Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My new scenario

A big battle in WWII on Malden (maybe too big), it is somewhat similar to Sicily in the Patton movie. You can slug it out up the coast road or in this scenario you can go for the general headquarters and take many German respawn tickets (you still need to take some of the other sectors to have the ticket bleed).

This has select-able load outs on the spawn screen, 12 of them. The repair with a toolkit script doesn't work anymore (just recently that happened) so I left it out but the map/scenario has repair and rearm zones put into it and they work, when you hear the earthquake sound (25 seconds) you're fixed and loaded. Ambush zones with spawn points and some weapons/vehicles for the Germans as the US attacks. Spawn in vehicles tested, worked. I almost forgot medics somehow but remembered. Only someone with a medkit can revive and you bleed out in 1 minute 30 seconds

It has 3 tiny safe zones for the planes, I just didn't want them knocked out before they could have even a chance to start down the runway. Safe zones work ok, if you go in you can't shoot out at unsafe people.

None of my stuff is ever made of stone, the load outs are easily changed. Every vehicle can be moved, won't break it. Except do not put a trigger that disables something over the icon of a sector. It has NO AI, I don't do AI but if you know how you can add them. I don't do zeus, you can add it somehow I suppose.

The way I made it you got what you got when the battle starts and you aint gettin more.

One other DON'T DO. Do not change/lessen the respawn time, it would allow the resistance/the US to spawn at round start in places they don't own yet. I found no way of changing this except for removing the spawn wagons from those places and that screws it all up, its only 15 seconds anyway. The spawn wagons spawn first, then hide and that process takes 14 seconds. Show hide is on a one time trigger, they won't hide again. If the Germans steal them and drive them into their own sectors they will basically be taking in a Trojan Horse, knowing it could be full of Trojans and vice versa with the German spawn wagons for the US.

This scenario has some vehicles that only respawn when you have the nearby sector thanks to Peirremgi, I changed what he did somewhat but without him I'd be stuck with show hide for all of it, or lock unlock. I also thank some whose names I can't remember but it is many people who posted into the forums at BIS and Armaholic, many of whom are really no longer active in ARMA3. SAYUNKL for all his youtube efforts I do remember, thanks.

I'm going to publish it soon, want to come up with a name first. "Patton movie Sicily on Malden" seems like a crappy name. Will upload the folder somewhere and post it here, to me having the mission folder as it set in the editor is easier to see how someone did something.

The most complicated thing I've ever done is this scenario. Even if no one ever plays it, doing these keeps my mind sharp.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: My new scenario

Previous post
    Except do not put a trigger that disables something over the icon of a sector.
    Hell I didn't it realize but I just figured out how to lock and unlock sectors without a bunch of damn scripts
    Won't be doing it on this scenario but later, especially on smaller maps, will be useful.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some change in one of the WWII mods has messed up my scenario. I do not know if I am going to get over this. I am pissed off, if its just a uniform thing, I am fine but if it goes farther than that I may be done ****ing with this ****., I spent a very long time on this scenario and I ****ed with it in DETAIL, in much detail. I am not going to keep doing that. Hell I can do modern combat and have a assload of good times without this ****. They deleted something and that is all I know, they can go **** themselves. No good sons a bithces.

I caint edit or publish right now and I am pissed.

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, blind firepower is goin gthrough the same thing trying to keep the maps we have working as there was a falling out between mod makers and some of them took their ball and went home crying so to speak. So some stuff got removed and borked it al up sorry

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Obergrenadier
    Last Online
    06-28-2019
    Country
    This is Blind Firepower's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I feel your pain. I've had to go in and make changes to our Liberation scenarios nearly every time they do an IFA3 update. We used to rely less on the FoW assets, so wasn't as big a deal when they changed, but now they're the 'go to' for all of the US footsoldiers... so that means even more fun in the future.

Oh, and the FoW vehicles use a different configuration system than IFA3. Now not only did the authors take their marbles and go home, they've apparently either decided that their toys will no longer be fully compatible, or they're just in a rush to get half-baked (though good-looking) fecal matter out the door. Either way...

The thing that I have to keep telling myself in all of this, is that unlike DayZ... this stuff was free. Complaining about free stuff is, well...

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complaining about free stuff is what the inter-nets was created for!

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I need to take out the FOW stuff and not bother with it. Well its only 42 or 50,000 lines to search through of the mission.sqm file and they can be replaced with Geist stuff. ATOM should be able to do that. I won't be using anymore of their stuff.

I doubt I'm the only person to get drunk and betch about free stuff

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what the editor says is missing. Said it was deleted the first time now it just says it is missing.

WW2_Core_c_Optional_HideFromEditor_ClothingWeapons Items_c

Hell I don't even know where to begin to look for what that includes to get rid of it all. Or optionally where to get that file.

All that damn thing does is hide vanilla arma 3 stuff, now that I found some info on it. I do not know how it could have been deleted.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 12-04-2017 at 12:15 AM.

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Obergrenadier
    Last Online
    06-28-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds like an IFA3 file. May just want to triple-check your IFA3 is updated/verfied.

And I dunno that I'd abandon FoW... their stuff is nice (nicer than IFA3), and they're pumping out content faster than anyone else at this point... it just needs some polishing, but I don't think you're going to find their selection of US and Japanese materiel anywhere else.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was going to dump their stuff if it was the cause of this but it is not.

I have no idea how to check that file aside from getting rid of it and resubscribing to it. I suppose that should fix it, unless they got rid of that file in an update.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying the repair option in the launcher first, did not work. It calls it an addon, like its by itself but when I search it I find this for one thing
    http://ww2ina3.com/wiki/index.php?title=WW2_Changelog

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Obergrenadier
    Last Online
    06-28-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That file, optional hidden stuff, rings a bell from early on IFA3 where they had some addons you could either install or not, depending on what you wanted in your virtual arsenal or something like that. I never played with them, just remember reading something about why they were there.

Can you just delete the reference to it/them in the mission file? I had to do that once with some of the Russian Liberation mod stuff that got a mission infected cuz I had it the mod running while I opened a mission, even without using any of its assets -- big PITA mistake...

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna try that since the mission sqm is the only file that mentions the addons and mods. I may try to add that in or to pull out the requirement, whichever works. I had to sleep 12 hours after work so I haven't looked at anything today.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay I found that file in the mission sqm file. 3 times. Screw it just going to take it out and see what happens.

Nope, throws an error and loads nothing but an empty map.

Renumbering class items so it doesn't leave and empty number. Doesn't work, it must be referred to somehow elsewhere in the mission sqm file
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 12-05-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wondering if I should kill the loadouts, just remove the file actually, replace it with a generic one. Didn't work, apparently no way to recover from this error.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted over at the game forums asking exactly which mod has that file? or whatever it is so I delete it and resubscribe to it. it is a missing file, the others similar to it are also mentioned 3 times in the mission sqm file just like it was.

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Obergrenadier
    Last Online
    06-28-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gift that keeps giving...

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a much simpler on going right now, I know I am using much of the same stuff but so far no errors or lockouts.

Sharpur, I am not going to take out all of what looks a bit too modern. It has a giant minefield and a smaller one instead of trying to lock the sectors. I've had no luck with that.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They don't have a bunch of desert camo for the US as far as tanks go, except for the sherman, so I looked at using the winter paint scheme and it works pretty good. Oh hell they don't really have what I want in that either.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 12-08-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I know what went wrong with the Malden map scenario. I think I tried to use a modern repair specialist to make one in WWII, re-clothing him in WWII a uniform and stuff but when I did that it still didn't work. He is still in the mission sqm file somewhere.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found a copy of the Malden battle that didn't screw up, or I accidentally fixed it, or it fixed itself. Whatever when I get up later I will test again and publish.