Country
    This is 74C|W2 TassieDevil's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Oceania players need a little help

Hi all,

Some might see this appeal as extremely unrealistic. For those, your constructive and useful comments are welcome - flaming is not. This thread might also be in breach of forum rules (I did check, but couldn't see anything applicable). If so, please delete, or move to a more appropriate location).

In my introductory post on the FH2T forum recently, I mentioned the aging BF2 platform, and the apparent slow decline of FH2 despite a small, keen community of supporters and developers. We all like to play on well populated servers, public games or otherwise, and enjoy being able to join in such games pretty much around the clock. But since FH2 was released, no doubt, players from Australia and the SE Pacific / Asia regions have, should they wish to play on well-supported servers, had little choice but to play on European and US servers, and bear the relative handicap that a higher ping time entails.

In a nutshell, we've been adding to the numbers in EU and US servers for years, but for the sake of the longevity of the community and this game we all enjoy so much, I'm here to ask the same favour of EU, US and other international players in return.

Oceania players, who have been kindly provided their own section on the ForgottenHonor forum, and four reliable servers thanks to the generosity of the wonderful folks at the AEF gaming community last weekend started an FH2 Campaign entitled "A New Dawn".

Whilst we've had some overseas players sign-up, it seems common that they do so without realising the server location and time of our events and, more often than not, they simply disappear once they find out. From what I've seen in my short time with them so far, most never show at all.

Our 12 week campaign is a more social game than FH2T, and the battles consist of just 2 x 1hr rounds. We may even do some practice / training / recon at the same time on any weeknight. Tues to Fri nights have been popular. We'll tend to gather an hour or two before the battle for any last-minute preparations, too.

The only thing that is fairly strict is our start time for our battles, which is currently 9:00am UTC each Saturday morning, I believe. (Saturday 8:00pm AEDST). This translates to:

2:00am PDT (UTC-7) for US West coast

5:00am EDT (UTC-4) for US East coast

11:00am CEST (UTC+2) for Central European players.

Use this Time Zone Converter for other locations, setting the competition time to 8:00pm Sydney time.

Feel free to drop into the AEF's TeamSpeak server with us at 202.62.137.195:9989, and look for us in the "private channels" for Forgotten Hope 2.

For those players who are able, we'd love to have you and would be most grateful for your effort and participation. You'd be helping keep interest in this game alive, and supporting your fellow players worldwide.

Thanks for reading.

Gary
    Last edited by 74C|W2 TassieDevil; 10-16-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    WaW #25 - Free French 70e Division Légère Mécanisée - 70R|Ma TassieDevil - Best New Player

WaW (FH2T) #26 - 72nd Maori Armoured Division - 72W|2L TassieDevil

WaW #27 - 74th Canadian Mounted Division - 74C|W2 TassieDevil

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Grenadier
    Last Online
    09-02-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD|Airsoft's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ocenia players need a little help

I would love to look into this man, sounds like a great idea.

World at War Gears
    Last Online
    09-29-2018
    Country
    This is Avrojet's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Oceania players need a little help

Posting this is fine Tassie.

Saturday morning seems ideal for euros who are sitting at home with nothing to do

For Americans it might be too early but you never know.

Registered User Allies 27 Warrant Officer 2
    Last Online
    05-13-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]TC|Avrojet View Post
    Posting this is fine Tassie.
    Thanks mate.

Saturday morning seems ideal for euros who are sitting at home with nothing to do

For Americans it might be too early but you never know.
    My thoughts exactly. I kinda figured catching fresh fish requires one to actually go fishing. Ya know.. we can be pretty smart down here in these parts, on occasion..

Chances are I'm not the only FH2 player, for whatever reason, with time on their hands and unusual circumstances which may allow their involvement.

And I'll be trying to do whatever I can to dispel the apparently widely promoted feeling that players with a higher ping can't be appreciated, or fulfil any useful role or purpose in an effort against an enemy.

Gary
    WaW #25 - Free French 70e Division Légère Mécanisée - 70R|Ma TassieDevil - Best New Player

World at War
    US Field Officer
    Allies 31 Captain
    Last Online
    11-11-2018
    Country
    This is 3B|Ct KSolo's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You almost fished me in for the thing, Tassie! I started considering it, but reality hit me in the back of the head hard and pointed out that I will likely never wake up at 5am EST to make it... unless I was hanging out the night before and was still up... and drunk... and effectively useless to helping you out on the battlefield!

Sorry, mate! Sure sounds interesting, though.

Campaign History:

Registered User Waw31 Axis Avatar
    Last Online
    07-14-2018
    Country
    This is Spindrifter49's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tassie,
    I think that you prove that high pings are not so much of a handicap everytime you join us and kick a$$. I'm afraid that 3am is usually a little too early for me. Next time I do get up early I will try to see what is going on.
    Spindrifter

66K|lt

Registered User Allies 30 Private
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country
    This is 94P|Pf peppervieze's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll join in sometime, its worth a try. Although last time I was on the AEF server my ping was bad enough to influence my movement in the game to such a degree that it become unplayable.

Damned if we do, no fun if we don't

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
    George Carlin

Forgotten Honor
    BF2 Manager

Last Online
    02-03-2013
    Country
    This is [F|H]TASS's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about it guys. I've tried one of those oceania camps in the past, back in the days when they were still playing on fh1. However it turned out to much for me to have fh2 battles on friday nights, fh1 oceania on saturday morning and fh1 euro/us on saturday evenings

I am afraid I still won't be able to join, but it might be someting for some of you

Last Online
    06-14-2018
    Country
    This is Koketsu's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i finaly got this.. sorry i forgot last week but hey im in now Tassie.. i went axis cos they got less it seems, anyoo.. i got all the server info and shiz from last time so now i just have to remember to get up Saturday mornings.. cya on the battlefield
    NO SCOPE CORN SHOT

Last Online
    05-13-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72W|Sg Spindrifter View Post
    Tassie, I think that you prove that high pings are not so much of a handicap everytime you join us and kick a$$.
    Spin, the times I "kick arse" are few and far between, mate.. but it doesn't stop me from trying my best to contribute to the effort anyway. But yea.. understand the time makes it difficult for US players who aren't shift-workers, night-owls or otherwise plagued with significant sleep problems.. as I am..

Quote Originally Posted by 72O|Pt peppervieze View Post
    I'll join in sometime, its worth a try. Although last time I was on the AEF server my ping was bad enough to influence my movement in the game to such a degree that it become unplayable.
    You're always welcome, Pepper. The guys really enjoyed our chat on TS last weekend. Give it a shot when you're able, anyway.. just remember you need to sign up.. you can't just turn up and play, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by [F|H]TASS View Post
    Think about it guys. I've tried one of those oceania camps in the past, back in the days when they were still playing on fh1. However it turned out to much for me to have fh2 battles on friday nights, fh1 oceania on saturday morning and fh1 euro/us on saturday evenings

I am afraid I still won't be able to join, but it might be someting for some of you
    Thanks for your support, Tass. Not sure why, but I feel most uncomfortable with your nickname, for some reason...

Too much for ya, eh ? What ya think I do each weekend to play in FH2T ? No resolve, these Germans...

Quote Originally Posted by 72O|Lc Koketsu View Post
    Ok i finaly got this.. sorry i forgot last week but hey im in now Tassie.. i went axis cos they got less it seems, anyoo.. i got all the server info and shiz from last time so now i just have to remember to get up Saturday mornings.. cya on the battlefield
    See, there ya go. Steely determination of the Brits, 'n' all that. Show 'em how it's done, Koketsu !

Now, where's that Airsoft fella ??

And I thought there may have been a little more interest from mainland Euro players, given the game time. C'moonnnn.... the more, the merrier!

Gary
    Last edited by 74C|W2 TassieDevil; 10-12-2012 at 12:11 PM.

Registered User Allies 30 Private
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country
    This is 94P|Pf peppervieze's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aussie, I have signed up, can I presume that the battles now begin 1 hour later then in your original post?

Damned if we do, no fun if we don't

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
    George Carlin

Last Online
    05-13-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72O|Pt peppervieze View Post
    Aussie, I have signed up, can I presume that the battles now begin 1 hour later then in your original post?
    Good stuff !

Yes mate.. daylight savings has now started.. so 10.30am UTC each Saturday, I expect.

See yas there.

Gary

Last Online
    05-13-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a couple of people ask about the times we're playing. As we've had a recent change due to daylight saving starting 2 weekends ago, plus an even more recent decision to make the battles 30 minutes later than they have been so far, it's done my head in..

I've adjusted the times in the main post at the top of this thread. I'm fairly certain they're accurate... if they're not, it means you'll simply be there 30 minutes earlier... no big deal, as we prefer people to turn up early anyway..

Practice for the Allied team occurs on Wednesday nites (same times), but there may be other nites where players want to practice or develop strats as well.

Gary

Last Online
    05-13-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This campaign ended a few weeks ago... regrettably, on a bit of a sour note..

Regardless of that, a few of us have resumed playing FH2 pubby games on Wednesday and Saturday evenings. (I've also started getting into ARMA2 and the ACE + Invasion44 mods with the Dapper Gents on occasion. A few of the Oceania guys are showing an interest in that, too.)

Anyway, there's been an issue with the AEF pubby FH2 server which, for whatever reason, is taking time to get sorted, and so we've been playing on one of the 762 servers until then. If you're free, keep an eye out and come join us... around 9:30-10:30am GMT start time, and we usually play for a few hours.

The AEF's TeamSpeak server is at 202.62.137.195:9989, and look for us in the "private channels" for Forgotten Hope 2.

TassieDevil