Last Online
    01-13-2013
    Country
    This is Mazz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably something along the lines of "dirty mexican".

haha, actually Artie and Formerly Human posting regularly on the FH forums back around when .5 was released was the reason I took a look into WaW.

Formerly was the tanker officer of Wk, I was sad to see him disappear.
    "Michael Wittmann's gunner, Bobby Woll, was known to be an excellent marksman.
    He could hit targets at range even on the move."

Awarded best tanker (of the division) by divisional vote, Campaigns 19, 20, 21, 22, 23(2nd), 24

World at War Gears
    Last Online
    09-29-2018
    Country
    This is Avrojet's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Campaign 9

The World at War 9 promo trailer. A great depiction about the teamplay that WaW is about

Battle of the Aleutian Islands by Myrskis (map: Weserubung). Some great naval engagements and beach assaults on that map.

Sequel to the jeep race: Kettenkrad rally

from Avrojet on Vimeo.

Battle of the Aleutian Islands by Myrskis (map: Weserubung). Many horrible ways to die during a naval engagement and murderous beach assaults on that map.
    Fixed it for you

Let me just say for all it's great upsides, FH1 had one thing that sucked. And that was having to play as the Japanese. The japanese have a great navy, a great airforce, a ****ty ground game and horrible tanks. Yet for whatever reason Japanese and South-East Asia maps are always... giant infantry/armor combined arms fest where Japanese planes are either absent or at exposed airfields which can be captured.
    October 4th 2004-December 10th 2011

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    07-13-2019
    Country
    This is 1AB|Pvt. Wilhelm's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really hate the Japanese in FH1, Adder.

As an infantry player, I can tell you that the Japanese had an awesome ground game when it came to infantry. Arisaka and Type 99 and 96! <3

WaW #8: [30AI]Q|SSgt.Wilhelm - Australian
    WaW#9: [34GD]SR|Mpra.Wilhelm - Russian
    WaW#10: LS[39Fj]///|Wilhelm -> Gw%[Gj37]>>|Wilhelm - German
    WaW#11: [42Wx]P|Sgt.Wilhelm - British
    Classic Battles: Pg[HgA]///|Wilhelm - Axis
    WaW#12: Tg[J43]J~|Wilhelm - Japanese

Quote Originally Posted by C|60Rc Wilhelm View Post
    You really hate the Japanese in FH1, Adder.

As an infantry player, I can tell you that the Japanese had an awesome ground game when it came to infantry. Arisaka and Type 99 and 96! <3
    The Type 96 and Type 99 are the same thing in two slightly different flavors. The Type 99 is less accurate with a higher rate of fire with high deviation(IE less accurate) it makes a ****ty SMG but can be used like a cut rate LMG as long as you are prone.

Or you have the Type 96 with scope and close to rifle accurasy, again prone only for more than one bullet at a time. However you could use it as a semi-auto rifle if you where crouched. When standing or worse when moving both the Type 96 and Type 99 where **** (Unlike say the BAR)

The Arsikia meanwhile was the second most accurate rifle in FH1 (Most accurate was the Italian Carcano, 3rd was the k98/Springfield, 4th was the no4 and after that you got into the Carbines which were ****)

Speaking of the Arsikia, the worst rifle in the game(Arsikia carbine) was there's and was on 2/3rds of the Japanese kits, so you had to use the least accurate rifle in the game when ever you wanted to use anti-tank sucide charges or satchel kits. Meanwhile the k98 was still great. And lets not forget the Nambu the only weapon in FH1 not lethal to the head, required 3-6 shots to kill someone. Again all those Japanese weapons (Accurate rifles and accurate LMG) where great when you were on the defensive

However when you where storming up the beaches(say on Weserubung) the fact the Japanese have to defend makes itself bloody obvious very quickly.

FYI Weserubung was 3-15 with the allies winning by that 15.
    FYI that's kind how Weserubung went the next time we played it as well with the round score being 3-12. And the server went down twice so I'm awarding the allies those two rounds to make it 3-12 and an additional round which never got played during the 30 mins the server was down for so yes in WaW 9 and WaW 12 it was 3-15 Allied victories.

Registered User Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    07-07-2019
    Country
    This is Switz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Arisaka was a pile of **** during camp 9. It was no match for the no4 or the Springfield. Was inaccurate as hell. They improved it in .65, but before that it was the biggest trash compared to any of the rifles.

Registered User Blufor 28 Recruit
    Last Online
    09-22-2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was called the Arisucka for a reason...

Registered User Allies 26 Private
    Last Online
    01-13-2013
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember the PPsH in .5 or .6, before it was nerfed in .61?

It had rifle-like range and accuracy, could be fired in full auto without much deviation, and was a 2 shot kill. That one stalingrad map they had before Pavlov's house was literally how many Germans could you kill before your 71 round drum was empty. I remember it was banned from the campaign in 6-7 IIRC.

Speaking of which, Pavlov's house in .61/.7 was an amazing map when it was going well.

Awarded best tanker (of the division) by divisional vote, Campaigns 19, 20, 21, 22, 23(2nd), 24

Last Online
    03-21-2012
    Country
    This is Hartmann's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Kettenkrad rally looks like a blast. I could envision an FH2 version using kubels/jeeps and a special unlimited piat/smoke only kit.

World at War Gears
    Last Online
    09-29-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to see this thread turned into a pointless discussion about FH1 weaponry balance ... I'd hope there would be better memories than which weapon sucked more.

Campaign 8
    Thanks to Wilhelm for this Guam reversed video by Myrskis.
    Dedicated to ExPack killers

Campaign 10

from Avrojet on Vimeo.

Quote Originally Posted by [TA] Avrojet View Post
    Sad to see this thread turned into a pointless discussion about FH1 weaponry balance ... I'd hope there would be better memories than which weapon sucked more.
    You bring up the Japanese and FH1 and that ****s going to happen. For every good or bad memory playing Italian, German or American... there's a... memory of having to play Japanese.

Registered User Allies 27 Private
    Last Online
    05-12-2013
    Country
    This is 74M|Pv.Kommisar's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give Adder some slack; for those that spent as much time in the Japanese Divisions as he did... well, those wound run fairly deep.

I don't think he'll ever be over Southeast Asia.

Ask me about my super-saver artillery discount

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    07-15-2019
    Country
    This is 1ABb|Cpt Squarebasher's Country Flag

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will see if I can get it back on track.

Guam camp8 I remember for running around expacking lots of chi-has great fun, and capping that hill flag I think a tank used to spawn there if we capped, good old Tasmania.

Camp9 one of my favourite's being part of Red Guard, Weserubung I still have that video myself, always fun going in on LCs. Prok was a good battle spent lots of time behind our advancing tanks repairing them, while they drove into that huge flag zone, with Petru shouting over CC the worst for wear.

Last Online
    09-22-2016
    Country
    This is Paasky's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to talk japanese, never forget the borderline basecamping of Gp using suicide charges to blow up planes as they took off

Or trolling a bridge, first laying a mine in front of it, one behind it, and then go hiding under the bridge.
    A Stuart comes rolling by, and remembers that that bridge wasn't safe the last time he went across. He waits, looks around, like a scared mouse. Then charges across and BOOM dead. Another one comes behind him, goes around the wreckage, and BOOM goes the stuart on the other side of the bridge. Then a third one comes in, again scared and looking around. Slowly drives to the bridge. Notices he could get across and starts gassing it up. And then BOOM suicide charge and the third tank is down. We kept rotating the suicider so we always had 4 guys on the flag, one guy under the bridge and one guy on the airstrip.

Good times.

Sionnach: I have come to the conclusion that you [Paasky] are a complete nutcase.
    Grunty: Paasky is officialy insane. It wasn't official until somone like me said it. I'm bad but Paasky is bloody looney.
    KiMo: Nah nothing against you... I think your insane, that's all.

Last Online
    09-22-2016
    Country
    This is Paasky's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to talk japanese, never forget the borderline basecamping of Gp using suicide charges to blow up planes as they took off

Or trolling a bridge, first laying a mine in front of it, one behind it, and then go hiding under the bridge.
    A Stuart comes rolling by, and remembers that that bridge wasn't safe the last time he went across. He waits, looks around, like a scared mouse. Then charges across and BOOM dead. Another one comes behind him, goes around the wreckage, and BOOM goes the stuart on the other side of the bridge. Then a third one comes in, again scared and looking around. Slowly drives to the bridge. Notices he could get across and starts gassing it up. And then BOOM suicide charge and the third tank is down. We kept rotating the suicider so we always had 4 guys on the flag, one guy under the bridge and one guy on the airstrip.

Good times.

Sionnach: I have come to the conclusion that you [Paasky] are a complete nutcase.
    Grunty: Paasky is officialy insane. It wasn't official until somone like me said it. I'm bad but Paasky is bloody looney.
    KiMo: Nah nothing against you... I think your insane, that's all.

Last Online
    10-15-2012
    Country
    This is roscoe's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paasky, OD and roscoe tore it up that battle.
    Tg[J43]^^|roscoe - Gp[45PzL]~~|roscoe - Rm[48AD]1Lt.roscoe - Ra|~ roscoe - FJS^ roscoe - PKJ~~~ roscoe - MI* roscoe - LDG~~ roscoe - G|60Ct roscoe - KaP// roscoe - 66S|Sg roscoe
    WaW12-21 & 23.

Last Online
    01-13-2013
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm impressed, it's not often you get to see someone compliment themselves in the third person.

Registered User Allies 25 Soldat
    Last Online
    03-22-2013
    Country
    This is minimal's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish there'd be more videos from campaign 9, that's probably the campaign I have the fondest memories of.

Last Online
    07-07-2019
    Country
    This is Switz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember launching Avro or some admin with a deployable MG while they were sitting in main shooting a katyusha. Back in the days of lawlessness.

Registered User Axis 27 Leutnant
    Last Online
    04-12-2019
    Country
    This is Moleman262's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LöL View Post
    I remember launching Avro or some admin with a deployable MG while they were sitting in main shooting a katyusha. Back in the days of lawlessness.
    Or waiting around to cap murds/frosty right as their plane spawned and snagging it...ah the good old days of terrorizing mains.

Last Online
    01-13-2013
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brings back those memories of Crimean Peninsula with the IS-2 vs Panzer 4/StuGs in 7, Gym-bo and Reichwolff became the "go steal the IS-2" squad.

Good ****.

Registered User Blufor 28 Recruit
    Last Online
    09-22-2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the inevitable screams of "FRIENDLY IS-2! FRIENDLY IS-2! DON'T SHOOT THE IS-2!" *Boom* "You shot the Is-2!"

Last Online
    12-06-2016
    Country
    This is BigBlueCheese's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh good memories. I just barely remember that Adak rally when I first joined WaW. I didn't know what was going on and I didn't have much time to participate that campaign but it was still pretty fun.

I too remember those rifle-nade practices on Tobruk in WaW 8. I also remember the skybox being really cool on that map. Why don't we have skyboxes like that anymore? Fall Weiss WaW 8 was also one of my favorites... I think I made the BWF thread as a Worst for a lot of the German army

EDIT - and I hated Nemein on WaW8 Guam Reversed for those expacks...

Registered User Axis 27 Major
    Last Online
    05-03-2018
    Country
    This is Pacifist's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Online
    03-16-2013
    Country
    This is 72S|LA Latreille's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [TA] Avrojet View Post
    This is very impressive, excellent video, no wonder it jumps from 10 to 17

Last Online
    10-07-2018
    Country
    This is [WaW] LtnGeorge's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifist View Post

Thats really cool, that map gives me some nice memories!
    WAW 16 - FJJ// LtnGeorge - WAW 17 - F|54Cp.LtnGeorge - WAW 18 - R|56Sm.LtnGeorge
    WAW 19 - LDB~~~ LtnGeorge - WAW 20 - KES^^^ LtnGeorge - WAW 21 - Ka* LtnGeorge
    WaW 22 - 64F|CM LtnGeorge - WAW 23 - Gj* LtnGeorge - WaW 24 - FpA~~~LtnGeorge
    WAW 25 - 70A|Ct LtnGeorge - WAW 30 - BsP~~LtnGeorge

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    08-15-2016
    Country
    This is Thawk's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacifist View Post
    I have a lot of memories of this map, broken hand and playing with the hand in a full cast. Mapping all the keys to my mouse except for the push-to-talk key and sometime during the battle the very tip of my cast broke because I pushed to hard on the keyboard, fun, painful times.
    Speaking of that, where the **** is KSolo and Devildog?

Last Online
    10-07-2018
    Country
    This is [WaW] LtnGeorge's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Éire]Thawk View Post
    where the **** is KSolo and Devildog?
    They seemed to fanish as soon as they got promoted in Camp 18 on the allied side I believe. never heard anything again from them.
    WAW 16 - FJJ// LtnGeorge - WAW 17 - F|54Cp.LtnGeorge - WAW 18 - R|56Sm.LtnGeorge
    WAW 19 - LDB~~~ LtnGeorge - WAW 20 - KES^^^ LtnGeorge - WAW 21 - Ka* LtnGeorge
    WaW 22 - 64F|CM LtnGeorge - WAW 23 - Gj* LtnGeorge - WaW 24 - FpA~~~LtnGeorge
    WAW 25 - 70A|Ct LtnGeorge - WAW 30 - BsP~~LtnGeorge

World at War Gears
    Last Online
    09-29-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for some more videos at long last:

Campaign 10

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    07-03-2019
    Country
    This is Sionnach's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 62Maj Cyan Winters View Post
    Wow! I remember Proton and Davout very clearly. This is indeed a very interesting piece of history.
    I'm still in touch with Proton, he's currently living in Singapore and enjoying life. The git.

Loving this thread by the way.

#4: [C14]D|SSgt.Sionnach #5: [A]P|Sgt.Sionnach #6: [22RN]P|SSgt.Sionnach
    #7: [26M]W|2Lt.Sionnach #8: [30AI]Q|Cpt.Sionnach #9: [34GD]SR|SLt.Sionnach

#10: Gw[Gj37]^^|Sionnach
    #11: [42Wx]P|LCpl.Sionnach Cl: [AEF]B|Cpl.Sionnach
    #12: [44M]LtGen.Sionnach #13: Marszałek Sionnach (CinC)
    #14: [47Sgb]T!|JWo.Sionnach
    #15+ Retired
    #32: 1ABb|Pvt. Sionnach