11-21-2014
    Country
    This is 92P|Pv |KFG|Quervo's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why overcomplicate things?

I'm confident that most have heard the saying, 'if it's not broke, don't fix it', and yet this is exactly what we're doing with TS3. In fact, it could be argued that instead we're breaking a working system. The overcomplicated, as compared to TS2, steps required to use TS3 as we use voice comms seems a frivolous investment of time for no measurable return.

I understand TS3 is new and there are those who can rationalize that fact into a need, but this is disillusion at best. There is no appreciable qualitative benefit to switching to TS3 as far as I can tell. Any sound quality improvement is probably more the result of a proper ear cleaning than anything within the TS3 program with our demographic, you can almost bet on it.

I set up the CC thing as instructed but found I was unable to hear CC at all; though I understand I could be heard over it. Others complained that they could hear but not be heard. Anything that complicates, in any way at all, communication should be avoided at all costs rather than embraced. New isn't always improved regardless of what the adds tell you, this is certainly the case with TS3.

I've offered a reason for opposing the switch in a reasonable, logical manner. I would appreciate the TS3 fans who reply to do likewise, show the the logic behind the switch and leave the emotion at the door.

Registered User Allies 25 Capitaine
    Last Online
    04-04-2015
    Country
    This is 70R|Ct Niklas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say we wait till TS3 give out CC official. I followed the instruction aswell but I couldnt talk on CC. I tried to fix it but it didnt work.

I want TS2 back.

WaW [History]

Registered User Axis 25 Yontohei
    Last Online
    12-04-2016
    Country
    This is YkS Hickle's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what's funny quervo every time we do a change no matter what it is these argument are brought up.

While yes right now TS3 is slightly confusing, it was the first scrim we have ever used it. TS2 is simple to set up and we use it perfectly fine. So if at anypoint we want to go back we can.

But why just because right now it takes a little extra to set up CC? I mean to be honest that is the only thing that is different really. Other then that TS3 has a lot of good perks about it. And getting used to it know just means we don't have to use it later.

I'm not a fan of having 2 TS servers one for battle one for every other day. To be clear this is the first time we've used TS3 in a battle situation there were bound to be problems. But once those problems are found we can find solutions to fix them.

I remember when all the tourneys had 2 Teamspeak servers. One for each side. And we all played on different teamspeaks and rarely spoke to the other divisions. And then when we merged onto one server there was a lot of opposition yet it turned out fine.

All I'm saying is give it a few weeks before you really start critiquing it. If you have problems bring it up in the support forum and we can all find ways to overcome it.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Registered User Allies 30 Private
    Last Online
    11-21-2014
    Country
    This is 92P|Pv |KFG|Quervo's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am unaware of the perks of TS3 to me as a user or to the group at large, would you show me where I can find them?

I'm not being contrary, I need to be sold and so far I see no reason to buy.

I own my truck, I enjoy my truck, it is functional, in very good working order, has no body damage worth mentioning and with proper maintenance, it should outlive me. Convince me my I should buy a new one, it analogous to switch to ts3.

I am willing to test drive of course, but so far the ride isn't as smooth as I've grown accustomed to.

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    08-15-2016
    Country
    This is Thawk's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CC on TS3 worked brilliantly, it is easy to set up when you follow risks instructions. I see no reason to go back because Quervo is unhappy.

If you are having problems with CC you need to log on with someone else and test it until you figure out the wrong setting, because the fault is yours, not TS3s.

Registered User Allies 25 Capitaine
    Last Online
    04-04-2015
    Country
    This is 70R|Ct Niklas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quervo is not alone of this. All we say is:

Why not wait till TS3 comes with the actual CC?

WaW [History]

Registered User Allies 29 Private
    Last Online
    07-17-2014
    Country
    This is [2MR] Slayer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say TS2 for battles

Registered User Axis 30 Major
    Last Online
    06-24-2018
    Country
    This is Bs* w00ter's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to stick to ts3 for the simple fact it makes quite a few people's voices ... bearable I am also become a fan of how powers are handed out as well as the notifications and dings with PMs/ Whispers are also incredibly easy to set up along with a variety of other things.

Campaign History: MIG^^ w00ter | LDG~ w00ter | B|60Ct w00ter | 62Brig w00ter | AzE~~~ w00ter | 66S|Ct w00ter | 68D|Pv w00ter

Last Online
    08-15-2016
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KaR~~ Niklas View Post
    Quervo is not alone of this. All we say is:

Why not wait till TS3 comes with the actual CC?
    Instead of whining about how it doesn't work, tell us what exactly is wrong with your TS3 CC, then we can fix it.

Registered User Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    10-07-2018
    Country
    This is [WaW] LtnGeorge's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is no too hard to figure out how to get it working.
    Log onto TS3 and find someone in your division willing to help you.

I'll be in my channel avaiable for everyone in the Axis Division to help them with setting this up.

After hearing TS3 I wouldn't go back anymore, the sounds are so nice to your ears compared to the clipping of most voices in TS2
    WAW 16 - FJJ// LtnGeorge - WAW 17 - F|54Cp.LtnGeorge - WAW 18 - R|56Sm.LtnGeorge
    WAW 19 - LDB~~~ LtnGeorge - WAW 20 - KES^^^ LtnGeorge - WAW 21 - Ka* LtnGeorge
    WaW 22 - 64F|CM LtnGeorge - WAW 23 - Gj* LtnGeorge - WaW 24 - FpA~~~LtnGeorge
    WAW 25 - 70A|Ct LtnGeorge - WAW 30 - BsP~~LtnGeorge

World at War
    German Company Officer
    Axis 32 Hauptmann
    Last Online
    11-21-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD~~~|Janizki's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesnt it seem a bit odd that none of the ppl in the allied side are complaining, yet we face some difficoulties as you guys...Obviusly theres a difference in instructions on setting the CC workabouts.....unless risk's instructions have been posted outside our sub forum

History:

Last Online
    02-08-2019
    Country
    This is Method Maemph's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had the luck that my CC configuration worked on the first try- sure it´s bit complicated but if u understand the logic beyond it , it a real powerful tool with a lots of pros ( seperate volume config for each player, 3d effect, better quality....)

the tutorial was easy to use- so dont give up if you dont make it on the first try- try it again

@ niklas & quervo:
    ....and sure i can guide you guys to get your ts3 working
    - so pm me if your ts3 dont work, we´ll find a date to fix it...

Registered User Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    10-07-2018
    Country
    This is [WaW] LtnGeorge's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L62|Pv Janizki View Post
    Doesnt it seem a bit odd that none of the ppl in the allied side are complaining, yet we face some difficoulties as you guys...Obviusly theres a difference in instructions on setting the CC workabouts.....unless risk's instructions have been posted outside our sub forum
    Both Divisions use the same instructions made by Risk I believe.
    WAW 16 - FJJ// LtnGeorge - WAW 17 - F|54Cp.LtnGeorge - WAW 18 - R|56Sm.LtnGeorge
    WAW 19 - LDB~~~ LtnGeorge - WAW 20 - KES^^^ LtnGeorge - WAW 21 - Ka* LtnGeorge
    WaW 22 - 64F|CM LtnGeorge - WAW 23 - Gj* LtnGeorge - WaW 24 - FpA~~~LtnGeorge
    WAW 25 - 70A|Ct LtnGeorge - WAW 30 - BsP~~LtnGeorge

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Unterfeldwebel
    Last Online
    08-03-2019
    Country
    This is 2WD^|Hangman's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's just because none of us are up yet. I have to agree with quervo. the CC in ts3 is annoying becuase there is no way to turn it off. In ts2 I just have my hotkey to toggle it on or off but here I have to tab out which I can't during game so every time I want to turn it on or off I would have to disconnect, and then reconnect to bf2

Also, the extra connection uses up extra bandwidth. there you go, two good reasons to stay with ts2 until ts3 has real CC

I am 100% in favor of dropping Rallies and returning to SL spawn.

Registered User Allies 30 Private
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country
    This is 94P|Pf peppervieze's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you know it takes extra bandwidth? Have you compared the total TS3 bandwidth over a predetermined amount of time with a pre-determined amount of transmission to that of TS2? If not then its hard to say it takes extra bandwidth.

Damned if we do, no fun if we don't

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
    George Carlin

Last Online
    10-15-2012
    Country
    This is roscoe's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhm well the method we are using got changed after one battle at 21CW for that very reason...so yes, yes it does. They are just using whisper keys to other channels in the divisions without the secondary ghost account or whatever you want to call it that sits in another channel.

I am all for TS2 until there is an actual CC.
    Tg[J43]^^|roscoe - Gp[45PzL]~~|roscoe - Rm[48AD]1Lt.roscoe - Ra|~ roscoe - FJS^ roscoe - PKJ~~~ roscoe - MI* roscoe - LDG~~ roscoe - G|60Ct roscoe - KaP// roscoe - 66S|Sg roscoe
    WaW12-21 & 23.

Registered User Allies 27 Private
    Last Online
    09-22-2016
    Country
    This is Paasky's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Q62|Pv Hangman View Post
    that's just because none of us are up yet. I have to agree with quervo. the CC in ts3 is annoying becuase there is no way to turn it off. In ts2 I just have my hotkey to toggle it on or off but here I have to tab out which I can't during game so every time I want to turn it on or off I would have to disconnect, and then reconnect to bf2
    Set your CC person to use the separate hotkeylist, and add a hotkey to mute speakers for that list. There, done.

Sionnach: I have come to the conclusion that you [Paasky] are a complete nutcase.
    Grunty: Paasky is officialy insane. It wasn't official until somone like me said it. I'm bad but Paasky is bloody looney.
    KiMo: Nah nothing against you... I think your insane, that's all.

Last Online
    08-15-2016
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Q62|Pv Hangman View Post

Also, the extra connection uses up extra bandwidth. there you go, two good reasons to stay with ts2 until ts3 has real CC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka* Paasky View Post
    Set your CC person to use the separate hotkeylist, and add a hotkey to mute speakers for that list. There, done.
    Exactly, just set a whisper key to mute you're CC accounts sound. You can even make it your TS2's CC on/off button.

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Unterfeldwebel
    Last Online
    08-03-2019
    Country
    This is 2WD^|Hangman's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [ModD] peppervieze View Post
    How do you know it takes extra bandwidth? Have you compared the total TS3 bandwidth over a predetermined amount of time with a pre-determined amount of transmission to that of TS2? If not then its hard to say it takes extra bandwidth.
    It's simple arithmetic, two toasters plugged into the wall will use more power than one toaster. The same is true for any internet situation. Two connections for data transfer will use up more bandwidth than one connection. That is even when the same amount of net data is transferred because if it is split over two connections then there are more bits of meta-data and connection data sent overall, Therefore, increased bandwidth usage.

I am 100% in favor of dropping Rallies and returning to SL spawn.

Registered User Spanish Alférez
    Last Online
    10-24-2011
    Country
    This is AzB~ Cobra_steal's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M62|Pv Thawk View Post
    CC on TS3 worked brilliantly, it is easy to set up when you follow risks instructions. I see no reason to go back because Quervo is unhappy.

If you are having problems with CC you need to log on with someone else and test it until you figure out the wrong setting, because the fault is yours, not TS3s.

I'll play the devils advocate.

Overall thawk,TS3 provides better "3d voice" along with many small features that make it great. However,its lacking one major thing..and that's the simple fact of CC.

By that time, we where given a work-around by Risk,and it works! Although,to many eyes it seemed over complicated. So put it into prespective as a new player who wants to squad lead,and resulting to not even consider using CC for the very reason of "Over complication". Now,dont get me wrong..i was able to set up CC because i had the time and patience,but for does who dont have the time to set it up does not allow for NCO growth which results in overwhelmed officers.

Last Online
    08-15-2016
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appears complicated but actually isn't, it is a short step by step guide.

If someone is showing NCO potential then you as officer should take the time to make sure he has his stuff set up, not expect him to know how to do it. There is nothing wrong with a quick CC rundown and test before battle.

If someone is going to take the initiative to become a squad leader then they should have the ability to follow a simple guide as well, people who are committed will do what it takes and those who are not will give up and perhaps not having them in a command position might actually be a good thing.

Last Online
    10-15-2012
    Country
    This is roscoe's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't disagree that people shouldn't be able to follow a step-by-step guide (because they should!) but it should also be the tournament's goal to make things as simple as possible for players both new and old. Quervo has it right in naming the thread "Why overcomplicate things?" because that is what is being done by using TS3 at this point in time.
    Tg[J43]^^|roscoe - Gp[45PzL]~~|roscoe - Rm[48AD]1Lt.roscoe - Ra|~ roscoe - FJS^ roscoe - PKJ~~~ roscoe - MI* roscoe - LDG~~ roscoe - G|60Ct roscoe - KaP// roscoe - 66S|Sg roscoe
    WaW12-21 & 23.

Registered User 23_German Major
    Last Online
    05-07-2011
    Country
    This is Gj**** Cadyshack's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm for TS3. The process was easy to follow for me and except for that one bump in the road with my joystick, everything went swimmingly. Then I did a 10min search for my issue and came up with the answer. I highly doubt very many of us use the Saitek stick, and with my experience, their problem is already solved.

There's also one other nice tidbit for this, and that is the impossibility for someone to screwup their CC bind to broadcast to everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online
    03-08-2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TS3 is too quiet(IMO),I have sound adjustment to max and whether I'm playing a game or just chilling I'm still having to ask people to say stuff again
    Quote Originally Posted by G|60Ct roscoe View Post
    if we place all our arty strikes intelligently

World at War
    US Field Officer
    Allies 31 Captain
    Last Online
    11-11-2018
    Country
    This is 3B|Ct KSolo's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I initially had problems with setting up the CC, but right after the battle, w00ter helped me, along with several others, in properly setting it up. He was extremely patient and helpful, which is what good officers should do. Now, it is working fine and I am amped to test it next Scrim.

I like the simplicity of TS2 - I understood it well. But, while I agree with Quervo's concerns and appreciate his pro-activeness on creating this thread, I am fine with testing this new TS3 out. For now, the workaround is effective. Anyone needing help to set theirs up will get it from any number of helpful souls found on TS. Eventually, TS3 will have CC, in which case we can then set it up accordingly.

I say we give TS3 a try - we're all generally smart here - and see if the benefits outweigh the cons. But, give it the Scrims at least to test it out.

Campaign History:

Registered User Allies 27 Private
    Last Online
    09-22-2016
    Country
    This is Paasky's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: Nvm.

Sionnach: I have come to the conclusion that you [Paasky] are a complete nutcase.
    Grunty: Paasky is officialy insane. It wasn't official until somone like me said it. I'm bad but Paasky is bloody looney.
    KiMo: Nah nothing against you... I think your insane, that's all.

Registered User Axis 30 Hauptmann
    Last Online
    05-07-2018
    Country
    This is BS~~~ Zurich's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I hate TS3 and every form of it. TS3 has always made me lag in all of my games with the increased bandwidth and quality codecs and can be seen as much as a 10-15 fps drop in most games. To others, that's not a whole lot. But for the rest of us that don't have NASA computers that hurts performance wise.

I literally logged on and off TS3 mid battle because I simply couldn't keep up with my fps going as low as 20 or 10 even. After I logged off and shut down the process it immediately returned back to a steady 30-60 frames per second. I have seen this problem in the TS3 forums and it still has yet to be corrected in the beta build.

I'm all for going back to TS2 for battles until an official TS3 release comes out

PS: Yes, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times..

Registered User Spanish AF Recluta
    Last Online
    02-16-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I hate the new CC setup for TS3, it did take all of about 5 minutes and the overwhelming sound clarity compared to TS2 makes it well worth it for me.

Registered User Axis 29 Scheutze
    Last Online
    08-01-2018
    Country
    This is Cyan Winters's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If sound clarity is all that matters to the community, why did we never make the switch to Vent?

As far as I can tell, TS3 has not a single improvement over TS2 other than clarity that we care about. Yes the CC workaround works, but the fact that it's a workaround sort of explains the issue being spoken about here.

Once TS3 gets CC added, I'll be all for it. But other than that, I think people are being somewhat blinded by the new and shiny over the practical.
    Cyan Winters.
    Excellence in tanks since Campaign 6
    [6][7][8][9][10][11][12][20][21][22][23][24][27]

Registered User Allies 26 Private
    Last Online
    01-13-2013
    Country
    This is Mazz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I perfer TS2 to TS3 for everything but sound quality. Would love to see it back for battles.

The fact you cannot see who's talking in CC because of the mutes is annoying enough for me to dislike, regardless of everything else.
    "Michael Wittmann's gunner, Bobby Woll, was known to be an excellent marksman.
    He could hit targets at range even on the move."

Awarded best tanker (of the division) by divisional vote, Campaigns 19, 20, 21, 22, 23(2nd), 24