User Tag List

View Poll Results: What would you like to do?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lets rub off the dust, let's do FH2 and take on another group!

12 30.77%
  • RO2 has had some added things, such as Heroes of the West, lets do that again!

2 5.13%
  • Other Game

22 56.41%
  • Let's just hang it up, become a community area and say goodbye to the tournament aspect.

3 7.69%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: What do you want to see next!

I'd like us to get back to battle days on Saturdays. I have trouble finding folks to play with these days, as well as needing to schedule my gaming time. I lurk on some servers hoping people will show up but it doesnt make such fun gaming time. Plus during the week I have a short window for gaming (8-11pm est). I know 12 hr. battles with waiting rooms is long long gone but it would be nice get back in the habit.

Game choice is another issue. "I came for ww2, but stayed for the drunk Kullan!" I've always been foremost a ww2 gamer and that was what brought me here a decade ago. I'm not saying we have to stay ww2, but it's my jam.

Since the DayZ mod in arma 2 I've played a lot of the arma stuff. I'm no guru but I know that we could make arma do anything we wanted it to. We could make a straight fh2 clone, flagzones and mainbases, bleed tickets and all. But seriously, Bohemia Interactive (Arma publisher) has always been about community and mod community as opposed the Electronic Arts and their "buy it and then frigg off" attitude. So the skies the limit with what we can do with the engine.
    Gravitating toward ww2 content I've anxiously followed various games on different engines that were either vapor ware, (remember Invasion:44 for arma 2?) just didn't do it right, or were too small in scale for our preferences. I feel like maybe Iron Front: Liberation 1944 could be different. The game has a deep following amongst eastern european uber milsim gamers and the devs are fairly active and ambitous.

A little history on how the game has been surging lately:
    So there was a standalone released, the original version that you needed to have to play with arma3. The game was not particularly successful, but was a hit with the niche gamer. It lingered for a while until a group got the rights to distribute a "lite" version, meaning low rez textures and bunch of other legal mumbo jumbo.
    For a short time the FULL and LITE version were compatible with each other but the branches have become isolated now. (So don't buy the full version anymore!) Besides the low rez textures, the hard core player base stayed away, mostly over issues of broken tank physics. Also, it seems that servers pop up for scheduled, well attended events but the traditional pubby server just doesnt seem to exist. Probably why it is hard for people to stumble onto it.
    Things are steadily getting fixed and I think in the near future the holdouts are going to switch over to the LITE for better, more refined content that is upcoming. The LITE authors are positioning things so that Iron Front will most likely being the jumping off point for most ww2 arma mods, a kind of base layer so mod teams dont have to start from scratch but can just add theatres/factions/weapons etc.

If WaW peeps find the game compelling, I could see a scenario where our server gets somewhat popular (even if it is just us) and as curious players join up we could point them to our website using he ingame server notices. Maybe even start a whitelisting requirement (ie registering here) for access to tanks/air. But it all starts with us actually playing the game! WaW has an Iron Front server running now. I would suggest checking it out if you own Arma3 and see for your self.

Light reading

(dev forum)
    https://discordapp.com/invite/0vQjglomrhIngTXR

Found a weekly server event 9pm UTC+2 Thursdays
    Next event is up : http://www.battlegroup21.com/viewtop...&t=572&p=13006
    10/20/2016 - 9PM UTC+2

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    09-07-2018
    Country
    This is Tompie913's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battlefield 1 is more or less what we've been waiting for! Hopefully we'll be able to control weapon loadouts so that we can have better historical accuracy, but it's exactly the massive playerbase we'll need to bring the tournament back to life.

In fact, with the Twitch/YouTube world we now live in, it's a perfect opportunity for us to get bigger than we've ever been. We'd be in basically a league of our own in terms of large-scale battle esports, since afaik most shooter esports are small deathmatches. We'll have to figure out a way to broadcast a whole battle effectively, but this a massive new opportunity for us.

If indeed we do move to BF1, I would be thrilled to be a part of it in any way I can.
    Last edited by Tompie913; 10-20-2016 at 09:04 PM.

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I think about it, making a FH2 gameplay mode for Arma 3 might be pretty alright!
    Create a new points spreadsheet for commanders to buy load outs and equipment, a bleed system, cappable flagzones. I remember each flagzone had axis and allied load outs that spawned their respective equipment when possession changed. Instead of "insta-spawning" gear, the equipment would be available for engineers to create (this would include defenses/basebuilding)
    Back in the old days it took a tremendous amount of work to produce one map per week with custom load outs. So much so that the Map Team threatened to PayPal a hit man straight to your home country for even suggesting multiple maps per battle day. Obviously this is no longer an issue. So we have plenty of ways to switch it up battle day, whether turning the map into an enormous push map, or setting up multiple shorter scenarios with time limits and custom load outs for each. Who knows? Maybe the load outs could be bought between rounds, on the fly, with values determined by accrued points from the previous round (s)?
    A secret favorite of mine from playing arma is the intriguing possibilities of using friendly AI. What if each WaW soldier was also a squad leader to their own respawnable AI units?
    Meatshields, advance! Huzzah!
    Also I think I wouldn't be too hard to reach out on the dev forums for help creating whatever game mode we fancy.

I don't want this thread to be a shouting match for/against any one game, I don't see why at this point we can't be pan-game. But at this point I see Arma3 to be low hanging fruit to create good ww2 fun where FH2 left off .

World at War
    German Company Officer
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Ayrton's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I think about it, making a FH2 gameplay mode for Arma 3 might be pretty alright!
    So, would the idea be an Arma3 in a wwii mode like IFA3Lite?

That might have an advantage over BF1 in that the system requirements would be less. BF1 looks pretty demanding. But as noted above, BF1 would attract lots of people and it would likely be pretty polished from the start.

I personally might like IFA3lite if (and only if):

1. A list of software requirements and instructions is provided, for example, " A player needs Arma3. This will be installed by Steam. Get it here. A player needs IFA3Lite. Get it here. This is downloaded and placed in your ****** folder. A player needs the ******add ons. These are placed in the ***** folder. To start the game, go to the Arma3 start screen and add ***** parameter. Press start game. " or whatever.

2. Information about how a particular map works. I've seen so many differing set ups on different maps, I don't know what's going on with some particular ones. I would want the information provided right off, not have to go through some trial and error process.

3. A practice map made available to practice mechanics of the game.

4. While I could stay open on this one, I would prefer one person armored fighting vehicles, whether by use of bot crews or vehicle mods. "Needing" to have a driver and separate gunners or commanders might be too burdensome for a team and unattractive to tankers in general. Tanks might be pretty powerful in IFA3, though, so maybe they will be few and thus having vehicle crews would be fine. Idk.

5. Planes that work correctly.

6. Mortars and artillery that work appropriately.

7. Knowledge going in that the Eden map editor will work for the game we want to have.

M. Wittman and Bobby Woll

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    11-05-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Wir3tap's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
    So, would the idea be an Arma3 in a wwii mode like IFA3Lite?

That might have an advantage over BF1 in that the system requirements would be less. BF1 looks pretty demanding. But as noted above, BF1 would attract lots of people and it would likely be pretty polished from the start.

I personally might like IFA3lite if (and only if):

1. A list of software requirements and instructions is provided, for example, " A player needs Arma3. This will be installed by Steam. Get it here. A player needs IFA3Lite. Get it here. This is downloaded and placed in your ****** folder. A player needs the ******add ons. These are placed in the ***** folder. To start the game, go to the Arma3 start screen and add ***** parameter. Press start game. " or whatever.

2. Information about how a particular map works. I've seen so many differing set ups on different maps, I don't know what's going on with some particular ones. I would want the information provided right off, not have to go through some trial and error process.

3. A practice map made available to practice mechanics of the game.

4. While I could stay open on this one, I would prefer one person armored fighting vehicles, whether by use of bot crews or vehicle mods. "Needing" to have a driver and separate gunners or commanders might be too burdensome for a team and unattractive to tankers in general. Tanks might be pretty powerful in IFA3, though, so maybe they will be few and thus having vehicle crews would be fine. Idk.

5. Planes that work correctly.

6. Mortars and artillery that work appropriately.

7. Knowledge going in that the Eden map editor will work for the game we want to have.
    If theres anything I know about map editing and such, I haven't played with Eden much to be honest though, but Map editing with Arma 3 is 100% easier then map editing with BF2. It's literally place what you want, set it to a side and done. Don't have to adjust height and such so much. It really is a plop down and play.

Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You go to the page its published on, once you have it steam will basically download everything needed. Now you may have to be instructed to add this or that in some rare instances. I just don't understand how anyone who has played a steam game of any kind doesn't get that.

My map so far requires 2 extra addons that may have to have some instructions. I think I can can get that down to 0 if I do it right and it is server side only.

Gee I remember playing with all kinds of vehicles and aircraft that did not work exactly as they probably should have. The tanks, right now are too fast, the planes I haven't flown. The infantry weapons to some extent have been fixed where they aren't lasers. I haven't fired them all recently. I know the mp 40 was a laser.

ARMA3 and its mods are not a flash in the pan like BF1 will likely be since it is unlikely to ever be modded to anything anyone here would like. That is the thing to remember. ARMA or for that matter many steam games are not flashes in the pans, they get modded and updated.

The Hogs are likely going to lose tomorrow night so I am going into hunker down mode.
    Last edited by Bailing_Out; 10-22-2016 at 04:50 AM. Reason: The Hogs
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

World at War
    German Company Officer
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Ayrton's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Arma3 is usually pretty seamless, but when I load a map on IF3Alite, I get error messages or missing component messages like "terrain X is missing" or "M3" is missing. Plus the map loading will often state I'm missing DLC like "Karts" and "Helicopter" or something and list the addons as extra cost options. But it says maybe it'll play without them. Very confusing.

Am I supposed to know what's needed or what choice to make? Or expected to take time to work it out?

Then when I go on a server, even WAW's, I land into different parameters. One map had bunches of tank commanders in a field armed with pistols and no tanks anywhere. Another had me spawn in as an unarmed soldier with some kind of option to build or change or something. I had no idea what that was. Another map I could only be bluefor, no switching. So idk.

M. Wittman and Bobby Woll

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayrton and I shall go from thread to thread LOL. COOP has its problems. If you can load in then you can usually play PvP. COOP I don't know as much about and care even less. Most PvP servers won't even let you in unless you have what is needed. I have had to delete all local content of a mod sometimes and redownload it but only 3 or 4 times since I've had ARMA3.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    11-11-2016
    Country
    This is Distant's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with BF1, I actually plan on buying it after its been out a couple weeks.

Registered User Axis 30 Schuetze
    Last Online
    05-15-2017
    Country
    This is Ronid's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am totally for BF1. Don't stick to ARMA and the like, cause they don't have enough people. Same with squad. This is something to consider some day, when we'll have full playerbase once again, not now. What we need now are numbers and the only way to get them is to go with BF1. I don't have it yet, but am perfectly willing to get it to get back to WaW. Let's fins out how servers work, advertise it and get people to join the ranks. The sooner we'll do it the more chance there is for us to get fresh blood. BF1 is something that many have been waiting for a long time. And sure, EA is greedy and will not allow us to have mods, but then again, it's either this or trying with Armas and Squads in hope to get maybe 10-20 new players, which at this point would be not enough!
    Also note that this time EA said that new factions (France next spring) will be added in DLCs rather than separate games (see: BF4).

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    08-25-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB|Pvt.Grail's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This entire forum was started because some people liked BF 1942... It was a very non-realistic but fun game and thus made tournaments begin and FH1 and FH2. I came back tonight to see if this would move to BF1. I am downloading it right now and will play. I'm sure there will be mods later but the name is FUN. Hard to have fun with 12 guys per side unless it is super tactical. Not like the huge battles we had in the day.

Just my two cents. Hi to everyone. I remember half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. ;-)

---Grail

PS.. I like Ronid and Ayton and Melvin.. hell I like most of you guys.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey, Grail. Hobbit lover!

BF1 looks like a very nice game. But I need a new PC. I fail on minimum CPU, my old Core 2 Quad doesn't cut it.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

Last Online
    05-15-2017
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grail View Post
    PS.. I like Ronid and Ayton and Melvin.. hell I like most of you guys.
    Likewise

Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]TA|Melvin View Post
    BF1 looks like a very nice game. But I need a new PC. I fail on minimum CPU, my old Core 2 Quad doesn't cut it.
    Buy used intel core i5 2500k and good cooling and you'll be fine.

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish you guys luck with BF1, I might buy it. I think you are wrong on the numbers in ARMA and the fun factor but obviously me and the others who like ARMA3 are out numbered. I mean that wish of luck sincerely, hell you all know I don't say anything nice unless I actually mean it.

Registered User Axis 27 Pz Unteroffizer
    Last Online
    06-05-2019
    Country
    This is Scazar's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give me a BF1 campaign with full servers on saturday and I'll be here.
    "He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened. He who conquers others has physical strength. He who conquers himself is strong."
    -Tao-te Ching
    "Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster...for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've sold my soul completely to steam that I forget that EA uses origin to run their games. So how is BF1 going for the folks who have it? I've heard it has.....pigeons?

It seems like after a couple of weeks BF1 and iron front for Arma 3 seem like two likely candidates for ys. Maybe setup some "official" threads for either?

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronid View Post
    Buy used intel core i5 2500k and good cooling and you'll be fine.
    I thought of that, but I just did not know what to do with the extra 380 contacts on the component.

Nah, my motherboard is for the old Core 2 Quad, a LGA 775 socket. The minimum CPU requirement for BF1 is shown to be the Intel Core i5 6600K, an LGA 1151 socket. The intel core i5 2500k is too low performance, (and discontinued 2 or 3 years ago).

Maybe lesser requirements will work for BF1 and it would be good to hear peoples' experience with hardware that is lesser power than the minimum requirements. (Ronid says i5 2500K is OK.) This link has peoples' comments on the requirements. Some say lesser works, some say minimum stated doesn't work.

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-1...-requirements/

FYI, the minimum requirements are posted at https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/tech. (Still what Ayrton posted about two weeks ago.)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It probably helps if you have an SSD instead of a spinner. My old i7 920, 2.67 Ghz won't cut it according to what I read. My 5850 doesn't have enough memory at only 1gig. Well I don't know what the hell, everyone seemed to think ARMA had high requirements but BF1 seems to need much more.

I might get a vid card but I am not getting the required cpu cause that would probably require a new motherboard and hell no to windows 10.

The place I used to go to compare video cards hasn't been updated in almost a year so it didn't have the recommended card listed to compare to.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Probably time to build a new PC for myself.

You can still buy Win 7 (OEM) for a little longer. M$ says they will maintain support for security updates until 2020, (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...cle-fact-sheet). But since the end of sales for Win 7 systems is this month, (31 Oct from above link), I'm thinking buying an OEM copy of the OS will end at the same time.

Registered User Allies 31 Sergeant
    Last Online
    04-27-2017
    Country
    This is 3B|Sg Versus's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Squad ALPHA (still) already has modsupport. It has working vehicles AND there is a WWII mod being made already. No idea on the release date yet...

But IMO. Squad gameplay in a WWII theatre will be awesome. Especially if you add our combined experience and skills.

I have now a new rig. (paid about +/- 1200 EURO's) and my copy of squad is running especially okay. (even though I have a cheaper AMD GPU)

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Melvin, I saved up, I paid 5 hunnert an something dollars so I could move this copy of 7 to different computers. I decided a few years ago this was the last OS for awhile. (I said, 5 hunnert an something, in my head so I said I gonna type that)

Versus, they want a finished game. If mod support mattered they'd take ARMA3, Iron Front lite. New stuff is being made all the time for it. I, me Bailing_Out, who never finished a battle and damn sure not a map in either FH 1 or 2 have made a working battle on a map in ARMA IFL, if it was any easier my cats could make one. The map will get changed a bit later.

Organized battles in vanilla BF1 should be fun, might get old before you get new maps from EA.

Last Online
    05-15-2017
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, I think you don't get it. Squad, Arma, etc. they are all good and it would give us lot's of fun to play them.

However, I think that at this point our priority is to get more members to join WaW. And I can assure you that with all the hype of BF1 if we would act quickly, we would get them. Of course many of them would register and then never play, but the more will register the more chance to get enough players to get WaW up on its feet.

With Squad, I am sure we would get some new players, but would it be enough to run a normal campaign?

Let's try with BF1, get more players and than ask again if they want to switch to Squad. Hell, if there will be enough donations maybe we will be able to run two campaigns - one with BF1 and one with Squad.

Registered User Axis 29 Scheutze
    Last Online
    02-12-2019
    Country
    This is ADRIFTER's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronid View Post
    Guys, I think you don't get it. Squad, Arma, etc. they are all good and it would give us lot's of fun to play them.

However, I think that at this point our priority is to get more members to join WaW. And I can assure you that with all the hype of BF1 if we would act quickly, we would get them. Of course many of them would register and then never play, but the more will register the more chance to get enough players to get WaW up on its feet.

With Squad, I am sure we would get some new players, but would it be enough to run a normal campaign?

Let's try with BF1, get more players and than ask again if they want to switch to Squad. Hell, if there will be enough donations maybe we will be able to run two campaigns - one with BF1 and one with Squad.
    What he said.

I'd be game for BF1. Haven't tried it yet, but I've heard good things about it. Would also finally be a chance to get in a new game and capitalize on getting new people involved.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailing_Out View Post
    The place I used to go to compare video cards hasn't been updated in almost a year so it didn't have the recommended card listed to compare to.
    Tom's Hardware has a ranking at http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...rchy,4388.html

Here's an excerpt of 10 rows in the large ranking table. Minimum and Recommended for BF1 are shown. (I added memory requirement.)

Nvidia GeForce AMD Radeon
    Intel
    GTX 1070 R9 295X2
    Titan X (Maxwell), 980 Ti HD 7990, R9 Fury X
    GTX 1060, 980, 690, Titan Black -- 3GB R9 Fury, Fury Nano
    GTX 780, 780 Ti, 970, Titan RX 480, 470, R9 290, 290X, 390X, 390 -- 4GB
    GTX 590, 680, 770 HD 6990, 7970 GHz Ed., R9 280X, 380, 380X
    GTX 580, GTX 670, GTX 960 HD 5970, 7870 LE (XT), 7950, 280, 285
    GTX 660 Ti, GTX 760, GTX 950 RX 460, HD 7870, R9 270, R9 270X, R7 370
    GTX 295, 480, 570, 660 -- 2GB HD 4870 X2, 6970, 7850, R7 265 -- 2GB
    GTX 470, 560 Ti, 560 Ti 448 Core, 650 Ti Boost, 750 Ti HD 4850 X2, 5870, 6950, R7 260X
    GTX 560, 650 Ti, 750 HD 5850, 6870, 7790

Last Online
    Today
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]TA|Melvin View Post
    Tom's Hardware has a ranking at http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...rchy,4388.html

Here's an excerpt of 10 rows in the large ranking table. Minimum and Recommended for BF1 are shown. (I added memory requirement.)

Nvidia GeForce AMD Radeon
    Intel
    GTX 1070 R9 295X2
    Titan X (Maxwell), 980 Ti HD 7990, R9 Fury X
    GTX 1060, 980, 690, Titan Black -- 3GB R9 Fury, Fury Nano
    GTX 780, 780 Ti, 970, Titan RX 480, 470, R9 290, 290X, 390X, 390 -- 4GB
    GTX 590, 680, 770 HD 6990, 7970 GHz Ed., R9 280X, 380, 380X
    GTX 580, GTX 670, GTX 960 HD 5970, 7870 LE (XT), 7950, 280, 285
    GTX 660 Ti, GTX 760, GTX 950 RX 460, HD 7870, R9 270, R9 270X, R7 370
    GTX 295, 480, 570, 660 -- 2GB HD 4870 X2, 6970, 7850, R7 265 -- 2GB
    GTX 470, 560 Ti, 560 Ti 448 Core, 650 Ti Boost, 750 Ti HD 4850 X2, 5870, 6950, R7 260X
    GTX 560, 650 Ti, 750 HD 5850, 6870, 7790
    My AMD 5850 aint gonna cut it. Gonna shop for one maybe.

World at War
    Tournament Admin

Last Online
    11-05-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Wir3tap's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EA has still not released servers for rent yet. Still waiting to see what we will and not be allowed to do with the server. So far the only thing they said was, Being able to Kick/Ban will not be available from start and will be included later on.. O.o

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
    Well, Arma3 is usually pretty seamless, but when I load a map on IF3Alite, I get error messages or missing component messages like "terrain X is missing" or "M3" is missing. Plus the map loading will often state I'm missing DLC like "Karts" and "Helicopter" or something and list the addons as extra cost options. But it says maybe it'll play without them. Very confusing.

Am I supposed to know what's needed or what choice to make? Or expected to take time to work it out?

Then when I go on a server, even WAW's, I land into different parameters. One map had bunches of tank commanders in a field armed with pistols and no tanks anywhere. Another had me spawn in as an unarmed soldier with some kind of option to build or change or something. I had no idea what that was. Another map I could only be bluefor, no switching. So idk.

Ayrton i tried to PM you but your mailbox here was full? How does that even happen?

World at War
    German Company Officer
    Axis 32 Hauptmann
    Last Online
    07-11-2019
    Country
    This is 2WD~~~|Lardagus's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>GTX 1060

Awesome, the exact card I was going to upgrade to. Just trying to find a good price or I'll wait till Cyber Monday.

WaW Campaign History: 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, FH2T (26), 27, 28, 29, 30

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my heart set on a gtx 1080, even at $600. They are usually out of stock, so really no deals to be had. I wanted the 1080 and a set of Rift goggles, but $1200 is sort of outrageous for my budget.
    But my gtx 760 still performs ok with my i5-4690K

Registered User Axis 29 Scheutze
    Last Online
    02-12-2019
    Country
    This is ADRIFTER's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just happened to build a new beast of a rig. Good timing apparently because my old processor (i7 930) was below the minimum specs for BF1 it seems.

I haven't seen minimum & recommended specs so intense since BF2 was released way back when.