Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FOG OF WAR free edition

Played it a couple of hours, fun, weirdly the collisions work already as far as infantry goes. You can't just swing your gun through objects thats for sure, it will rise and then fall as it goes around it. Some say its still alpha, hell I don't know. I haven't seen a single tank yet but you may have to purchase to see them or play on servers with them and you may have to purchase to get on those servers. I did see trucks driving around, I didn't try to figure out how to get in one.

You fight over small areas, drag a flag forward though I am not sure what that accomplishes. Maps aren't big and you cannot flank too far out without a popup saying this area is mined making it where you can see much. I never hit a mine. The reason the trucks aren't needed is the map size.

Rifles. very little zoom when you bring the rifle up, don't hit + unless you want to look at the back of your own head.

Certain times when you die you kinda become a roamer, no option to respawn, I assume its just because its new. You can roam around in free cam.

Work, will write more maybe later.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: FOG OF WAR free edition

The collisions. I threw a German nade and it just hit the fence in front of me but only the bottom of the nade hit it. It kept going like it would in RL only not as far as it would have if it hadn't hit it, like RL. If I'm not mistaken that nade would have stopped or gone through like it didn't hit in most games. That actually happened 3 times, once it hit solid and stopped. They also bounce more and you can see the thing spinning like you would a real tater masher if you threw it.

Unlike most games the higher you set the video settings the easier it is to see the enemy, you can't get rid of the grass, as far as I can tell. It has bots until you get more players in game but not many.

Things you don't get for free are like the mg 42. I didn't even see an AT weapon listed so maybe not in game yet. I saw a tank sitting but not usable.

Like I said earlier and I tried it again just now, no extra zoom for holding down the right mouse button. It makes mp 40's more valuable IMO until you get out to a longer distance but the rifle is as hard to hit with as it would be in RL from much distance.

Anyway, it was fun. If no one buys the alpha it will likely die out. I think its 9 bucks.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.