Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWII Shapur, War for Oil <--This new scenario works

https://www.file-upload.com/users/Bailing_Out/

https://files.fm/u/b89922pp That might work better.

Put the files inside a file named--> Its%20An%20Oily%20Reality.Shapur_BAF <-- in your --> Other Profiles\YOUR NAME\MPMissions. Unless your MP mission are saved to a different spot.

I haven't published yet. ONE OF YOU try to download this, I am not sure but I may have signed up with a file service that tries to charge but I think its free unless I want to charge for files, which of course would be stupid, I know its free for me.

Anyway, The US is trying to take the Shapur oil facility from the Germans. I had put about 100 triggers on there to cause Zeus lightning strikes but after running around on the map for a few minutes and having the lightning striking fairly often I took them out. It is a hard rain storm with the regular game lightning, its close to dark but it won't ever get there. I took out almost all the modern stuff, you can still see the modern power lines, could not see a way to get rid of them but I did take out their modern power poles. No planes so you really won't see them much. The 50's era poles and lines remain.

I had many weird ideas for this, the Zeus thing was the last one I rejected. Only 5 loadouts, no medic, though you can get most things including a medkit out of the ammo boxes. 2 SMG loadouts for each side, I want driveby shootings since you can shoot out of most of the spots in the vehicles and bomb throwing since all the units are set to political radio show host mode LOL, several have bombs anyway. Only 3 tanks, 1 sherman for the US and 1 PZIII for the Germans, 2 Stuarts for the US, FOW version, the other versions can have their treads shot off with pistols, FOW version has its problems but thats not one of them. 2 PZII's for the Germans.

I used all the crap I have borrowed from everyone I could find online that works, I wish the attach bomb and repair script worked on vehicles but maybe next time. Sector spawn points use only one trigger per side, How the hell did I miss the deactivation box when I was using 2. I used both ways to use Pierremgi's sector owned vehicle respawn trigger script. I used the show markers only to the side intended script. Can't remember where I got that. I saw several, only one worked now. You find all kinds of stuff that used to work in 2014 or 15.

I see "thanks man your script works great" and I want to travel back in time and tell that guy, "COME YOUR AZZ TO 2017 AND TRY THAT SCRIPT BOY".

Maybe the minefield I made needs to go but I saw it as a way to NOT spend a month learning to lock and unlock sectors. The way I did it the back capping shouldn't begin until after the US takes 2 sectors and then in that area, they can both back cap but if you got your Kubel or Jeep gunners ready, they aint doin shet. The minefield suddenly gets a hole in it (marked on the map) after that as well. That is the one marker I can't make only one side visible since I used the trigger to marker script I found somewhere else and it can't be made to do that, hell you can't even rotate the marker. Maybe that should say I can't rotate that marker.

Oh and you cannot just delete mines of any kind with a trigger saying delete, foreach thislist, won't work, I had to name 20 something mines and put their names in the trigger to delete them. I thought set damage would sure work but something about them being that close to the ground screws it up.

Give it a look and if you want to change something, do it, just change the name of the scenario. I hope to fix another pair of scenarios where one works and the other works better very soon.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 12-15-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: WWII Shapur, War for Oil <--This new scenario works

Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is 2WD****|ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I subscribed to it, but im having trouble finding it in the game

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to your ARMA install directory, steam/steam apps/common/arma 3/mp missions, not the documents directory, maybe thats it. Also, if your play the game or edit in windowed mode some maps will not show up.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read the Grant is going to be put into the DAK tanks list soon. Will replace the sherman I got in Shapur now when it does.

Some of this stuff will not download until you restart steam and the game, some will download and install right away like this, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1088231264 . That hides all regular arma 3 stuff in the editor which hopefully will stop me from screwing up scenarios.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok the spawn points on Shapur do not all work will fix later.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped editing for more than a month, I burned out and was screwing up every thing i did in the editor, NOW THIS SCENARIO IS ACTUALLY FIXED AND WORKS.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now one part of it doesn't work. So far no luck in getting the conditional vehicle respawns to work again. I'm gonna try for a little while then give the hell up on it. Maybe remaking them completely will work but thats unlikely. Some game or mod update has done this I guess.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I get off work will try to reuse some old ones I had made and save. Sometimes this works when fixing something screwed up by an update because my saved compositions aren't touched by the updates.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah nothing works.