09-02-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB|pvt.gmerpyleusmc's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noticed Phishing Popup Ad Twice

See the attached screen cap. I posted this video from Youtube in Bailing's NCAA Football thread, and the popup ad was served twice. I don't think the issue is with Youtube as I didn't see it there despite watching this twice on that site and once on Facebook.

I'm guessing it's being served from our BBS, which is scary. Any ideas admins? Thanks. Edit: Watched it again. same ad served

bad ad served.jpg

Tking like FlyGuy since WaW #16 / In Tanks since WaW #17

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Noticed Phishing Popup Ad Twice

That's an ad served by Google, (who owns YouTube). Look at the picture and see the small vertical yellow bar on the red time progress bar. That is the time that the ad pops up. In some cases, the ad can be different depending upon your browsing habits since much of one's browsing activity is tracked. It's more sophisticated these days than relying upon cookies alone.

BTW, I just checked by logging out of the forums, going to YouTube, searching using only the "JfPe22RJA7M" YouTube code, and running the same football video. Same thing, although a little different ad; it says "Your Computer is Slow" blah blah blah. Also, my video rendering looks better than yours, but maybe that is from your taking a snapshot so you could post it to us. The lower right side of the pop-up says, "Ads by Google", but is more clear on my attempt. Both have the same pop-up in the upper right to Subscribe to Tide 99.1, although that is an ad put up by the poster of the video.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    09-02-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB|pvt.gmerpyleusmc's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Noticed Phishing Popup Ad Twice

That's what I found really weird about the whole thing. If I watched it in Facebook or on Youtube, the ad wasn't for "your pc is slow" but something else. I dunno - tennis crap maybe. That's why it bothered me that it came up three times in a row here with the ad which basically says "click here for nasty malware."

Thanks Melvin.

Tking like FlyGuy since WaW #16 / In Tanks since WaW #17