Country
    This is GjR~~~ Herbiie's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Longer Countdown at round start?

Hey guys,

Seems that recently that during battle with rotations etc. the server isn't full until about 30 seconds into the round, to counter this I think we should simply extend the start time by 45 seconds or something.

Thanks,
    Herbiie
    Loyal Unto Death

Registered User Allies 31 Private
    Last Online
    06-04-2019
    Country
    This is AB*Rct [130.Pz]S.Lainer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I brought this up a long time back. Everyone said yes what a wonderful idea and then nothing freaking happened. So yeah how about 3 to 4 minutes between rounds.

Registered User Allies 27 Private
    Last Online
    09-22-2016
    Country
    This is Paasky's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thing pops up every now & then. Solution: Start your rotations earlier and manage them better.

(sorry to sound like a tard, but it really is a )

Sionnach: I have come to the conclusion that you [Paasky] are a complete nutcase.
    Grunty: Paasky is officialy insane. It wasn't official until somone like me said it. I'm bad but Paasky is bloody looney.
    KiMo: Nah nothing against you... I think your insane, that's all.

Registered User Axis 25 Yontohei
    Last Online
    12-04-2016
    Country
    This is YkS Hickle's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly we have like 1 or 2 minutes post round (so when the round "ends" before when the clock starts) and then then 2 minutes re round.

We can adjust either or easily. But if you start your rotations properly (have the people start FH2 prior to joining the server. Most people should not take more then 3min to load in. I know we have a few exceptions here in the tourney.

If your company officers manage their rotations properly it should not be a problem. We always managed to do just fine in previous campaigns.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Registered User Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    01-14-2020
    Country
    This is Switz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W|60Ct Hickle View Post
    have the people start FH2 prior to joining the server. Most people should not take more then 3min to load in. I know we have a few exceptions here in the tourney.
    Exactly, also make sure the map is working properly. So many times in the past where we would be down 1 or more guys because they just installed the map and things are not working properly.

World at War Gears
    Last Online
    09-29-2018
    Country
    This is Avrojet's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The time between rounds was shorter than usual yesterday for some reason. It will be increased again for future battles.

Registered User Axis 29 Scheutze
    Last Online
    08-01-2018
    Country
    This is Cyan Winters's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, there are many rounds (and battles) where rounds are too close for early rotations. Consider Camount - rounds were decided by dozens of tickets and there were lots of nail biters. Having a squad do its rotations during one of those literally could have swung the course of the round. As a reward for winning that round, you get late rotations and a slow start the next round.

I don't see why there is resistance to upping the timer. No one is asking for 10 minutes here, but an additional 30 seconds or a minute wouldn't hurt anyone.
    Cyan Winters.
    Excellence in tanks since Campaign 6
    [6][7][8][9][10][11][12][20][21][22][23][24][27]

Last Online
    10-15-2012
    Country
    This is roscoe's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing I wouldn't mind seeing is just a brief break after the 10 map cycles. It doesn't have to be anymore than a few minutes longer, but give people enough time to use the bathroom, grab some food or something to drink and be ready again. 4-5 Minutes is fine instead of starting right after the map reloads. Another tournament divides their battle into 4 quarters and after each quarter of 3 hours, there is a 10min break.
    Tg[J43]^^|roscoe - Gp[45PzL]~~|roscoe - Rm[48AD]1Lt.roscoe - Ra|~ roscoe - FJS^ roscoe - PKJ~~~ roscoe - MI* roscoe - LDG~~ roscoe - G|60Ct roscoe - KaP// roscoe - 66S|Sg roscoe
    WaW12-21 & 23.

Last Online
    12-04-2016
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KEP// Cyan Winters View Post
    Also, there are many rounds (and battles) where rounds are too close for early rotations. Consider Camount - rounds were decided by dozens of tickets and there were lots of nail biters. Having a squad do its rotations during one of those literally could have swung the course of the round. As a reward for winning that round, you get late rotations and a slow start the next round.

I don't see why there is resistance to upping the timer. No one is asking for 10 minutes here, but an additional 30 seconds or a minute wouldn't hurt anyone.
    Yes but if you go get the people to rotate in have them load up fh2 and ready to join server you should be fine 90% of the time.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Last Online
    06-23-2019
    Country
    This is Patterson's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [MTP] Paasky View Post
    This thing pops up every now & then. Solution: Start your rotations earlier and manage them better.

(sorry to sound like a tard, but it really is a )
    But I can't take a smoke break between rounds anymore

Registered User Allies 27 Private
    Last Online
    09-22-2016
    Country
    This is Paasky's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do it gangsta then: Open your window.

Sionnach: I have come to the conclusion that you [Paasky] are a complete nutcase.
    Grunty: Paasky is officialy insane. It wasn't official until somone like me said it. I'm bad but Paasky is bloody looney.
    KiMo: Nah nothing against you... I think your insane, that's all.

Last Online
    12-04-2016
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or chew like a man.