User Tag List

Question So you made it to campaign 31

So funny story, I was in the shop today talking about history and stuff and talking about old email addresses. We started talking about old hotmail accounts we abandon years ago. I dug up my old Hotmail account and look at that among the 50,000 spam email messages that a 12 year old email account gets per day is a email notifying me about campaign 31 (Which has already ended).

Forum activity was what I expected but man this has been a trip down memory lane. Per my private messages I've not visited the forums or talked to anyone here since December 22nd 2011. Seems I had a fight with someone called "Outlaw" about equipment placements back then leading me to resign from Div staff (I remember none of this mind you) then I exchanged messages with Pyrriche about possible maps for campaign 26 and then... four years of nothing.

My memory are of WaW 8 to 14 of individual battles, I can recall the halfhearted 16 and 17 battles, the full battles of 19 and 20 and then... nothing. I was in WaW from 20-25 in some capacity but I'll be damned if I recall any of it.

That and the fact I sold Sword my old video card is the only thing I remember from that stretch of time.
    October 4th 2004-December 10th 2011

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    07-13-2019
    Country
    This is 1AB|Pvt. Wilhelm's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: So you made it to campaign 31

Hey, Adder!

WaW #8: [30AI]Q|SSgt.Wilhelm - Australian
    WaW#9: [34GD]SR|Mpra.Wilhelm - Russian
    WaW#10: LS[39Fj]///|Wilhelm -> Gw%[Gj37]>>|Wilhelm - German
    WaW#11: [42Wx]P|Sgt.Wilhelm - British
    Classic Battles: Pg[HgA]///|Wilhelm - Axis
    WaW#12: Tg[J43]J~|Wilhelm - Japanese

Registered User Axis 29 Scheutze
    Last Online
    02-12-2019
    Country
    This is ADRIFTER's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well hello there.

I sort of remember things the same way. I can recall every detail from campaigns 12-15, but I barely remember what happened in 16-20.

Quote Originally Posted by [Retired]Adder View Post
    So funny story, I was in the shop today talking about history and stuff and talking about old email addresses. We started talking about old hotmail accounts we abandon years ago. I dug up my old Hotmail account and look at that among the 50,000 spam email messages that a 12 year old email account gets per day is a email notifying me about campaign 31 (Which has already ended).

Forum activity was what I expected but man this has been a trip down memory lane. Per my private messages I've not visited the forums or talked to anyone here since December 22nd 2011. Seems I had a fight with someone called "Outlaw" about equipment placements back then leading me to resign from Div staff (I remember none of this mind you) then I exchanged messages with Pyrriche about possible maps for campaign 26 and then... four years of nothing.

My memory are of WaW 8 to 14 of individual battles, I can recall the halfhearted 16 and 17 battles, the full battles of 19 and 20 and then... nothing. I was in WaW from 20-25 in some capacity but I'll be damned if I recall any of it.

That and the fact I sold Sword my old video card is the only thing I remember from that stretch of time.

Quote Originally Posted by [114JR] ADRIFTER View Post
    Well hello there.

I sort of remember things the same way. I can recall every detail from campaigns 12-15, but I barely remember what happened in 16-20.
    I'm digging back through these, I don't see anything earlier than 2010 so it looks like my old blackmail material on Trexer did not make the forum move.

Here's PM's between Avrojet and I bitching each other out... I sure as heck sound angry about something but since both of us know what we are talking about in a thread no one can read anymore who knows what that was about.

Here's Quervo's sixteen page manifesto on strategy I do remember that mostly because it was a toss up between me liking on in-depth he was and me sad that no one besides me and maybe Stubby read those (*Nope found a pm saying Stubby had no time to read said manifesto)

Here's a section about politics in 2010, red zone violations from early 2010 and the PM's stop there. So campaign 21? I don't remember campaign 22 and 21 at all.

Also I may have been a touch plastered when I wrote the OP, I'm honestly interested in how many of the old hands are even still around. Stubby, Squarebasher, Paasky, and I assume Kommisar checked out years ago. Looks like Aryton and Soldier as well or maybe I'm reading those activity dates wrong.

So who's left?

World at War
    German Company Officer
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is Ayrton's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I'll be...never thought you'd show back up

campaign 21 you were on map team

in 22 you were axis with grail etc; axis tanking, iirc

many people's activity is low lately due to a need for an interesting game platform

M. Wittman and Bobby Woll

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Swede Chef
    Last Online
    08-24-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]TA|Stubbfan's Country Flag

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By todays standards around here i'd say im still active.. produced much of the pacific stuff we used last campaign. Square is around, paasky got married and only checks in occasionally. Kommi had a short return a while back (might have been quite a while by now).

And on the manifesto.. while i do (did) read most of the crap, big walls of text where often left on me, i could never really see the point. Keep it short and to the point is the way to go.

Can't believe it's that many years since we all had our share of fights with adder.. time flies

Quote Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
    well I'll be...never thought you'd show back up

campaign 21 you were on map team

in 22 you were axis with grail etc; axis tanking, iirc

many people's activity is low lately due to a need for an interesting game platform
    Yeah I found myself in a Battle of Britian video someone posted up on Youtube today. Specifically I saw myself getting blown up over and over again by Stukas. I have no memory of any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]TA|Stubbfan View Post
    By todays standards around here i'd say im still active.. produced much of the pacific stuff we used last campaign. Square is around, paasky got married and only checks in occasionally. Kommi had a short return a while back (might have been quite a while by now).

And on the manifesto.. while i do (did) read most of the crap, big walls of text where often left on me, i could never really see the point. Keep it short and to the point is the way to go.

Can't believe it's that many years since we all had our share of fights with adder.. time flies
    Time's a ***** like that, she sneaks up behind you when you least expect it and whispers in your ear that you have grown old.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [Retired]Adder View Post
    Time's a ***** like that, she sneaks up behind you when you least expect it and whispers in your ear that you have grown old.
    Yeah, you get old, you don't know it, then time tells you but it lets you keep going, cause you won't listen, then later, well you get so old you get owned by every damn body and then you say ****, I have to figure a new way to play to beat the faster trigger fingers.

Damn I miss the arguments we used to have. Love you man.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn I'm drunk now but I wouldn't say I love you, I musta been real drunk last night.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Registered User Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    10-07-2018
    Country
    This is [WaW] LtnGeorge's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see you drop by Adder!

The only real memories I seem to recall are getting yelled at how **** a squadleader I was (but somehow promoting me to Lt that same campaign) and the 26 panzer 2's we once bought in campaign 20 I believe!
    WAW 16 - FJJ// LtnGeorge - WAW 17 - F|54Cp.LtnGeorge - WAW 18 - R|56Sm.LtnGeorge
    WAW 19 - LDB~~~ LtnGeorge - WAW 20 - KES^^^ LtnGeorge - WAW 21 - Ka* LtnGeorge
    WaW 22 - 64F|CM LtnGeorge - WAW 23 - Gj* LtnGeorge - WaW 24 - FpA~~~LtnGeorge
    WAW 25 - 70A|Ct LtnGeorge - WAW 30 - BsP~~LtnGeorge

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [WaW] LtnGeorge View Post
    Nice to see you drop by Adder!

The only real memories I seem to recall are getting yelled at how **** a squadleader I was (but somehow promoting me to Lt that same campaign) and the 26 panzer 2's we once bought in campaign 20 I believe!
    I was so convinced that plan was going to work. I remember getting to the battle a few hours in and was dismayed that it was a spectacular fail.
    I was also convinced adder came allied just to read through the entire private forums so that he could go back axis and know all our secrets. Like George c Scott in patton...."I read (rommels) your book, I read your book you sonofabitch!)"

Last Online
    11-13-2018
    Country
    This is denusjj's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I remember that it was always interesting with you Adder

World at War
    British Company Officer
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    02-26-2019
    Country
    This is 1AB|Cpt Soldier's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turning 21 basically killed me being active. But good to see you are still breathing Adder, I was a tanker captain 2 campaigns ago? I barely remember. Most of my memories are 13, 14, and 20... Everything else is kinda blurry. I guess drinking does that to you.

Weird to think its been 8 years since my first battle....

Sig by Arc9
    "I know how to put my finger in everyone's soup, and you sir do not" - Whinger
    "I am crippled not retarded..." -Skooter

Quote Originally Posted by 92| Pv ValHallas View Post
    I was so convinced that plan was going to work. I remember getting to the battle a few hours in and was dismayed that it was a spectacular fail.
    I was also convinced adder came allied just to read through the entire private forums so that he could go back axis and know all our secrets. Like George c Scott in patton...."I read (rommels) your book, I read your book you sonofabitch!)"
    It was a simple issue of great on paper, good in practice... flawed in battle. The idea of having every solider in a tank equipped with HE worked fine when it was 8 vets VS 8 infantry but when we got the new guys not wanting to drive tanks forward, tanks being abandon and the travel time on that map it fell apart.

It could have worked with a campaign 10 division but a campaign 20+ division we did not have 15 people for every spot they wanted to play. Fatigue becomes an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 92P|Ct Soldier View Post
    Turning 21 basically killed me being active. But good to see you are still breathing Adder, I was a tanker captain 2 campaigns ago? I barely remember. Most of my memories are 13, 14, and 20... Everything else is kinda blurry. I guess drinking does that to you.

Weird to think its been 8 years since my first battle....
    That time issue makes everything odd.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 26 P 2's would have worked better, we still wouldn't have won, if we had spawned back in main when we died and kept taking them but we did not. You'd see 10 of them sitting there and the numbers of them were the strats only advantage. Maybe we'd have gotten a round or two and been closer in others.

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    07-20-2019
    Country
    This is 1ABb|Cpt Squarebasher's Country Flag

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Adder nice to see you are still around, I spoke to kommi about 3 months ago he plays a bit of MWO, he was getting on fine at the time.

I know we had a few tussles in the past on the forums, but on TS we always had good chats, it was great fun.

How are you doing in RL these days, and do you still game.

Registered User Allies 31 Private
    Last Online
    04-15-2018
    Country
    This is BsP Firelord's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, that 26 P2 battle will never be forgotten, huh? The campaigns I remember are 9 (my first camp), classic (cause it was something new) and 20 (first time as captain so I was motivated again after some mediocre camps).

Ban-Happy Veteran Axis 25 Ittohei
    Last Online
    08-01-2018
    Country
    This is [SEB]Kharabakh's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pfff... Young kids these days!
    How's everyone doing? I pop up on the forums now and again, but nothing more past that.
    Adder, you'll always be remembered as one of the most productive and out spoken players in the WaW environment, just not sure if that's a good thing or not...
    Anyway, I decided to revisit the forums again, because a good friend passed away (Shawn Williams, aka Airborne), and that get's you onto one of those moods, checking back on your younger years...

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Grenadier
    Last Online
    07-09-2019
    Country
    This is 2WD/|Mister_Flanders's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought about myself as sort of a youngling, with all the longtimers around me talking about camp's before my time...

Suddenly, when this thread start mentioning battles I recall, and also some ppl I recall show up (Long time no see, Khar!), I realized I am not as new as I thought I was!

Last Online
    08-01-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flanders!
    So good to see you my friend.
    Yup, those youngling years are far behind,you are now a veteran of your own right.
    All is well, I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by 3|LCol Squarebasher View Post
    Hi Adder nice to see you are still around, I spoke to kommi about 3 months ago he plays a bit of MWO, he was getting on fine at the time.

I know we had a few tussles in the past on the forums, but on TS we always had good chats, it was great fun.

How are you doing in RL these days, and do you still game.
    We aggressively disagreed on paper and were the height of curtsey on TS sounds about right. Sounds like some of the later relationships I had between professors and myself and between doctors and I. In person all smiles and happiness but via email the knives came out.
    I still game but about the only place any of you are likely to see me is Bf4 of which I have exactly one friend on the old friend list from BFE and TechX and I have not been in a game together for nine months now.

Quote Originally Posted by [SEB]Kharabakh View Post
    Pfff... Young kids these days!
    How's everyone doing? I pop up on the forums now and again, but nothing more past that.
    Adder, you'll always be remembered as one of the most productive and out spoken players in the WaW environment, just not sure if that's a good thing or not...
    Anyway, I decided to revisit the forums again, because a good friend passed away (Shawn Williams, aka Airborne), and that get's you onto one of those moods, checking back on your younger years...
    I've been checking the thread every few days to see if anything new popped up and I'm sorry to hear about Airborne, I did not know him well but I am sorry for his loss.

Also good to hear about Kommi I always wondered what besides kids had happened to him after 14.

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Grenadier
    Last Online
    07-09-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flanders!
    So good to see you my friend.
    Yup, those youngling years are far behind,you are now a veteran of your own right.
    All is well, I hope?
    Still going strong up here in the cold north!
    Finally started studying (shipping and logistics)after one free year, and one year in the Royal Norwegian Navy.

Everything well down south?

Last Online
    08-01-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As well as it can be, for the time being.
    Was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few months back, but, apparently, the treatment is working, 'cos the docs told me there was a void in my brain... I honestly believe they switched a few words and should've said that there's a brain in my void, but I won't be picky.
    Daughters are fine, and so is the wife, apart from being crazy and staying married to me.
    Cat is totally mental, broke 3 headsets in the year he's been part of the family.
    Computers are going out the window, the laptop is totally messed up, despite cleaning its insides it still heats up too much.
    Desktop just freezes every now and again...
    All in all, no good prospect for gaming

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Grenadier
    Last Online
    07-09-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... A tumor?
    Damn... Good that the treatment is working!

I actually think that is pretty normal behavior for cats, as the cat of a friend of mine is ALWAYS trying to lay down on his keyboard when he is gaming (and it gets angry when his GF doesn't watch series on the computer either, since it is watching them too).
    Our own cats are just lazy bastards who runs for the kitchen (or lies down in front of the refrigerator) whenever we are just slightly moving in that direction.

Have you tried to buy external fans for the laptop? That helped for a friend of mine (and myself, before I bought this new stationary PC)!

Excluding the tumor and such, it's good to hear that it is going well for you!

Registered User Axis 29 Scheutze
    Last Online
    08-01-2018
    Country
    This is Cyan Winters's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As well as it can be, for the time being.
    Was diagnosed with a brain tumor a few months back, but, apparently, the treatment is working, 'cos the docs told me there was a void in my brain... I honestly believe they switched a few words and should've said that there's a brain in my void, but I won't be picky.
    Daughters are fine, and so is the wife, apart from being crazy and staying married to me.
    Cat is totally mental, broke 3 headsets in the year he's been part of the family.
    Computers are going out the window, the laptop is totally messed up, despite cleaning its insides it still heats up too much.
    Desktop just freezes every now and again...
    All in all, no good prospect for gaming
    I see I'm a bit late to the party and most likely missed you even being back Khar, but I figured I should stop and say hello!

You were one of my closest internet friends for several years here at WaW and even though that was, holy ****, like 10 years ago, the memories of that time are still pretty deeply ingrained. I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis but if I know you you'll be far too stubborn to let anything slow you down. Best of luck my friend, glad to hear the treatment is going well.
    Cyan Winters.
    Excellence in tanks since Campaign 6
    [6][7][8][9][10][11][12][20][21][22][23][24][27]

Last Online
    06-05-2019
    Country
    This is AB*Rct KullaN's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. I decide to have a look at the forums for the first time in ages, and there is a large collection of old farts discussing memories of a better time, long long ago
    So is this place still "alive"? I use TS to talk to some of you every once in a bit, and it's fun to see that people are still checking in!
    /KullaN

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    08-11-2019
    Country
    This is Buzz Adams's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adder, you always did have a convenient memory. We are all getting older, good Lord willing.

Glad you are doing okay. Good to see guys posting.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Registered User Allies 31 Private
    Last Online
    06-04-2019
    Country
    This is AB*Rct [130.Pz]S.Lainer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adder....Dear god.