Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online
    07-22-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this mean I got have an Agp slot?

Here is a picture I took from PC Wizard 2008 Program says I got 1 agp slot but its in use with my network card.... Or am I reading it wrong? Can you tell me

And can some1 tell me The difference in how a agp and pci slot look like.
    Voted Best Spammer of the Soviets
    The official maker of the Five Dollar Footlong

Last Online
    06-05-2019
    Country
    This is AB*Rct KullaN's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, the i865GV chipset(which you got) has an integrated graphics chip, but no external AGP port.
    You should be able to distinguish it from the PCI slots by the placement and color, it should generally not be white, be the card closest to the CPU and be a little further from the back than the PCI slots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerated_Graphics_Port

Registered User Blufor 28 Recruit
    Last Online
    01-01-2016
    Country
    This is AB*Rct Twisted's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha, we know this comp is broken because its a dell, and get more ram plz.

X_X0==(||Q)

Last Online
    02-10-2016
    Country
    This is Sauron's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just open the case and check it, you can see the difference very easily.

I doubt that the AGP slot is used by a network card, they mainly use PCI slots.

You can see the difference in whether the seperator is left or right. A PCI-e slot looks very different, it's a lot bigger too, but I doubt you have one.

Last Online
    07-22-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am planning on doing it like today or tomorrow but I heard u need to de staticize ur hand or something??? how am I sposed to do that I dont wanna fry my motherboard

WaW Default
    Last Online
    11-11-2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [47Sgb]T|MSgt.Jared View Post
    I am planning on doing it like today or tomorrow but I heard u need to de staticize ur hand or something??? how am I sposed to do that I dont wanna fry my motherboard
    Step 1: Turn your computer off.

Step 2: Pull the power cord in the computer.

And youre ready to go..
    Formerly L3M0NZ

Last Online
    07-22-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wo[48AD]Pfc.L3M0NZ View Post

And youre ready to go..

But dont I have to touch My hand with metal???? I want to be 100% sure I broke my parents compy 3years ago ( didn't know crap bout computers)

WaW Default
    Last Online
    11-11-2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But dont I have to touch My hand with metal???? I want to be 100% sure I broke my parents compy 3years ago ( didn't know crap bout computers)
    Just make sure your hand isnt wet and dont pull too hard on anything on it and I think you'll be fine.. Let someone else confirm before trusting me though.
    Formerly L3M0NZ

Last Online
    07-22-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make sure your hand isnt wet and dont pull too hard on anything on it and I think you'll be fine.. Let someone else confirm before trusting me though.
    I found this thing called a grounding wrist strap spose to wear it makes ur hand like anti static

Last Online
    05-01-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't give advice if you don't know wtf you are talking about.

Obviously powering off the computer is OK but by unplugging the power cord you basically isolate the PC from the ground, thereby removing the only path by which an ESD can escape out of the PC.

So, poweroff the thing but leave it plugged and touch the frame or P/S case as often as possible while messing inside the computer. Also try to avoid doing that in a room with carpet or on a chair with fabric.

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    01-07-2020
    Country
    This is Sionnach's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this thing called a grounding wrist strap spose to wear it makes ur hand like anti static
    Yep, always a good idea. Do what Orange suggests, leave the power cord plugged in and then attach the other end of the anti-static wrist strap to the body of the PC (I assume it has a clip or something to allow you to do so?).

Better safe than sorry!

#4: [C14]D|SSgt.Sionnach #5: [A]P|Sgt.Sionnach #6: [22RN]P|SSgt.Sionnach
    #7: [26M]W|2Lt.Sionnach #8: [30AI]Q|Cpt.Sionnach #9: [34GD]SR|SLt.Sionnach

#10: Gw[Gj37]^^|Sionnach
    #11: [42Wx]P|LCpl.Sionnach Cl: [AEF]B|Cpl.Sionnach
    #12: [44M]LtGen.Sionnach #13: Marszałek Sionnach (CinC)
    #14: [47Sgb]T!|JWo.Sionnach
    #15+ Retired
    #32: 1ABb|Pvt. Sionnach

Last Online
    07-22-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [47Sgb]T!|JWo.Sionnach View Post
    Yep, always a good idea. Do what Orange suggests, leave the power cord plugged in and then attach the other end of the anti-static wrist strap to the body of the PC (I assume it has a clip or something to allow you to do so?).

Better safe than sorry!
    But when can i unplug the computer? I want to move it from my carpeted room to the kitchen table (its wood) and where should I attach a grounding strap? cus the case is plastic

World at War
    1st Airborne Division
    Allies 32 Private
    Last Online
    01-07-2020
    Country
    This is Sionnach's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But when can i unplug the computer? I want to move it from my carpeted room to the kitchen table (its wood) and where should I attach a grounding strap? cus the case is plastic
    Well that's the point, you're adivsed not to unplug it whilst it's open.

You could unplug it, move it to the kitchen table and then plug it in again. Then open it, and before you do anything else, attach the strap to a metal part of the case inside. The outside of the case will be plastic, but surely the inside of it is metal?

#4: [C14]D|SSgt.Sionnach #5: [A]P|Sgt.Sionnach #6: [22RN]P|SSgt.Sionnach
    #7: [26M]W|2Lt.Sionnach #8: [30AI]Q|Cpt.Sionnach #9: [34GD]SR|SLt.Sionnach

#10: Gw[Gj37]^^|Sionnach
    #11: [42Wx]P|LCpl.Sionnach Cl: [AEF]B|Cpl.Sionnach
    #12: [44M]LtGen.Sionnach #13: Marszałek Sionnach (CinC)
    #14: [47Sgb]T!|JWo.Sionnach
    #15+ Retired
    #32: 1ABb|Pvt. Sionnach

Last Online
    07-22-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [47Sgb]T!|JWo.Sionnach View Post
    Well that's the point, you're adivsed not to unplug it whilst it's open.

You could unplug it, move it to the kitchen table and then plug it in again. Then open it, and before you do anything else, attach the strap to a metal part of the case inside. The outside of the case will be plastic, but surely the inside of it is metal?
    is it safe to like take out ram or put in gpus while its plugged iN?

Last Online
    10-26-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just turn off the computer and do this.
    WaWSoldier: and if you are going to call me [gay] say it to my face
    WaWSoldier: if you think I am kidiing Ill have my lawyer contact you
    WaWSoldier: I will sues
    The T-King (Click).

Registered User Allies 27 Private
    Last Online
    09-22-2016
    Country
    This is Paasky's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless you live by rubbing a balloon all the time, or start hammering the computer, you can't really destroy anything. Turn the PC off, open it, start adding/removing.

Sionnach: I have come to the conclusion that you [Paasky] are a complete nutcase.
    Grunty: Paasky is officialy insane. It wasn't official until somone like me said it. I'm bad but Paasky is bloody looney.
    KiMo: Nah nothing against you... I think your insane, that's all.

Last Online
    02-10-2016
    Country
    This is Sauron's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make sure you remove the power cable, since their is still power on the Power Supply when it's connected. And I always touch the central heating before I remove/add any parts internal.

Last Online
    07-22-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO I want to know Do i NEED an anti static bracelet

and here is the card IM geting if I got no agp slot that leaves me w/ pci
    can you tell me if you think it will run based on its specs and crap and I will have 2gig ram and got p4 2.8ghz cpu

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814129062

specs

<TABLE class=specification cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Model</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Brand</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('VisionTek'));</SCRIPT>VisionTek </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Model</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('VTKX1300256PCI'));</SCRIPT>VTKX1300256PCI </TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Interface</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Interface</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('PCI'));</SCRIPT>PCI </TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Chipset</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Chipset Manufacturer</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('ATI'));</SCRIPT>ATI </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>GPU</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('Radeon X1300'));</SCRIPT>Radeon X1300 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Core clock</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('450MHz'));</SCRIPT>450MHz </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>PixelPipelines</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('4'));</SCRIPT>4 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Memory</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Memory Clock</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('533MHz'));</SCRIPT>533MHz </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Memory Size</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('256MB'));</SCRIPT>256MB </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Memory Interface</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('128-bit'));</SCRIPT>128-bit </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Memory Type</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('GDDR2'));</SCRIPT>GDDR2 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>3D API</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>DirectX</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('DirectX 9'));</SCRIPT>DirectX 9 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>OpenGL</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('OpenGL 2.0'));</SCRIPT>OpenGL 2.0 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Ports</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>D-SUB</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('1'));</SCRIPT>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>DVI</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('1'));</SCRIPT>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>TV-Out</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('HDTV / S-Video / Composite Out'));</SCRIPT>HDTV / S-Video / Composite Out </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>VIVO</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('No'));</SCRIPT>No </TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>General</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Tuner</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('None'));</SCRIPT>None </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>RAMDAC</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('400 MHz'));</SCRIPT>400 MHz </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Max Resolution</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('2560 x 1600'));</SCRIPT>2560 x 1600 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Cooler</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('With Fan'));</SCRIPT>With Fan </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Operating Systems Supported</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('Windows XP/XP x64/MCE 2005'));</SCRIPT>Windows XP/XP x64/MCE 2005 </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>System Requirements</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('Intel Pentium 4/III/Celeron, AMD K6/Duron /Athlon/Athlon XP,K8, or compatible with an available PCI slot
    256MB of system memory (512MB recommended)
    Installation software requires CD-ROM drive DVD playback requires DVD drive
    250 Watt power supply or greater recommended'));</SCRIPT>Intel Pentium 4/III/Celeron, AMD K6/Duron /Athlon/Athlon XP,K8, or compatible with an available PCI slot
    256MB of system memory (512MB recommended)
    Installation software requires CD-ROM drive DVD playback requires DVD drive
    250 Watt power supply or greater recommended </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Dual-Link DVI Supported</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('Yes'));</SCRIPT>Yes </TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Features</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Features</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('High Definition 3D Performance & Image Quality to Your PC
    Advanced Multi-Display Capability
    Brilliant New Avivo Video and Display Technology
    A New Era of 3D Gaming
    Opening Doors to Visual Realism and True-to-life image Graphic Animation'));</SCRIPT>High Definition 3D Performance & Image Quality to Your PC
    Advanced Multi-Display Capability
    Brilliant New Avivo Video and Display Technology
    A New Era of 3D Gaming
    Opening Doors to Visual Realism and True-to-life image Graphic Animation </TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Packaging</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Package Contents</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('VTKX1300256PCI
    Driver Disk
    User Manual'));</SCRIPT>VTKX1300256PCI
    Driver Disk
    User Manual </TD></TR><TR><TD class=title colSpan=2>Manufacturer Warranty</TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Parts</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('1 year limited'));</SCRIPT>1 year limited </TD></TR><TR><TD class=name>Labor</TD><TD class=desc><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>document.write(neg_specification_newlin e('1 year limited'));</SCRIPT>1 year limited </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last Online
    10-26-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need one, just don't bring any electrons into the case(Ala static electrity).
    The T-King (Click).

Last Online
    07-22-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [47Sgb]K|Sgt.FlyGuy45 View Post
    You don't need one, just don't bring any electrons into the case(Ala static electrity).
    how do i not bring static ?? dont ur hands produce that?

World at War Ambulance
    Last Online
    05-06-2018
    Country
    This is Trexer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't walk around on the carpet in sock feet rubbing your feet and then touch stuff. As long as you touch the case periodically you should be fine.

Also don't get PCI confused with PCI-E they are very different.

What is the model number of your dell?

Last Online
    05-01-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [47Sgb]K|Sgt.FlyGuy45 View Post
    You don't need one, just don't bring any electrons into the case....
    LOL good luck with that...

@ jared
    You don't NEED anything although a wrist band is a nice thing to have. If you regularly touch the case while it is plugged and are not playing with a Tesla coil or dragging your feet on the carpet then you can handle the parts without worries of ESD.

Last Online
    07-22-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [UN]USG.Trexer View Post
    Don't walk around on the carpet in sock feet rubbing your feet and then touch stuff. As long as you touch the case periodically you should be fine.

Also don't get PCI confused with PCI-E they are very different.

What is the model number of your dell?
    Ya i know pci and pci-e are VERY different I know what I am stuck with and have to make do and the model number? um let me see..... thers a sticker on my computer on the side i see like 3 different numbers

its a dell dimension 3000 and hers one of the numbers: X10 60264

Last Online
    12-06-2016
    Country
    This is BigBlueCheese's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol if you have problems identifying the parts of your computer, take a picture of the motherboard and we can help you identify the parts of interest.

Another note as far as static electricity goes. I'd recommend doing any computer maintenance on a hard floor if you can. This greatly minimizes the chances of static charge building up on you. Also, if you're on a hard floor (non-carpeted) then you probably don't have to leave the thing plugged in if that's easier.

Registered User 23_German Schuetze (first rank)
    Last Online
    05-02-2011
    Country
    This is GjT Sky Captain's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ Trex: I'm fairly certain I have the same motherboard, and no PCI-e slot.

World at War Ambulance
    Last Online
    05-06-2018
    Country
    This is Trexer's Country Flag

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops I looked up the wrong model. I show that your computer would only have a regular PCI not AGP or PCI-E. What are you upgrading for as a PCI vid card isn't going to do much these days imo.

Last Online
    07-22-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops I looked up the wrong model. I show that your computer would only have a regular PCI not AGP or PCI-E.
    alright thanks stil gonna open with my dad tonight maybe clean oout 2.5 year old dust

I told my mom what you guys said she says she wants an article about this from like pc world or somethng "reputable" source. But i cant decide if I should get bracelet put on floor on table u all conflicting Im gonna take ur stuff into account I think mom will buy me bracelet ( cant have too much security when its only $5 )

Last Online
    05-01-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told my mom what you guys said she says she wants an article about this from like pc world or somethng "reputable" source....
    I lol'ed

Last Online
    10-26-2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    I lol'ed
    Mention the electrons! Hahahaha...... And I did post an article inmy previous posts, Jared.
    The T-King (Click).

Last Online
    07-22-2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops I looked up the wrong model. I show that your computer would only have a regular PCI not AGP or PCI-E. What are you upgrading for as a PCI vid card isn't going to do much these days imo.

but I just want to play fh2 and bf2 and good old 1942 what lvl graphics you think I could play fh2 and bf2 at? with that card