03-02-2019
    Country
    This is Hiltz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old battlefield 1942 style maps?

Would it be possible to make a map similar to the original Battlefield 1942 maps for Arma3? If we could recreate some of those maps maybe WaW tornaments might have a new lease of life. I would love to see a Battle of the Bulge style map played again.
    Last edited by Hiltz; 11-13-2017 at 10:47 PM.

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Obergrenadier
    Last Online
    06-28-2019
    Country
    This is Blind Firepower's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Old battlefield 1942 style maps?

Wake? That one is done in a modern theme, but there's a new map placeable that hides objects... so if someone were to go in and remove all the metal buildings, plastic porta-potties, and ATMs...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=339479337

World at War
    British Company Officer
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    03-02-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would I go about transferring the height map from a BF1942 map to arma 3?

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/m...nario=1&map=34

This map? I couldn't find one for fh2, just fh1942

World at War
    British Company Officer
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    03-02-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats the one Val. It would be great to play that again in an updated arma 3 style. I have been messing with the arma 3 editor and noticed there is a Battle of the Bulge map in there which has some potential. I will see if i can work out how to make it into a simple conquest map.

Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is what I am doing but not that map. It takes longer than I thought.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my first, extremely simple conquest map. I will one day fix its problems, they aren't bad problems.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=814879687

When you have an in game bicycle and it catches fire, get away, it is going to explode. I didn't put any on that map yet.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 11-15-2017 at 02:30 AM.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

World at War
    British Company Officer
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    03-02-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn this is frustrating. Does anyone know how to make spawn points under the control of whoever owns the sector near to them?
    To put it another way, whoever captures a sector can then spawn in that vicinity until it changes hands again whereupon the new owner can then spawn there. It can't be that hard..... can it?

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bailing out had beat his head against the wall trying to figure arma stuff out. I'm afraid I don't know jack **** about this stuff.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]TA Hiltz View Post
    Damn this is frustrating. Does anyone know how to make spawn points under the control of whoever owns the sector near to them?
    To put it another way, whoever captures a sector can then spawn in that vicinity until it changes hands again whereupon the new owner can then spawn there. It can't be that hard..... can it?
    Yes I know how but I am going to work in a few minutes. I will post tomorrow. None of it is that hard once you see it or my old dumb azz couldn't do any of it.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World at War
    British Company Officer
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    03-02-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good work Bailing, I'm almost there with the spawning mullarkey now. Just a couple of glitches. A) The Independents can spawn on flags not owned by them. Could this be down to the naming of them as "independent" in the trigger condition? BLUFOR are "west", what should independent be?

B) Is there a way of choosing your spawn location/sector?

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Independent is what they are in those trigger conditions. Blufor and opfor aren't used in the trigger conditions. In the triggers it is East, West and Independent.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More stuff here.
    http://www.bfewaw.com/showthread.php?t=292937
    It is the way to have your vehicles only respawn when your side owns the nearby sector named in the condition of the trigger involved.