07-04-2018
    Country
    This is Whinger's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by H62|Pv Rocketryan View Post
    TS3 is too quiet(IMO),I have sound adjustment to max and whether I'm playing a game or just chilling I'm still having to ask people to say stuff again
    Exactly.

That is what i don't like about TS3.
    I used to play with my sound settings up to 40-50% now i have to play with around 10%
    Is not that i'm deaf or anything like that,but even with people boosted and TS volume on maximun still a lot more quiet than TS2 on normal volumes.

I know and understand why they did this and seems to me that TS3 is less focused to gaming than it was TS2.At least as it is right now.

TS3 is nice,whenever you are just sitting in some channel just talking or whatever but TS2 was way better for battles,etc...we do not need everybody to sound as they do in real life to be able to hear what they are reporting or ordering.

Even if they implement CC in future versions,this will still a problem.Unless they increase the gain settings in general.Which they are not going to since the main and only ''public'' feature is sound quality...

Last Online
    10-04-2013
    Country
    This is [2MEF]EZ|Pfc.Bailey's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those that know me and my posts know that i would prefer to get rid of CC altogether and just use whispers.

21CW used TS3 and whispers for the last campaign i was there and it worked just fine for us. Communication was much improved over previous camps.

CC here with TS2 is unbearable so i hope that we dont go back to it. Havent heard CC with TS3 but im sure it wont be as bad just because sound quality is much better and there is no delay when you talk.

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    01-18-2020
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Risk's instructions to setup basic CC worked for me. Well, I had one glitch when logging into TS3 the first time with CC; I don't think that had to do with his instructions.

I don't particularly care about the improved voice sound... I don't really notice much, actually. I do like that you can set the volume for individuals. It always bothered me that some people's mics would be insufficient gain (or something on their PC was making things too quite) or they simply spoke too quietly. And, the 3D stuff is nice for identifying different sources of comms.

I don't know all that you can do with TS3, yet. It seems to have allot of flexibility... of course, that often translates to complication to setting things up.

I am curious about lag. If people are getting lag, wouldn't changing the CODEC help? Move to something of lower bandwidth?

Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    This is Bernout's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see us go back to TS2 as well for many of the reasons mentioned in this topic.

I think it is absurd that the TS3 developers would get this far in their release process without having in place what had to be their main advantage over other voice comm software. To me it shows a complete lack of understanding of their users.

And no one has even mentioned yet that our TS3 "CC" set up, as I understand it, is based on exploiting a bug. So not only is it more complicated but it could go away on any update. And when the "real" CC comes out then everyone is going to have to change their ways. Again.

If you really want to be unbiased on this topic, then go ahead and make a list of the pros and cons for using TS3 and I think the choice to make should be obvious.

Bernout
    Axis-WaW 22: 269 Copas AzC~~~ Bernout - Voted Best CO, Spotter

Axis-WaW 18: Tirpitz MIT~~~ Bernout - Voted Best In Division, Best Teamplayer

Last Online
    03-22-2012
    Country
    This is [1CAG]D|Capt.Sword's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the advantages of CC being CC...was that you could tell by the quality that it was not coming from your channel and that it was broadcast over all.

I found that the super sweet voice of everyone is a nice novelty but it lacks when it comes to real communications.

ts2 coms were easy to set up and change and get in order without having a degree in programing, I know it is simple " " but why not everything from 21cw is golden and even though some may like it...it does not hold up to what is needed for battle.

And for the many good points here...

1. Vent is better than TS3 on Quality and bandwith- it is what the pro teams use exclusively
    2. Volume levels are just inadequate
    3. Bernouts points are very poignant
    4. You do use double the bandwith with 2 ports open for coms.
    5. This is like having a chair that is comfortable, works and is perfect for watching football and falling asleep on Sundays - to a chair that your wife picked out that is made of wicker, it looks great but you would never take a nap or watch a game in that. Looks(ascetically sounding good) compared to it doing its job...there is no question.

I say we push back from the table and wait til ts3 gets their head out and establishes the coms for larger dynamic set.

Sword

If you find your self in a fair fight, you didn't plan well enough.
    Shhhhhh

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    08-15-2016
    Country
    This is Thawk's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B62|Pv Bernout View Post
    And no one has even mentioned yet that our TS3 "CC" set up, as I understand it, is based on exploiting a bug.
    I don't think it is a bug, all we are doing is whispering to a channel that our second connection is in. One of TS3s features is the ability to be connected to multiple networks so I don't think we are exploiting a bug.

But there is obviously a big "tear" in the community, why don't we put it down to a vote?
    If it is overwhelmingly to TS3 then we should stay but if it is close to 50/50 or just around that mark with TS2/TS3 slightly in the lead, stay with TS2 I say, because when it is a minority then it's ok but half the active community is not that good.

World at War
    German Company Officer
    Axis 32 Hauptmann
    Last Online
    11-21-2018
    Country
    This is 2WD~~~|Janizki's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im with thawk on that

History:

Last Online
    11-16-2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill be siding with Ts2 here, and reasons...well i might as well copy and paste them since they were already said

Last Online
    03-22-2012
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M62|Pv Thawk View Post
    But there is obviously a big "tear" in the community, why don't we put it down to a vote?
    If it is overwhelmingly to TS3 then we should stay but if it is close to 50/50 or just around that mark with TS2/TS3 slightly in the lead, stay with TS2 I say, because when it is a minority then it's ok but half the active community is not that good.

+1

Sword

Shhhhhh

World at War
    British Division Staff Officer
    Allies 32 Brigadier
    Last Online
    01-05-2019
    Country
    This is 1AB|BRIG ScaryGary's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sick and tired of switching servers just on one day, I think the fact that we are sticking to one is brilliant, and I love ts3..
    Ts3 has my vote.....

If I never have to wait for a server to come up after battle day just to talk to my friends then its the best thing on earth...Its just silly to have two
    AND A WASTE OF MONEY

Still Scary After all these years... Since Camp 13
    WAW13:Gp[45PzL]///|ScaryGary =>Fh[45PzL]~|ScaryGary(2ndLt. Italy-W.Europe) =>[46Z]G|Sze.ScaryGary => Wi[45PzL]|ScaryGary
    WAW14: Oi[48AD]2Lt.ScaryGary WAW16: FJJ^|ScaryGary
    WAW17 PKG// ScaryGary WAW20 B|60Sg.ScaryGary
    WAW21 M62|Sg ScaryGary (First Return to tanking since Camp 14)
    WaW22 AzA ScaryGary (First time in Airforce)
    WaW23 Gj* ScaryGary (Stayed Hq untill dad was diagnosed with cancer,)
    RIP DAD 3/22/2013

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    02-15-2019
    Country
    This is Skooterkid's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am all for going back to TS2 aswell.

Registered User Allies 26 Private
    Last Online
    01-13-2013
    Country
    This is Mazz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a member of Gary's company I hereby grant full access to ignore him .
    "Michael Wittmann's gunner, Bobby Woll, was known to be an excellent marksman.
    He could hit targets at range even on the move."

Awarded best tanker (of the division) by divisional vote, Campaigns 19, 20, 21, 22, 23(2nd), 24

Last Online
    11-16-2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M62|Pv ScaryGary View Post
    AND A WASTE OF MONEY
    Thought I saw this somewhere saying TS2 would be kept incase something went wrong with TS3

Last Online
    08-24-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer TS2 because it actually works on my computer.
    Campaign #17- R|54Pv Campaign #18- MIB/// Campaign #19- LDT/// Campaign #20- B|60Fs

Registered User Allies 25 Capitaine
    Last Online
    04-04-2015
    Country
    This is 70R|Ct Niklas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we maby should make a poll.

If not.

TS2 got my vote.

WaW [History]

Registered User Axis 30 Schuetze
    Last Online
    01-10-2020
    Country
    This is Ronid's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I miss TS2 and all, but is it really our decision to get back to it? No one ask before if we want to switch to TS3 and I doubt someone will even bother to count your voices.
    If I'm wrong than I'll spam too, and give my vote to TS2 .

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    01-18-2020
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A vote with an informed community will be good. But I'm not sure about the informed part.

Hey, I'll go back to TS2, but I would rather stay with TS3. I'm improving it's use as I explore the new features. The new CC works fine. I'm still using the same keys I use for TS2.

If we go back to TS2 I will miss the flexibility in sound adjustments of TS3 the most. It has helped me allot. Much more aural information is available to me during battle. I have access to information in a more efficient manner; comms are more efficient because of it and I think it will only improve as we progress through the campaign.

Sound is adjustable in multiple ways to fix the quiet issue, but I guess some may have PC audio (in or out) problems. I have fixed situations with hearing guys that are much more quiet than average, (either soft voice, or bad mic, or bad PC setup), I can boost their volume to acceptable levels.

Bandwidth is not double if the CC thing is setup correctly.

The CC method seems to be using the new features as designed so I don't think it's a bug or exploit.

We have the Scrims to help work out kinks in the system. TS3 is one. Kinda like Rally Points; hey? Spend a little time to work with it. When people have issues with TS3, there should be a "Help Desk". I guess that is the Support forum. Of course, people in your own company or division can probably help you, too.

Registered User Axis 25 Nitohei
    Last Online
    01-16-2020
    Country
    This is Eagle's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well ts3 has the advantage of understanding everyone on it while ts2 some people you just can't understand, ts3 cc is good but to annoying imo, while ts2 cc is all there no need for improvement.

imo i agree with what quervo said earlier why improve a system which already works with one that has not been completely sorted out, we should inly transfer to s new system of communication if we are sure it will completely work better than ts2.

Im all game with using ts3 for the scrims but after the scrims we should have a vote to see if people want to stay ts3 or go back to ts2.

i personally think we should wait when ts3 is released with cc instead of making out own version basically.

ill think ill hold on to my vote untill after the scrims.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Booty What everyman needs but only some get.

WaW 20 - G|60Cpl WhiteLight - Voted joint 2nd best Enlisted. Joint 3rd best anti tank and new player to waw.
    WaW 21 - KaR~ WhiteLight - Amazing horses -Voted best tker
    WaW 22 - 64|Maj. WhiteLight
    WaW 25 - YkD Obvious

World at War
    German Division Staff Officer
    Axis 32 Generalleutnant
    Last Online
    07-14-2019
    Country
    This is [WaW]ValHallas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey I remember lots of people wanting to go back to fh1 after the switch. Before the normandy release and one or two small releases. I think it was the lack of content issue. Well sorta the same angle with ts3 and its lack of content (CC).
    TS3 is the future if we want to stick with TS.
    We bother with map d/l's and hotfixes during battle sometime. CC is a pain to set up. Especially if you try to do it mid battle because no one else in your squad had. But once its done it's fine.
    And the best part is you can set a click sound for when someone broadcasts on CC. And split squad/CC to the left and right. Well worth the price of admission in my book.

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Corporal
    Last Online
    10-20-2018
    Country
    This is 1AB | Cpl DrGlamm's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TS3 seems to be the place we are going to have to go.

For now however I dont beleive it is up to what we need in this area at this stage (CC fix is a joke, stability and compatability issues with numerous people also problematic).

TS2 sound quality may not be as good, but it did not make people unable to be heard.

I would encourage that we wait for the changes needed to TS3 to become fact before we use it as a battle server.

This is however all moot. I dont beleive the player base has ANY input into how this tournament is conducted. TS3 is here and it is here to stay. Bye Bye ts2.

Waw16 FJJ^^^; WaW17 K54|Sg; WaW18 MIB~~~; Waw 19 58F_1L

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    07-20-2019
    Country
    This is 1ABb|Cpt Squarebasher's Country Flag

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be interesting to know if the lag issue many of us had with Olympus, had anything to do with TS3 bandwidth.

My vote would be for TS2 until TS3 has CC done properly.

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    01-07-2020
    Country
    This is Sionnach's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by H62|Pv Hallas View Post
    hey I remember lots of people wanting to go back to fh1 after the switch.
    I still do.

#4: [C14]D|SSgt.Sionnach #5: [A]P|Sgt.Sionnach #6: [22RN]P|SSgt.Sionnach
    #7: [26M]W|2Lt.Sionnach #8: [30AI]Q|Cpt.Sionnach #9: [34GD]SR|SLt.Sionnach

#10: Gw[Gj37]^^|Sionnach
    #11: [42Wx]P|LCpl.Sionnach Cl: [AEF]B|Cpl.Sionnach
    #12: [44M]LtGen.Sionnach #13: Marszałek Sionnach (CinC)
    #14: [47Sgb]T!|JWo.Sionnach
    #15+ Retired
    #32: 1ABb|Pvt. Sionnach

Last Online
    03-22-2012
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glamm/Blackadder I respectfull disagree with you.

This was the problem in 21CW, they didnt give a rats rearend to what the community wanted, or what was best.

I dont think that the guys who dont lead or use the CC(Admin) functions should be the ones making the descisions either, I say that with respect, not cause they do not have the right, it is because they dont have to use it battle in and battle out.

The community is the backbone, and it is important that it is heard.

Put it to a vote, and dont just have the koolaide drinkers be the ones who move this tournament.

Until ts3 has CC we put it on the shelf.

I say we try to struggle through another scrim with it and then go to a vote.

On the other hand, I think many of you should cast a 5, 10, 20 dollar vote for this tournament and donate to server costs....I know that many of you make way more than I do.

If you have a good set of golf clubs and then you get a brand new set of Calloways, which one will you use, well for sure the new ones, but they came with out the grips, they may be awesome clubs and when they have the grips they will be way better than you old ones but right now they are almost unplayable. Until the fix your game will be better with the older set.

Sword

Shhhhhh

Registered User Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    01-14-2020
    Country
    This is Switz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KaX Squarebasher View Post
    It would be interesting to know if the lag issue many of us had with Olympus, had anything to do with TS3 bandwidth.

My vote would be for TS2 until TS3 has CC done properly.
    Pretty sure it did to some extent. Never had the lag I experienced on Olympus that I had on Saturday until TS3.

Last Online
    11-16-2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Q62|Pv Sionnach View Post
    I still do.
    Agreed there sionnach

Registered User Allies 30 Private
    Last Online
    09-05-2015
    Country
    This is 94P|Pf peppervieze's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switz. On Olympus:

We cannot be sure that it was TS3. There where a lot of different variables on there which hadnt been there before. So all off those on there own or combined could have been part of the cause, nor where we on the normal battle server.

So, to conlclude anything from last saturday we need to do more testing. Is TS3 ready? I dont know yet. Does it have a impact? Yes, whenever you change something in a computer system something else changes to. That is unavoidable. Can we say anything usefull from this yet? Not quite, we had a lot of stuff going in the background which hasnt stood in any form of thorough testing as we saw last saturday.

Damned if we do, no fun if we don't

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
    George Carlin

Registered User Axis 30 Hauptmann
    Last Online
    05-07-2018
    Country
    This is BS~~~ Zurich's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [ModD] peppervieze View Post
    Switz. On Olympus:

We cannot be sure that it was TS3. There where a lot of different variables on there which hadnt been there before. So all off those on there own or combined could have been part of the cause, nor where we on the normal battle server.

I tested mid battle it and it is defiantly TS3. This is especially true since my system is much lower on the tech scale than others. When entering the game in TS3, I experienced a significant drop in fps to the point where I was getting around 17 to even 10. Upon ending the TS3 process (Not even leaving game or closing down BF2) I immediately returned to a normal 40-60 fps as soon as I was back in.

Registered User Allies 26 Private
    Last Online
    01-13-2013
    Country
    This is Mazz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a offshoot of that, while playing APB, TS3 has a pretty drastic effect on framerates for me, so I'm with Zurich that it probably does play a role in program slowdown. I know they are entirely different programs but I'm talking more on the possibility, and I trust Zurich on that one.
    "Michael Wittmann's gunner, Bobby Woll, was known to be an excellent marksman.
    He could hit targets at range even on the move."

Awarded best tanker (of the division) by divisional vote, Campaigns 19, 20, 21, 22, 23(2nd), 24

Registered User Allies 31 First Lieutenant
    Last Online
    07-14-2018
    Country
    This is 3B|Lt killerofall's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that it may have just been the map. I have a powerful system (quad core @3.2GHz, GTX 260, 4GB ram) I never lagged with TS3 in 21CW. It was a slide show at times for me but only a few times (ex when in the city). My guess is that there were way too many static objects (too many buildings). TS3 may have had a minor effect but my money is on the map.
    If you didn't die trying then you didn't try hard enough.

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    WaW Default
    Last Online
    07-04-2018
    Country
    This is Whinger's Country Flag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About that,I had no lag at all while playing Olympus,i have a really crappy computer and nothing,just like usually.On top of that i live in Europe and my ping is worst in the server that we played than in the other.So i don't know what was causing people to lag that way...