Last Online
    05-07-2011
    Country
    This is Gj**** Cadyshack's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do remember, the BF2 bombs have those built in speed brakes on the back, making them lose speed faster.

I suppose there's not much of a way around it and the devs could only remodel the bombs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    07-13-2019
    Country
    This is 1AB|Pvt. Wilhelm's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They drop at a slight angle, but they pretty much drop straight down.

This is an engine limitation as far as I know from reading the dev's comments.

EDIT - Watch the trailer at 1:58 forward (near the end)...you can see how the bombs drop with the stuka:

WaW #8: [30AI]Q|SSgt.Wilhelm - Australian
    WaW#9: [34GD]SR|Mpra.Wilhelm - Russian
    WaW#10: LS[39Fj]///|Wilhelm -> Gw%[Gj37]>>|Wilhelm - German
    WaW#11: [42Wx]P|Sgt.Wilhelm - British
    Classic Battles: Pg[HgA]///|Wilhelm - Axis
    WaW#12: Tg[J43]J~|Wilhelm - Japanese

Last Online
    03-18-2017
    Country
    This is Thendash's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how the corpses don't magically disappear right away. There's something epic about driving past a group of tanks that are missing treads, on fire, broken turrets, along with infantry bodies strewn about. With the big plumes of smoke going up into the sky, it looks cool cause you can just think that something big happened there not too long ago.

WaW13 - [46Z]H|Kpr.Thendash | WaW14 - Wo[48AD]FSgt.Thendash | WaW15 - Ra|/// Thendash | WaW16 - K|2Lt.Thendash

Last Online
    06-23-2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Vi|/]Speed-Evil View Post
    So,while i'm stuck here waiting for my Bf2 coming to my mailbox,I might aswell listen to ur (hopefully)amazing stories from FH2.
    I am in the same boat. Just have been waiting for FH2 to come out to order my copy of BF2. So I will be reading this tread as well. Can't wait to try the new FH2 out!

I just joined the "German 49th Leichte Afrika Division"

I will actually take part in the battles. Never had a chance too in FH. Look forward to playing with you guys again!

I give all my thanks to all those who made this mod possible for us men that love to play out WWII battles. Looks like it took a lot of work from the 3 videos I have watched!

Registered User WaW Default
    Last Online
    04-27-2016
    Country
    This is Overdriven's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Do|/]Thendash View Post
    I like how the corpses don't magically disappear right away. There's something epic about driving past a group of tanks that are missing treads, on fire, broken turrets, along with infantry bodies strewn about. With the big plumes of smoke going up into the sky, it looks cool cause you can just think that something big happened there not too long ago.
    Ahh i love that, driving into a flag in a truck load of infantry to spread out and find dead tanks and bodies all over the place after the first wave of an attack.

Last Online
    11-20-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for downloading and trying FH2 and thanks for your comments and suggestions guys! It's good to see you're enjoying the mod. Please keep giving feedback as it really helps us iron out bugs/problems and tweak features to make them better.

Historical Texture and Sound Pack for FH 0.7 Released! -> HERE!
    Yk[J43]^^|Mr_Cheese

Last Online
    03-19-2012
    Country
    This is [RET]A. Smith's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first impression:

OH GOD THE OPPENNESS.

theres a reason the K98 and No.4 are the most common, its the only thing useful on these maps. you have miles of open terrain. theres debries for cover, of course, but in the time you can hop from one to another, against a competant team, your dead 50 times.

At the same time, if you're hidden somewhere they don't think to look for you, you can just pick 'em off by the dozen.

Last Online
    12-30-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno I hate the bf2 engine FH2 just feels clumsy at times, the terrain is annoying at times also like trying to get inside a building which has some rumble by it is a damn struggle to get inside and sometimes I get stuck! The tank combat is somewhat silly seems the Axis tanks have been given a boost in armour. I'd probably enjoy it a whole lot more if I hadn't spent the best part of 2 years playing ww2online, FH2 is like an arcade game now but it's good for some mindless killing

Registered User 23_German Schuetze (first rank)
    Last Online
    02-26-2012
    Country
    This is GjT hOMEr_jAy's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a great time on the leFH aka 105mm death from above. When you have a good spotter+shooter team you can easily roll up whole flag zones! I had a great guy in my squad and he gave great targets. Thats how we were able to destroy the 6 pounders and mgs that held down our advance. It was very satisfying to see the Tommys who tried to take cover in their trenches because of the stunning arti fire

Registered User 23_German Schuetze (first rank)
    Last Online
    05-02-2011
    Country
    This is GjT Sky Captain's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [FH2dev]Mr_Cheese View Post
    Thanks for downloading and trying FH2 and thanks for your comments and suggestions guys! It's good to see you're enjoying the mod. Please keep giving feedback as it really helps us iron out bugs/problems and tweak features to make them better.
    This is what we've been waiting 2 years for, of course we're going to tell you how it should be done.

Nah, really, you all did a great job for the first release. I can't wait to see what the FH2 Crew (Hey that rhymed) will churn out next.

Last Online
    04-27-2016
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah for a first release it's first class. There isn't a whole lot wrong with it.

I disagree, there are quite a few map balance issues, and one or two equipment issues.

Current example
    Limited AT kits means it's possible to have more panzers than boys rifles(Or vice versa)

There's two different ways to deal with this, either make a separate kit ALA the Tank-Hunter from FH1 (SMG+Satchels) and make that spawnable. OR

Remove the AT rifle from the AT kit, put a standard service rifle in the kit, and make the German/Brit AT rifles as pickup kits at various flags. AT rifles are highly useful... against light tanks and transport, and mostly worthless against heavier tanks.

70% of the time I don't want an AT rifle, I want the anti-tank grenade that the AT rifle kit comes with.
    October 4th 2004-December 10th 2011

Last Online
    12-24-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take 'em because of the rifles. Ths bombs are just nice addition. You aren't completely helpless against infantry either. Making the "tankhunter" class would just spoil things as everyone would pick that class and run around throwing satch... I mean stickybombs. Besides I haven't yet found a tank that doesn't get hurt when shot from behind with AT rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by [Vi|/]Apro-FIN- View Post
    I take 'em because of the rifles. Ths bombs are just nice addition. You aren't completely helpless against infantry either. Making the "tankhunter" class would just spoil things as everyone would pick that class and run around throwing satch... I mean stickybombs. Besides I haven't yet found a tank that doesn't get hurt when shot from behind with AT rifle.
    Matillda's and Valentines?
    October 4th 2004-December 10th 2011

Last Online
    12-24-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said "not yet" . Haven't yet been on axis on maps with those.

World at War
    2nd Wehrmacht Division
    Axis 32 Grenadier
    Last Online
    01-23-2020
    Country
    This is [WaW] m1's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there a reason the German PZ39 takes forever to reload while the boys rifle is the uber gun now? It seems that they have switched roles from fh1 to fh2.

Can anyone confirm that the pz39 does more damage than the speedy little boys?
    ]

Last Online
    12-24-2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    German AT rifle also seems to deploy faster.

Last Online
    04-27-2016
    Country

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [MTP]Adder View Post
    Matillda's and Valentines?
    If you hit them on the cupola they take a lot of damage. About 3 rounds to kill most of the time. And it's reletively easy to find a bit of high ground on most maps.

Registered User Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    01-14-2020
    Country
    This is Switz's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    too much camping with tanks, sights seem to be off at times.

Registered User Axis 29 Scheutze
    Last Online
    08-01-2018
    Country
    This is Cyan Winters's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First impression?

Not worth the wait.
    Cyan Winters.
    Excellence in tanks since Campaign 6
    [6][7][8][9][10][11][12][20][21][22][23][24][27]

Last Online
    09-21-2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Vi|/]Apro-FIN- View Post
    i agree

Last Online
    11-12-2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because of mostly im choosing to fly (in simulation games also) i will tell about flying;
    Positives
    + i like that, there is no more no cocpit vision in planes, this will bring to pilot candidates more professionality
    + G effects on head in flight seems good and feels more realistic
    + normal and gunsight wiew seperated finally but zoom level of gunsight wiew seems a bit much to me
    + when flak blowing near of me im really feeling it now and thats awsome!
    + i couldnt test all planes live yet but so far flight characteristics good, but need additional tweaks if target is realistic flying.
    For example Ju-87 B-2 "Stuka" (best turn time in junkers) have 19.77 second turning time in 240km/h speed at 1 km altitude,
    Spitfire Mk.V B, Supermarine (best turn time in spits) have 17.04 seconds turning time in 266km/h
    which mean turning ratios should be close of that planes in in-game flying

Negatives
    - if after now fh2 will be cocpit only then we need a solution for looking around in cocpit. if you can add support for hat-switches in joysticks or any other way which wont cause a trouble in gameplay i will be appreciate
    - i dont know iw its because of my settings but from above things seen omehow blurry a bit, i cant understand if thing is a tank or a truck or another thing in first saw (if im not already making close pass)
    - those 20mm Hispanos of hurricane need more power and recoil (for ralism)
    - tank hedgehogs are buggy, its blowing you suddenly even if you tuch it slightly (not too often)

Sorry for long post, these lines totally personal ideas, thank you for hard work FH-Team