06-02-2013
    Country
    This is 70D|Bg Spfft-Ebil's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First impressions,FH2.

So,while i'm stuck here waiting for my Bf2 coming to my mailbox,I might aswell listen to ur (hopefully)amazing stories from FH2.

Yeah, i was supposed to make a cool sig but i got lazy. So here's a picture of a dog.
    WaW14 - Rc[48AD]Cp. \ WaW15 - Ra|/// \ WaW16 - FJS|/// \ WaW17 - PKJ|// \ WaW18 - MIT|/// \ WaW19 - 58H Sg. \ WaW20 - S|60Pf.

Registered User Allies 25 Soldat
    Last Online
    10-10-2016
    Country
    This is bigh0rse's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a great time playing for a couple of hours. I didn't think the sites or grenades were too hard to get used to. I am color blind so the different desert uniforms were hard to tell apart. I TKed a lot. So did most other people. I think that it will take a little while for people to take full advantage of the commander and squad leader tools. Some people were complaining about lag. I didn't have any. It did take almost 10 minutes for my shaders to adjust the first time and the maps took a long time to load. I am VERY excited about playing more.

I don't know what my frame rate was, but it wasn't to slow. I have an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (2.1 GHz). 1.5 GB ram. GeForce 6800 GS 128 MB ram video card. I played at 1600x1200 at medium settings.

I may be old, but I know how escrow works...

Registered User Allies 25 Soldat 1ere
    Last Online
    06-02-2013
    Country
    This is 70D|Bg Spfft-Ebil's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting... My PC has like dualcore processor and GeForce8600. Still i get those nasty "lag spikes",which always seem to ruin my flying.I wonder could the lag come from that i have 0.5mb network and the DSL modem is on the other side of the house?

Yeah, i was supposed to make a cool sig but i got lazy. So here's a picture of a dog.
    WaW14 - Rc[48AD]Cp. \ WaW15 - Ra|/// \ WaW16 - FJS|/// \ WaW17 - PKJ|// \ WaW18 - MIT|/// \ WaW19 - 58H Sg. \ WaW20 - S|60Pf.

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    04-27-2016
    Country
    This is Overdriven's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll be fine with that Speed. My good computer has that and it runs bf2 like a dream. Whereas this piece of crap i'm on now is vastly outdated.

On this computer FH2 looked liked ****, played like **** and lagged up like **** so i didn't bother. I switched to my other one and on there it looks great, sounds great, plays great and is lag free. Personally it's better than i expected it to be, especially it being bf2.

Last Online
    05-08-2017
    Country
    This is ret.Matte's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hopefully will get used to it.

Last Online
    10-20-2017

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What?? Crosshairs? Was it supposed to have crosshairs??

Last Online
    04-27-2016
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but the cross hairs without ironsights are very wide and only good for really close quarters.

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Grenadier
    Last Online
    01-23-2020
    Country
    This is [WaW] m1's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I find it funny that so many people who really wanted to play and thought it was going to be the best thing since sliced bread are not able to play FH2.

Oh well...
    ]

Registered User 23_German Schuetze (first rank)
    Last Online
    05-02-2011
    Country
    This is GjT Sky Captain's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]m1 View Post
    Personally I find it funny that so many people who really wanted to play and thought it was going to be the best thing since sliced bread are not able to play FH2.

Oh well...
    Sliced bread is the coolest thing since sleep.

Anyways, lag aside, I had a blast. Iron sights were a lot easier to use than on BGF *shudders*, the animations were cool (If a little fast), and everything seemed top notch for a first release. Also, I just took some of the planes for a spin by myself, and they were great. The tracer effects were a nice surprise, and I like the headshake/wobble/thing they put in. The new gunsight view was pretty good too.

I think I might have to try and go air force as I'm absolute crap on the ground due to lag but run smooth as a piece of laminated paper in the air.

Last Online
    10-20-2017

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BGF has no crosshairs, and I can still kill with the rifle at short range. Planes are very nice for being the first release. The main problem is that they don't stall.

Tanks also have a realistic feel, but they turn way to well, same goes for the kubel. Player models are very superior to BGF, the ironsights are just fine, I wouldn't say better than BGF. Tank fire sounds are poor. FH1 has way better tank sounds. FHSW has very superior hand weapon sounds as well.

Last Online
    04-27-2016
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tanks also feel to light and fast. You feel as if you turn a corner too fast you'll flip over and you defo shouldn't get that in a tank lol.

Last Online
    11-11-2016
    Country
    This is Distant's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I crashed after about 5 rounds of playing, bleed needs some work, Killing a tank w/o a tank or AT gun or plane is a b****

Registered User Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    01-14-2020
    Country
    This is Switz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [WaW]m1 View Post

Oh well...
    how are you liking it?

Here are my impressions in no certain order

1. Weapons are well done, Iron sights are extremely well done but some things are off(IE Rifle grenades, you only "aim" them at the last second before shooting them) and the strange bug the German AT rifle gets if you stand up while it's reloading you can't fire and you move very slowly until you lay down and stand back up again.

2. I have driven Shermans, Stuarts, Crusaders, Panzer II's, Grants, Panzer IV's and Panzer III's, I have yet to flip any of them

3. The 222 is now the General Lee, You are required to yell Yeeeehaaw! while driving it in order for it to work.

4. Movable AT guns are a nice touch.

5. The Brits have almost no HE shells, I understand few were issued, but they could give them one or two per tank? I say this because it's such a change going between Panzer III's and Crusader's. Both because Panzer III's have a limited supply of "super" AT rounds and HE rounds.

6. The Panzer IV-F1 the original whorage weapon is even more awesome now. It fires shells closer to Brummbar splash in FH1 in FH2

7. There needs to be more AT class options, the Pioneer should have gotten sticky bombs or satchels since it's a bad idea to charge a Panzer III with a boys rifle.

8. The difference between .45ACP and 9mm is very noticeable now.

9. Planes are not the great danger they were in Fh1. They have to land to reload, they carry few bombs and they have a hard time finding targets.

10. There is nothing more terrifying in FH2 as an infantryman as the sound of a Panzer II pulling up outside your flag and switching over to 20mm HE rounds. It's like an Ostwind that's angry and has been eating all it's vegetables.
    October 4th 2004-December 10th 2011

Registered User Allies 26 Private
    Last Online
    08-08-2017

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its very cool much less PC taxing then BF2 but i crash when i die more then twice i dont know why. Any suggestions?

Last Online
    09-12-2012
    Country
    This is H62|Cp Tharos's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I crashed twice when loading, although I'll blame my computer for that most likely.

I thought it was pretty damn good, especially for a first release.

The Lewis gun is extremely accurate and I was picking off guys from great range on Tobruk.

The Bren takes a lot of time to aim, but I'm sure that's done just so there isn't any whoring of it.

The planes are fun and it's fun having dogfights, but I think it's rather hard to find ground targets, or at least that was my impression with Supercharge.

The maps are very well done. I especially like Sfakia, but that's out of Greek bias.

Tanks could be slowed down a bit, I felt as though I got to the front lines a bit too quickly.

I can't say I had a problem with uniforms except at great distances, at which uniforms don't matter anymore. "Check your minimap" is as true as ever.

I don't know if I'm the only one who noticed, but smoke coverage is much more effective in FH2 than it is in BF2.

Also I don't know what I think of not having a health bar, especially since it's not really needed, but I like the way you need to use bandages and shi.

Last Online
    12-16-2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [MTP]Adder View Post

5. The Brits have almost no HE shells, I understand few were issued, but they could give them one or two per tank? I say this because it's such a change going between Panzer III's and Crusader's. Both because Panzer III's have a limited supply of "super" AT rounds and HE rounds.
    2-pounders and 6-pounders could only fire AP rounds. The british had to create dedicated ground support variants of their standard tanks, armed with a 3inch howitzer to fill that gap. In the end, the british have more AP rounds to knock out tanks, but are not good at supporting infantry or destroying emplacements, while the german tanks can do that but at the expense of a lower AP ammo supply. It should balance it out in theory.

-Firing from a moving armored car is now much harder.

-Having to switch between different ammo types according to your target is what I always missed in FH. Firing at a tank with AP and then having to switch to HE to fire at an AT gun, and then back again, feels alot more realistic to me. As is the inclusion os Heat shells for the F1, capable of knocking a Matilda in one shot, but very limited in supply.

-Infantry gets the rear end when it has to kill a tank.

-Ironsights are great, but the german one is alot easier to use as it does not block your view as much, allowing to lead your shots.

-The bleed effect after youre hit is a nice feature.

-Ramboing will get you one kill, two at most. This is what I like more about the mod: You have to play as team if you want a chance to win the round.

-Contrary to Adder, I flipped a Grant on Aberdeen. I feel special

-Arming a rifle-grenade and using it the same way as in DC ruins the gameplay.

-Killing someone with a bayonet is a great feeling, but could I get my crosshairs back?

-Lagged a bit for me when I was near an arty strike, and when the flak was firing at ground targets, in a city environment.

Overall its beautifully done. Much better than some professional releases.

Last Online
    05-02-2011
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rc[48AD]Sgt.Blander View Post
    BGF has no crosshairs, and I can still kill with the rifle at short range. Planes are very nice for being the first release. The main problem is that they don't stall.
    Oh they stall, but only after losing more airspeed than they should. That was my experience, anyways. However, this an arcade-y game, so I don't mind it that much.

Last Online
    07-12-2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good, definitely not FH1. But, factor in how dated FH1 is and it is better. I think this is a limitation of the engine. It just won't ever be the same. Something about the BF2 engine is just awkward, laggy, and generally annoying. There are also upsides to the engine (vehicles staying on the ground in barbed wire) though.

Noticed two bugs so far. One was noted by others, the artillery of some sort not working properly... not personally finding that one I don't know the exact problem. The other is the Bren Carrier turns slightly to the right and thus can't drive in a straight line. Mildly annoying, easy to fix I'm sure.

The feel of in-game itself is, for lack of a better comparison, kind like a better version of WWIIOL. The tanks are loud, obnoxious, and fearsome seeming. The guns sound accurate and the battle feels pretty epic like that of WWIIOL, granted the scale isn't the same.

The planes were hardly noticeable the couple maps I played with them. Only once did bombs land near me and they were more just big booms... so again using the WWIIOL comparison the bombs falling win in that. Bombs in WWIIOL make you **** yourself . I could barely even hear the Stuka siren, but perhaps that's just because whoever was flying it never took a run at my location.

I think the infantry combat is overly plagued with the shell shock effect. It's pretty annoying that a gun going off on the other side of a building dazes me. It's also annoying that bullets hitting a wall all the way across the room daze you.

It is extremely well done. The only gripe I have really lies within flaws of the BF2 engine. Really maybe that's a personal problem, but something about the engine just feels wrong when compared with the BF42 engine. I think it'll suit BFE well enough though.

The new toys and features are definitely excellent, it's nice to see the perks of the BF2 engine stand out also (Tank/AT ammo, moving AT guns, better implementation of setting ATRs/MGs, etc.).

Anyway, that's kind of the scattered thoughts on it without time to formulate or truly experience it so take it lightly. I'm interested to see what organization will bring to the table in it since today was just a cluster**** of nubs minus a couple of the testers. It's great to see the BFE servers both heavily populated, due in large part to the BFE guys filling them up enough for the pubbies to do the rest. Now more than ever would be the time to act proper in the servers (Namely if you have the [WaW] in your name) and promote the tourney on our servers by inviting pubbies to come and sign up (Come Sunday, before that inform them sign-ups start Sunday).

"Beyonce is the only black woman I would do because she most closely resembles a white male."
    - Patterson

Last Online
    05-02-2011
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [24M]T|Sgt.bUm View Post
    I could barely even hear the Stuka siren, but perhaps that's just because whoever was flying it never took a run at my location.
    I think the reason you almost never heard it is because it's now linked to the divebrakes, which have to be manually operated now. I could be wrong though, that's just coming from what I remember on the FHWiki.

Last Online
    11-11-2016
    Country
    This is Distant's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also contratry to adder i flipped a Sherman. on El alamein. trying to get to the SE hill flag.

Last Online
    05-26-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the most the new movable Antitankguns....
    as dedicated wwiionline player with selfpropelled guns, it was a pleasure to see this feature in the game...
    hehe at a short I handled the 6 pounder and set it up in ambush, 20-30 kills in 2 hours and about 100 points 8)
    and that only kills on tanks and MPCs...
    for the most pubby player this is a whole new world at BF2

another good one is the the possibilty to change between gunner sight and comander at the tanks...

infantry was good as expected, the only problem is we can not proof it at the moment for the circumstances, because there is no map, besides parts of 1 which support close combat in a whole...

The flippin of the tanks is okay for me you shouldnt drive them like willy jeeps then you dont flip them ^^....

ANd the speed is different, I drove the british Valentine, one of the heaviest tanks, and it was like a turtle..
    slow but very good armored...
    so it all has some advantage and disadvantage, what my hgess is also that the ping does matter now more, especial at aiming...
    In the end I like it but cant wait for new maps to proof inf fights in real...
    At the moment it is limit on the pubby server because noone wants to play the mobile spawn point which grant closer Infantry fights.
    I am sure with WAW tournament starts we can see here better battles
    WAW12: Tg[J43]///|Blacktear
    WAW13: Wi[45PzL]///|Blacktear
    WAW14: Rm[48AD]Pfc.Blacktear
    WAW15: Me/l[GER]Blacktear
    WAW16: FJJ/[GER]Blacktear

Last Online
    12-24-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HQ[48AD]Maj.Bigh0rse View Post
    I am color blind so the different desert uniforms were hard to tell apart. I TKed a lot.
    That explains why you shot me altough I was in your fireteam and jumping up and down infront of your face .

1. Ok this prolly was just with WaW server settings BUT the double spawn time sucks.

2. All tanks I tested seemd to work fine altough some seemd to have lead balls as MG ammo as the gravity sucked em down after few meters

3. HE ammo lacking from British tanks makes them harder to play than Axis ones imo. Also axis guns seemd stronger than British ones but maybe I just managed accidentally to pick the best axis tank .

4. I don't like AT rifle. Have to wait a while untill they add Piat .

5. Planes seem to be more balanced now. Didn't see any major carnage caused by them, prolly because they have to land to get more ammo so they don't bomb every lone soldier but instead save their bombs for tanks.

6. Some maps were boring to infantry.

7. The night map (hyacinth?) should be rethought. Stopping the over wall jumping and making the last axis flag the strongest to defend would improve this.

8. The searchlight was just annoying as hell. It should be on/off on firing, not blink 2 times like disco light.

9. 80% of players so far have not bothered to dodge mines altough you would spam flags on them

10. Scout/recon is a fun class. Mines, binos, rifle and smoke make them nice addition to any fireteam. Also sniper kit felt good.

11. I miss tankhunter class ... Thompson + sticky mines would be pure win. Even rifle + sticky mines... just not that stupid AT rifle .

12. Broken (player controlled) arty is a shame. I think few maps would have been more playbale with working arty.

Last Online
    06-05-2019
    Country
    This is AB*Rct KullaN's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It plays quite nice, but the thing about it being able to run on a computer that can run BF2 on min is far from the truth.
    I can run both vBF2 and PRMM on medium/low, ~65 fps, but FH2 lags like nothing else, even on minimum settings...

Registered User Axis 29 Scheutze
    Last Online
    02-12-2019
    Country
    This is ADRIFTER's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do any waw pilots have anyhing to say about the planes?...aka, people who are not noobs in planes

its killing me that i won't be able to really play and enjoy (10 fps or over...atleast) FH2 until two weeks from now, as my gaming pc is dead.

Last Online
    05-02-2011
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [47Sgb]Mjr.ADRIFTER View Post
    its killing me that i won't be able to really play and enjoy (10 fps or over...atleast) FH2 until two weeks from now, as my gaming pc is dead.
    Extend that from 2 weeks to 2 years and welcome to my world.

Registered User 23_German Major
    Last Online
    05-07-2011
    Country
    This is Gj**** Cadyshack's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Sniper rifles are teh pwn.
    2. Same as most above me said about the tanks. Also, the P4F2 can one shot a Valentine to the front with the Super AT shell.
    3. I was flying a bit, and it was pretty hard to find targets (as it should), but I would also get disoriented and couldn't find a target after a pass.
    4. Knife/bayonet fighting is hilarious.
    5. Arty worked for me, I spotted, and the arty guy got rounds on target, so I don't know what's going on (does view not work?).
    6. The only non-mine AT being in the AT rifle kit is annoying.
    7. Sometimes ironsights got stuck, not often with normal rifes, but they do more often for the AT rifles.
    8. I need to get the rifle nade drop down.
    Was a nice first release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online
    03-18-2017
    Country
    This is Thendash's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [46Z]H|SSzt.Apro-FIN- View Post
    2. All tanks I tested seemd to work fine altough some seemd to have lead balls as MG ammo as the gravity sucked em down after few meters
    All objects on earth fall at the same rate. So if they modeled that in FH2 then that just means the bullets are just fired slower.

WaW13 - [46Z]H|Kpr.Thendash | WaW14 - Wo[48AD]FSgt.Thendash | WaW15 - Ra|/// Thendash | WaW16 - K|2Lt.Thendash

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    07-13-2019
    Country
    This is 1AB|Pvt. Wilhelm's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some answers to a few of the things brought up in this thread:

1. The manual arty was broken on the WaW server for some reason that only the BF2 gods will know. I played on several other servers and the spotting function worked perfectly.

2. Spawn times is a server setting, Trexer was a nub and messed it up!

3. The issue with standing up while in iron sight mode with the AT rifles is a BF2 bug, can't be fixed I'm afraid. At least that is what ctz said.

4. Infantry fighting. Many maps have several versions 16, 32, and/or 64 players. There are a lot of infantry only maps/versions.

WaW #8: [30AI]Q|SSgt.Wilhelm - Australian
    WaW#9: [34GD]SR|Mpra.Wilhelm - Russian
    WaW#10: LS[39Fj]///|Wilhelm -> Gw%[Gj37]>>|Wilhelm - German
    WaW#11: [42Wx]P|Sgt.Wilhelm - British
    Classic Battles: Pg[HgA]///|Wilhelm - Axis
    WaW#12: Tg[J43]J~|Wilhelm - Japanese

Last Online
    09-27-2019
    Country
    This is 70D|Sd TheRocketeer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i actually liked flying, its different so it takes getting used to like everything else. one thing i found that was neat was that the stuka has 2 bomb loads, 4 50kg and 1 250kg, i think. so you have spread and you have tank killer loads and you change them just like anything else. the X and C buttons being next to each other gut cumbersome in the heat of the moment but nothing too terrible.

and i agree with the shell shock, those are some sensitive soldiers...

As for the sounds, remember you probably downloaded a sound pack just like the rest of us. i don't even remember what regular FH1 tanks sound like.

and lol at the civ truck being EXACTLY the same