12-06-2019
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

College Football

The best thing about college football Saturday night was, Texas lost and made USC look bad in the process.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: College Football

Musings on the Hogs v A&M

The hogs are actually driving the ball down the field and scoring close in but still haven't run it in from inside the 5.

Freshmen quarterbacks are the most unpredictable beings on earth. Monde is gonna be good and you can't tell right now what he is going to do. He may blow it or he may run for 70 or throw for 70.

Hogs offense still needs work, the line is better but it looks like some unusual pulls and stuff down close.

Monde scored, A&M got ripped off. It happens to everybody though, it usually evens out, the ref saw a foot go out but it was a Razorback foot that stepped out.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The screen pass needs to be dead to the Hogs, they run them too much, they've been a big time screen team since Felix Jones was here, he was a master of it. Actually we weren't doing as much, probably not enough and now were doing it too much.

The Big Play, its what usually kills the Hogs against A&M and it is doing it again.

Hayden needs to get to run the ball more. Coaches don't like running freshmen very much but he's different. They tend to fumble more is why. Or it is more of the confusion we've been hearing about, confusion about who needs to be in the game. Anyway he needs the damn ball.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Razorbacks have changed up on the play action pass, instead of keeping the running back in to block they've started having him go out to leave Allen someone to throw to short if the rush gets to him. The rush is getting to him and has all day. Got to keep running the ball.

Cornielius is hurt, our only experienced wide receiver. He gets open, the others haven't learned how yet.

Allen is holding the ball too long.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They keep coming back, now if they can just NOT give up another big play. up 36-33

They have become more imaginative in the play calling this game, actually throwing out of the I formation and running more reverses and stuff.

And another big play gets them but time is left.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overtime with A&M has been unkind to us, again.

The offense looks mostly fixed though. We at least have a deep threat, who can get open and catch. Now the other receivers have to get in the game. F**K.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This week the Hogs D line can play with Auburn, they had a hard time with Bama. The defense is going to keep them in the game until they get tired.

Cole Kelly has yet to learn not to GUN the damn ball on every throw. He had the first down when he threw it to Nance but he threw it low and hard so Nance couldn't catch it and got nailed. He has to find someone else to throw to, they are watching Nance all the time, they know how good he is. He gets open but if he always gets the ball he's gonna get hurt.

The D will get tired, I've been there, best Defense (you can tell an old defensive player cause he capitalizes defense sometimes) I ever played on was my last year in high school, our offense sucked and we would eventually wear down.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De"veon Warren (sorry kid i can't spell ur name right probably) goes 100 to the house to make it 34_13 Auburn. The D has done all it can, Cole has to learn to throw which means he needs to play the rest of the year except for the last 2 ballgames which I would give to Austin Allen. Who I think might have beaten Auburn but he's hurt.

Thankfully Notre Dame is knocking USC out of thew playoff picture. They are good but not good enough and shouldn't be in it. Some Kitten, Fred is messing up my typing, which is bad enough without him. I'm glad my wife decided we needed kittens but she gripes more than me about the things they do.

Anyway for the first time in my life I can remember the Hogs don't have and offensive line in total, they have 3, they need at least 4.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soy un perdedor
    I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me

That is how the morning sports show here in Arkansas is opening each segment of the show. Brett Beilema is or should be gone at the end of the year. Hell last year some guy offered to buy out his contract and that was when they buyout was close to 12 million. If we lose to Coastal Carolina, he won't last out the year IMO.

You can tell things are bad when the states biggest newspaper pays its lawyers to take the coaches contract apart and tell everyone exactly how much it would cost to get rid of him at the end of this season. The lawyers verdict, 5.8 million. The coach's lawyers may have a different opinion but that can be hashed out in court.

Soy un perdedor

Our best lineman, Frank Ragnow, played out the Aurburn game with a high ankle sprain but decided Sunday it was time to call it a year. Johnny Gibson, who was a walk on, has to keep playing hurt if he is to make the pros. They keep moving Johnny around trying fill holes but wherever you take him from becomes a hole. Now Paul "the flag factory" Ramirez will play every down.

Soy un perdedor

I never thought I'd be pining away for Houston Nutt but bygod I caught myself doing that this morning. I was going to punish myself for it but then I thought "hell no, we were mediocre to good when Houston was here and I'd like to have that back". We went to the SEC championship game a couple of times, WE ALWAYS HAD LINEMEN WHO WERE GOOD AT LEAST IF NOT GREAT. If Houston would promise to act like a damn adult and not do all that pouting and **** he did at times I think many would welcome him back. When Cam Newton used to pout his first 2 years in the pros I would look at him and say "acting like Houston Nutt is not going to pay off Cam".

Soy un perdedor

Houston never went to Texas and told the high school coaches there that they played "puzzy ball". Turn those z's around boys. Kinda ruined that pipeline we had coming from Texas.

Oh and we also lost our fastest running back Chase Hayden

Soy un perdedor

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iowa St., where undefeated seasons go to die.

Hogs came back and beat Ole Miss. I was asleep during most of the game. I woke up and the hogs were down 31-7, went back to sleep figuring since in the 2nd quarter it was going like that there'd be a 1pm news conference on Monday announcing Beilema was going to be fired. Woke up again and I hear Chuck Barret on the radio say the score was 31-28. I start to go back to sleep but the Hogs are driving so I get up. Ole Miss suks.

In the middle of the Georgia Florida game someone in power in Florida let it be known that the coach, Jim Mcelwain is gone, they are going to use the lie he told death threats as a way to get out of paying 13 million bucks. They even said who the interim will be. Only in the SEC is the coach basically fired during a game. Usually during a game everyone is behind the coach, but he was getting his azz handed to him by Georgia, LOL he was so far behind no one was behind him.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs beat Coastal Carolina, a first year 1A/FBS school, who has a backup head coach, (the other one is out because of a very serious surgery) with a backup quarterback, on the Hogs home field, 39-38. Let me tell you something, If Johnny Gibson, Razorback offensive lineman, doesn't recover the running backs fumble as he's going into to score, on the 1, the hogs lose. Johnny Gibson saved Brett Beilema's job for another week.

The official post game show affiliated with the University is all "we won". The one that comes on after that is like "this is no victory, we only scored more points than they did, we didn't beat them, the coach needs to go". I'm finally in agreement with them totally.

TJ Hammonds is young and kinda small but he is the most talented player on the offense, until today he had 18 carries, none versus Bama or Auburn, he was playing wide receiver officially but until today no catches and wasn't in that much, Chuck tell us on the radio when he's in cause Chuck Barret knows and the color guy Quinn Grovey knows how fast and how good he is but apparently the coaches don't. I've shown videos of Joe Adams when he was here thats who TJ is only he is a natural running back, Joe was more of a do everything guy but mostly a wide receiver.

They don't play him, not enough anyway. I know he's young and I know he's only 195 pounds but dammit Houston Nutt did not want to play a true freshman who was basically a wide receiver, Matt Jones at quarterback but the SOB was a winner on the field and TJ doesn't have Matt's coke problem off the field. Houston played him though, cause he was a damned winner on the field, Matt's over his coke problem I've heard. Matt was a horrible practice player, Houston figured that out and decided to hell with practice, he didn't even let Matt throw in practice for fear of wearing what little arm he had out.

Anyway I saw Houston visibly wince on the sidelines when Matt would do something, I bet his butt puckered so much he couldn't crap for a week after that pass, he threw across his body, back into the middle of the field, while running in the 7 overtime Kentucky game. It was not intercepted, it was complete. They showed an iso shot of Houston during the play after the play, it was hilarious. Matt had no arm but he could get it done.

TJ is little and young but he can get it done. Today he had 7 carries for 119 yards and a td and 1 catch for 60 and a td. This coach doesn't see it and if he can't see that he needs to go.

Also I can't believe the teams Iowa State loses to after having 2 wins against top 5 teams.