User Tag List

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone do something for me, maybe?

In FH2, the iron sights for the weapons are screwed to hell. I own a mauser--and the one in the game shoots to a weird spot on the forward post. I own a Garand, Carbine, and am familiar with the operation of peep sights--and the ones on the No.4 are completely worthless, you have to aim at the base-ish of the post to hit anything, rather than the "cherry on a post" that actual peep sights use??? Same with the Boys, German AT gun, MG34, BREN, etc. The P38 shoots high, way high. The No.2.....well, never shot a Webly, so I just kinda wing it. The Tommy gun is good. The MP40 and Beretta M1938 is kinda goofy, shoots somewhat high. And the list goes on.

What I am curious of is, would someone possibly help out those of us who know what we're doing in RL, but can't aim worth **** in FH2 due to discrepancies, and possibly make a picture thread looking through the irons of the various weapons with a giant, bright, red crosshair to indicate where on the irons we need to aim to hit anything? It's getting ridiculous, I can hit things better with the pistols than the No.4, the K98 is the only rifle where aiming is anywhere close to normal, peep sights are screwed up, etc.

I've heard people say "irons are screwed up by DICE", etc. Well, if that is true, why not alter the animation for looking down the irons to bottom off of the screen the appropriate number of pixels to make them aim where they're supposed to? No, I don't know how hard it would be, but everything is wonky as hell. This mod won't be fun if the irons which are supposed to replace crosshairs are the most unrealistic part about the game, since 90% of users will be on foot.

WaW 13:Gp[45PzL]|Eightball -->OKW[45PzL]*|Eightball Voted Best New Player 45PzL WaW 14: Rc[48AD]Cpt.Eightball Best C.O. WaW 15: Ra|///EightbaII_2 WaW 16: FJJ^^|EightbaII_2

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    04-27-2016
    Country
    This is Overdriven's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find generally the place to shoot from is at the top of the spike. It seems the case with all of them and it really isn't that hard to get the hang of eightballs

Last Online
    06-23-2019
    Country
    This is Patterson's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a little random to be honest.

Remember BF2 has deveation that you can't get rid of. So if your trying to move while your shooting the rifle won't be zeroed at the top of the aiming site.

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've aimed using the top of the spike, and missed every time. And Patterson, I'm 90% of the time stopped while firing any of the problem weapons; the Tommy is about all I can use and hit things with outside of the K98, Webly, and P38. I'm aware that there's deviation, I'm just wanting a basic "in an ideal situation, aiming with THIS part of the front sight would=kill @ say, 100m.

WaW 13:Gp[45PzL]|Eightball -->OKW[45PzL]*|Eightball Voted Best New Player 45PzL WaW 14: Rc[48AD]Cpt.Eightball Best C.O. WaW 15: Ra|///EightbaII_2 WaW 16: FJJ^^|EightbaII_2

Last Online
    06-23-2019
    Country
    This is Patterson's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put the tip of the sight on there head.

Your either gonna hit them in the chest or in the head.

Last Online
    12-26-2018
    Country
    This is R|56Lc.Knowsknone's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have personally been able to hit a moving target much easier than a still target with any gun, minus tanks & AT guns. Its unpredictable really, but even so, the K98 was effectively accurate at 1000m, yet ingame is a ***** to hit a still standing target at 300m... The damn tommy can do that, in real life...

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4|50Rc.Knowsknone View Post
    I have personally been able to hit a moving target much easier than a still target with any gun, minus tanks & AT guns. Its unpredictable really, but even so, the K98 was effectively accurate at 1000m, yet ingame is a ***** to hit a still standing target at 300m... The damn tommy can do that, in real life...
    You could hit a building at 1000m. I've been able to do "center of torso (estimated)"-sized groups with my Mauser at 500 yards, and can't hit squat with the one in-game beyond 150m. 'Can do bowling pins at 240 yards with my peep sights on my Garand, and have a helluva hard time hitting anything beyond 70m with the peep on the BREN, or No.4, because they're flat out wrong. The Mauser's and german ATR's are passable, at best--same with P38 and Webly.

And yes, a Tommy can hit things at about 150yards for certain--done that on a 1977 example styled after the 1927 models in-game. 300m would be difficult, but not impossible, in RL; in-game, if they're @ 150m, you're screwed.

If part of the "big deal" of the mod is "oooh, use the irons!", then why can't they be worked out to where they're, oh, I don't know....functional, maybe even correct in where they aim? They got so much other stuff in the mod to work out wonderfully--why is adjusting the animation for a shouldered rifle, looking down the irons, so difficult to regulate up/down/shake-it-all-around the picture with the irons to make the point-of-aim coincide with the point-of-impact of the various weapons?

Last Online
    11-20-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Register and post your thoughts/suggestions/complaints here: http://forums.filefront.com/battlefi...tten-hope-479/

Thanks

Historical Texture and Sound Pack for FH 0.7 Released! -> HERE!
    Yk[J43]^^|Mr_Cheese

Last Online
    02-13-2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well with the BF2 engin. What you aim for is a cone. Due to variose factors such as lag ping and the good stuff the cone is always trailing the person you are shooting at. So try to shoot a wee bit behind your target. Im sure you will get better results.

Last Online
    10-26-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the K98 was changed at last moment. von Mudra said it was wrong and they fixed it. The No4 is also being looked at too. If you have any issues, you can send them to the Fh2 Devs(Or I can send them for you). Fell free to take pics becuase the FH Devs did this blindly sorta due to refrence pictures of the sights being limited.
    WaWSoldier: and if you are going to call me [gay] say it to my face
    WaWSoldier: if you think I am kidiing Ill have my lawyer contact you
    WaWSoldier: I will sues
    The T-King (Click).

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4|50Rc.FlyGuy45 View Post
    Well the K98 was changed at last moment. von Mudra said it was wrong and they fixed it. The No4 is also being looked at too. If you have any issues, you can send them to the Fh2 Devs(Or I can send them for you). Fell free to take pics becuase the FH Devs did this blindly sorta due to refrence pictures of the sights being limited.
    I intend to point some things out. I mean, I've had some experience with many of the rifles/aiming systems in question, and take some issue with some things. I don't claim to be a "know it all," but there's some things that just need to be fixed.

As for the "cone" issue....well, leading/following the target are things I'm going to need to work on anyway with this new engine, but the shots I'm talking about missing in game are stable shooting positions at a stable, static/stationary enemy, and still missing.

if someone could get a link or picture of this "cone" diagnostic people keep talking about, I'll make sure and study it. But I doubt the "aim behind them" comes in handy if you're facing them and they're facing you, standing still

I'll register and post my thoughts on the other forum when I get a chance--I need to hit the sack due to work tomorrow, but if someone else wishes to make the posts for me, using my phrases and such, they're welcome; give me a day or two and I'll get back to it. Just that some of these issues are fundamental and need to be worked out; I would hate for the peep sights as currently on the No.4 to mar the peep sighting system that is used by M1 Garands and M1 Carbines, 1903s (will there be a peep-sighted 03A3 this time, or is the 1903 going to be a "leaf-sight-only" mechanism"?), etc etc, as well as the sight systems of the other fine weapon systems out there. (which, as a note--not all peep sights are the "cherry on a post" sighting system, many are "cover up the target" type, I'm looking into that currently).

Last Online
    03-11-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any trouble hitting people with any of the rifles. While perhaps they are not "true to life" in the rear sight and front sight lining perfectly up. I don't think they are far off.

As someone who mods BF2 and has done a ton of weapon imports into BF2. It is not so easy to line all that up. It takes alot of trial an error to get them exact. Believe me, I have spent hours before just on one weapon to line up the sights proper.

All I can suggest for now is to just practice shooting at a wall or something that is a known item and see where the bullet hits. Adjust from there until you get the sight picture down.

Registered User Allies 25 Soldat
    Last Online
    04-16-2013
    Country
    This is [AFK]Irishman's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh, aiming at the tip of the middle 'column' of the No4 site works just fine for me. I've also been able to hit people far away too.

Last Online
    04-27-2016
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same...i don't get what all the issue is about.

Last Online
    12-13-2019
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eightball, if you see me in the axis server by myself we can take turns running across in front of each other and shooting cause I can hit anything moving even if I'm laying down.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Registered User 23_German Schuetze (first rank)
    Last Online
    05-02-2011
    Country
    This is GjT Sky Captain's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2|50SL.Irishman View Post
    Huh, aiming at the tip of the middle 'column' of the No4 site works just fine for me. I've also been able to hit people far away too.
    Mmmhmm.

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Do]Gunnie View Post
    I don't have any trouble hitting people with any of the rifles. While perhaps they are not "true to life" in the rear sight and front sight lining perfectly up. I don't think they are far off.

As someone who mods BF2 and has done a ton of weapon imports into BF2. It is not so easy to line all that up. It takes alot of trial an error to get them exact. Believe me, I have spent hours before just on one weapon to line up the sights proper.

All I can suggest for now is to just practice shooting at a wall or something that is a known item and see where the bullet hits. Adjust from there until you get the sight picture down.
    My idea isn't to mess with the sights completely in how they align, just the respective POA from the front sight to the POI downrange--heck, keep the same sight picture/alignments.

My point being--I know the way to get the "sight picture" on most of the weapons in question in RL; I'm just saying that it may possibly be able to use some tweaking to put the front sight at the point where, even if you had the sights aligned correctly in RL, the rifles would shoot towards.

Last Online
    02-21-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well on the rifles its normal for them to hit high at close ranges. in ww2 they sighted them in at like 100-200 yards so they hit high up close, all my ww2 rifles hit a couple inches high at 20-50 yards

WaW13: PgD[45PzL]///|Eatlead
    WaW19: 58W Sg Eatlead - best flag attacker

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    06-17-2019
    Country
    This is 1AB|PvtTheOnlylars's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussuly hits when i fire

Last Online
    01-28-2014
    Country
    This is Herr Holm's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [An]Eightball View Post
    I've aimed using the top of the spike, and missed every time. And Patterson, I'm 90% of the time stopped while firing any of the problem weapons; the Tommy is about all I can use and hit things with outside of the K98, Webly, and P38. I'm aware that there's deviation, I'm just wanting a basic "in an ideal situation, aiming with THIS part of the front sight would=kill @ say, 100m.
    Well if you're shooting far away (as in 400+ yards at tiny *** targets), I've noticed ANY rifle is a hit or miss situation (usually a miss). To be honest, (to me) It seems like the bullets do not effect the targets out to a certain distance. I've used the scoped k98 many times and there are far off targets that it just seems you can't hit no matter how clear and easy a target they are.

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Vi|/]Eatlead View Post
    well on the rifles its normal for them to hit high at close ranges. in ww2 they sighted them in at like 100-200 yards so they hit high up close, all my ww2 rifles hit a couple inches high at 20-50 yards
    At 100 or 200 yards, none of the rifles in-game are dead on, it seems. And they don't hit high for me at ranges below that....they hit massively lower.

Last Online
    02-21-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would be a cool function ingame to sight in your rifle (in the spawn screen) so you could have the bullets hitting dead on at whatever range you like

WaW13: PgD[45PzL]///|Eatlead
    WaW19: 58W Sg Eatlead - best flag attacker

Last Online
    01-27-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if I'm posting a lot but I need to be able to post URLs so rather than spamming I'm looking for posts to reply to but, it's really confusing that the drop is different on all the rifles and in a lot of cases it seems too over drastic. The shots don't really deviate left or right though, so it's more of getting comfortable with the drop at different ranges, nothing is going to beat experience so pub it up and sniping people from long range even if it takes 5 clips to get one hit.

Last Online
    04-27-2016
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In FH2 the drop is hardly noticeable. I'm not bad at long range shooting now and the drop and lead are extremely minimum compared to what we had in FH.

Last Online
    08-04-2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try adjusting your resolution, eightball.
    "If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
    - Bruce Lee

Bounced e-mail address
    please update e-mail!
    Axis 24 Primo tenente
    Last Online
    10-12-2011
    Country
    This is FpN~~ Rotten Karma's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are not haveing problems aiming, why not get a few sample resolutions and monitor types. Post em here. I know Holm posted an depressing guide showing the drop on a K98ZF and i was about the drop on a Paint ball marker, which if any of you have ever played paint ball, you know that is a lot.
    10: Ak[Gj37]|Rotten Karma 11: RkA[Tol]^|Rotten Karma
    Classics: Pg[HgA]|Rotten Karma (Rank unknown) 12: Ha[J43]^|Rotten Karma
    13: Lw[45PzL]F~|Rotten Karma 14: Wo[48AD]^Pfc.Rotten Karma
    15: Me|/ Rotten Karma
    18: MIZ^ Rotten Karma 19: LDS^ Rotten Karma
    24: GjL~ Rotten Karma