Country
    This is Rallez's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestion: More moderators for the Arma 3 server

Hello WaW, and the players out there.

I've been playing a lot on your Arma 3 server.

Its smooth, and the maps are great. (GJ!!)

I have one suggestion though; We need more admins on the server. I for one, have encountered hackers, trolls, racism, people running around killing civilians (which messes with the ingame economy).
    - And there is nobody to stop them.

I would gladly help oversee things with the arma 3 server. Being a server owner myself, i do have a lot of techincal server knowledge. Maybe have somekind of application form. Apply informations you need answered, and let your players submit to them. I've met a few guys who comes on regulary, that also could fit the role of moderating the server.

I don't know who is modding it atm, but I'm pretty sure those guys could tell me, if they think the server is moderated enough atm ?

Server rocks when people are on, and everything is calm .

Kind regards,

Rallez
    Arma 3 Player.

Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Suggestion: More moderators for the Arma 3 server

I haven't played on the server in awhile, I do not like the bot game, I agree with this though since many of the people who used to be on there who were admins aren't playing as much. Some of that is due to the time of year, WAW is not as active as it used to be during the summer and some of that is due to this place not being as active with old members as it used to be. I am still around but like I said I do not play on most any servers, I'm usually am editing multiplayer scenarios when I'm messing with ARMA and I could't admin anything without lessons. Their is the additional problem with me drinking on the weekends and I might admin the hell out of someone or something.

Thing is, you Rallez, need to be around on TS more than I've seen you. Then people get to know you and trust you. If you are using a different name on team speak than this one then I am wrong. Anyway, they generally do not give admin to people they don't know.

We do need more moderators if people are going to play on our servers. The ones with the most players are admined, moderately. The one that aren't played either suck or are admined to death or not admined at all.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    07-05-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Bailing!

Thanks for replying.

And that's totally normal, about the "inactivity" - I've been in a few communities, and the really old ones, like WaW. Well they tend to go a few gears down, and its the core of the memebers left. Which is also cool, a tight brotherhood.
    - But when you have some awesome servers running, they need to be active, because that ain't only the WaW members using it. 90% of the population is your users. And thats why its necessarily (spelling?) that we have just some moderation.

I for one are from Europe, and many players are from europe and america. So, maybe timezone moderation is also a factor, so when europeans is on, there are no moderation because most admins are state sided etc .

I'm sorry for not being much on the TS, I've been on a few times, idling in the 'Arma 3 Server Pub Play Iron Front 44'. Sadly though, i haven't been able to attract players to join me on TS. So instead of sitting there, and do nothing. I tend just to use VOID ingame.
    - But i see what you mean, and i'll stay around more.

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is 2WD****|ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm off for holiday, but it's been myself and Blind Firepower who have been doing any pub admin. And not that much of it for myself in fac, I'm only one evenings east coast and I let the chat log run most of the time. If I see something egregious in chat, I sometimes intercede. I think blind firepower is west coast so I think he mightbe on later than I.

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there are some WaW vets who play arma 3 regularly, maybe they would step up and help police the server. There also may be special Zeus roles( much power requires much responsibility!) beyond the current missions "liberation:1944" limited commander role.
    Last edited by 2WD****|ValHallas; 08-10-2017 at 07:29 PM.

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Obergrenadier
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is 2WD/|Blind Firepower's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eastern US here as well, I'm just up late most nights!

World at War
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is 2WD*|FEG-E-LEIN's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, i have only changed the map whenever i've had time (Which hasn't been much lately due to RL/Otherstuff) in my honest opinion, we need more moderators and admins. 3-4 admins/moderators is just simply not enough to manage a public server, even though it isn't exactly the biggest server in ArmA.

I've seen alot of PMs about people asking for the map to be reset and that there are trolls messing stuff up and so on, unfortunately most of the time i have seen these messages, it has already been far too late for me to be able to do anything about it. Unfortunately, that's just how it is with the timezones and that's that, i won't stay up to 6 A.M. just so i can admin an ArmA server, i am not that desperate.

Anyway, about the people not using TS, encourage them to join TS if they are able to, if they say no or have some other reason why they can't then oh well, that's just how it is going to be. The important part is that people get on and use it actively whenever possible, it's not there just to look pretty.

But just to make my point clear here, we need more admins/moderators and we need to encourage people to use TS.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More active type members is what is needed. Used to be more but the gaming world has split up into many games. Most people just play them, they don't want squat to do with with either managing a server or damn sure not a campaign/tournament. People get old or older and busier. I got old but I try to stay lazy LOL. They either think I cannot devote that much time to it or I shouldn't since it is just a game and it is. But look at some of the other stuff that takes up time and you could do the "its just this or that" to many things. It just pron LOL I shouldn't devote that much time or hard drive space to it. Switch the R and the O if you don't get that. I say that about work all the time.

ARMA 3 WWII IMO is the game if we ever did another campaign. it is easy to make a battle on on a map, several maps exist that are large enough to make at least 2 different battles on. More maps are being made, all shared freely which as those of us who've been here awhile wasn't always the case in other games. Usually it was. Someone makes a unit or a weapon and they publish it, you can use it. Yeah I'm sure certain uses would bring protest but we'd never do that so we'd never hear a protest.

The only thing is, and this is a good thing in a way, we have so much that it takes up enormous amounts of space. I haven't even gone into finding individual tanks, yet. I will soon enough if they aren't put into the huge mods that already exist pretty soon.

The next version will be a world map type thing, hopefully it will have destructible terrain like 3 was supposed to have. I saw vids of 3 having ACTUAL CRATERS but that is not what happened. That is another rant I won't go into now. I will type Melvin's response to that last sentence right now, THANK GOD. Paaski would type the same thing if he still hung out here, he used to try to stem the tides of my rants now and then when he was here.

Those rants were passionate/angry 7 to 10 paragraph things, about politics usually, also usually 2 different long asz post in the same thread if not more. I now hate politicians so much that I don't even type on other forums about them much anymore. I don't care which side you're on, if you don't hate your politicians then you aren't paying attention to them much. In a way I don't blame you for not paying attention either.

If I worked 1st shift I'd learn it but working 3rd means I'm gone during the most active times on the server. I cannot work first shift because too much management on that shift and I don't always work for well or play well with others. I can sneak around and get crap done on 3rd that I wouldn't be able to do on 1st and whether they believe it or not me doing the things I do is better for them even if it is against the rules. I can also yell at machines with a white hot passion on 3rd shift and the other workers know I'm not yelling at them. Home is where they understand you.

- - - Updated - - -

Only 6 paragraphs in that one, we all win. This one does not count. It wasn't a rant anyway. But if you read what is in the spoiler in my sig and think about the fact it was written by Jacques Elull in 1975 and you think about the crap going on now then I suppose this could be a rant.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 08-12-2017 at 05:13 AM.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a natural progression would be having a well populated and well moderated pubby running a PvE scenario. Next logical step would be PvE Zeus ops, where one or more people control the scenario and AI. Maybe, and just maybe, true PvP campaign style could come after that

World at War
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we first have to get our server organized, we can't start building a building if there is nothing to build it on now can we? I'm still keeping with what i originally said, we need more admins, if not admins, moderators, we need people to gain interest in using our TS and we need to recruit more active members who are willing to put time into our community (which is, as Bailing said, kinda not the trend anymore nowadays) however we still have to get people in and maybe with some luck, we get people who enjoy doing things actively with this community.

If we won't do this, people are going to keep dropping off and losing interest in this community. Nobody with any sanity left wants to stay on a sinking ship, and i'd say this one is 3/4 full of water already.
    If we want to bring this community back from the abyss of the internet, we have to start doing things more actively again, and i know that i am saying that as the guy who has done most likely the least here during the last 8 months, but that doesn't, hopefully, make any of my words less meaningful in the end.

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH, WaW is just a few games on a server these days, nothing more. I think if a few vets can act like map team pansies and keep the arma3 server fresh and interesting, let's see where the momentum will bring us.

World at War
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but to be quite honest, in my opinion we should not rely on vets getting off their asses and starting to actually work as administrators on game that most of them have never played/are interested in.
    I think we really need to focus on recruiting people as members and moderators/admins from the server who are interested in the continuation of the community
    All we can do now is to get more admins/moderators and form a community around the server so we have a solid base on which to grow on again.

Also like i said earlier, encourage people to use our TS more.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoping for guys who've become uninterested/vets who've left to do something is stupid. I can be taught and only do it while I'm awake during the week, the weekends would be a mess. I don't like coop at all so I would only admin. Some people are band wagoners and if you get the band wagon going they will join and do stuff. I've been on dead band wagons at work but I finished off the ride, most people won't do that. For those who've never worked a factory or plant job the dead band wagon is when your lines product has basically died and your only doing for the few who are buying it until they rig your line up for the next product.

Done that twice now at work, it is kinda sad in a way, it is like what you were doing is being rejected when basically all it is is that they got tired of the product. The second time is right now.

I do not think WAW is dead yet but if it is I will ride it out, I won't run off to Hostile Takeover until it is gone.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 08-13-2017 at 05:42 AM.

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Wir3tap's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will see about making a google application form for more arms 3 admins. I'll see if I can get it done today for ya. WaW is not completely dead, however if we don't get some donations we will be lol. So if you guys on the arma 3 server can get some advertising out for donations that would be great! We are currently down -$25 from last month. We would need at least donations of $75 to break even for next payment.

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://goo.gl/forms/fqjA0Ntk1myG439b2

There we go, Application complete

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Obergrenadier
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is 2WD/|Blind Firepower's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice! (the app part, not the money part!)

Last Online
    07-05-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back in my Arma 2 days. I played in a clan called UNA. And we were part of a campagin on chernarus. Were EAST and WEST had to take over the land. I think we had like 30-40 vs 40 ish. Battles were massive. And quite fun. And like Hallas said, its not that hard really. Because people are quite good at being immersive (meaning we don't have to editing a massive mission. Only the spawn points etc)

I think i might be able to help with the server part. I'm in good relation to the owner of Vilayer. And i might be able to sort something out about the game server. Or maybe even some other goodies (webhosting etc).

I've submitted a application Wiretap .

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have tried Vilayer, not the greatest of systems. We actually tried 2 different servers, pretty much ruined our PRoject Reality campaign. We won't be moving boxes or anything like that. Just need the people who play to think about donating.

Last Online
    07-05-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well atleast it could be the final solution. They have optimized a lot since back in the days (yeah i remember!).

But i'll definitely suggest people on the server to help out. Because there is not a WW2 server like this. Most are bad, and we have to remember to sell the quality of this constellation (server and the scripts)