Country
    This is 2WD*|FEG-E-LEIN's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WW2_units_mas

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...htext=Massi+ww

"This addon adds WW2 weapons, units and dedicated equipment of US, UK, German, Italian, Japanese and Soviet Infantry.
    It's pretty basic and has no other requirement, just to have some fun.

Description.

This addon adds units, weapons and dedicated custom headgear, uniforms, vest and backpacks in order to represent US, UK, German, Italian , Japanese and Soviet WW2 units :

- US Army 101st Airborne Div.
    - US Army Rangers.
    - US Marine Corp Division (Pacific).
    - British Commandos.
    - British Special Air Service.
    - British Commandos (Africa).
    - British Special Air Service (Africa).
    - Soviet Infantry.
    - Wermacht Heer.
    - Wermacht Heer (Afrika Korps).
    - SS Waffen Grenadier.
    - Fallschirmjager.
    - Italian Infantry.
    - Italian Infantry (Africa).
    - Japanese Infantry (Pacific).

Weapons included: MP40, StG44, Kar98, Luger, MG42, Pzf60, Thompson, M1 Garand, M1 carabine, BAR, Lee Einfield, M1911, Browning HP, Sten, Bazooka, PPSH, Mosin Nagat, TT33, Beretta M34, Beretta MAB38, Carcano M91, Nambu, Arisaka, Type100.

I used web sources for them.

Features:

- Units are equipped with WW2 rifles and other weapons included in this pack.
    - Units are equipped with custom helmets, uniforms, vests, backpacks and headgear.
    - Mortar units for all factions.
    - High dispersion version for all units and groups, equipped with HD weapons for prolonged firefights.
    - Dedicated weapons/gear boxes.
    - Wide variety of groups in the editor to cover all tactical aspects.
    - Classlist included in install folder.
    - RHS/ZEUS/ACE3/ALIVE/CBA compatible.

Installation.

Put the addon in "mod folder" of your preference and load it trough steam app properties.

FACTION NAME (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_ww2_army_US , mas_ww2_army_UK , mas_ww2_army_GER , mas_ww2_army_RUS , mas_ww2_army_ITA , mas_ww2_army_JAP , mas_wwm_army_US (USMC) , mas_wwa_army_UK (Africa), mas_wwa_army_GER (Africa),
    mas_wwa_army_ITA (Africa)

FACTION NAME HIGH DISPERSION (TO USE IN ALIVE) : mas_ww2_army_US_hd , mas_ww2_army_UK_hd , mas_ww2_army_GER_hd , mas_ww2_army_RUS_hd , mas_ww2_army_ITA_hd , mas_ww2_army_JAP_hd , mas_wwm_army_US_hd (USMC) , mas_wwa_army_UK_hd (Africa), mas_wwa_army_GER_hd (Africa), mas_wwa_army_ITA_hd (Africa)

Requirements.
    - NONE.

ALL CREDITS are included in the readme inside install folder.

Regards
    massi"

Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: WW2_units_mas

I've had problems with Mas. It has conflicts with the other mods. I had to delete a scenario because of that. It and other mods will have the same weapon but they aren't the same exactly. Mas has not updated since June 2016. Have the other mods incorporated non-conflicted Mas into their stuff or not?
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't used MAS's units in awhile, mainly because most of the stuff you need for WW2 Fusterclucks is in IFA3 and Faces of War and it kinda defeats the purpose of this mod, speaking of which, there is another mod that i will put a post up about in the repository.

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is [WaW]ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i think the faces if war mod has a lot of this stuff. I've always thought the Pacific Theater of Operations doesn't get a lot of love in arma these days

World at War
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that you mention Feces of war, someone needs to make a post about it in the repository. Anyway, yeah, Feces of war has alot of good looking gear in it, if we ever get more mods into our server, it should definitely be included.

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's is a required mod right now on the server, the Omaha liberation map uses a few assets from it.

Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got Pacific, I haven't tried to use it yet although if it had what I wanted to use right now I would try it. I am getting error from either faces of war or WWII objects and I think it is faces, it says error #private like they didn't label some soldier correctly. It does this as the editor loads not when using any of the things in the mods. Some of what I have now have the ugly version of some rifles and the gear is F ed up on some soldiers.

Example, Instead of a German having 12 or 13 clips of K98 ammo he will have a few clips and then a 50 belt of K98 ammo which is wrong of course. But that being said some of the soldiers have the gear right and the same damn rifle is correct. How they f ed that up I don't know since I've never done what they do, I am guessing they updated without finishing all the soldiers out. Anyway, as long as I can find the one that gives the error and do not use it it will be fine. I am just not going to use the ugly ones or the 50 belts of rifle ammo and since I only do multiplayer I won't have the guns crewed anyway.

The assistant gunners seem to be a problem on one or two of the mods, they just aren't geared right but they are only needed for coop anyway.

Haven't looked at the Japanese soldiers much yet since I'm only doing Europe right now but the ones I did look at may have had an error or two, I was drinking by then and don't remember EXACTLY.

I do the best I can for an old guy who never used a computer at all until 99 and for a few years it was only playing games and of course pron. Pron sucked back then.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

World at War
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well fug, i heard the same thing from Blind yesterday, but the odd thing is that i can actually join the server without feces of war, which obviously doesn't make any sense considering it is supposed to be forced.

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think maybe just the mortar and one or two other things a used from it. We found that it was completely invisible if you didnt have the mod. Faces of War is pretty common if you play ifa3lite so most folks have it.

World at War
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it being so common, it was actually a good and working idea to put it onto the server, that's a different story with Liberation or GEIST though. Although they might have gotten more common since the last time we tried to implement them.