06-24-2018
    Country
    This is Bs* w00ter's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or a re-evaluation of the future.

Campaign History: MIG^^ w00ter | LDG~ w00ter | B|60Ct w00ter | 62Brig w00ter | AzE~~~ w00ter | 66S|Ct w00ter | 68D|Pv w00ter

Last Online
    12-06-2016
    Country
    This is BigBlueCheese's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly, the breaks were a terrible idea when we did them. People wouldn't come back from the break or would come back late, etc.

Battles are 11 hours now because when battles were 12 hours, we would be down to 40-50 people in server after 11 hours not to mention the numbers issues with one side not being able to keep numbers up. I say keep 11 hour battles until we have full waiting rooms at the end of the battle.

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    08-15-2016
    Country
    This is Thawk's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea that is exactly the reason, we just can't keep the server full for the 12th hour. I agree with BBC keep it at 11 until our waiting rooms are full at the 9th to 11th hours.

World at War
    British Company Officer
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    02-26-2019
    Country
    This is 1AB|Cpt Soldier's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will never know if something works until you do a field test, that's what the scrims are for.

Sig by Arc9
    "I know how to put my finger in everyone's soup, and you sir do not" - Whinger
    "I am crippled not retarded..." -Skooter

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    08-15-2016
    Country
    This is Thawk's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]Soldier View Post
    I don't see a point behind all this "its not going to work". Lets test it during the scrims and then using really data, instead of "Well a year and a half ago numbers were pretty bad so lets keep doing 11 hours." You will never know if something works until you do a field test, that's what the scrims are for.
    We have real data, every campaign up until now has had low attendance towards the end of the battle with any extended battles suffering from 5 to 10 people dropping from each side.

World at War
    British Company Officer
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    02-26-2019
    Country
    This is 1AB|Cpt Soldier's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revised my statement:
    You will never know if something works until you do a field test, that's what the scrims are for.

Sig by Arc9
    "I know how to put my finger in everyone's soup, and you sir do not" - Whinger
    "I am crippled not retarded..." -Skooter

Last Online
    11-16-2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]Soldier View Post
    Revised my statement:
    Agreed on scrims, they don't count for victory so just see how it goes now

Registered User Allies 31 First Lieutenant
    Last Online
    07-14-2018
    Country
    This is 3B|Lt killerofall's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why people here need more time in between rounds. At 21CW we had 90 seconds between rounds and that was plenty of time to do rotations AND give out strats. People here just need to be more efficient at doing this. We could also make it 12 hours but call the battle when the numbers get low (like less than 25 per side, not including admins or something like that).
    If you didn't die trying then you didn't try hard enough.

Registered User Allies 30 Private
    Last Online
    10-09-2014
    Country
    This is 92P|Pv B.A.M.'s Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you consider Low numbers? Because with the influx of players coming from other tournaments you guys have a lot of players in reality. I'm sorry but I don't see this tournament suffering from low numbers as badly as you portray it being.

screenshot of numbers in the Last battle (in my experience when a team has a for sure win the last battle has the worst numbers). This was my last screen shot score of the day (2 rounds before the day ended). As stated before the coy i was in had such high player numbers rotating every 2 rounds still took ages to get to your turn. Don't mean to sound rude or argumentative, just disagree with the low number debate. I mean how much would it hurt to add the extra hour so the people who work/busy with RL get a little extra time to play.

Last Online
    11-16-2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Éire]Thawk View Post
    We have real data, every campaign up until now has had low attendance towards the end of the battle with any extended battles suffering from 5 to 10 people dropping from each side.
    Oh and seeing up until now...i take that as last campaign after seeing that shot. Which says an extra hour would work out fine

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    01-18-2020
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To add what others say about actual attendance numbers, we have real data to show that while the active numbers may be high in the first battle or two as people join the campaign, some will go inactive and numbers will again drop. If we start at 12 hours (or move up from 11 to 12 hours after a couple of battles), then we should expect to drop back to 11 hours if we see the trend back to too few numbers in the last hours of battle day.

I would like to see a little more time between rounds. WaW has many participates, (more than some other tournaments), and we like everyone to have a chance to play a fair amount. Therefore, we have quite a few rotations of people among the waiting rooms and the battle channels in between rounds during the battle day. I know there are ways to get rotations done fast, but with so many participants and the desire to give everyone a chance to play and have fun, it can be difficult.

Even an extra 30 seconds would be helpful. Of course, for a round that is clearly won or lost, we will start rotations well before the end of the round. But during the fun rounds that are exciting and close, then it would be nice to have those extra 30 seconds.

And, what Sword says about timezones... When comparing NA and EU, we often use the basic reference times, US East Coast and England, respectively. Be aware they are not consistent references. The start of Battle day for NA gets earlier as you go across the continent while EU start time gets later as you go across the continent.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

World at War
    German Company Officer
    Axis 32 Hauptmann
    Last Online
    06-12-2019
    Country
    This is 2WD~~~|GER.MAN's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be completely honest though, and I don't want to dispute the numbers that our more veteran players are bringing to the table, but it seems like the more ppl we get and henceforth the more rotations we get, the less ppl we actually get playing. Does anyone else hate waiting 2 hours to play an hour? I know I do, and who really wants to stay at your computer waiting to get in game... it can be boring...

My suggestion is to tack on an extra hour but at the beginning of the battle so go from 11am - 11pm. This way the more eager American players and the Euros can get some extra play time in so by the time the regular American group settles in, we don't have ridiculous waiting times.

"Gaming is some ****ing serious business..." - Lainer

Last Online
    03-22-2012
    Country
    This is [1CAG]D|Capt.Sword's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good point German....

If someone will please let me know what I said that got my last post removed that was offensive I would appreciate it.

Sword

If you find your self in a fair fight, you didn't plan well enough.
    Shhhhhh

World at War
    Community Admin
    Gen. 'Buck' Turgidson
    Last Online
    01-18-2020
    Country
    This is [WaW]CA|Melvin's Country Flag

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember one campaign where people signed up for the hours they would play. Woah, that seemed excessive, but I don't recall complaints from people not getting to play. I think it may have helped to know whom was going to be on long (half the day or more) and who would only be available a short time (like 2 hours).

Last campaign, we tried to rotate 2 or more people each round. On the shorter rounds that meant the worst wait wasn't too bad. But if the rounds were taking 40 minutes or more, that wasn't so good, (especially with large waiting rooms). The continuing rotations is one reason why I was asking for another 30 seconds; not all the troops were as well organized and quick to load-up as I would have liked.
    WaW#16: C|52Cp (Scottish) - Voted Best Engineer
    WaW#17: F|54LT (East African)
    WaW#18: 56Maj (English) - Voted Most Unrecognized/Work, (2nd for Arty, Div Staff)
    WaW#19: LD*** (Italian)
    WaW#20: KEG~~ (German) - (2nd for CO, Bullet Magnet)
    WaW#21: Ka**** (Finnish) - Voted Best Div Staff, Best Engineer
    WaW#22: 64T|2L (Welsh) - Voted Best Teamplayer
    WaW#23: 66P|Sg (Polish)
    WaW#24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32: [WaW]TA/CA

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    07-20-2019
    Country
    This is 1ABb|Cpt Squarebasher's Country Flag

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think anyone should have to wait two hours to play, it's down to company officers to look at the waiting rooms and do mid round rotations if needed.

Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I showed up early for an NA and still sometimes a squad would end up short and I got to play in less than 2 hours. Krads officers always checked to make sure no one was waiting too long. Seems most of the waiting was on allied last camp, more people who wanted to play more hours instead of just playing 3 hours more or less like many on axis did. I knew even if I told them to let the EU players play until they were done or we were short someone, Div staff usually, was going to end up short on people. So to me it seems most of the all day players were on allied. With random placing its strange that it ended up with one side having almost all the all day players. I looked, allied waiting rooms were always more full than ours. So basing an opinion about longer battles on the last camp if you were allied might be an error.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    12-06-2016
    Country
    This is BigBlueCheese's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scrims are a terrible representation of attendance. Wait for like 4 battles and then see how the attendance is in the 11th hour.

Registered User Allies 25 Capitaine
    Last Online
    04-04-2015
    Country
    This is 70R|Ct Niklas's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WkT[KgG]|BigBlueCheese View Post
    Scrims are a terrible representation of attendance. Wait for like 4 battles and then see how the attendance is in the 11th hour.
    +1

Attendence is very good in the start. Then it blows down. So I vote have 11 hours.

WaW [History]

Registered User Allies 31 First Lieutenant
    Last Online
    07-14-2018
    Country
    This is 3B|Lt killerofall's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KaR~~ Niklas View Post
    +1

Attendence is very good in the start. Then it blows down. So I vote have 11 hours.
    If there are so many people at the start why don't we start an hour earlier to get the 12 hours then?
    If you didn't die trying then you didn't try hard enough.

Registered User Axis 25 Yontohei
    Last Online
    12-04-2016
    Country
    This is YkS Hickle's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start as in start of the campaign.

And everytime we have DST there's almost no Euro's on that hour earlier.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

World at War
    British Company Officer
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    05-24-2019
    Country
    This is riskmanagement's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [MTP]Hickle View Post
    Start as in start of the campaign.

And everytime we have DST there's almost no Euro's on that hour earlier.
    If there is a battle euros will adjust to the time and show up.

Engineers lead the way..... ALL THE WAY
    Combat engineers will fight for a town, rebuild the town, build the road to the town, build a bridge over the river outside town, fortify and defend it all and then blow all of it up when we are done with it!

Registered User Spanish Recluta
    Last Online
    04-13-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding an hour extra for us Euros would be nice. Instead of adding on an hour at the end which comes into late the next morning when almost all the EU players aren't around.

If attendances are going to be good in the early half, then wouldn't it make sense to add the extra hour at the beginning? I know for one that in #20, the tankers had THE MOST number of players in rotation at battle start. The same when I was in #19 with Werewolves. Because we had many EU players then, we could fill almost the entire Div with just Werewolves, which we came close to doing. Which I have a screencap of, if I can still find it.