Country
    This is 1AB | Cpl DrGlamm's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reduce Ticket numbers please

Heh guys.

This is a request to please reduce the ticket numbers on some of the maps on pub server rotation.

Nothing can clear a server so much as a 800 - 1000 Fall of Tobruk. Plese knock them down to something more resonable like in the 600s?

Waw16 FJJ^^^; WaW17 K54|Sg; WaW18 MIB~~~; Waw 19 58F_1L

Registered User Axis 30 Major
    Last Online
    06-24-2018
    Country
    This is Bs* w00ter's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    250% should be great for normandy maps, 200% for desert. Don't know if that is possible.

Campaign History: MIG^^ w00ter | LDG~ w00ter | B|60Ct w00ter | 62Brig w00ter | AzE~~~ w00ter | 66S|Ct w00ter | 68D|Pv w00ter

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Swede Chef
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is [WaW]TA|Stubbfan's Country Flag

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG~ w00ter2 View Post
    250% should be great for normandy maps, 200% for desert. Don't know if that is possible.
    Normally no. Scripting the server or serverside modding the map files should be possible though.

World at War
    British Company Officer
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    02-26-2019
    Country
    This is 1AB|Cpt Soldier's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the tickets I believe are right now at 300% Maybe lower to 270? On some of the maps the tickets are necessary so its not a 3 second map.

Sig by Arc9
    "I know how to put my finger in everyone's soup, and you sir do not" - Whinger
    "I am crippled not retarded..." -Skooter

Last Online
    01-07-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And why does it feel like that Italian vs. Aussies Muslim fort map is set on rotation between every other map?

Last Online
    06-24-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it is that good. Learn to love your infantry maps

Campaign History: MIG^^ w00ter | LDG~ w00ter | B|60Ct w00ter | 62Brig w00ter | AzE~~~ w00ter | 66S|Ct w00ter | 68D|Pv w00ter

Last Online
    01-07-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like my infantry maps, but I think the layout on this one breaks up the battle because the map is virtually partitioned off into 3 separate sections. I just feel like it has bad flow. Also, I've witnessed enough times where all the pubbies exclaim "let aussies win so we can move onto goodwood!"

Last Online
    04-10-2014
    Country
    This is [WaW]Schwarzer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300% is fine, there is no reason to have a map last less than an hour. This is FH2, not Halo or Unreal Tournament.

*Owning Tankers Since WaW #7*

Last Online
    10-15-2012
    Country
    This is roscoe's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhm just because you named games that generally have faster rounds doesn't mean FH2/BF2 is required to have longer rounds. We have the ability to decided on an average time our rounds should take...and for the people that only have a short/medium amount of time to play, they don't want to sit on one map for that whole time. There is no reason a round should last that long on a public server.
    Tg[J43]^^|roscoe - Gp[45PzL]~~|roscoe - Rm[48AD]1Lt.roscoe - Ra|~ roscoe - FJS^ roscoe - PKJ~~~ roscoe - MI* roscoe - LDG~~ roscoe - G|60Ct roscoe - KaP// roscoe - 66S|Sg roscoe
    WaW12-21 & 23.

Last Online
    04-10-2014
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any round less than an hour isn't even a round worth playing. What happens when there is a low ticket ratio, and one team owns all the flags (on their own accord or because the map is set up that way)? The other team has about 5 minutes to make a push, if it doesn't work, then game over! Not my idea of fun. An hour long map is a good median for not too long and not too short. Hell, I love 3 hour maps, but I understand that not everyone has the time and/or attention span to play a map that long.

Last Online
    10-15-2012
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if most people don't then the server shouldn't be catered to the few that do...And 5min rounds is a huge exaggeration. There are many more chances than that at the start to stop the bleed.
    Tg[J43]^^|roscoe - Gp[45PzL]~~|roscoe - Rm[48AD]1Lt.roscoe - Ra|~ roscoe - FJS^ roscoe - PKJ~~~ roscoe - MI* roscoe - LDG~~ roscoe - G|60Ct roscoe - KaP// roscoe - 66S|Sg roscoe
    WaW12-21 & 23.

Last Online
    04-10-2014
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't know if most people don't, there is only 10 posts in this forums post haha. However, our server is 64/64 most of the time, so can we safely assume that people enjoy the 300% since they keep coming back? I don't know that either, maybe someone can start a poll.

Last Online
    10-15-2012
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people will play FH2 on the closest to full servers regardless of round length...it's just a situation that could be better on the server. No one will pick the server with 2-3 dozen guys over the one thats in the 50s/60s for that.
    WaW12-21 & 23.

Registered User Spanish Recluta
    Last Online
    10-28-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 58H_Cp Schwarzer View Post
    Any round less than an hour isn't even a round worth playing. What happens when there is a low ticket ratio, and one team owns all the flags (on their own accord or because the map is set up that way)? The other team has about 5 minutes to make a push, if it doesn't work, then game over! Not my idea of fun. An hour long map is a good median for not too long and not too short. Hell, I love 3 hour maps, but I understand that not everyone has the time and/or attention span to play a map that long.
    The problem is, when we switch to old FH2 Maps, about 8-15 people already leave the server, leaving it around 25v25, then when they realize the map has 800+ tickets on a slow moving map, it makes it even harder to complete the round, thus creating more people to leave the server. In harsh cases, we'll be stuck on Tobruk or El Alamein with 10v10 until an admin decides to force the map rotation. The ticket reduction is very necessary as I and many others have noticed and requested in past rounds on the pubby server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ..And We Do Drive-Bys in 325i's

Last Online
    11-15-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im on both sides of the fence with this one. I prefer the round to be ATLEAST an hour on the good maps. The problem really comes when you get a map that most people dislike or is slow moving.

If there was a way to reduce ticket numbers only on certain maps id be for that. But I dont think there is.

Last Online
    06-24-2018
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are on a boring desert map, make a squad and make it less boring. It isn't hard.

We went from totalize with 30 people to FOT, where we ended with 50 last night.

Last Online
    04-10-2014
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I understand that there are maps that are disliked. There always will be, however, just because you hate a map, doesn't mean that everyone else does. That can't really be used to argue this point. Lets say I want to play Fall of Tobruk for an hour, hell I'd play it for 4 hours and be content. You may feel the same way with Goodwood or whatnot. That can't really be used as an argument for this. One valid point that was made was that the server numbers can fall on certain maps. I can say from experience that numbers are TYPICALLY not an issue until certain times of the day, either too early in the day or too late. I would safely say that from 5pm EST- 11pm EST it wouldn't matter what map was played, the server would stay near 64 players. I don't think the ticket ratio is the issue either, the only people I hear complain about it is some WaW members.

From what I'm noticing on the pubbie, is that we have a big number of regulars. I can name off pubbies that I see every day on our server, and I like seeing that. 130th guys, Professor Anthrax (who I remember being a regular on our FH1 server years ago), etc etc. If you lowered the ticket ratio, you may be losing some of our regulars. I can only speak for myself here, but there is many reasons that I don't play **** games like Halo or CoD online. A big reason being that typically you play a map for 15 minutes then quickly load to the next one. (sorry Roscoe for bringing that back up, but I just don't want our game to turn into one of those)

When I think of WaW, I think of a mature gaming community, that houses the best and brightest in FH. If there is a map on that you don't like, don't blame the ticket ratio. Try and find something about the map that you do like. E.G: I hate Purple Heart Lane with a passion, but I don't ***** and moan when I have to play it. I find something in the map that I enjoy, and I do that for the next 900 tickets.

If number losses is the biggest issue, change the map to a pub favorite, don't change our whole server. We don't have to be like every other 100% ticket ratio server to be popular.

Registered User Axis 29 Scheutze
    Last Online
    02-12-2019
    Country
    This is ADRIFTER's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say under the conditions of a full server that a round lasting an hour is a good length of time. The average round at WaW is in the ballpark of 45 minutes, so an hour may seem long to some, but you can't forget that in pub play the map changes after the round, versus staying static all day.

However, extra long round at times of low traffic is a serious concern. In a perfect world we would code the ticket ratio to be proportional to the server population. I'd say the best solution right now is for our pub admins to monitor server population and edit the ticket ratio when the server is clearly lacking full numbers.