09-05-2015
    Country
    This is 94P|Pf peppervieze's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Adder.

The one thing that still needs to be tested as far as I know is the rally warping.

Get 2 squads, set up 2 rallypoints, and attempt to spawn on the other RP. This should warp you back to your own RP if it exist. If that doesnt exist then it warps you back to your base. If it cant find that then the code will kill you.

Damned if we do, no fun if we don't

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
    George Carlin

Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    This is Bernout's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just out of curiousity, why did we end up bailing on RPs during Woodrun yesterday?

I never saw any problems with them during the rounds I played at the start of the day.

Bernout
    Axis-WaW 22: 269 Copas AzC~~~ Bernout - Voted Best CO, Spotter

Axis-WaW 18: Tirpitz MIT~~~ Bernout - Voted Best In Division, Best Teamplayer

Registered User Axis 25 Yontohei
    Last Online
    03-07-2012
    Country
    This is YkD Frodo[XXII]'s Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i think that this is a controversial topic right now but I will explain my point of view on it to my knowledge of what happened.

As far as i know what happened was certain people we're glitching the rally points into walls and/or trees so it was difficult to find them and took massive amounts of explosives to kill them.

Now in my own personal opinion I feel that the people doing this should have been warned or just straight up battle banned, because glitching is a rule and needs to be enforced. But I understand that we're low on players and need to try to keep everybody around. But with that being said I think that we need a new rule section for RP's if we're going to keep them around about what you are allowed and not allowed to do with them.

If i'm wrong about what happened then correct me.

Castle Vaqueros---------------------Black Morass---------------------Caumont
    22 MyIS/MFOTS Sponsored Campaigns and Counting

Registered User Allies 31 Private
    Last Online
    04-15-2018
    Country
    This is BsP Firelord's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This rallypoint warping that pepper explained above did not really work for me yesterday and it did not work for others. If your own rally point was destroyed I could still spawn on it by selecting another rally point. Guess thats one reason why we stopped using it?

Registered User Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    06-08-2019
    Country
    This is Switz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KaX/// Firelord View Post
    This rallypoint warping that pepper explained above did not really work for me yesterday and it did not work for others. If your own rally point was destroyed I could still spawn on it by selecting another rally point. Guess thats one reason why we stopped using it?
    Yep that is the reason. People were spawning after rally was dead.

Registered User Allies 27 Private
    Last Online
    05-12-2013
    Country
    This is 74M|Pv.Kommisar's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Firelord said.

I had asked the axis to try and not use this dead RP warping; but was told that was not going to happen. So, I made the call to pull the RP system entirely.

Unfortunately, this warping issue appears to only occur when there is a large amount of spawn traffic that occurs when we have a nearly full server. If I understand Pepper correctly, it has to do with the way BF2 parses data and events.
    Ask me about my super-saver artillery discount

Registered User Axis 25 Yontohei
    Last Online
    03-07-2012
    Country
    This is YkD Frodo[XXII]'s Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad then and i understand the position you were put in.

Castle Vaqueros---------------------Black Morass---------------------Caumont
    22 MyIS/MFOTS Sponsored Campaigns and Counting

Registered User 23_polish Porucznik
    Last Online
    06-18-2011
    Country
    This is 66U|Lt Vernah's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could just use spawnable APCs then instead.

Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    This is Bernout's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [MTL]Kommisar View Post
    What Firelord said.

I had asked the axis to try and not use this dead RP warping; but was told that was not going to happen. So, I made the call to pull the RP system entirely.

Unfortunately, this warping issue appears to only occur when there is a large amount of spawn traffic that occurs when we have a nearly full server. If I understand Pepper correctly, it has to do with the way BF2 parses data and events.
    Thanks for the explanation. While you hate to have rules which aren't automatically enforced, this would have been a pretty easy one to work with. Hell, my company did it without even thinking about it because we didn't know about the glitch. lol I guess the Axis just enjoy hiding their SLs or were immensely confident on their ability with it.

Bernout
    Axis-WaW 22: 269 Copas AzC~~~ Bernout - Voted Best CO, Spotter

Axis-WaW 18: Tirpitz MIT~~~ Bernout - Voted Best In Division, Best Teamplayer

Registered User Axis 30 Major
    Last Online
    06-24-2018
    Country
    This is Bs* w00ter's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you making progress on the fix mr pepper?

Campaign History: MIG^^ w00ter | LDG~ w00ter | B|60Ct w00ter | 62Brig w00ter | AzE~~~ w00ter | 66S|Ct w00ter | 68D|Pv w00ter

Registered User Axis 27 Soldat
    Last Online
    06-24-2013
    Country
    This is TrT HerrWolf's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rally point position was also being kept from the previous round. I think it was the second round when one of my guys accidently spawned in on another squads RP and it took him to our RP location from the previous round.

Registered User Allies 30 Private
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still trying to find out were exactly this is coming from. I have not been able to reproduce this bug so far. Herr wolf, that seems unlikely, since at the end of each round each and every array is cleared and reset as empty.

Right now the RP's are in the freezer until I find a way to test this.

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
    George Carlin

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    06-10-2019
    Country
    This is 1ABb|Cpt Squarebasher's Country Flag

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [ModD] peppervieze View Post
    I am still trying to find out were exactly this is coming from. I have not been able to reproduce this bug so far. Herr wolf, that seems unlikely, since at the end of each round each and every array is cleared and reset as empty.

There is no reason why we should not use the rally point system in this weeks battle, the camp is over as far as a winner is concerned, I know we still want to give the allies a good fight in the remaining battles, but testing the RLs has to be important.

Testing with numbers is the only way we will see it right for the next camp.

Last Online
    06-24-2013
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [ModD] peppervieze View Post

Well the same happened during the goodwood test (and i reported it). I'll try and get some guys to help me test it on the practice server this week before/after practice.

Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I know it happends. Thing is that is just cannot replicate the bug. I have no clue were it is coming from or how to fix it right now. I have a few idea's but that is all. Right now im building a in-game debugger so I can atleast see were the script is failing.

George Carlin

Last Online
    06-24-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a new rally is set, were you guys still able to spawn on your old rally point positions?

Campaign History: MIG^^ w00ter | LDG~ w00ter | B|60Ct w00ter | 62Brig w00ter | AzE~~~ w00ter | 66S|Ct w00ter | 68D|Pv w00ter

World at War
    British Company Officer
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    05-24-2019
    Country
    This is riskmanagement's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KaK\ Vernah View Post
    Could just use spawnable APCs then instead.
    Not really the Allies did not buy efficient AT to deal with 1-2 spawn vehicles if we would have know they would be there, then a spawn able zook or Piat would also have been there for us, just like you guys had the schrek but probably not as many. I would have loved the rally to stay but this is just how things are.

And I agree with Square now is the time to test the rally!

Engineers lead the way..... ALL THE WAY
    Combat engineers will fight for a town, rebuild the town, build the road to the town, build a bridge over the river outside town, fortify and defend it all and then blow all of it up when we are done with it!

Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now im implementing a in-game print log that will dump a load of information on the ticker in the top left of the screen. Then I can examine and call extra data whilst the game is playing. That should allow me to see why its failing on the axis rallypoints when ran on the battle server.

George Carlin

Last Online
    06-24-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, this sounds like switching up the SL in a SL game to one that is alive in the area. If its true that your spawnpoint has to be dead and that the glitch is removed by making a new spawnpoint, then you are simply glitching to gain an advantage in battle (Spawning on an already dead rally point). Make everyone aware of this glitch so they don't do it. If they do, kick/battle ban/lose the round.

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    06-10-2019
    Country
    This is 1ABb|Cpt Squarebasher's Country Flag

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 62Brig w00ter View Post
    To me, this sounds like switching up the SL in a SL game to one that is alive in the area. If its true that your spawnpoint has to be dead and that the glitch is removed by making a new spawnpoint, then you are simply glitching to gain an advantage in battle (Spawning on an already dead rally point). Make everyone aware of this glitch so they don't do it. If they do, kick/battle ban/lose the round.
    Actually that is not strictly true, it is possible to do by mistake, I know because I did it.

And if we do use rally points this week to test it will need to be abused for Pepper to see what's wrong.

Last Online
    06-24-2013
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 62Brig w00ter View Post
    If a new rally is set, were you guys still able to spawn on your old rally point positions?
    No. All the occurrences were where a new RP had not been set.

Last Online
    10-09-2014
    Country
    This is 92P|Pv B.A.M.'s Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure its a fixable situation. I've played at other places where the rallies didn't have these errors. I agree with the above posts, The best way to help pepper and the others is to allow it on a battle day because thats when we have the most people playing. I enjoy the rally points even with the glitches.

Last Online
    06-24-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KaK/// BAM View Post
    I enjoy the rally points even with the glitches.
    here here

Last Online
    06-18-2011
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M62|Ct riskmanagement View Post
    Not really the Allies did not buy efficient AT to deal with 1-2 spawn vehicles if we would have know they would be there, then a spawn able zook or Piat would also have been there for us, just like you guys had the schrek but probably not as many. I would have loved the rally to stay but this is just how things are.

And I agree with Square now is the time to test the rally!
    Oh I didn't mean when the switch from rally points to SL was made, I mean for future battles, maybe make spawnable APCs for the larger maps and for the infantry only have spawnable trucks in it's place. That way there's working spawnable vehicles and these vehicles can have a real role instead of just meh.

But yeah, I'm hoping rally points work because that means SLs don't have to play the mobile spawn point role and hide in a corner all night and can actually pwn some nubs. If Rally points are forever dieded, I suggest just using vehicles then for spawn points instead of SL, that way everyone can plais and these vehicles will have better use.

Last Online
    10-09-2014
    Country
    This is 92P|Pv B.A.M.'s Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure Pepper and others can fix the problem. Just that rally tests from when I was there was no where near the numbers of battleday. Glitching inside walls/objects can be monitored by screenshots, and warping on a dead rally position can be avoided by not abusing it on purpose. These glitches are kinda minor (the glitching in statics and objects is a cheap move) and like I said 3 times already they can be fixed if we give them the proper testing.

Last Online
    06-18-2011
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KaK/// BAM View Post
    I'm sure Pepper and others can fix the problem. Just that rally tests from when I was there was no where near the numbers of battleday. Glitching inside walls/objects can be monitored by screenshots, and warping on a dead rally position can be avoided by not abusing it on purpose. These glitches are kinda minor (the glitching in statics and objects is a cheap move) and like I said 3 times already they can be fixed if we give them the proper testing.
    QFT. Plus if a SL decides to exploit RPs, boot em out.