Last Online
    03-22-2012
    Country
    This is [1CAG]D|Capt.Sword's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we used to number our flags, which made TS alot cleaner.

That way you dont have to even think you just call the number and you move from there...

Either way having a personalized overlay will help, rather than hurt so we should move forward and bring this to the table.

Sword

If you find your self in a fair fight, you didn't plan well enough.
    Shhhhhh

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    07-03-2018
    Country
    This is Whinger's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh well,yeah that's nice.I'm all up on it and try it.

Registered User Allies 30 Private
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country
    This is 94P|Pf peppervieze's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just did a quick test with the minimap in the client.zip it works fine, even though my .dds file was a 8th of the original file in disk size. Unless there are any moral objections then I say we go for this.

And, if someone is hacking then its easy enough to browse through the pb screenshots(10.000 per battle). Yes, I have done it and its possible, especially if you distribute the workload.

Damned if we do, no fun if we don't

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
    George Carlin

Registered User Allies 27 Private
    Last Online
    09-22-2016
    Country
    This is Paasky's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, we've got two options:

1) Exlude the ingamemap.dds from the client.zip and distribute it in the map.rar in the correct folder. Pro: Easy to install minimap hotfixes, Con: Need to remove it from client.zip and add it in the map.rar while packing & distributing the map.

Basically the file structure would be this:
    mapname.rar
    - \ info folder
    - \ hud folder
    - - - \ minimap folder
    - - - - - \ ingameMap.dds
    - \ client.zip
    - \ server.zip

Map extraction would be exactly the same for the end-user as it is now. Only the person who packs the map needs to do anything different.

2) Have everyone add it into the client.zip. Pro: Packing maps is done exactly like before, Con: While extracting the map the user needs to select a separate radio button so it merges instead of replacing. If you don't do this, windows will simply overwrite your client.zip (which has all the game files) with the minimap hotfix client.zip, which only has the minimap. Meaning the map needs to be re-extracted.

I'm very sure that no one will always remember to select that radio button while extracting, which will lead to much frustration. Which is why I still strongly suggest option 1.

Then there's still option 3 which is that the minimap "hotfix" would actually be the entire map, and would make everyone download the map twice.

Sionnach: I have come to the conclusion that you [Paasky] are a complete nutcase.
    Grunty: Paasky is officialy insane. It wasn't official until somone like me said it. I'm bad but Paasky is bloody looney.
    KiMo: Nah nothing against you... I think your insane, that's all.

Registered User Allies 30 Private
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country
    This is 94P|Pf peppervieze's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could have division create there own hotfix for the minimap, just provide the .dds and people can install it in the way they like, or not install it if they dont care for it.

Damned if we do, no fun if we don't

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
    George Carlin