09-22-2016
    Country
    This is Paasky's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget BF2, it's crap?

Sionnach: I have come to the conclusion that you [Paasky] are a complete nutcase.
    Grunty: Paasky is officialy insane. It wasn't official until somone like me said it. I'm bad but Paasky is bloody looney.
    KiMo: Nah nothing against you... I think your insane, that's all.

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aside from just saying "forget it".....any other options that could possibly help me out?

WaW 13:Gp[45PzL]|Eightball -->OKW[45PzL]*|Eightball Voted Best New Player 45PzL WaW 14: Rc[48AD]Cpt.Eightball Best C.O. WaW 15: Ra|///EightbaII_2 WaW 16: FJJ^^|EightbaII_2

Registered User Allies 29 Private
    Last Online
    07-17-2014
    Country
    This is [2MR] Slayer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um try to update catalyst?

Registered User 23_German Stabsgefreiter
    Last Online
    10-27-2013
    Country
    This is GjW^ JosevicPonska's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One time I had same kind of "drivers not responding" issues and could not play some games (often got to menus or to game itself but crashed always at some point). Later I found out that my motherboard was broken, hopefully it's not same. Does this happen somewhere else? Hardware problems can cause all kind of different "effects".

WaW 16:
    FJA///JosevicPonska
    WaW 20: C|60Lt JosevicPonska
    WaW 17: PKG^ JosevicPonska WaW 21: AFKbotPonska
    WaW 18: B|56Ss. JosevicPonska
    WaW 19: 58W 2L JosevicPonska

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything else works fine. As I said---before I recently uninstalled everything and followed all the previously outlined steps in the possible fixes, FH2 worked just fine. All other programs, etc, work like they should.

WaW 13:Gp[45PzL]|Eightball -->OKW[45PzL]*|Eightball Voted Best New Player 45PzL WaW 14: Rc[48AD]Cpt.Eightball Best C.O. WaW 15: Ra|///EightbaII_2 WaW 16: FJJ^^|EightbaII_2

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Swede Chef
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is [WaW]TA|Stubbfan's Country Flag

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you make a copy of my documents/battlefield 2 directory and then remove the actual one and start the game does that make any difference?

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll check on that tomorrow.....well, later tomorrow, since it is now tomorrow. Then I'll get back to you.

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got your answer: No, it doesn't help. The "choose single/multiplayer" screen's background is static, then it goes black, then it came back with the top 1/4 purple and grainy, then the bottom half grey and grainy, and then it fried.

SHortly after it CTD'd, the ATI Catalyst popped up a window that says "VPU Recover has reset your graphisc accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands;" and an option to tell ATI technologys or to not send the error report.

ANd, now scrolling up and down on teh interwebs gets laggy and weird rather than smoothe, so I'm going to restart my CPU.

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone?

Last Online
    01-11-2020
    Country
    This is RX-7's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After checking this for the first time I would say remove all ati drivers then get the newest one for it

also what are the specs of tour machine

World at War
    Tournament Admin
    Swede Chef
    Last Online
    Today
    Country
    This is [WaW]TA|Stubbfan's Country Flag

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah.. like Rx said. Switch drivers. Low RAM has also been known to cause GFX errors similar to that.

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A|54LT.RX-7 View Post
    After checking this for the first time I would say remove all ati drivers then get the newest one for it

also what are the specs of tour machine
    Okay.......how do I go about doing that? I'm not the most computer-literate person in the world

as for my specs....I'll get those to you in a bit, I've only had a second to be on here before needing to be elsewhere.

Registered User Allies 26 Company Sergeant Major
    Last Online
    01-12-2013
    Country
    This is 72H|CS Daddy's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1: Go to http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.HTML and download the appropriate driver for your system. Don't run it, download it.

2: Go to Start>Control Panel> Add or remove programs. Select the ATI driver and uninstall.

3estart

4: Install the driver you've downloaded.

5: Restart

Badabing you've got a clean install of the latest drivers.

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm already running the latest drivers according to that. What now?

Registered User Allies 26 Company Sergeant Major
    Last Online
    01-12-2013
    Country
    This is 72H|CS Daddy's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do it anyway. Could be corrupt download, or maybe you didn't uninstall properly last time you got the latest drivers.

Another thing is try to use the FH toolbox utility gizmo thingy. Delete Logo and Graphics cache.

Also, if you do a reinstall of the game - I've read somewhere (was it here) that someone had problems with the full FH2.1 install. Go get the FH2.0 and the 2.1 update, install those.

The DL takes a helluva lot of time, but hey it's 5 days till battle day

Last Online
    11-03-2011

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing is try to use the FH toolbox utility gizmo thingy. Delete Logo and Graphics cache.

Also, if you do a reinstall of the game - I've read somewhere (was it here) that someone had problems with the full FH2.1 install. Go get the FH2.0 and the 2.1 update, install those.

The DL takes a helluva lot of time, but hey it's 5 days till battle day
    While I do appreciate your suggestions, my main problem is getting BF2 to run; though, at this point, I hope FH2 runs again when they finally get around to releasing 2.15.