Last Online
    04-28-2017
    Country
    This is 92B|Pv MrBen's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being kicked by Punkbuster all the time?

WaW10: Gw[Gj37]^^^|MrBen; WaW11: Ki[ToL]^^|MrBen; WaW12: Yk[J43]^|MrBen; WaW13: Wi[45Pzl]^^|MrBen; WaW14: [47Sgb]T|Lt.MrBen; WaW15: Me|MrBen; WaW16: H|52Cpl.MrBen; WaW17: PKF///MrBen; WaW18: MIB//MrBen; WaW19: ????; WaW20: G|60Lt MrBen; WaW21: KaK/ MrBen; WaW22: 64R|Lc MrBen; Waw23: 66U|Sgt MrBen; Waw24: FpN/ MrBen; WaW26: 72W|Cp MrBen; WaW27 TrT MrBen
    www.computerrepaireastleigh.com
    www.darcusltd.co.uk
    www.primaryspellingonline.co.uk

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    01-13-2015
    Country
    This is Flak Flunk 2's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Being kicked by Punkbuster all the time?

I do update manually ever friday night befor practice.

Played 4 hours with no problems.

Then my ping when't up to hover around 200 then I started to get PB problems!
    Flak Flunk 2

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Grenadier
    Last Online
    11-15-2019
    Country
    This is 2WD/|Mister_Flanders's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72P|Cp Flak Flunk 2 View Post
    I do update manually ever friday night befor practice.

Played 4 hours with no problems.

Then my ping when't up to hover around 200 then I started to get PB problems!
    +1

Forgotten Honor
    BF2 Manager

Last Online
    02-03-2013
    Country
    This is [F|H]TASS's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit that I got no idea myself where it comes from, but I keep having this issue for years. What usually gets me rid of those kicks is to restart the game before attempting to rejoin. It also helped Moiraine during the battle if I recall correctly.

What I think it is, is PB have internal issues and crashing. Sometimes it is, in my case, preceeded by the message: blabla heartbeat stopped blabla.

Last Online
    06-14-2018
    Country
    This is Koketsu's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most PB (aka, Phucking Bollocks) errors are derived from a communication failure, there is literaly a 1001 ways this could happen and aint much you can do about it..

Months ago PB had a major change in the way it calculates Packet loss to catch out the cheats that were abusing it, thus the tolerance level of Packet Loss was reduced and any slight comms failure, lag spike, bad node, blip, hiccup and net fart will chuck you out the game.

i have struggled with PB for a long time now and there is no real fix.. but manual updating is the best way to lessen the failures

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
    NO SCOPE CORN SHOT

Registered User Allies 31 Sergeant
    Last Online
    04-27-2017
    Country
    This is 3B|Sg Versus's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe restarting the pnkbstra & pnkbstrb services could also help? A fresh startup of those services could help I guess...

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    12-13-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a good idea to always try the manual update, first. At least you know you have up-to-date PB files.

Yes Kotesu, since that PB engine update the WaW servers had seen an increase in PB kicks due to "Losing Key Packets 9014". The error we see is:
    VIOLATION (IGNORING QUERIES) #9014: ... Kick Command Issued (Losing Key Packets 9014)
    But lately, that doesn't seem so bad. Maybe it is because of fewer numbers since we play our campaigns on a different server than the WaW Pubbie one. I don't know the instance of that PB error on our battle server; maybe TASS has server stats on that.

In the past, I found to relieve the 9014 error, one could try to have a streamlined network connection from the cable/DSL modem into the guts of the PC. Yeah, not real technical. But it seemed to be less of a problem for people with fast, efficient computers; e.g., have plenty of memory, a fast CPU, and minimize any network filtering like routers and firewalls. I have never had the problem after I upgraded my PC from Win XP x32 to Win7 x64, which takes greater advantage of my 4GB of RAM, (that should probably be a minimum for various performance reasons), and better CPU utilization. My provider, a cable company, has a fast connection to the internet "backbone".

I've been lucky with all servers I've tried, North American and European, (I'm located in California). I don't recall ever getting that PB kick since my OS update. It seems that the solution is all up to us and our PC's. Well, ours is really a workaround... cough, cough...
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

Last Online
    06-14-2018
    Country
    This is Koketsu's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Melvin.. during Campaign 25 i had a lot of issues with custom maps but not with stock maps, during training, practices and/or map reviews i never had an issue, come battle day however.. boom PB kicks.

After a while i found that this happened to anybody and everybody at some point, regardless of the PC spec, but those with older machines struggled the most ie: Myslef.. AMD XP 2000, 2 GB RAM, 256 Graphic card.. see, terrible i know but it is enough to run BF2/FH2.. i just struggle with the addition content WaW added mainly due to optimisation.. Anyways i have the best net you can buy so i determined that although its not directly a communication fault per say but anything that can cause a flutter, such as aggrivated load times, graphical lag, bad fps etc can cause you to loose a packet and thus join the ranks of PB casualties.. so why does it happen to those with good computers? conclusion, no idea, PB is the devil incarnate..

So far this campaign i have suffered one PB kick.. for me its all down to the maps, how well they are optimised, so far so good. Like Melvin says.. streamline and optimise your pc to compensate for any shortfall with you comp spec, do the manual update of PB and hope for the best.
    NO SCOPE CORN SHOT