User Tag List

Last Online
    12-08-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Returning

So, I was on here for two campaigns, but then my computer decided to crash on me. I've had this one for a while, but it's not that good of a gaming computer, especially considering it's a cheap laptop. I plan on buying a desktop soon, but I was wondering if I'd be able to run Forgotten Hope on this one. I'll post my specs so that somebody can hopefully help me out.

Windows XP
    Intel Pentium M Processor 1.86 GHz
    1.24GB RAM

I'm not an expert with computers so I'm not sure what else is needed. It's a Dell Latitude D610 laptop. Any help is appreciated.

Last Online
    08-04-2020
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure that will not work. Those who know more about the minimum needed will be around later tonight or tomorrow.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Registered User 23_German Major
    Last Online
    05-07-2011
    Country
    This is Gj**** Cadyshack's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    =====================================
    System Requirements
    =====================================

- Operating System
    Windows XP (32 Bit Version)

- CPU
    Battlefield 2 supports the following processors:
    Intel Pentium 4
    Intel Xeon
    Intel Pentium Extreme Edition
    Intel Celeron D
    AMD Athlon XP
    AMD Athlon 64
    AMD Athlon 64-FX
    AMD Sempron processor

- Minimum Specification:
    CPU: 1.7 Ghz
    RAM: 512 Mb
    Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500
    with 128 Mb of RAM

- Recommended Specification:
    CPU: 2.4 Ghz
    RAM: 1 Gb
    Video Card with at least 256 Mb of RAM
    Your CPU barely makes the curve for BF2.

FH2 requires more resources, so upgrading your CPU is the number one issue. Getting more RAM helps as well. I belive XP can read 3 gigs, so try to shoot for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online
    06-05-2019
    Country
    This is AB*Rct KullaN's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might be able to run it, but I predict stuttering in FH2 while on lowest settings.

Your cpu is about the same capacity as a 3ghz P4, so that's enough, but not good.
    The ram will definately slow you down, but it should work.
    The real problem is the graphics. "Mobile Intel® 915PM Express Chipset w/ ATI MOBILITYTM RADEON® X300 with 64MB DDR video memory" It's just on the limit of what's possible to run it on.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/dfb/nb_scr...10&cs=28&s=dfb

The best thing to do is testing it. You never know, it might just work

@Cady: It's a laptop, other than ram and hd, it's not that upgradable.

Last Online
    12-06-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WAW for PC doesn't have gamepad options??

Hey, I just purchased WAW for my laptop and I bought Logitech controllers for it as well. I keep looking in the options/settings in the game to try and activate the controller, but I am unable to find anything and the controller functions are completely non-existent. However, it does work for other PC games I have. Any Ideas? Also, I know I need a graphics card, but does anyone know of any place via the internet to find a good price for one?

Registered User 23_German Major
    Last Online
    05-07-2011
    Country
    This is Gj**** Cadyshack's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineGQ View Post
    Hey, I just purchased WAW for my laptop and I bought Logitech controllers for it as well. I keep looking in the options/settings in the game to try and activate the controller, but I am unable to find anything and the controller functions are completely non-existent. However, it does work for other PC games I have. Any Ideas? Also, I know I need a graphics card, but does anyone know of any place via the internet to find a good price for one?
    Wrong game. We're talking BF2.

I guess with the laptop upgrading RAM can do enough for now. Not much of a choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online
    08-04-2020
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theirs a program that will make controllers work for BF2. I can't remember the name right now but you will find the link to it on this site http://www.majorgeeks.com/

That program from what I remember will make controllers work for any game. Makes it act like the mouse even.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    08-04-2020
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the program, may no longer be free. I did download it while it was but it is an earlier version, may not support your gamepad.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/Xpadder_d5282.html

Last Online
    12-08-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it won't work at all. I installed and patched and went to play, but a black screen came up, then my desktop appeared. So, I reinstalled, repatched, and tried again, but same thing. A black screen came up for a moment, then my desktop. Nothing else really happened.