User Tag List

View Poll Results: What would you like to do?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lets rub off the dust, let's do FH2 and take on another group!

12 30.77%
  • RO2 has had some added things, such as Heroes of the West, lets do that again!

2 5.13%
  • Other Game

22 56.41%
  • Let's just hang it up, become a community area and say goodbye to the tournament aspect.

3 7.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    11-24-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Wir3tap's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you want to see next!

As we know all of us are wanting to get back into something, and while something comes up, it kinda fades away and we look to new adventures.

What would you like to do during the winter months coming ahead?

Respond with your suggestions below!
    Last edited by [WaW]CA|Wir3tap; 10-13-2016 at 12:38 PM.

World at War
    German Company Officer
    Axis 32 Hauptmann
    Last Online
    11-03-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD~~~|Danpoor's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What do you want to see next!

Bf1

World at War
    German Company Officer
    Axis 32 Hauptmann
    Last Online
    07-11-2019
    Country
    This is 2WD~~~|Lardagus's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BF1 with scripting to allow a more balanced match for both sides.

While it's not as modular or workable as are used to, we don't have many good (and popular) options...

WaW Campaign History: 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, FH2T (26), 27, 28, 29, 30

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    09-15-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB|Pvt. Neighbor Kid's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BF1..there should be some low level scripts for limiting scopes and various weapons with auto kicks to them. They have it for like BF3 and 4. Example- Some metro only servers limit your Grenade, or 203 usage.. the 203 being an upgrade, i would think scopes would could be blocked. Even some severs limited DMR's so perhaps that could play in with MG's idk.. but I think BF1 would be the way.

Give me the MK 5 or the FT-17.. Armored train anyone!?

Start the on the ground floor of BF1... we could have a thriving community again.
    Last edited by 1AB|Pvt. Neighbor Kid; 10-10-2016 at 01:50 AM.

"The world will hear the roar of our engines"
    -Clint Eastwood

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Grenadier
    Last Online
    08-11-2018
    Country
    This is [WaW] m1's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BF1 is the logical choice to bring the community back together.

I'd have to no problem with BF1 and another mini-FH1 campaign when FH releases the next/final patch.
    ]

Registered User Allies 25 Soldat
    Last Online
    10-10-2016
    Country
    This is bigh0rse's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd come back for a BF1 campaign. You could run it like the original FH2 campaign. Just switch sides every 5 rounds. Which ever side wins the most rounds, wins the battle.

I may be old, but I know how escrow works...

Registered User Allies 25 Soldat
    Last Online
    10-10-2016
    Country
    This is Sir Derpington III's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BF1 - Only choice for make survive

RO2 - now 5 years old
    BF2 - 11 years

We gotta get with the times man. I would petition DICE to release specific mod tools.
    (but y'all know how that goes, would have to develop for them for free for that to happen, if at all)

I would tots mcgoats be onboard.

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    11-10-2017

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

alright, so... there's actually quite a few directions we can go and I'll give try to give as many pros and cons to all these options as I can.

So yes I would have to say that Battlefield 1 seems like a viable choice to me, I was thoroughly surprised when I came to that realization. The combat isn't like Battlefield 3 and 4 where every class can do everything and everyone is just running around and people die within .5 seconds of seeing oneanother. It's far more teamwork oriented where each kit has a very specific role and you definitely notice it when one kit is missing and there are many times that more prolonged firefights and battles happen, at least that's the impression I got from the beta. Hopefully DICE doesn't let the ****-head playerbase from the newer generation of battlefields bully them into ****ing it up.

Pros:
    fresh new game
    bigger playerbase to draw from
    Gameplay that isn't dated

Cons:
    no modding
    lack of a more robust squad system

That isn't our only option though. Squad is an extremely good game with satisfying gameplay and a playerbase that is exceptionally receptive to the type of experience we strive for in our tournaments. And before all you close-minded ****bois who can't bare to play a game set in modern day even though the game looks like a good fit for our community start whining that it isn't world war II, you'll be happy to know that a world war II mod is in development for squad called post scriptum and you can watch their first devblog here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQ2PK1I6GQ . Also they recently released vehicles into squad and although there's only BTR's, humvee's, and technicals they will release more.

Pros:
    great tactical gameplay
    a decent sized playerbase that loves teamwork
    moddable
    good squad system
    WWII mod on the way

Cons:
    not world war II (the ****boi argument)
    not well optimized right now
    Not many vehicles at the moment (they will come out with more though)
    no idea on when the WWII mod will be released

Another possible choice that many people might not see is Battlefield 2142. Yes, the futuristic battlefield that used the setting way better than COD ever could. The people at the battlefield revive community recently opened up their account servers they made for 2142 so people can now play it for free after making an account and downloading it off their site which you can find here https://bl2142.co/
    They also did the same thing for vanilla BF2. Battlefield 2142 was the best battlefield game they ever made for PC, the gunplay and hit detection problems that plagued BF2 for so long were completely remedied in bf2142 at launch, titan mode was multi-phased and epic and implemented nearly flawlessly, the vehicles were well balanced and fun to use, the guns and gadgets for the kits felt good to use with a good learning curve that once you learn how to use them they fit right into your kit.

Pros:
    squad and commander system that is exactly like BF2 already
    very moddable
    solid gameplay
    titan mode, a game mode that would make Saturday's battles far more interesting and varried
    free
    a decent sized playerbase
    there is absolutely nothing like what our tournament offers right now so we have the possibility to be very special in the community

Cons:
    game is still an old *** game
    not WWII (again this is a ****boi argument and at this point if you find yourself making this argument for anything we try to propose you might as well just click the "Let's just hang it up" option and while you're at it off yourself too)

World at War
    German Company Officer
    Axis 32 Hauptmann
    Last Online
    08-26-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD~~~|Hubbard's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BF1 sounds neat and all, but the lack of modding might make it difficult to use for our purposes. Might, I dunno, I don't own the game.

I'm okay with RO2 again, but I don't know if that'd be popular or not.

BF2142 is free now, so that's very appealing.

Squad is another game I don't own, but I've been meaning to get. If we go to it, I'll have a reason to purchase it.

FH2 is a ****ing no-go.

I know some folks wanted to go to ArmA III, but I dunno about that one.

I think Audie made very valid points about everything, I'm more or less on board with what he said.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna do my conclusion first. This community used to have a few people who led it from a game to be used in tournaments to another to be used in tournaments. They tended to be somewhat dominating personalities, emphasis on the somewhat, it really no longer has that. I don't even know if that would work anymore.

I think poll is a good idea but I also think that those who do not want to do the poll or who do not want to post in this thread should make their ideas known to the tournament admins in private messages. 2 or 3 will need gather information like is being done but then they are going to have to lead.

BF1: this seems to be the one many want but I went, looked and it is not even fully out yet. Will it be so buggy, when it comes out, that is it barely playable?

It will have a player base as soon as it comes out though. How long will they last? Nothing lasts long anymore, it is always OMG NEW GAME YOU HAVE TO SEE IT, a week later they call it old and move on to the next OMG NEW GAME!!! Makes me want to slap their parents hard for buying them a new game a week.

FH1 other BF42 mods: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAAHAAAAAHHHAAAA.

Pluses, it has a dedicated 65 person player base, outside of WAW, and I mean dedicated, of course some of those guys are modders who don't play it much. So you'd get 20 from them and 10 from here, get some translators as well and play one week before everyone says this sucks in english and several other languages.

Oh yeah FHT is playing a tournament with it but I was in one of those awhile back and even though it finished it finished with damn few players. If you got 2 hours in with enough you were damn lucky.

SQUAD: I've heard damn good things about Squad. If it plays like PR, I'm sure it would be a fine tournament game. If played in insurgent mode with da bombs an shet hell I'd buy it to do that in a tournament. My PR squad name was always BOMB SQUAD. I only really played insurgent maps cause they were the actual realistic maps. After the beginning the coalition did not fight and still is not fighting a regular or even semi regular army, never fought a single damn one in Afghanistan

Bad things, most people don't seem to have bought it, everyone betches when they have to buy something for a tournament.

ARMA 3. It kinda has a squad system if I remember right, it has spawner vehicles. It works well has a good player base.

Bad things, its WWII mod, Iron front lite is not going too well. The next WWII mod won't be out till I get social security or after ARMA 4 comes out.

Seems not many here have bought it and you know what people do when they have to buy something for a tournament.

I want to add this ARMA 3 is epically moddable
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Grenadier
    Last Online
    08-03-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD|Archimonday's Country Flag

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think the tournament should broaden its horizons when it comes to selecting a game and getting the community running again. If you ask me it is simply not enough to continue to hunt for that perfect World War II game that we all want. Even if I really wish there was one.

There are plenty of games with thriving communities which I am more than sure have plenty of people willing to participate in a tournament. Certain games make them more appealing than others however, and that is primarily due to the fact that they can be actively modded by our community, and new maps and equipment introduced. Among these are:

Squad (and its World War II mod in development)
    ArmA III
    Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm/Heroes of the West
    Battlefield 2
    Battlefield 2142
    Ironfront Liberation

However, this does not mean that newer games being released could not benefit us with a community either:

Battlefield 1
    Resistance and Liberation (A new version is in development)
    Day of Infamy
    Insurgency

Hell, even running smaller tournaments, as side-tournaments to the official one (say 4 v 4, 6 v 6 or similar) in games such as:

Rainbow Six Siege
    Total War
    Civilization 6
    Older Strategy titles like (Starcraft, Stronghold, Company of Heroes, Men of War, Blitzkrieg etc.)
    Day of Defeat Source
    Any of the new Hero Shooters like Battleborn
    DOOM

Point being here, there is so much room for the tournament to diversify and grow that I feel you shouldn't really limit your sights. World At War could even sign up teams to compete on TWL ladders or other leaderboard competitions.

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    11-24-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are definitely up for things not just WW2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered User Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    11-29-2019
    Country
    This is Switz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Squad would be a viable option. Rising storm Vietnam when it comes out next year.

Registered User Axis 30 Schuetze
    Last Online
    01-19-2017
    Country
    This is BsK Breddy's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is remotely squad oriented and tactial I care more about who I play it with than what it actually is - so I'm in.

That said I'd like to play Operation Peace Keeper again. In my opinion it still has some of the most detailed vehicles (e.g. Huey, and Fennek) and is the only BF2 mod I actually can fly a helicopter in. There also used to be a quite dedicated player base... untill it all fizzed out after a tournament.
    Alternatively how about a tournament with a different BF2 mod (POE, Pirates) or maybe some BF variants (1942, 2142, Vietnam, hell vanilla even ) each round. The admins get the fun of setting up different servers each week and we can download all the stuff.

• Imagine reliving your childhood gaming memories, or at least the pre-senility ones.
    • Imagine maps where your do not know every nook and cranny anymore.
    • Imagine anthropomorphised tanks slugging it out

oh wait.... that mod never made it out.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you have to pay 5 bucks a month for Origin Access in order to buy and play battlefield 1?

If so I'm gonna pass on that.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    07-13-2019
    Country
    This is 1AB|Pvt. Wilhelm's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
    Do you have to pay 5 bucks a month for Origin Access in order to buy and play battlefield 1?

If so I'm gonna pass on that.
    No, Origin is free. That is just a service they offer that gives you access to games that you don't otherwise own.

Once you buy Battlefiled 1 it is added to your library of games.

WaW #8: [30AI]Q|SSgt.Wilhelm - Australian
    WaW#9: [34GD]SR|Mpra.Wilhelm - Russian
    WaW#10: LS[39Fj]///|Wilhelm -> Gw%[Gj37]>>|Wilhelm - German
    WaW#11: [42Wx]P|Sgt.Wilhelm - British
    Classic Battles: Pg[HgA]///|Wilhelm - Axis
    WaW#12: Tg[J43]J~|Wilhelm - Japanese

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    No, Origin is free. That is just a service they offer that gives you access to games that you don't otherwise own.

Once you buy Battlefiled 1 it is added to your library of games.
    Tanks Wilhelm

World at War
    British Company Officer
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    03-02-2019
    Country
    This is Hiltz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion this really is a no brainer and something we should have done a long time ago. ARMA3

This game has everything we need to keep WAW going for the next ten years. It is more flexible than an olympic gymnast. The modding possibilities are mind blowing.

If you want a WW2 campaign, its got it. You want a Vietnam campaign.... no problem. Modern day warfare/insurgents scenario.... its done. And if thats not enough you can even go kill some zombies on the side.

When you buy Arma 3 you are buying thousands of games. The steam workshop is packed full of scenarios for Iron Front alone. It would take several lifetimes to play every scenario for Arma 3 in the steam workshop.

It would even be possible to play a round of Iron Front and have purchasable assets that could be bought by the commander as the round develops. The possibilities for a tournament campaign are limited to your imagination.

If you wish to try Iron Front you can find the mod here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=660460283

Simply subscribe to it and steam will install it all for you. We currently have a server running Iron Front so come on in and give it a go.
    Last edited by Hiltz; 10-13-2016 at 11:07 PM.

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    12-02-2019
    Country
    This is 2WD*|FEG-E-LEIN's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely agree with Hiltz about ArmA III.
    During this summer i was messing around with another unit that did frequent MCC missions ranging from Iron-Front D-DAY to Vietnam and modern day, hell, we even did bloody Benghazi for the hell of it and a mini-campaign with the USS Nimitz, really good ****.

The only major problems i could see with ArmA III being our tournament game is the somewhat high price limit and somewhat clunky gameplay along with the requirement of having a nuclear reactor as your CPU and a Ultra modern graphics card(that is, if you want to max out everything) but if you can get past these issues(which isn't too hard btw, i know one guy who plays this game with a 6 year old laptop and he is still capable of playing the game just fine, he even managed to get his average FPS to 30, although the game does look quite **** for him from what i have seen from screenshots, but still) you have an absolutely magnificent game in your hands with, like Hiltz said, mind blowing modding capabilities.

Hell, if someone would be willing to do it, we could technically have FH2 ported over to ArmA (although it would probably look kinda ****y in comparison with other ArmA III assets and buildings but it is still possible either way)

TL;DR I will go with ArmA III 100% due to it's endless modding capabilities and because it is actually surprisingly easy for anyone to get into, it's like a Russian nuclear reactor, even an idiot can operate it.

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    09-15-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB|Pvt. Neighbor Kid's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd much rather do BF1 than Arma III. Arma is as you said Troll, clunky. I feel the main stream of gamers now a days is more casual. Arma is anything but casual IMO. Bf1 would be more ideal for that, not to mention the huge pool of player we could grab to form the tournament again.

"The world will hear the roar of our engines"
    -Clint Eastwood

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    11-24-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am all for doing BF1, heres the things to consider though. As we don't know what is going to happen.

Instead of EA allowing private server providers to rent their slots, you now have to rent from EA.
    What does this mean?
    Control of prices. Which might be good, but also an addition to what we pay now.
    Control of Server. Do we have the options to lock a server and let everyone join the side they want? What do we control?

A lot of this will be of course told to us in the coming weeks, however...

Well I'll just leave it at that

Next WaW thing will be announced Very Very soon!

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want anyone to think this is me trying to get any of you to do anything. Its just an opinion and info.

I play ARMA3 on this computer and it is no longer a young PC. Settings are not maxed but it looks good. I will admit I researched this video card a long time before buying it and it has held up well. The AMD Radeon HD 5850 can still be bought the last time I looked and for much less than I paid. I thought about running a dual card config then changed my mind. I don't agree that its clunky and I play plenty of casual gamers on King of the Hill. Letting ARMA3 update a mod isn't that big a deal.

Most of you will be able to make a battle in an hour or two, maybe a day, it takes me much much longer. Right now I am looking for the reason I cannot spawn anywhere but on the edge of the map. I did not grow up with this stuff.

I found another addon/mod with WWII US, Brit units, uniforms and weapons but no vehicles or tanks. He has quit working on it but I am sure someone is working on the tanks.

Pluses
    It already has part of the eastern front. People will making stuff for it at least another 2 years probably longer. It will not be up to someone here or over at FH to make all the stuff. Once its been published, it public, you can use it.

I saw where someone had stretched a map out to 1 million kilometers. Not that anyone would need that and it didn't really look good but the maps for all intents and purposes are no longer limited in the way that BF42 and BF2 based mods had been.

Although I haven't tried it the editor has a terrain editor in it.

The mod tools for it are being made and improved by the developer, not with us in mind so much but still being done. Iron Front Lite is being updated so that it continues to work as an ARMA3 mod. <----- there is a weak point right there though, other mods have fallen through the cracks when someone got tired of doing it. Most of these guys don't have backups.

But, while I can't be sure of this, I would bet that the weapons and units can be moved onto ARMA3 maps. So losing the mod shouldn't be that big a deal a year or two down the line when that guy doing IFA3lite burns out.

Battlefield 1 will not have a big player base for very long IMO. Its going to be OMG NEW GAME!! then move on.

Minuses
    The player base of ARMA 3 is not going to expand much more, sure they keep making new stuff for it but when you have to buy two things to play the new content it doesn't draw as well.

A chance the guy burns out and the stuff won't run in regular ARMA3

Iron Front Lite is not that good looking graphic wise.

Some of the weapons aren't that realistic yet. The last time I fired the MP40 it was like a laser.

Bailing out will never finish his battle/map, which is called VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED. Hell he may never be able to spawn anywhere in multiplayer other than the edge of the map.

Probably some more stuff I am not thinking of.

I shall now go and try to figure out whats wrong with my battle, VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED

World at War
    German Company Officer
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is Ayrton's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Myself, I'll give whatever teamwork oriented platform that's chosen a try.

FYI, here's some system requirements:

Battlefield I:

Squad:

Arma3:

I like Squad a lot. But, until they get vehicles squared away, games can be tedious until the forces meet head to head. The WWII mod, Post Scriptum is pretty impressive in terms of content, pace of development and practical attractiveness (detail elements, weapons, not so many restrictions on vehicles). It could turn out to be better than Squad itself. But that game depends on Squad's progression and is pretty far away from a finished product (though they could surprise us).

The WWII mod for Arma3, IFA3lite, has tremendous promise in my opinion. Maps are big, the player interaction with the map and objects after it's learned is gratifying. Options abound. My frustration is a lack of knowledge base. I can't get maps and scenarios to run and don't know how the upgrades are implemented for the WWII mod. Being slow thinking and time limited, I need clear instructions to implement the damn thing. They don't provide it. The mod itself is free and there is what appears to be a lot of fan supplied content. The "lite" mod is common denominator friendly and in my view is graphically pleasing. The main devs are amateurs but skillful, sensible and constantly at work. I like it.

I haven't played BF I. I missed the open trial or whatever it was but at least watched some vids of rounds played. Some of it was overwrought and too fast, really, but often it looked exciting and involving. Also, DICE based games are pretty familiar to a lot of us.

For the most part, I won't hesitate to preferring WWII based content. Nothing wrong with it when it comes to gaming, imo.

Don't misunderstand, I'll try whatever works. Hiltz and I had a great time in 21cw when BF2 first came out, for example, but I'll always like WWII themes better than anything else.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
    Myself, I'll give whatever teamwork oriented platform that's chosen a try.

Being slow thinking and time limited, I need clear instructions to implement the damn thing. They don't provide it. The mod itself is free and there is what appears to be a lot of fan supplied content. The "lite" mod is common denominator friendly and in my view is graphically pleasing. The main devs are amateurs but skillful, sensible and constantly at work. I like it.
    No they don't, you have to look long and hard to find anyone who tells you exactly how anything is done. I did find a video of some guy making a German anti tank mine but it was an hour or more long and it was all about making it look good. It didn't need that much detail, its hidden in the ground, and he never got around to making it blow up. Most of the stuff he did could have been skinned on there. The next person you find isn't so detailed, no he leaves out so many details you will work awhile to figure out how he did it.

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    03-24-2017
    Country
    This is Korsakov829's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are forgetting that when you're based around an old game like BF2 that a lot of people stick around because that's all their outdated and cheap PCs can run. SQUAD, BF1, ArmA III, even RO2, those aren't accessible to a lot of people, I would imagine at least a third.

I suggest you trial Battlefield 2142. There's hundreds of people playing every day, and given that it's free you're not limited to recruiting within the BF2142 community, you can reach out to anyone and everyone. And if it doesn't go well? Then you might have a better idea as to how high you have to aim and how hard you have to work to get something like BF1 really going. To add to that, maybe you'll find people to stick around to help be a part of the base required to start something for a newer game.
    Last edited by Korsakov829; 10-14-2016 at 03:57 PM.

World at War
    German Company Officer
    Axis 32 Hauptmann
    Last Online
    07-11-2019
    Country
    This is 2WD~~~|Lardagus's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually think either BF2142 or BF1 would be a good idea after reading some of the other comments. Out of all the Battlefield games, 2142 was always my favorite...

I'll willing to try anything as long as everyone can have fun. It's not worth it if only a select few get a kick out of it while everyone else is groveling in the muck trying to get it to work or whatever.

WaW Campaign History: 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, FH2T (26), 27, 28, 29, 30

Registered User Allies 30 Private
    Last Online
    04-28-2017
    Country
    This is 92B|Pv MrBen's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the comments it seems BF1, Arma 3 of BF2142 are the options. BF1 will be the 'new' game and draw in a lot of new members. The beta was impressive so it gets my vote. If BF1 fades away at least we have some new peeps to then move on to Arma 3 or whatever.
    WaW10: Gw[Gj37]^^^|MrBen; WaW11: Ki[ToL]^^|MrBen; WaW12: Yk[J43]^|MrBen; WaW13: Wi[45Pzl]^^|MrBen; WaW14: [47Sgb]T|Lt.MrBen; WaW15: Me|MrBen; WaW16: H|52Cpl.MrBen; WaW17: PKF///MrBen; WaW18: MIB//MrBen; WaW19: ????; WaW20: G|60Lt MrBen; WaW21: KaK/ MrBen; WaW22: 64R|Lc MrBen; Waw23: 66U|Sgt MrBen; Waw24: FpN/ MrBen; WaW26: 72W|Cp MrBen; WaW27 TrT MrBen
    www.computerrepaireastleigh.com
    www.darcusltd.co.uk
    www.primaryspellingonline.co.uk

Registered User Allies 31 Private
    Last Online
    04-15-2018
    Country
    This is BsP Firelord's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we want to revive this tournament we need to remember how it once was. We had 12 hour battles twice a week with 64 players and full waiting rooms. We used a game that had a massive player base (BF1942/FH) we could draw from. While BF1942 was a very arcardish game, FH gave us more realism but it was still very action packed. For me that game was a perfect mix of realism, tactics, teamwork and crazy action and I guess that is what many others here enjoyed as well.
    If you now go to hardcore games like PR/Squad/ArmA I am afraid that you will not find enough people to run a full scale tournament. At least I would not play those games as I don't see any fun in hiding behind some wall for many minutes waiting for someone I can kill. Those games just don't offer the gameplay that I think many gamers out there are looking for. They are made by very dedicated guys for very dedicated gamers that are looking for as much realism as possible but there are not many people out there that prefer these kind of games. I highly doubt that these games would working for a tournament like ours that was so alive back then with many different player types that all enjoyed an action packed teamwork driven game.
    So I am voting for something like BF1 or any other new teamplay oriented AAA title that has a huge active player base. Lets face it, we will not see a game like FH any time soon with a modern game engine. I prefer to have full servers again and somewhat coordinated battles (including all those idiots from the pubbies that don't follow orders) than half empty servers with the most professional teamplayers out there.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much ARMA have you played Firelord? I suppose you can find mods of it, with scenarios, with damn little action but most of them are action packed.

Its exactly like you said, people won't play a boring game. Those King of the Hill servers were full all of the time because it was action action action in Sector Control mode. Now they've moved most of the servers on to the next expansion of ARMA3 but the servers they left with regular ARMA3 are generally still full. CTI, Capture the Island servers even do well when done right but mostly they are boring and you don't see many people on them.

As far as PR goes, the last 3 or 4 years of it were action packed as well.

You can make ARMA as action packed as you want it to be, its that damn moddable.

I am not campaigning for an ARMA3 based game. I'm old and you younger guys should choose what you want.

I am not posting in this thread unless I see a mistaken impression and I just think Firelord is mistaken.

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Grenadier
    Last Online
    08-11-2018
    Country
    This is [WaW] m1's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BsK~~ Neighbor Kid View Post
    I'd much rather do BF1 than Arma III. Arma is as you said Troll, clunky. I feel the main stream of gamers now a days is more casual. Arma is anything but casual IMO. Bf1 would be more ideal for that, not to mention the huge pool of player we could grab to form the tournament again.
    Quote Originally Posted by BsP Firelord View Post
    If you now go to hardcore games like PR/Squad/ArmA I am afraid that you will not find enough people to run a full scale tournament. At least I would not play those games as I don't see any fun in hiding behind some wall for many minutes waiting for someone I can kill. Those games just don't offer the gameplay that I think many gamers out there are looking for.
    For the fast paced tournament play, I back some of the comments in that Arma3 is just too heavy. BF1942, Fh1, and Fh2 were great because they got us to a sweet spot of realism and e-sport style competitiveness.

Remember - World at War was born from vanilla BF1942 and many of the veterans commenting in this thread came from that player base. It doesn't matter what you think the community size for Arma3 or Squad is, its never going to match that of a CoD or BF title.
    ]