07-14-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TeamSpeak?

So for the campaign, I'm guessing that we will still use Teamspeak to stay organized and at least for rotations/waiting rooms, but are we going to switch over to In-game chat only during the battle?

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    11-14-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD*|Lorden's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: TeamSpeak?

I think that would be the best solution, as the in-game chat allows for local chat across squads, while still offering everything we need (commander/SL chat, and squad chat).
    Mz!@&*[J35]^|Lorden
    Gw[Gj37]^^^|Lorden
    FpA/ Nerion
    BsF~ Lorden
    I'm so sexy it burns when I pee...

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    10-10-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB|Maj.Steevo's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Discord offers better service then teamspeak as it has better cross platform support. It can be used like a message board as well as team comms.

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    11-14-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD*|Lorden's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So your recommendation would be to completely abandon TS in favour of Discord? What about my idea of using in-game voicechat during battles?
    Mz!@&*[J35]^|Lorden
    Gw[Gj37]^^^|Lorden
    FpA/ Nerion
    BsF~ Lorden
    I'm so sexy it burns when I pee...

World at War
    British Company Officer
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    05-24-2019
    Country
    This is riskmanagement's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For now we are sticking with TS to manage waiting rooms, for ingame comms we use the build in PS. Could this change yes but for now this is how it is.

Engineers lead the way..... ALL THE WAY
    Combat engineers will fight for a town, rebuild the town, build the road to the town, build a bridge over the river outside town, fortify and defend it all and then blow all of it up when we are done with it!

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    10-10-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB|Maj.Steevo's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm talking about using the ingame system, with Discord as a social hub to set up waiting rooms. Teamspeak works too, and is a proven system, but it's showing it's age.
    Discord has a simple UI, runs on both mobile and browser, messages posted on discord are persistent and it's free of charge.

World at War
    German Company Officer
    Axis 32 Hauptmann
    Last Online
    11-02-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD~~~|Danpoor's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TS

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There are mobile apps for TS that people use.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Lancecorporal
    Last Online
    09-19-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB|LCpl. cb99's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something I wrote somewhere regarding Discord vs. TS3,
    I do not believe I am the only one not so keen on discord, or maybe I am?
    In short, personally all for TS.

Why TS3 and not Discord?

TS3,
    Root's in the gamer community, buy a server and have free client's an easy understandable EULA no strange stuff going on, takes some work to get setup right.

Privacy on PC is covered under section 9 of the Eula,
    9. Special terms for the use of the TeamSpeak Software Client (PC)

Discord:
    There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Programmers, system-developers, buying server-capacity, buying bandwidth, maintenance and then making a profit ontop of all that do cost real money and need to get financed some how.
    The way you pay for all of this is with your privacy and information that is a sellable commodity.

Sure there is loads of social-media applications doing the very same thing, but if not necessary when there is an alternative where you do not sign away your privacy why not at least cut back on some of the ?vacuum your life? services?

And it is not enough to just read Discord's EULA, you actually have to dive trough all third-party products used in discord and there EULA's as well to fully understand what you agree to, because that is what you agreed to by accepting Discord's EULA, all other companies involved EULA's are agreed to at that moment.

---

Cambridge Analytica,
    Is a "good" recent example IMO on why we all should if possible limit our exposure to data-mining opportunists,
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/cambridge-analytica

Also,
    There is always some spare TS's around if something goes down the drain to be drafted as a emergency, TS also have a incredible level of customization possibilities.
    But the in-game chat possibilities and quality is pretty good also and I am sure good solution and maybe combination will emerge, but one proven voice chat is a way to reduce possible problems.

My self I will be here as long there still is a “normal login” left/around and we are not forced to use the social-media ones, and I will play as long as I am not "forced" to use Discord

---
    ---
    ---

And while at TS3,
    This is a useful setup/tip for any-game, if you do want to have voice activated and not to get a "echo" talking ingame to others.
    I had it setup for previous test-weekend duplicating this for in-game PS for V,G,B keys for chat.

---
    Big Kudos Stalhandske (Steam) for the info.
    ---

When you use TS and PUBG voip at the same time you do not want the echo that happens when you talk in PUBG, this tip mutes TS when you hit your "push to talk" key in PUBG, the others in TS will still hear what you are saying because PUBG does send it's voip to all in the group.

In TS -> Tools -> Options -> Hotkeys
    Choose "Add" i the bottom of the menu.
    In the "search box" write "mute" and then click "Show advanced Actions"
    Under "Microphone" mark "Mute Microphone" click on "No hotkey assigned" button to
    map the same key that are used in PUBG for "push to talk". Note that "On key down" is marked.
    Click "OK"

Now click "Add" again and add the same PUBG "push to talk" key as before for the "Unmute Microphone" (search for "mute" again but this time mark "Unmute Microphone") but this time also mark "On key release" before click "OK".

Now should the list with "Hotkeys" contain your PUBG "push to talk" key that you just did bind twice, one time as "Down" and one time as "Up" in the left column.

The muting and un-muting command in TS is followed by a voice message, to get rid of those messages go to "Notifications" in the options-menu, there on the right side you have "Sound capture" click it to expand and un-check "Muted" and "Unmuted" to get rid of those messages.

Edit in,
    There is a beep when doing Stalhandskes great solution, and did a bit of google, so to get rid of that short beep do the following as well.

1. Open Tools Options -> Application first.
    2. Then uncheck 'Warn when talking while mic muted'
    3. Press the OK button.

---
    ---
    ---

We also have the Discord contender "Steam Chat",
    I would personally prefer SteamChat if really leaving TeamSpeak.
    To be able to grab more ground from Discord, SteamChat have to evolve some more with more functionality and they seam to have the speed up. Also better IMO because SteamChat is something every single one that actually owns “Post Scriptum” already have on there computer by default via the Steam platform.

Discord may at some point come with a cost, while SteamChat probably will just be included in the general Steam product.

-cb99
    Last edited by 1AB|LCpl. cb99; 08-24-2018 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Spelling, more text.

[Bring 'em on!]

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have my A 3 setup this way as well. I hit a button to talk in A 3 voip but that mutes TS when I do it.

The way out of giving up your info with discord is the way I've always avoided giving up my info to anyone online, you lie. They isn't a single truth online about me in any of the forms I've filled out, I've always lied. I'm not ashamed of it, electronic info isn't like what I tell you when I talk online, it spreads like a cancer or something. When I talked to one of you in TS or even discord, the few times I've used it, I tell the truth. Its not going anywhere but when I sign up for something online, ANYTHING, I lie. I'm a damn good liar cause I remember my lies. Only my credit card company knows who the hell I am.

I have used paypal to contribute here in the past but I lied to them about who I am. I put money in paypal from the credit card, they know who I am if its really important for someone to know.

If the credit card companies kept track of and paid the US governments bills we'd be running a 50 billion dollar surplus a year. Yeah sometimes they get their info stolen but not like the government does. I got a call from capital one once, only time they ever called me, they asked "are you or anyone you allow to use the card in Wisconsin? , I said "no" and they said "ok" and hung up on me. I saw a cancelled charge on my bill from some electronics store in Wisconsin.

This computer was custom built in Wisconsin, I sent it back there when the motherboard went out 1 month after I bought it. Those mother****ers tried to use my card to buy a new motherboard for this computer, a computer they guaranteed for 6 months.

DO NOT TRUST ANYONE YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TRUST
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thread should be called "Bailing_Out tells people to become liars".
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A fair write-up, cb99. Bailing, it's not about what you sign-up as at Discord. But yeah, no one should put out their personal information to these guys or anyone else if it can be avoided.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    10-24-2018
    Country
    This is Panzerscran's Country Flag

Mentioned