer games I will be back and I won't quit when I do. Well that is kinda relative, since I'm in my 50's, I might quit or die but I'm not Melvin old, so I got time

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    09-23-2018
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey, I'm not that old, Bailing. Easily less than the lifespan of a Galapagos Giant Tortoise.

I have only been around since WaW started playing FH2. Prior to that I played allot of BF1942 and FH1 on public servers. There was some team play in squads if you got in with a good crowd. Over time I recognized the names of team players. We would be elite killers and flag cappers in our squad, but that wasn't enough. Especially, when there were smacktards lurking. It didn't take many to ruin game play for people. I found WaW and it was a whole new world. It made FH2 play the way a large, FPS game should be played. WaW's organized play and WaW's special way of keeping the players involved was great.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    09-18-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]CA|Melvin View Post

I have only been around since WaW started playing FH2. Prior to that I played allot of BF1942 and FH1 on public servers. There was some team play in squads if you got in with a good crowd. Over time I recognized the names of team players. We would be elite killers and flag cappers in our squad, but that wasn't enough. Especially, when there were smacktards lurking. It didn't take many to ruin game play for people. I found WaW and it was a whole new world. It made FH2 play the way a large, FPS game should be played. WaW's organized play and WaW's special way of keeping the players involved was great.
    I like that comment, can you quote that on the steam community page to help attract members?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/73622...5144765/?ctp=2

or put it here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/73622...8209916542452/

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    09-23-2018
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sure. Just posted.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is 1ABc|Pvt. RootWyrm's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya know, Steevo, I was going to be all "hell no, look at all these new faces!"

Then I looked at how long I've been around.
    BFE7 - +!SgPA[KgG]~~|Frustration || BFE8 - +PKAm![31ToL]~~|Frustation || BFE10 - Ri%[Gj37]//|Frustration
    DISCLAIMER: Game name may differ slightly. I can't slam enough letters into the game.

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is 1ABb|Pvt. Sionnach's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am around longer than it says to the left, as I remember when the forums switched over that the join dates were reset, or something.
    Anyway yes, I keep coming back

#4: [C14]D|SSgt.Sionnach #5: [A]P|Sgt.Sionnach #6: [22RN]P|SSgt.Sionnach
    #7: [26M]W|2Lt.Sionnach #8: [30AI]Q|Cpt.Sionnach #9: [34GD]SR|SLt.Sionnach

#10: Gw[Gj37]^^|Sionnach
    #11: [42Wx]P|LCpl.Sionnach Cl: [AEF]B|Cpl.Sionnach
    #12: [44M]LtGen.Sionnach #13: Marszałek Sionnach (CinC)
    #14: [47Sgb]T!|JWo.Sionnach
    #15+ Retired
    #32: 1ABb|Pvt. Sionnach

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Wir3tap's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I don't know why a lot of ours say Nov 2003, That would of been campaign 2/3ish. Wish we had more timestamps lol. Hell CCS was together during 2003 from Campaign 3.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=152&v=2qKg_VR4_yQ Was from 2003, and the song was released in January of 03. So I'd say Campaign 3 started probably mid 2003.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/WaW_Histo...ex.php?act=idx

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Obergrenadier
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is 2WD/|RazzerKFG's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking back makes you feel old at times, but still so much fun and intense gameplay, much better then getting drunk on a bar with sleesly girls around you

Last Online
    08-30-2018
    Country
    This is BsK-Hoplesscase's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys! miss the game!! been a while ! sup all! i can't play FH 2 anymore since windows 10 launched its update. and not only FH2 but all the battlefield serie experience low fps on multiplayer game only!!

machine spec

intel core I7 2630QM 2GHZ 2GHZ

16 g RAM

Nvidia gt 540m 1 giga

500 g HDD

any ideas guys?

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    09-18-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that will cut it. Post scriptum is pretty demanding even for high end systems

World at War
    German Company Officer
    Axis 32 Leutnant
    Last Online
    09-23-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD~|Ayrton's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any ideas guys?
    As with most systems set up for past games, a newer, bigger, stronger, faster graphics card is what's needed: https://www.anandtech.com/show/12050/best-video-cards

Last Online
    08-30-2018
    Country
    This is BsK-Hoplesscase's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi again! i guessed where the problem lies!! When i updated FH2 to the latest version, the starting message where a player configure his game! I found out that fps were to set to a maximum of 1 !!!! Call me dum but i couldn't think that it will do that!! setign values that low!! Anyway, back to normal!!

thnx for your answers!

World at War
    German Company Officer
    Axis 32 Leutnant
    Last Online
    09-23-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD~|Ayrton's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah. I thought you were asking about PS and machine specs for it. That's what my answer went to. Glad you figured out your FH2.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a WAW member during a campaign

Someone is gonna get mad an call you an idiot. Why, cause they want to win and they tend to blame the easiest person and you just may be the easiest. Pay no mind to this, we spent 2 battles blaming the weapons we carried in one camp, we won the next 7 battles, WITH THE SAME DAMN WEAPONS! We also won that campaign. Don't bother Bailing to try to find out the details, he doesn't know them. CAINT REMEMBER!

Kommi, a man who aint here no more used to send me to die in certain places and we won those battles even if we never took the areas I died for. Me an Kommi don't agree on much a nothin but I only once doubted his strategy. Of course I doubted it once, I had died 45 times during a round of that battle, but we won that round and we won that battle. I aint sayin your commander is that guy but I do know one thing, he wants to win just as bad as Kommi did.

So I leave you with this, I won't get to play this campaign but I know your commander wants to win in the worst way. He may also attempt to do it in the worst way but you should still be here for the friendships you make and the fun you have.

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    09-20-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB|Pvt. Wilhelm's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try 14 years...

Just checking in after a while and was surprised to see a WaW discord channel with a lot of familiar names and a new campaign starting up with Post Scriptum (also with a lot of familiar names!)

I was in need of a group to play Post Scriptum with!

WaW #8: [30AI]Q|SSgt.Wilhelm - Australian
    WaW#9: [34GD]SR|Mpra.Wilhelm - Russian
    WaW#10: LS[39Fj]///|Wilhelm -> Gw%[Gj37]>>|Wilhelm - German
    WaW#11: [42Wx]P|Sgt.Wilhelm - British
    Classic Battles: Pg[HgA]///|Wilhelm - Axis
    WaW#12: Tg[J43]J~|Wilhelm - Japanese