09-05-2015
    Country
    This is 94P|Pf peppervieze's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forum buggered

Something is buggered in the forums, to be more precise, the signatures.

I present you this lovely page filling signature:

As you can see it does a spiffing good job of filling my screen(1280x1024) with no content at all. The blank lines at the bottom are persistent in all signatures. Some have more then others, in this case it's about 14 to 18 lines but most signatures have about 4 to 8 lines at the bottom. Not quite sure what is causing this.

EDIT: Noticed I have a couple of those lines myself. Tried removing it but the signature editor doesnt show them. Either it's adding them afterwards when saving the signature or its in the rendering portion of the forum. My money is on the latter.

Damned if we do, no fun if we don't

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
    George Carlin

Registered User JamesBond
    Last Online
    08-04-2018
    Country
    This is [21CW]TA|JamesBond007's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Forum buggered

Well, i checked his sig, he had a lot of empty lines at the end with center-tags. After i removed them, everything is fine. Seems like a mistake on user-basis. Check result here:
    http://bfewaw.com/showthread.php?t=284436

[27MB] [34IB] [1MD] [3ID] [101st] [1MEB] [13ME] [2ID]
    [10MD] [4ID] [3ID] [CinC]
    [PO] [FA] [TA] [TC] [MyIS]

Registered User Allies 30 Private
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers, although most other sig's(yours and mine) still appear to have a couple of extra linebreaks at the end(4 to 5). My best bet is the browser(Firefox 3.6.22) since google Chrome(14.08.3something) appears to render it fine, except for the fact that it places the lines above the signature(in the actual post). No idea if it could be in the javascript. Although that seems onlikely. I have only myis URL javascript running.

EDIT: Just noticed it's actually quite random. In the top post the sig has no added blank lines. In this post it has about 12 blank lines.

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
    George Carlin

Last Online
    08-04-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The empty lines at the end of my sig are there, because the forum has a minimum size of a post set. So whenever you post less than eg. 10 lines, it automaticly adds those lines to the end of your post, make them appear behind the sig.

Last Online
    08-04-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The empty lines at the end of my sig are there, because the forum has a minimum size of a post set. So whenever you post less than eg. 10 lines, it automaticly adds those lines to the end of your post, make them appear behind the sig.

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Swede Chef
    Last Online
    01-15-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]TA|Stubbfan's Country Flag

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's there to allow the left side to show the avatar, all the info and the medals without cutting it off.

Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, how ineffective. Oh well, nothing we can do about that.

George Carlin

Last Online
    08-04-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mhh, actually it's in there, cause people complained about their Medals not beeing shown completely

Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesnt surprise me, It's a bit like a public masturbation for some. Oh well, time to install lynx!

Bugger, your server rejects the lynx browser(probably improper error handling under http 1.1). I do notice you guys are running a couple versions behind on apache and subversion at bfewaw.com. Have you guys done any penetration testing lately?

George Carlin

Last Online
    11-12-2018
    Country
    This is [KIA] P3rfor@or's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 68R|SS peppervieze View Post
    Have you guys done any penetration testing lately?

Ooooh Matron!

I only came on here to report that I'd had a database error on the forums and what do I find?

Hi Pepper!!

Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [KIA] P3rfor@or View Post
    Ooooh Matron!

I only came on here to report that I'd had a database error on the forums and what do I find?

Hi Pepper!!
    Always a pleasure to be the source of disturbing quotes ripped from context

HI PERF!

George Carlin