Today
    Country
    This is Ayrton's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Hell Let Loose

Let's figure out a date, time and server to join up on. We'll see what they've done and what we think.

M. Wittman and Bobby Woll

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ayrton, are their any Beta test keys remaining? If not or only 1 or 2, can more be obtained?
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

World at War
    German Company Officer
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I received 3 beta test keys total when I purchased the early access game.

The first key was for me. I gave the second and third keys away to the first people to ask for them.

Bailing claimed the second one.

Val Hallas claimed the third one.

ATM, those beta test keys are good for 2 more beta test weekends, but nothing else. The next (second of 3) beta test starts April 26, 2019. The last test weekend is tba.

Because I paid $29.99 or whatever for the game, I will receive a different code for the full game to be released on June 6, 2019. Bailing and Val will not receive anything past the two beta test weekends unless they pony up and buy the game.

(Not a bad deal for those two guys; they can decide if they like the game before they make a purchase decision.)

As I understand it, at this time, a person could purchase a game and still get two extra beta test keys to give to whomever they want; good for however many test weekends are still available. Hell Let Loose or Hell Let Loose on Steam should be checked to be sure of the details.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I couldn't find how to pre-order at Steam, but they did have a news post that said:
    As a reminder, if you pre-order, you?ll be able to take part in our upcoming beta on Friday April 26th at 11am BST / 6am ET / 3am PT, as well as the final beta that follows.
    Pre-order from the Hell Let Loose website, mentioned some posts up. Those interested to try it can go to the link below. Just give them $30. And get the 2 beta test keys as mentioned, too.
    https://pre-order.hellletloose.com/
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My availability:
    Friday after 5pm EST
    Saturday after 9pm EST
    Sunday after 6pm EST

Is there a preinstall option through steam?

World at War
    German Company Officer
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will try and link up with you in those time frames.

I'll be waw Ayrton or Ayrton. I will likely look at west coast servers. It was odd last time in that the east servers didn't seem active.

I don't know of any pre install option. Maybe. (Odds are they have a revision in any event.)

My installation and startup was problem free, though.

Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got to work this friday night, will likely forget even if I'm not asleep.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According the the HLL discord, you can redeem your key and d/l the game. Of course when it goes live friday you will still have to d/l an update but that is better than doing the whole thing at once.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, I started it up or tried to but it wasn't working. I start it now and then even though it has no single player thing to mess around just to see if it will start up. Said some error, I think it just needed to update/download itself all over again, that is what it did after I checked the file integrity with steam. 10gigs again. Not because of HLL but I may say screw it and not work friday night.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played a little, killed a friendly before the guy driving the tank I was gunning somehow managed to get tank on its side, game crashed with all the bouncing around we were doing. Figure that was more me than the game. When as infantry I could tell my old computer was having a hard time with it but the game still looked good, the frame skipping was handled smoothly. I didn't bother playing on high settings, first tried medium looked great. Turned it down, less skipping, still looked better than any game I've played. Lower ping really helps so I have to pay attention to that, on older game I could play high ping Euro servers and be ok but this old computer won't allow that.

Have to get used to the system, you just don't select your bandage and hold down the mouse button to use it and you cannot have things set to the same keybind like I do in other games. Still though, once I looked at a few more things its not that complicated. I accidentally picked support, looks like I have a hammer or some weird looking wrench, ALRIGHT I THINK, A HAMMER AS MELEE WEAPON. No, you use it to place the ammo box LOL. I don't know maybe you can repair with it.

Oh the game lets you do something we all used to be able to do, you can just drop a grenade, right click, right there at your feet, you don't have to throw it and then it bounces 30 feet away. That will come in handy at times like it used to.

I don't think you can see as far as in other games, yeah its out there but the details are like, life like, you can't make it out exactly, that is good. Shooting the pixel that represents someone half a mile away isn't going to happen without a scope so that they aren't just a pixel. I shot Gomer like that once in some FH2 battle LOL, he was basically just one damn pixel way out there that stopped moving.

At least that was what I got from that battle I was in, lots of trees and bushes so seeing a very long way wasn't possible most times. I think people will complain about the suppression effects staying with you too long after the suppressive fire is either gone or you've away from it. It was ok with me.

Going to try to get back on later.

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ha ha guess it was me who forgot about this. d/ling the 9.7g now. Ill be on later

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we want to link up ayrton, we should match on steam.

If you are on the waw steam page as a member, we can join on each other

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn I'm too drunk to play, well not really, I could play but I'd likely get kicked for team kills and my brother is about to be on the phone. I saw what I think I needed to see from it. Its a good modern WWII game, it doesn't require too much from players like me. Who are not usually going to be into all the commander, SL, supply type stuff usually. I can do it though if needed, its not that hard. I haven't seen an enemy kit to grab or even a friendly who'd laid there long enough for me to take his stuff. Don't want to be ghoulish and steal from a guy I just saw get shot, the medic may come along

I got MGed more than I was shot by rifles when hiding in the bushes, so realistic IMO. the mg's were spraying the area they saw enemy troops and I got hit. Getting nicked didn't take you out of action and you can hear it when it happens, I love that part. Thats a big deal cause you can't of course feel it so the sound is good from the get go.

So overall, in just a little bit of playing I'm happy with it. When I get a new computer built, I may need some advice by the way. I will buy the game. I will not do liquid cooling. I do have ideas about how to guide the airflow in the case at the chip and the video card. Am going to buy a new case, may cut hole in it if not satisfied. Being 55, it may be the last major game purchase, sure I will buy some stuff like Silent Hunter, it it gets a new version, its not a twitch game. I'm getting kinda slow I noticed and I'm not sure games are going to have roles for me like FH1 and FH2 where sneaking around, greying a flag and blowing **** up is all that valued.

I suppose you can blow stuff up in the game but it seems to not value being behind the lines it puts on the battlefield. I don't even know if you're allowed to like kill a tank behind that line they put. That is the type of stuff I do. I know there is someone here who has played against me in pub FH who knows that. I like to harass and make life a living hell for those who are not at the front, cause me fingers aint what they used to be. So you're bringing a tank to the front and driving like you haven't care in the world? Boom, you've been killed by bailing out, that old basterd.

Think that flag is safe, suddenly 3 people die and the flag is grey. Think you have that bunker secure, Bailing runs in with a satchel and tosses it, then tosses another then beats 3 peeple to daeth with shovel

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that the game is that way, I want some BF 42 Bf 2 FH stuff in it. It may not happen though. Thing is I still see some fun stuff in it. Its got to have fun for morons like me or you won't have enough players. I know we aren't the most important mother Fers in it but you got to have us. We give the numbers to the game so we need our ****. I have no idea how to tell the Devs that. Yes you want realism but you've got to have some lee way for us slow fingered SOB's who do the shet that needs to be done. We "help" make the game. We aren't the be all and end all of it but we are the ones that make the numbers that make the game.

World at War
    German Company Officer
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played on a server in Australia on Saturday night. 214 ping for me and it worked well. Mostly Aussies on from the accents I think. Fun players. 50 to 60 total most times.

The game played well for me with all that.

I drove a panther a lot in one game and was follow on infantry in others.

The tanks still need some refining but did quit flying off the handle and bouncing. Driving them is pretty interesting with gear shifting and all.

Played cat and mouse with a sherman one time and as I turned the corner on the chase thinking that's where he went, there he was facing us for a shoot out which was good for us being in a panther. Squared up and killed him. Somewhat like FH2 tanking in that regard.

I still don't know how artillery is targeted. Want to find that out. It's used a lot and is very lethal.

Just because the game is so good looking, here are some more screenies for anyone who might want to see:

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I played about 4 or 5 hours of this over the weekend. Looks like Hiltz and Ayrton were the only two waw-ers playing, although i didnt manage to get on with them at the same time. I ended up playing mostly as American Infantry, some Medic but mostly my beloved BAR. I ended up having a fair amount of success (ie shooting people in the face with extreme prejudice) as most of the time playing these semi realism fps i run to the front, shot from nowhere, rinse lather repeat. Had some good times getting "into it" The game played very smoothly for me (i-5, gtx1080, 16g mem) but i didnt hear anyone on chat complaining about it either. Some long distance rendering was a little funky, like tree branches rendering in and out causing me to perceive infantry movement, and maybe once or twice a guy popped out of nowhere because he wa moving quickly and the game caught up to him graphic wise late. Some stuff is missing like free look and vaulting (although if you are running and hit space bar your guy will jump over some small things.)
    Not to disparage the devs, but the difference between HLL and Squad/Post Scriptum is potatos potatoes tomato tomatoes to me. At this point PS is more polished obviously being out already and building off Squad completely. In PS you have rally points (long and short duration, depending on radio man near) and FOBS (requiring logi squad). HLL uses Outposts (SL +1 guy) and Garrison team spawn (full squad to place).

But game flow wise it is very similiar and the engagements work more or less the same. Again, not a bad thing as these games are right up my alley. But the same folks who dig PS will also be into HLL, so sort of a case of poaching the same playerbase so I dont know how the game will attract more users than what is already out there.
    And who knows what the successor to the battle royale fad when that becomes long in the tooth.

World at War
    German Company Officer
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ValHallas:

But the same folks who dig PS will also be into HLL,
    However, I don't think the inverse is necessarily true.

HLL enthusiasts often prefer HLL to PS from many comments I've read. Many don't like PS but do like HLL.

I found PS overly complex and too intricate. So far, for me, HLL feels more accessible, easier to delve into.

HLL still needs a lot, but implementation of improvements is going in a good direction, imo.

From one of their devs a couple of days ago:

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    07-20-2019
    Country
    This is 1ABb|Cpt Squarebasher's Country Flag

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played HLL over the weekend with Steam, Hiltz and Risk, I found it a lot of fun. Similar in a lot of ways to PS.

Played both maps available and I like them both, the actual graphics are outstanding, the inside of some of the buildings are just great and this is where HLL looks better than PS.

Played mostly infantry on the first day, I liked the way it played, when squad leader the spawn points were easy to get down.

Second day played in tanks this needs more work but the potential is good, the driving is quite difficult but you can get it in about 20 to 30mins, gunning is fairly easy if you have good spotters, thankyou Risk and Hiltz.

Overall I think this game has great potential, with 100 player servers and no one I played with complained about FPS problems it's all good.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABb|Cpt Squarebasher View Post
    Played HLL over the weekend with Steam, Hiltz and Risk, I found it a lot of fun. Similar in a lot of ways to PS.

Played both maps available and I like them both, the actual graphics are outstanding, the inside of some of the buildings are just great and this is where HLL looks better than PS.
    You can actually see inside the building without lights, its like the light is coming in the windows. Some games its just dark as hell as soon as you go into a building.

World at War
    German Company Officer
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'd be great to organize a get together for those interested for the next one.

Also, idk if it makes sense to post such things in this day and age, really, but here's a good and recent HLL vid that reminded me of game flow in FH2 in some ways. Guy here is good and goes on a spree in town with a BAR:

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not sure when the next beta weekend will be, but I think it will be the last one. The one this last weekend was announced on Twitter about 6 days before it started. We can put out a broadcast to the membership and make a post. I wonder which server you would go for. If they have the choices they advertised last time, then US East and EU would be the best for most people, I think. But you guys can just play for a while on one and move to the another at another time over the weekend. Do they have a lobby chat or something? Maybe meet in our TS?

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know when you guys were on, I know I didn't see anyone on TS or hear anyone on that other thing. I played early in the day, later got drunk and forgot about it.

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game is launched only from steam, so it makes sense to meet up that way.
    Whoever is the moderator of the WaW steam group should create an event for the whole beta time and invite everyone on the WaW steam page. This will pop up for them when they log on.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I put announcements in our News Section and Front Page and set the Event in our Steam Calendar. Steam UI won't link the game, so the Subject is Party! Feel free to check it out to make sure I didn't FUBAR it.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to have one more damn campaign. Be great. If not just from here, one more combined campaign with us and FHT, the group that should not speak its name. I was on their side in the one we had cause I was banned here and of course I kicked ***. Kinda, okay I wasn't that good but I was okay for a first time tanker.

Probably won't happen. Anywho the game looks good now and I hope it stays that way. Simple enough for morons like me but it has some complications for the others. I have hopes that people will be able to fly planes and that the artillery will be a bit tougher to aim, cause its seems like modern arty now not WWII arty.

I got at most 10 years to live and I want one more damn campaign. One more telling of the football story about my senior years team to inspire folks LOL. Also if it happens Melvin has to have a side and it has to be mine so I can give him shet and he can give me shet. I will of course be the better shot and will brag incessantly about it. <-- I spelt incessantly right the first time, I want some sort of credit for thast.

It won't happen but I want it. Had a bad week this week folks. That explains all of this or most of it. I kept coming home to dead kittens. I'm a softy at heart and it hurt to get rid of them. Not a week alive and then they dead. Momma almost died but I got her alive now anyway.

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk of new campaign should be a bannable offense

Let sleeping dogs lie

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
    I'd like to have one more damn campaign. ...
    as would I ...

Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]ValHallas View Post
    Talk of new campaign should be a bannable offense ...
    and yet I have to agree with ValHallas. doh!

Mr. Bailing, I look forward to meeting you on the battlefield of polemic poop hurling.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]CA|Melvin View Post
    as would I ...

and yet I have to agree with ValHallas. doh!

Mr. Bailing, I look forward to meeting you on the battlefield of polemic poop hurling.
    Look at the time it was posted, I was drunk

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    07-20-2019
    Country
    This is 1ABb|Cpt Squarebasher's Country Flag

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next beta weekend 25th 26th May.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
    Look at the time it was posted, I was drunk
    Of course. But I still look forward to meeting you on the battlefield of polemic poop hurling. i.e., shet.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABb|Cpt Squarebasher View Post
    Next beta weekend 25th 26th May.
    Is that a change to their beta weekend or your recommendation for our meeting days? For the get together, I'm not sure how the player search works, but they have several servers. If they have the same servers as last time, then maybe we meet for a while on the EU and then on the US East.

If there is change to the Beta Weekend schedule, I will make changes to our calendars and posts. I got the info from https://steamcommunity.com/games/686810/announcements ... "The last closed beta before Early Access launch will take place on the weekend of May 24th to May 27th. We'll be providing further information on the beta, including start times, closer to the date."