Yesterday
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merry Christmas and old stories

He was old an kinda fat and just a little grouchy but if you'd offered our family a million dollars for that old dog, poor as we were, we'd have kept the dog. My brother came home from California for Christmas and it had been a long time since Snoopy had seen Ted but he knew him before he smelled him, as he walked up the drive Snoop started wagging like crazy, "its Ted its Ted I haven't seen him in forever" was what he looked like. Ted grabbed him up, which Snoop usually didn't like and hugged him.

A day later we went for a walk up in the forest behind the house, Snoop went with us, we walked up the mountain. Not much of a mountain really, don't know if it would really qualify as one. On the way back we kept having to stop and wait on Snoop, he had to rest or something, mostly he didn't like us looking after him like he was old so he wouldn't walk while we looked at him. So we quit looking at him and we didn't notice until we got home he wasn't following us. We looked but couldn't find him and he didn't come home for 3 days.

Christmas morning was kinda sad at the start, dog we'd loved since we got him as a pup was gone. My mother cooked Christmas dinner and out of some sort of weird faith that he'd show up she made Snoop a plate of turkey and grave and mashed potatoes, heck she may have even put some cranberry sauce on it, he'd eat anything she put in front of him. She fixed him a plate every year since we had been little. The mom is almost always any pets favorite person. She once sewed him up with needle and thread after he got into a fight with coyotes and never growled once.

Well she set that plate out by the doghouse and there he was, she said he smelled her cooking Christmas dinner and wasn't going to miss it. Suddenly the day was bright and wonderful again like it was supposed to be.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Merry Christmas and old stories

Years later, Bob, our dog, disappears, kinda, my brother goes out drinking on the forest service roads behind our house and takes Bob with him. So he thinks Bob must know where he is at and he lets him out because he is going to someones house. My brother had been driving around for hours and Bob has no idea where he is at when Joe says "get out" 500 yards behind our house. Joe figures Bob knows where he is at but Bob doesn't.

Back story, 10 months before , PUP, moms favorite dog of all time, is accidentally killed by my cousin Tina. PUP is the only name he ever had, HE WAS PUP. So Mom doesn't want any other dog even though I know she does, she wants PUP back, PUP who when she was walking in the woods, STOPPED!. would not let her by and she cursed him, "DAMMIT PUP LET ME BY" but he would not. It was then she looked at what he was looking at and saw a snake 6 inches across going across the path she was walking. PUP would have fought the snake, for mom, but fighting it for no reason he would not do, unless he had to. It was then he became Mom's favorite of all time. I can't get PUP back so I get Bob from a animal rescue place.

I didn't know how Bob had been abused until one night outside I pick up a 2x4 and Bob growls at me. I always though that scar on his hip was him being hit by a car but it was someone hitting him with a board. The scar was gone by then, covered by hair but if you tried to pick him up you knew his hip hurt cause he growled at everyone except Mom.

So Bob is gone cause my brother screwed up. We go to our uncles to see what he thinks. He knows more about dogs then we ever could have. He says "he probably trailed Joe's truck as far as he could and then went back to where he was let out at". So I walked outside and started yelling his name. A few minutes later I see his big black *** running across that field as fast as he could. He was going back to heaven, which was what is was like to be my mothers dog. I cry every time I think of this.

Bob was a trained duck dog, I did the hand signals to him when I would throw something he couldn't find, then he would get it. I don't know who beat him but I do know this, if that ****er doesn't reside in hell, well God is more merciful than even the Bible says. All that little SOB was was love, that was all he did, he loved. Most folks didn't deserve him, back then, I damn sure didn't. He did everything he could to replace PUP and he bygod succeeded. Mom got mad at me for bringing home after PUP died but I knew she had to have another one and Bob lived till she died. I brought him to my house and my wife said "he keeps whining about his leg" so I took him to the local vet, who does mostly cows and she didn't have time but she felt his leg and said' he has an infection, he'll be fine".

I'd forgotten how old he was by then, when I took him to the other vet and the girl asked me his age, I said 14. She said 14!, cause country dogs don't live that long and I said yes 14. Well the doc cut his leg open when he couldn't figure out what was going on and then he put him to sleep. He called me and said "I thought it was just an infection but he had cancer all through his leg and even into his chest, he should have been dead". He lived until mom no longer needed him, she was dead by then. Screw it all I'm a crying baby now.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.