12-12-2015
    Country
    This is Bernout's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rally Points

I like 'em but can we make them easier to kill?

After you finally find the bloody things in the tall grass it sucks that the only way to take it out is with a grenade. I believe in PR a couple of clips of ammo on most guns would do it as well, or at least it used to be like that.

Bernout
    Axis-WaW 22: 269 Copas AzC~~~ Bernout - Voted Best CO, Spotter

Axis-WaW 18: Tirpitz MIT~~~ Bernout - Voted Best In Division, Best Teamplayer

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    08-15-2016
    Country
    This is Thawk's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought in PR only a knife or a special grenade could take them out? Has been a while since I played though.

Giving it hitpoints or something might not be a bad idea because with the early war years and the lack of HE in British tanks forces the General to have to buy tanks, possibly not suited for that terrain/map, or have to rely on infantry to take it out. I wouldn't call it your average Faster Willy vs Maneuverable Kubel balance situation. But an actual gameplay disadvantage.

World at War Ambulance
    Last Online
    05-06-2018
    Country
    This is Trexer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rally points are still being tweaked, in fact I believe the mod team is working to make them a bit more visible at this very moment.

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    02-15-2019
    Country
    This is Skooterkid's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish we could knife them. Because 99% of the kits comes with a knife, and there has been many times that I find an enemy rally, but can't kill it because I have no grenades.

Registered User Allies 27 Private
    Last Online
    05-12-2013
    Country
    This is 74M|Pv.Kommisar's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, setting things to be damaged by certain weapons is tricky and involves the material code settings. PR set up things from the start in their mod with rally points and the like. We are taking FH which has a completely different material code set up. PR could make the knife take out the rally point like they did in the earlier version because of the specific way they set up their materials in the mod. And, no, that is no little thing to change.
    Ask me about my super-saver artillery discount

Registered User Allies 30 Private
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country
    This is 94P|Pf peppervieze's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might as well use this thread to announce this:

I have re-written the rally point system code in the past 2 weeks, finishd it today(final testing).

It has a highly optimized sorting of objects, so, that hopefully the rubber banding is gone, I think the RP system caused it.

A few new features:

Warp back to own RP - Warps the player back to his own RP if spawned on the wrong one. It that doesnt exist to its main base, if that doesnt exist then it will kill the player.

Vehicle RP - Now you cannot spawn a RP from a vehicle, even if you are in the drivers seat

RP based on Squad size -the RP is now alive as long as the squad is above a minimum. If this drops below then it gets destroyed, not on SL leave, which can be caused by a multitude of reasons.

And a few other behind the scenes changes. I hope to upload it to the practice servers tonight, if not then I will do it tommorow evening. This is also a request to report back as many errors as possible.

Damned if we do, no fun if we don't

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
    George Carlin

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [ModD] peppervieze View Post
    ...RP based on Squad size -the RP is now alive as long as the squad is above a minimum. If this drops below then it gets destroyed, not on SL leave, which can be caused by a multitude of reasons...
    I assume you mean everyone in the squad list for the minimum, not numbers alive in the squad.

Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes indeed!

The new files have been uploaded to both practice servers. Please test it and report and bugs back in here or to your divstaff.

One of the things im wondering about is that it may not fully function on the first spawn round of rallypoints, which can cause unwanted warping back to base instead of to your own rallypoint. I need this to be confirmed by having more then 2 squads/people in-game.

Good luck, il be online for questions tommorow evening.

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
    George Carlin

Registered User Allies 26 Staff Sergeant
    Last Online
    11-07-2012
    Country
    This is 72Q|Ct Pyrriche's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt we´ll get two squad online till then. In fact, expect it no sooner than saturday

As long as the rubberbanding is gone - if you want to test new stuff on saturday make sure you are around, please.

I know it´s only been rather small coding errors which caused some of the rubber banding, but don´t make us lag through the first battle

Registered User Allies 26 Private
    Last Online
    11-13-2018
    Country
    This is Mudi's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [ModD] peppervieze View Post
    RP based on Squad size -the RP is now alive as long as the squad is above a minimum. If this drops below then it gets destroyed, not on SL leave, which can be caused by a multitude of reasons.
    What about small squads like HQ ones with sometimes only two or three people in them. How will it work for them?

Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as before, they still need to have atleast 3 people in them and 2 together to create a RP.

anyway, the basics are working, should lag a lot less now. So it may be that the warp function isnt working this saturday, and people still end up in the mainbase when selecting the wrong one. I dont forsee problems with this. If it may go belly up I can put back the old code. I will make sure that im around for round start.

George Carlin

Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a problem with the way the old RP system was loaded in, it used the gameplayplugin file. But this time I programmed the RP system different, and thus it wasnt responding to it. Right now its loaded in the initialization phase.

Axis and Allies servers have the updated files. All is needed is a restart of the server for it to work.

George Carlin

Registered User Axis 30 Major
    Last Online
    06-24-2018
    Country
    This is Bs* w00ter's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pepper, can you please make sure there is a 30 second or 1 minute gap between each placement of the rally and that the minimum distance you can set the rally from the flag is implemented? It wasn't last scrim and made for some rather annoying, sometimes funny and often annoying rally points. ie inside the flag building

Pretty please

Campaign History: MIG^^ w00ter | LDG~ w00ter | B|60Ct w00ter | 62Brig w00ter | AzE~~~ w00ter | 66S|Ct w00ter | 68D|Pv w00ter

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why do you ask for the delay between deployments? Is there an exploit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ka**** Melvin View Post
    Why do you ask for the delay between deployments? Is there an exploit?
    A smart SL moving his Rally point around to dodge grenades and explosions.
    October 4th 2004-December 10th 2011

Registered User Allies 31 Private
    Last Online
    06-04-2019
    Country
    This is AB*Rct [130.Pz]S.Lainer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 62Brig w00ter View Post
    Pepper, can you please make sure there is a 30 second or 1 minute gap between each placement of the rally and that the minimum distance you can set the rally from the flag is implemented? It wasn't last scrim and made for some rather annoying, sometimes funny and often annoying rally points. ie inside the flag building

Pretty please

Argreed...I think I already asked the mod team this (can't remember the answer) But it would be nice to make the rally point distance map side so flags with a big radius could be changed up to keep the rally 20+ yards out of the cap zones.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [MTP]Adder View Post
    A smart SL moving his Rally point around to dodge grenades and explosions.
    That's right. We don't want smart SL in the game. LOL

Last Online
    12-06-2016
    Country
    This is BigBlueCheese's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B62|Lt Skooterkid View Post
    I wish we could knife them. Because 99% of the kits comes with a knife, and there has been many times that I find an enemy rally, but can't kill it because I have no grenades.
    You can s-mine them which is a highly amusing way of killing them

Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By default the rallypoints have a 90 second time interval between deployments. They must be placed atleast 50M from a valid CP. If these functions arent working then it means something else is breaking, woodrun for example was bugged because one of the mainbases wasnt uncappable(the temp basis that where on a elevated position). The old code didnt have the capabilities to anticipate these conditions. The new one has, it will first attempt to warp you back to your own rallypoint. If that doesnt exist to your own mainbase. If that doesnt exist it will attempt to kill you. If that fails you are lucky.

If needed the RP distance can be changed on a map to map basis.

George Carlin

Registered User Allies 26 Private
    Last Online
    03-16-2013
    Country
    This is 72S|LA Latreille's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont see the problem with a RP in the flag zone,i never heard anyone complain that an SL was in the flag zone. so why not with RP.
    it seems easyer to find since you know its outside a given radius.

Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I uploaded a working version of the RP system on both training servers. Note that this isnt tested yet for bugs, so if you find any please post them in here. Both servers still need a restart(stop server, start them) for them to work correctly. Thanks for all the patience this week!

To fully test it I recommend going online with atleast 3 people, 6 is prefferable. Once these bugs are ironed out I will start working on a new visual model. Also destroyable by AP.

George Carlin

Last Online
    06-24-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are very buggy wrt placing them. There was a lot of: "not enough people near" (even though we had 3 or 4 or 5 right beside the SL. Even with the SL going south, it wouldn't work all the time.

Campaign History: MIG^^ w00ter | LDG~ w00ter | B|60Ct w00ter | 62Brig w00ter | AzE~~~ w00ter | 66S|Ct w00ter | 68D|Pv w00ter

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    12-06-2019
    Country

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, we noticed that on the Axis Server, today. Sometimes 2 total needed; other times 3 (or more). We had restarted the server beforehand.

Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already think I know whats causing this. I will try and test a few things today.

What I did notice is that if you stay north of youre SL(so the SL is south) you should be able to spawn a RP.

George Carlin

Last Online
    11-07-2012
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think you can work it out?

I´d just like to know if I have to issue the order to always shoot at the enemies in the south first.

Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon its because I screwed up in the logics and math department, so yeah I can fix it. Not sure if it will be done by this saturday though, I'll be gone all day tommorow. The old RP code is still running on the battle server as is.

George Carlin

Last Online
    06-24-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noob, go use your programming genius and have something out for us to test today I'll be around and I'll gather some people, for some testing

Last Online
    11-07-2012
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as we can get a clear statement as on which code we ll get tomorrow (meaning, how many guys do you need to put a point down etc.) it doesn´t matter. But I´d like to have some clarity on it.

Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now the good ol code that worked last time is still on the battle server. I uploaded a fix for my own stupidity on the practice servers. It should fix the problems with only being able to sit at a certain wind direction from the SL and CP for it to correctly work.

Restart the server, and enjoy!

w00ter, now I do expect a full report!

George Carlin

As of last night, on the battlemap it worked fine minus the fact the distance away from flagzones was borked(You can put a RP as close to a flag as you like). But we placed and replaced and killed half a dozen RP's for both sides on the battleserver using the final battlemap.
    October 4th 2004-December 10th 2011