Country
    This is 68A|Pf torex's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FH2 - Spotting rules for BFE?

Hi,

in FH2 only officers and scouts may spot enemies. Will this be modified for BFE-WaW that everyone may spot something with every kit? I dont like this "feature" of FH2...
    +++ Join the World at War-Facebook-Group! +++ Red Guards & Tirpitz forever!+++

World at War
    British Company Officer
    Allies 32 Captain
    Last Online
    03-02-2019
    Country
    This is Hiltz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Do|/] torex View Post
    Hi,

in FH2 only officers and scouts may spot enemies. Will this be modified for BFE-WaW that everyone may spot something with every kit? I dont like this "feature" of FH2...
    As far as i know we will be playing FH2 as it came out of the box for this campaign.

Registered User Blufor 28 Recruit
    Last Online
    10-13-2013
    Country
    This is AB*Rct EmmaevaZ's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Some may like it

I actually like it.

Last Online
    02-10-2016
    Country
    This is Sauron's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like it yet either, I used to spot a lot .Though0 it does safe a lot of chat spamming, so it might be a good idea after all.

For now it's better to use standard FH2 anyway, they will tweak, tune and update the FH2 gameplay a lot in the upcoming months, since this is the first release. Before that there is no point in us tuning it all I guess, better let the FH2 Team do the big work first and we can start adjusting it when it comes to details.

Last Online
    12-24-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please please please please keep it as it is.

a) It makes scout/recon a wanted part of the team
    b) It's billion times better than the BF2 version that is like sounds raping your ears
    c) see b... yes it really was that bad in BF2 "sniper spotted" "tank spotted" tank spotted" "sniper spotted" "enemy infantry" "tank spotted" "kid with adhd spamming spots spotted" "plane spotted" "tank spotted"
    d) thou hast thou TS, thou shall use it

World at War Ambulance
    Last Online
    05-06-2018
    Country
    This is Trexer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer the original question.
    No

I like it myself and is why I usually spawn Recon/NCO.

Last Online
    09-12-2012
    Country
    This is H62|Cp Tharos's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't really matter for BFE because as has been pointed out we have TS. You say "Panzer IV incoming, northwest" and your company knows all about it.

I don't mind the idea of having a Recon guy somewhere out there spotting incoming assaults, as it helps on both the company and division level.

Last Online
    01-29-2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Vi|/]Tharos View Post
    It doesn't really matter for BFE because as has been pointed out we have TS. You say "Panzer IV incoming, northwest" and your company knows all about it.

I don't mind the idea of having a Recon guy somewhere out there spotting incoming assaults, as it helps on both the company and division level.
    Seeing the icon tho helps bombers, and tankers I assume, in a huge huge way...

Especially when TS is crowded... but yes our TS comms are usually primary.

And as of now, the recon kit is everything that a rifleman kit is minus nades/smoke and rifle nades... So it shoudn't be a huge deal to assign 1 or 2 at each flag for defense... Puts a little more emphasis on teamwork to have the bino kits being the only kits to spot.. One of the few things the FH team actually did to promote teamwork..

I like the kit as well... I've always taken the bino kits over the nade kits because of it.. me thorwing nade usually only ends in tears.
    sig

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country
    This is Bailing_Out's Country Flag

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In TS your only talking to your company most of the time. You will have to change channels to tell the planes or tanks what you saw where and where it's going. I know the constant spotting in BF 2 vanilla on most of the public servers is annoying but most of the chat messages in waw are not even related to the battle itself. (yeah I'm the worst about that). We don't spam the spots like the public servers. It lights up the enemy and you on the map where everyone knows where it is.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Josey Wales: When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.
    Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

my blog Which I rarely post to.

Last Online
    09-12-2012
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there are two solutions for that

1) Your CO tells the AF or armor or
    2) You switch channels (don't do this, but in principle you could). You don't need to alt tab, just assign key commands for switching to a different channel.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed that alt tab thing, as soon as I saw it. But it still lets everyone know. DAMMIT I NEED THE GUY SWINGING THE SHOVEL.
    Kissinger Quote "The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
    Over time even two armed blind men in a room can do enormous damage to each other, not to speak of the room."

Lone Watie: I notice when you get to DISlikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.

The camps I remember being in. Maybe some others, I was drinking, I was on the moon with Steve.

Last Online
    12-24-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [An|/]Bailing_Out View Post
    In TS your only talking to your company. Your an inf guy, you see a tank, the planes and tanks are on another channel, you going to alt tab out, change channels to tell them and get killed? I know the constant spotting in BF 2 vanilla on most of the pubby servers is annoying but most of the chat messages in waw are not even related to the battle itself half the time (yeah I'm the worst about that). We don't spam spots like the pubbies.
    No you are going to communicate what you observe to your own company and your scouts and leader will move the information to whole team, scouts with their binos and leaders with their binos + TS channel commander whisper.

Last Online
    Yesterday
    Country

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it damn sure is not my decision but I think it will not work as well as the old BF 42 FH way of pushing f3 and then f1 to spot the tank.

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    04-27-2016
    Country
    This is Overdriven's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah bailing out, your squad commanders are talking and receiving orders from HC constantly via channel commander. You just don't hear it. How else do you think the CO's get there orders to relay to yourselves?

Last Online
    09-12-2012
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My CO's always told me that they acted as God's vice-gerants on Earth.

Last Online
    03-19-2012
    Country
    This is [RET]A. Smith's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, are you guys sure you can't use the Q key to spot without a recn kit? I'm pretty sure I could with every class... I'll have to check.

Last Online
    09-21-2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spotters (recon/fireteam leaders) have a radio. pilots have (?) radio. thus pilots get the spots they need. besides i hope we use VOIP because that way you have fireteam channels (with B) and fireteam leaders+commander channel (with V) so TS wont be that crowded.

this is just like RL

Last Online
    01-29-2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [An|/]Bailing_Out View Post
    In TS your only talking to your company most of the time. You will have to change channels to tell the planes or tanks what you saw where and where it's going.
    COs use channel commander to report to other companies what their troops are spotting.
    sig

Registered User Allies 24 Private First Class
    Last Online
    08-23-2012
    Country
    This is 68A|Pf torex's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Vi]Tharos View Post
    It is limited to your company at first... and even in this circle, you have a human delay. And the delay to the tanks or HQ might be deadly for your soldiers and tanks and it helps very lot the airforce!

Well, the NCO kit is limited to your NCO I think, so you have to take the recon kit. Recon kit => rifle... big disadvantage for close quarters... :-(

Or will be there a purchasable recon kit with close quarters?
    +++ Join the World at War-Facebook-Group! +++ Red Guards & Tirpitz forever!+++

Last Online
    09-21-2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the whole idea is so that you will need to kit balance your squad. one has a radio and a rifle and the other a tommy/MP40. the NCO can spot, all you got to do is report to him and he spots it. it really improves the gameplay

Registered User Allies 26 Private
    Last Online
    01-13-2020
    Country
    This is caeno's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hate that spotting system... the noise is so awful!