01-21-2020
    Country
    This is Ayrton's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CD Key not valid

I had a crash with conflicting programs in XP pro.

Since then when I try to log onto an FH2 (or bf2) online server, I get a message, "Your CD key is not valid." and I cannot log on. I can get into the game, I can get on a local, but I cannot get on an online server and end up getting that message.

bf2 maintenance/repair with the discs does nothing.

I have to uninstall and then reinstall bf2 using the product key and then add on 1.41 and 1.5.

Then it works fine until I restart my computer. Then it does the same thing again.

It's the same with Windows Office programs like Word and Excel. After a restart when I run them, they need to be configured and registered/validated each and every time.

System restore doesn't correct the problem.

I think something got wiped out in Windows that stores the validation codes. But I don't know. Any ideas?

Registered User Allies 26 Private
    Last Online
    01-13-2013
    Country
    This is Mazz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All those cd keys are generally stored in the registry IIRC, I'd find out where DICE keys are stored, and see if thats still there, then the microsoft ones. You might've corrupted your registry or something and/or it doesn't locate the keys.

Google is probably your best friend on this one, what I found after a few minutes:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...0959&nextlink=

Manually uninstalling the game in full following their instructions there fixed a CTD error I had during last campaign. Program removing/repair from the discs leaves a lot of **** behind that corrupts your new installations, where this is a full wipe. I'd start there then work outwards towards your windows installation/registry.
    "Michael Wittmann's gunner, Bobby Woll, was known to be an excellent marksman.
    He could hit targets at range even on the move."

Awarded best tanker (of the division) by divisional vote, Campaigns 19, 20, 21, 22, 23(2nd), 24

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    02-15-2019
    Country
    This is Skooterkid's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would contact Microsoft if its not just BF2 having the problem.

Last Online
    01-12-2020
    Country
    This is [KIA] P3rfor@or's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like your registry is not being updated properly.

Go to www.majordeeks.com and look for a free registry repair tool (there are a number). You should be careful of scams if you just google for one. You could try the iobit "Advanced system care" product which is free.

You might be advised, also, to run chkdsk to make sure your disk is OK.

Another good maintenance tool is CCleaner, also a free download.

Hope these help!

Cheers

P3rf

Last Online
    01-16-2020
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I once had to go find that cd key in the registry and delete it after uninstalling/reinstalling completely twice before. Then I reinstalled and it was ok.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.