07-14-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7 cav vietnam mod

Last few days I've been playing a vietnam mod for arma3 and while it is not a total conversion it is ok. The uniforms are accurate but the choppers and apc's are reskinnned placeholders. Although there is f4 phantom and A7 corsairs. There is only one server atm and it is only co-op ( U.S. players vs. Vietcong ai). I'm too lazy to provide links but if you look in the arma 3 steam workshop it is easy to find.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 7 cav vietnam mod

Downloading it, gonna give it a try over the long weekend. Here is the link http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=550873311

Yall may already know this but the memory allocater in ARMA can slow stuff down and sometimes even cause it to crash. Had this happen for 2 days till I found the solution. Somehow the how it allocates memory sometimes causes a bad dll file to end up somewhere and it screws up how memory is allocated. Annnyyyway, you can click the malloc in the advance settings, right below hyperthreading. First you need to download the tbbmalloc.dll file. Put it into steamapps/common/arma 3/dll. Then in the space provided beside malloc, type tbbmalloc. You need to be running the game with an admin account so large memory chunks can be used or something. I am only willing to go so deep into that stuff, Jesus, I read part of that thread and had to skip big portions, that just aint for me.

This and hyper threading helps but it can't cure lag. Some of it is my computer, more of it is having 40 people nearby me in game and a jet or two overhead, sync lag. The jets really seem to cause more of it than anything else. They only seem to test the memory allocater on private server with just the tester and AI on the map.

Didn't want to start a different thread for that, I've seen what the results of starting that thread can be, it isn't pretty Plus this bumps the Vietnam thread.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You got to have this too to play it apparently.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=501689302
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played it, it works good except for some problem when you die, it sometimes will take a long time to let you respawn, kinda hangs up. But you can go back out to the lobby, keep hitting Esc and then click abort. Never saw the enemy though they did kill me once. I died more in vehicle accidents, like 5 of them. The M113 is a delicate flower or I hit too many rocks too hard. Needs jeeps for non pilots when no pilots are online.

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw some of the enemy today, mix of Viet Cong and NVA, I was only one on server after the server restart so of course I got killed. Figured out it is a 5 minute respawn, it works as it is supposed to work. AND YOU THOUGHT PR COULD BE TOUGH WHEN YOU DIE. You can skip the 5 minute wait, or part of it anyway, by aborting out and rejoining the server.

I like it, its a big map and has plenty of potential. You could simulate most Vietnam battles on it and it isn't even finished yet. I do not like fighting AI, cause I suck and I do better taking advantage of others who suck, but it wouldn't take much to make this a very popular multiplayer mod/map. Have a wait until 20 or or more join, split them into US and Vietnamese forces and make a spawn near a random base for the attacking force and you got it. It has one big US base I know of, Khe Sanh, aside from the US main, but it also has FOB's that could be attacked by VC forces and it has VC/NVA bases that could be attacked.

They have done alot, I haven't seen any plus 40 year old war that has had more done to simulate it than this Vietnam mod. I could have missed something of course.

This map would do for WWII, US versus Japanese forces as well.

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so this mod was a little quiet for a while, but has grown in popularity more recently. Just about every week or two the devs have updates either map additions or more equipment/skins.
    A lot of evenings one of the admins will take on the Zeus role and they will do a public operation which is fun because it is something different, and usually last about an hour. Obviously, being on their teamspeak is the best option during these. The rub though is you need to "increase identity" on their TS server which is, as far as i can tell, joining TS and just waiting 20 mins or more as your "identity" increases.
    For whatever reason a lot of arma3 players/servers prefer "player vs. AI" and not PvP and this server is no exception. Basically, you spawn at main base and somewhere on the map there is an enemy AO that needs to be cleared of VC/irregulars. Choppers shuttle from base to AO, and air to ground (F-4 and A-7, Apache, etc) can be called in only by troops on the ground. FOB's spawn points can be built by slinging the materials close the AO and engineer can assemble it.
    The only big rule strictly enforced is you have to be on their TS to fly, and any air to ground has to be called in.
    If you like the up close and personal nature of using only iron sights (marksmen do have scopes) give this a try.

(and Bailing, I dont know what you were experiencing with 5 minute respawn, never had that problem)

World at War
    Axis 32 Major
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is 2WD*|FEG-E-LEIN's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like the good old domination servers on ArmA II back in the day. I might actually give the mod a go after all, only problem is the size of it since my internet is absolute ****e so i will be spending ages just getting all the stuff downloaded.

World at War
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trolling_troll112 View Post
    Sounds like the good old domination servers on ArmA II back in the day. I might actually give the mod a go after all, only problem is the size of it since my internet is absolute ****e so i will be spending ages just getting all the stuff downloaded.
    It all comes through Steam so pretty speedy overall

Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my internet was slower I used to be like, ok I'm going to work now update.