05-26-2018
    Country
    This is Dago Red's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Launching Fh2.6?

I have no launcher or shortcut to start the game either on desktop or in start menu -- anyone else?

A couple hours after the new launcher finished updating the game I hit play and was taken into the game as normal. I joined a multiplayer server for 1 minute to test, then exited.

Now... when I click on the shortcut on my desktop it is invalid and no other shortcut or launcher icon was created. How do you launch the game? And/or where do you find the launcher to create a shortcut on the desktop?

(yes I went into program files, found the FH2 .exe, and R-click created a new shortcut but that only launched vanilla)
    WOLF is dead, long live WOLF.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    01-30-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Launching Fh2.6?

I just posted something about this for FH2.46. I hope this helps. BTW, I have been using my old FH2.45 shortcut. It works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]TA|Melvin View Post
    Is there something people need to setup in their web browser? I get "Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (fh2) isn't associated with any program."

**edit -- Oh, answered my own question... There is a download for the Launch installer, but sadly my anti-malware votes NO! on it. I'm looking into it since I think it's a bogus determination. I mostly trust FH2 isn't going to release malware, but I'll see about setting up the browser protocol (fh2) association for myself.

BTW, I found the download at the second link below. I like that one better than the first link because it gives you more options on browsing for a server. I click the Empty Server and Connect boxes at the bottom of the page. The download for the Launcher install is the "Get FH2 Launcher" button at the bottom of the page.

If you have installed the FH2 Launcher, you are now able to click on links in the form of
    fh2://server.ip[:port]
    which will directly start Forgotten Hope and join the selected server.

This is usable form our gameserver page by clicking the joystick icon next to a server.
    http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_gameserver.php
    http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/qstat/ (standalone version)
    and also on every other website using those server connection links.

This also enables you to add a windows shortcut to your desktop, to directly join your favorite server.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

Last Online
    05-26-2018
    Country
    This is Dago Red's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very odd devs said this:

FH2.exe is obsolete now, don't use it to launch the mod. Furthermore, all FH 2.46 installers remove it, don't know why this didn't happen in your case.
    I located the launcher with their help within bf2/mods/fh2/bin and just created a shortcut to that!
    WOLF is dead, long live WOLF.

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Swede Chef
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is [WaW]TA|Stubbfan's Country Flag

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Launcher detects new versions etc automatically + all it's other functions. So that's what you should use.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    01-30-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well, I'm no dev. ;P Stubbfan IS!

I like less clicks to start the game. I'll become GI-Joe, regulation when it stops working.

Furthermore, I think creating a shortcut to the Launcher (if it wasn't installed for you), does not setup the browser (fh2) program association. At least it doesn't work for me. I'll need to run that Launcher install, I think. It's at http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/d...cher-Setup.exe

The default path to the launcher is a little different:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\bin\FH2Launcher.exe"
    Ha, I put mine elsewhere, too, (a different drive). Installer would know this.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA