This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: NCAA Basketball and Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]CA|Melvin View Post
    Yes, but what would Sigmond say?

Congrats to the Hogs for making the series.

Good luck to the Longhorns and the Aggies.

Schedule: https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/baseball/d1/2022
    He'd probably say freude does not mean what I think it means
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve. LOL I was actually on the other side in a tournament against Forgotten Honor or whatever they were called. I think they/I won but I don't remember that. I WAS A TANKER FOR THEM LOL.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A&M and Texas both lose LOL. Hogs up 7-1 right now but these Stanford dudes don't quit, they need to score more. They are wearing out pitchers one after another which is good for us. At one time during this game they had thrown 3 times as many pitches as Arkansas pitcher Connor Noland had, it may be more now as the Hogs keep getting on base this inning.

Winning game one is a key to this thing, that losers bracket is place you want to stay out of.

When I think of the CWS I think of one night about midnight, losers bracket game, some kid is in pitching who had maybe pitched in 3 games all year, mid week games against lesser teams at that, team is out of other experienced pitchers and they were counting on him to go 2 or 3 innings and keep them from scoring much. He's working his asz off, sweating like crazy trying to deal with a situation he had never dealt with before but if I remember right he did okay.

But you want to watch other teams do that, not yours LOL

Its now 9-1, they still need to keep scoring IMO. They are batting 411 this game, they are batting 227 so it looks good
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve. LOL I was actually on the other side in a tournament against Forgotten Honor or whatever they were called. I think they/I won but I don't remember that. I WAS A TANKER FOR THEM LOL.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jebus, 17-2, Hogs batting 446, Stanford asked for a review of a play at first. Think they'd like to get out of the sun by now, its over.

Every Razorback batter had at least 2 hits. Turner had 4. Thats the guy the radio host got mad at and called a loser when he ran his mouth about how Razorback fans put too much pressure on the team. Radio host got suspended for a week and now people want him to insult other players and teams they favor . He's taking it good but he says he's not gonna do that for them.

Turner and the team have played like freaking champs since then
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 06-18-2022 at 09:49 PM.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
    He'd probably say freude does not mean what I think it means
    Sorry for the stupid joke. Sigmond's name is Freud, (no "e" on the end).
    Freude is German for joy, pleasure, delight according to Google translate.

So Texas Longhorns out and Aggies hanging on with one loss.

Congrats with Arkansas. They really pig piled on Stanford.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ole Miss kicked the Hogs Aszes, now to go to the championship series they have to win 3 in 3 days, not likely.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogs got one of the wins they need.

Only 2 games have been anywhere close in the whole series, within 4 runs, Hogs won by 10 today, so it seems if you get a 5 run lead you should win. Now that I've said that the rest of the games will be close.

Stovall goes 5 for 6, first Razorback to ever get 5 hits in a game in Omaha. They moved him to 2nd in the lineup, some people freaked thinking changing the lineup now was a mistake but he has changed the way he hits, he's more patient now. He's hitting like crazy. Like any of them knows as much about baseball as Dave van Horn knows.

I'd like to win it all of course but getting 2 wins there is pretty good.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say I hate to say it but I was right, it was a 3 to 2 game, no blow out, Hogs win. Zach Morris who couldn't get out of the 1rst inning two days ago comes in in the bottom of the 9th, 3 to 1 score, with the bases loaded, no one out, allows an infield single that scored a run but got the other 3 outs. Battles getting to that ball and stopping it from going into the outfield kept the tying run from scoring.

Ahh college baseball, where you can totally blow a start 2 days ago and then come in and save the teams asz.

Rebel head coach Bianco, gets mad as hell at his players in the 8th when, his SS over dove on a grounder to the hole that scored the 3rd run, then after Lanzilli surprised bunted getting a single he came out and yelled at his infielders but no more runs scored. He didn't position his 3rd baseman for the bunt so thats partly his fault if not mostly.

So, Hogs saved some pitchers by not using very many today so they got some left for tomorrow. Be real nice to knock out Ole Miss, those guys act like aszholes all the time, not as bad as Tennessee but still pretty bad.

Who knows who Dave starts tomorrow, IMO it was be Connor Noland but he may have other ideas. It could be one of those Johnny Bullpen games and will be anyway if things don't go well for the starter no matter who it is.